The Education Forum

Forum Party: 15th - 25th December

The International Education Forum is one year old today. We have 1,086 members from all over the world. In that year we have made 15,186 posts. Andy Walker and myself thought it would be a good idea to have an online party. (You will have to supply your own alcohol). The forum has a large number of sections. Most members only meet people from their own section. The online party will provide an opportunity to meet people from other areas of the forum. The idea is that we will talk about the things that people normally talk about at parties. Feel free to start conversations (threads). Hopefully, people will talk to you. The party will last until 25th December.

• 1 year later...
The International Education Forum is one year old today. We have 1,086 members from all over the world. In that year we have made 15,186 posts. Andy Walker and myself thought it would be a good idea to have an online party. (You will have to supply your own alcohol). The forum has a large number of sections. Most members only meet people from their own section. The online party will provide an opportunity to meet people from other areas of the forum. The idea is that we will talk about the things that people normally talk about at parties. Feel free to start conversations (threads). Hopefully, people will talk to you. The party will last until 25th December.

I propose a two year old party, since today is the 15th of December- AGAIN.

Have we made any progress on the case?

I was so sorry to have had to miss being in Dallas this past November.

Perhaps next year we can all plan ahead and plan to have an in- person

get together there. I really feel as if I "know" the people here.

Dawn

• 1 year later...

I thought we could have another Xmas Party this year. Please contribute to existing threads or start new ones. I have decided to add a "murder mystery puzzle" that are usually very popular at this time of year at parties. My one is original and comes from my research into the way witnesses were murdered following the assassination of JFK.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8869

• 1 month later...
Guest John Gillespie

"In that year we have made 15,186 posts. ." - Simkin

Yeah,

14,341 of them were by the envious Pat Speer accusing Ashton of being salacious.

• 4 years later...
Guest James H. Fetzer

John,

I tried to send this as a personal message, but I have been informed that you are not receiving "personal messages". I am simply stunned:

John,

I have just discovered an announcement from Evan Burton that posts prior to 2006 are being deleted due to a lack of "disk space". That is absurd. If anything has happened with recent developments in computer science, it is that disc space has become cheaper and cheaper. I can't believe that you would allow this to happen. The contents of this forum could, at the least, have been donated to the Library of Congress or The National Archives. Is it still possible? Egad! We are talking about decades of irreplaceable research. This is tragic.

Jim

Guest James H. Fetzer

John,

I mentioned this at the Deep Politics Forum and Magda has offered to archive the material that Evan seems eager to delete.

That would surely be a far more desirable outcome: freeing up your space while preserving the historical research record.

Jim

John,

I tried to send this as a personal message, but I have been informed that you are not receiving "personal messages". I am simply stunned:

John,

I have just discovered an announcement from Evan Burton that posts prior to 2006 are being deleted due to a lack of "disk space". That is absurd. If anything has happened with recent developments in computer science, it is that disc space has become cheaper and cheaper. I can't believe that you would allow this to happen. The contents of this forum could, at the least, have been donated to the Library of Congress or The National Archives. Is it still possible? Egad! We are talking about decades of irreplaceable research. This is tragic.

Jim