The Education Forum

George H. W. Bush and Assassination of JFK

Their hatred of democratic government, oversight of intelligence, oversight of anything is an attempt

to turn the clock back to the mid 1970s before Carter, Mondale and Frank Church shined a light

on the domestic surveillance, corruption and foreign adventures like Vietnam.

Well put, what I cannot believe is the absolute wall of silence, for the most part of our 'mainstream media.'

Operation Mockingbird to the 100th power?

The individuals in high places that took matters into their own hands on November 22, 1963 didn't care about anyone or anything but 'money and power' they were too short sighted to realize that once a coup d'etat takes place in politics, it generates a new paradigm into the established political order, and once the political order is upset, you cannot how you say, 'put the genie back in the bottle'.

Or to put it another way, insofar as 2006 is concerned;

It is more than a question of the devil in the details.

The ultimate irony is the fact that the term 'conspiracy theorist' didn't come into vogue until after 1963. Which places the Posner's and Belin's and Blakey's of our time in the sickeningly perverted role of 'uniquely qualified to bring you the world,' it's just a shame that their world is even more full of mind games and playing fast and loose with 'reality' factoids than a certain Republican hack whose 'interview' of someone who lost a family on September 11th, consisted of spewing every hate filled diatribe and shrill insult that entered his very little mind; To me it is a reminder of how non-existent investigative journalism is nowadays, for the most part.

Why? you ask [the life you save may be your own]. How many know that this same hack once worked in Dallas and was part of the 'investigative journalist cadre' that wanted to talk to J. Walton Moore about George DeMohrenschildt way back, when that particular demographic was still alive.

As Jon Lovitz used to say on Saturday Night Live

'And yet it happened.'

Only this time, it really did!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12th December, 1986, Daniel Sheehan submitted to the court an affidavit detailing the Irangate scandal. He also claimed that Thomas G. Clines and Ted Shackley were running a private assassination program that had evolved from projects they ran while working for the CIA. Others named as being part of this assassination team included Rafael Quintero, Richard Secord, Felix Rodriguez and Albert Hakim. It later emerged that Gene Wheaton and Carl E. Jenkins were the two main sources for this affidavit.

Six days after the publication of Sheehan's affidavit, William Casey underwent an operation for a "brain tumor". As a result of the operation, Casey lost the power of speech and died, literally without ever talking. On 9th February, Robert McFarlane, another person involved in the Iran-Contra Scandal, took an overdose of drugs.

In November, 1986, Ronald Reagan set-up a three man commission (President's Special Review Board). The three men were John Tower, Brent Scowcroft and Edmund Muskie. Richard L. Armitage was interviewed by the committee. He admitted that he had arranged a series of meetings between Menachem Meron, the director general of Israel's Ministry of Defence, with Oliver North and Richard Secord. However, he denied that he discussed the replenishment of Israeli TOW missiles with Meron.

Armitage also claimed that he first learned that Israel had shipped missiles to Iran in 1985 when he heard William Casey testify on 21st November, 1986 that the United States had replenished Israel's TOW missile stocks. According to Lawrence E. Walsh, who carried out the official investigation into the scandal (Iran-Contra: The Final Report), claims that Armitage did not tell the truth to the President's Special Review Board. "Significant evidence from a variety of sources shows that Armitage's knowledge predated Casey's testimony. For instance, a North notebook entry on November 18, 1986, documents a discussion with Armitage about Israel's 1985 arms shipments to Iran - three days before Armitage supposedly learned for the first time that such shipments has occurred."

Walsh also adds that "classified evidence obtained from the Government of Israel... and evidence from North and Secord show that during the period Meron met with Armitage, Meron was discussing arms shipments to Iran and Israel's need for replenishment. Secord and North, on separate occasions, directed Meron to discuss these issues with Armitage."

The report implicated Oliver North, John Poindexter, Casper Weinberger and several others but did not mention the role played by Bush. It also claimed that Ronald Reagan had no knowledge of what had been going on.

The House Select Committee to Investigate Covert Arms Transactions with Iran was also established by Congress. The most important figure on the committee was the senior Republican member, Richard Cheney. As a result George Bush was totally exonerated when the report was published on 18th November, 1987. The report did state that Reagan's administration exhibited "secrecy, deception and disdain for the law."

Oliver North and John Poindexter were indicted on multiple charges on 16th March, 1988. North, indicted on twelve counts, was found guilty by a jury of three minor counts. The convictions were vacated on appeal on the grounds that North's Fifth Amendment rights may have been violated by the indirect use of his testimony to Congress which had been given under a grant of immunity. Poindexter was also convicted of lying to Congress, obstruction of justice, conspiracy, and altering and destroying documents pertinent to the investigation. His convictions were also overturned on appeal.

