The Education Forum

Other unsolved murders

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

I thought it might be fun to look at other unsolved murders of the 19th & 20th centurys, & bring the latest offender profiling to bear on them. I promise you I'm not strange for having these interests, my job is a psychiatric rehab officer, and involves working with psychologically damaged offenders.

Please post about any case that interests you e.g Harry Oakes, Belle Starr, Mrs Maybrick, the Zodiac Killer etc

I work mainly using the Quantico technique pioneered by R Ressler of the FBI, but I have also devised some voodoo of my own. Let the games begin!!!

Steve.

I also have an interest in unsolved murder cases. As you know, I am currently involved in investigating the Mary Pinchot Meyer case. I think the Black Dahlia case is very interesting. Severed: The True Story of the "Black Dahlia" Murder by John Gilmore is an outstanding book that I would highly recommend to everyone.

Guest Stephen Turner
I also have an interest in unsolved murder cases. As you know, I am currently involved in investigating the Mary Pinchot Meyer case. I think the Black Dahlia case is very interesting. Severed: The True Story of the "Black Dahlia" Murder by John Gilmore is an outstanding book that I would highly recommend to everyone.

John.

A profile sweep of the crime scene in the Meyer case might be useful ie organised or unorganised m/o, I will attempt to do this and post my findings

Guest Stephen Turner

THE MONSTER OF FLORENCE. THE MYSTERY BEGINS.

The mystery of "IL Monstro"began in August 1968 with the murder of

Barbara Locci, a 32yr old married woman from Lastra a Signa, and

her lover Antonio lo Bianco. Even though Barbara was married and

had a child, she had a reputation for promiscuous behavior, and had

previously earned the nickname, Queen Bee.

On the evening of Aug 21st 1968, Barbara, her young son, and

Antonio were returning from a movie, when Antonio suggested they

stop at a nearby cemetary for a quick "sexual liason." Since her

son was asleep in the backseat Barbara agreed. Their fun was short

lived. As the lovers kissed, a figure appeared out of the dark, and

shot them both dead. Following the murders, the killer grabbed

the boy from the car and carried him away.

Sometime later that night, a local farmer was woken by a knock

on his front door. when the man opened the door the young boy

was standing there with tears running down his face." My Mother

and my Uncle are dead" The child told the man, apparantly not

wanting to harm the boy, the killer had left him on the farmers

steps.

AS investigators went over the cemetary crime scene, they

discovered eight .22-caliber shell casings by the vehicle. The

car was a white " Alpha Romeo guilietta" with licence plates

from the province of Arezzo. A check of the vehicles registration

revealed it belonged to Antonio LO Bianco. Investigators were

stumped. Who had committed this heinous crime, and why?

NOTE- When FBI investigators are brought into a local murder

case, they advise the police to pay special attention to the first

murder,as it is almost always nearer to the killers home, than

subsequent murders.

Edited by Stephen Turner

• 1 month later...

John St John aka Jigsaw John, now there is a old cop that you wouldnt want to piss off that was good friends with my dad when he was a Homicide Det. with LAPD.

I have a picture of him somewhere that he gave my dad of him with a Tommy Gun...

Even though it was officially rulled as a suicide, the death of Frank Nugan I believe must be treated as one of the more mysterious unsolved deaths.

Frank Nugan partnered ex Green Beret Michael Hand in the CIA run Nugan/Hand Bank in Sydney, Australia.

Nugan was found dead in his car near Lithgow on the outskirts of Sydney. He had been shot in the head and a rifle lay by his side, a rifle which did not have his prints on it. There was also a Bible in the vehicle which had slipped into the pages a food wrapper with the names William Colby and Bob Wilson written on it. Wilson being a senior Republican on the U. S. Armed Services Committee.

Interesting to note that some of the Directors and associates of the Nugan/Hand Bank were, William Colby, Gen. Edwin Black, Gen. Erle Cocke Jr, Gen. Leroy Manor, Admiral Earl Yates, Ted Shackley, Tom Clines, Richard Secord and Edwin Wilson.

Shortly after Nugan's death, Michael Hand went missing and has yet to be found.

James

Guest Stephen Turner
I'd be real interested to read a profile of H.H.Holmes, the legendary Chicago serial killer most folks have never heard of.

Ah Mr Holmes, the Englewood, "Murder castle" killer. Nearly a contemporary of my

old friend Jack the Ripper. Give me a few days, Norman, and I will attempt a

profile.... Steve.

I'd be real interested to read a profile of H.H.Holmes, the legendary Chicago serial killer most folks have never heard of.

Ah Mr Holmes, the Englewood, "Murder castle" killer. Nearly a contemporary of my

old friend Jack the Ripper. Give me a few days, Norman, and I will attempt a

profile.... Steve.

You are an ambitious man. Did you know there is a movie coming? Produced by Tom Cruise and starring Johnny Dep as Mr. Mudget. I wished to heck that his 'house' hadn't burned down. Gawd knows what else was in there. And what about all the weirdness of his burial? An oversized coffin filled with concrete, buried in a double lot filled with concrete. What other serial killer supported his habit by selling the victims skeletons to medical schools.

"I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid.

• 4 years later...

Norman have you read the book on him. It's quite interesting. It's somehat related to Jack, but also in a a convoluted way to the JFK case considering his roots. Anyway it's a fascinating study.

Another very little known case of death without witnesses was the early 19hundreds shooting of a boy by another boy (name H.D. Holmes) in Kansas. Younger boy shot with a shotgun from rear above on the right rear head while playing.

I find the Zodiac the most intriguing.

What if part of his code was double or triple encrypted? What if he used the inflatable (1930 on, fav of Navy and Marine Centres) Zodiac and that explaind certain matters? What if an exhaustive Zodiac access in the Northern California area search was conducted?

Edited by John Dolva

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...nes_NMS_map.jpg,

in relation to possible Zodiac killings: the marine centers, the old coast guard building: Navy and Marine centers use/d inflatable zodiacs. Foot print: Navy Wind Walkers. Water locations figure prominently in the killings.