When George Bush became president he set about rewarding those who had helped him in the cover-up of the Iran-Contra Scandal. Bush appointed Richard L. Armitage as a negotiator and mediator in the Middle East. Donald Gregg was appointed as his ambassador to South Korea. Brent Scowcroft became his chief national security adviser and John Tower became Secretary of Defence. When the Senate refused to confirm Tower, Bush gave the job to Richard Cheney. Later, Casper Weinberger, Robert McFarlane, Duane R. Clarridge, Clair E. George, Elliott Abrams and Alan D. Fiers, Jr., who had all been charged with offences related to the Iran-Contra scandal, were pardoned by Bush.

• 3 weeks later...

Where was George Bush and his mate, Felix Rodriguez, on the day JFK was assassinated? Bush admits to being in Texas but cannot remember where. Rodriguez told a Rolling Stone reporter that he could not remember where he was when JFK was killed.

Where was George Bush and his mate, Felix Rodriguez, on the day JFK was assassinated? Bush admits to being in Texas but cannot remember where. Rodriguez told a Rolling Stone reporter that he could not remember where he was when JFK was killed.

My remembrance is that Bush was registered at the downtown Sheraton

Hotel, but had made a quick trip to an East Texas town about 80 miles

away for a luncheon club speaking engagement. This seems odd in light

of the impending visit of the president. Presumably he flew from and to

Love Field for the quick lunch trip. As far as I know this has never been

confirmed. He was back in Dallas in plenty of time to be photographed

in front of the TSBD by early afternoon. How can he NOT REMEMBER?

Jack

Jack

The town was Tyler...about 100 miles east of Dallas. Despite the ease

of checking out whether Bush actually spoke there that day, nobody

has ever bothered to check his ALIBI.

He was registered at the downtown Sheraton on 11-22. A flight to

Tyler from Love Field in a private plane...less than an hour.

Speaking of ESTABLISHING AN ALIBI...note the attached document.

How about calling the FBI long distance two hours after the killing and

reporting your name, address and location. Hey, rock solid alibi!

Jack

How accommodating of Mr. Bush to alert the FBI to threats to assassinate the President after the murder had already been committed.

Why did Mr. Bush not alert the Bureau about these threats when he first heard them? Presumably, he didn't take them seriously enough. Yet, after the President's death was reported, he thought them worthy of investigation?

Interesting also that Mr. Bush advised the Bureau that he was heading to the scene of the crime, but would be back at home in Houston the following day. One assumes he had pressing business matters that required him to visit Dallas, but one fails to understand why he felt the need to advise the Bureau of his planned whereabouts the following day.

Perhaps the attached Bureau memo [apologies for gross pixelation] from J. Edgar Hoover illustrates why Mr. Bush felt the need to ensure that the Bureau would know where to find him on 11/23/63, aside from his creation of an "I-was-in-Tyler" alibi.

post-2206-1148688080_thumb.jpg

Jack

The town was Tyler...about 100 miles east of Dallas. Despite the ease

of checking out whether Bush actually spoke there that day, nobody

has ever bothered to check his ALIBI.

He was registered at the downtown Sheraton on 11-22. A flight to

Tyler from Love Field in a private plane...less than an hour.

Speaking of ESTABLISHING AN ALIBI...note the attached document.

How about calling the FBI long distance two hours after the killing and

reporting your name, address and location. Hey, rock solid alibi!

Jack

There are other individuals besides myself, that are privy to the following, as my bona fides pale in comparison to many of the other members of the Forum. But, the accuracy of the Southland Hotel aspect becomes even more glaring when one discovers that the Southland Hotel was located in the Southland Building, which for those who have more than a passing interest in the topic, undoubtedly realize is the same exact building which, Antonio Veciana asserted he saw Lee Harvey Oswald, and "Maurice Bishop," during the Alpha-66 day's, [see The Last Investigation - Gaeton Fonzi, pgs 141-142.]

Even more interesting is that there is a link albeit a small one between the address of one Mrs. Loretta Haliburton [i am not privy as to whether the aformentioned Mrs. Haliburton is related to those Haliburton's i.e. Brown and Root or not.] Nevertheless Haliburton Company did maintain an office in the Southland Building.

Halliburton Co. 3211 Southland Bdlg. RI8-7261

Haliburton Co. - Div. office 211 N. Ervay RI1-3841

Loretta Haliburton 1916 Stevens Forest Drive WH6-4356

Jack L. Bowen 1916 Stevens Forest Drive WH8-8997

The source of this information is the Dallas Residential Telephone Directory and the Criss-Cross Directory 1963 which can be verified to anyone who can access a Cole's Directory for the same year, usually found at major city libraries.

Although I cannot state unequivocally [as I was 5 years old on November 22, 1963] the 1916 Stevens Forest Drive address was undoubtedly an Apartment Complex, as it indeed, is now. see below

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.799528,-...6&spn=0.11,0.18

One might also want to peruse 'The name Jack Bowen in the JFK Assassination.'

by Mike Sylvester

http://www.bvalphaserver.com/convert.php?f...rren/bowen.html

Note all phone numbers listed are in Area Code 214.

Edited by Robert Howard

Robert,

Just to add another Jack Bowen to the list, in 1960, a man by that name who was said to be a Byran newspaperman, was named to LBJ's Presidential campaign staff.

It might also be worthwhile noting that the Southland Building in 1956 was where the Dallas Democrats opened the Adlai Stevenson - Estes Kefauver headquarters. Attending the opening ceremony were amongst others, Judge Sarah T. Hughes, W.O. Bill Cooper and Henry Wade.

FWIW.

James

The Sheraton Hotel was in the Southland Life Center.

I do not remember a Southland Hotel.

Jack

My mistake Jack, the Southland Hotel references in my post, should have read Sheraton Hotel. Sorry.

Also, in the article link 'The name John Bowen in the Kennedy Assassination' mentions that Jack Leslie Bowen lived in Fort Worth from "at least August 1961 until January 1964." And in another section, mentions that John Caesar Grossi aka Jack Leslie Bowen worked as an 'assistant art-director at Jaggar-Chile-Stovall' and Oswald...."became friends with Bowen." While I am not claiming that the Jack L. Bowen residing at 1916 Stevens Forest Drive is one and the same as the Jack Leslie Bowen who worked at Jaggar-Chiles-Stovall and knew Oswald, I wanted to make note of it, as I am reasonably certain it is not part of the record.

Not to mention the implications of the fact that anyone named Jack L. Bowen who lived in Dallas in 1963 should be noteworthy when one realizes that the name itself appears to 'come up quite a bit' as Sylvester's article makes explicitly clear.

Edited by Robert Howard

Just what are you Republican/CIA/Bush/Haliburton/America-hating lunatics implying? That he was delinquent in passing along pertinent security information, or that he had a role in the assassination itself? If the latter, I look forward to the defamation lawsuit you nuts so richly deserve. And to think someone recently posted a thread lauding Simkin for running an "intelligent" message board.

Just what are you Republican/CIA/Bush/Haliburton/America-hating lunatics implying? That he was delinquent in passing along pertinent security information, or that he had a role in the assassination itself? If the latter, I look forward to the defamation lawsuit you nuts so richly deserve. And to think someone recently posted a thread lauding Simkin for running an "intelligent" message board.

For someone who is ostensibly in the Public Relations biz in Washington, your comment's seem pretty naive considering Washington D.C.'s corruption factor is currently in a 'Scandal of the Week mode.' If the matters being discussed here are upsetting to you perhaps you should go somewhere where your precious delusional sensibilities are not violated.

If the matters being discussed here are upsetting to you perhaps you should go somewhere where your precious delusional sensibilities are not violated.

Robert, the same advice might be just as pertinent to another Forum member. Only this one refuses to post, contenting himself to take potshots by private e-mail rather than post in the open where his vituperation might be challenged.

To wit, this just in from one Gary Mack, nee Lawrence Dunkel. [Aren't aliases forbidden by Forum rules?]

At 10:13 pm my time, Gary wrote me:

There you go again, Robert. So Bush travels from Houston to Tyler for his noon speaking engagement and makes a reservation at a Dallas hotel....all BEFORE the assassination.

And the fact that he did so prior to the assassination implies what? That's he's well organized? And you know of his travel arrangements because you personally checked them out and found the claims to be true?

Then he remembers the guy who suggested JFK might be killed but no one took him seriously at the time. So Bush calls the FBI in DALLAS right away to report what happened, then tells he would be in Dallas later that day in case they need to speak with him further?

And where he'd be on the following day, for what purpose? So that he could be "briefed" by Hoover, as Hoover's own memo alleges? You'd provide a far more beneficial service to the cause of "research" that you once pretended to champion by addressing whether or not the George Bush in question was the same man cited by the Hoover memo. If you don't have the teeth to chew on the meat of the matter, why chime in at all? Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Do you have any evidence that ANY of the above account could not be true?

Do you have any evidence indicating whether the George Bush who phoned the FBI was also the George Bush identified by Hoover as being CIA? Seems the rather more germane question, dunnit?

Would you have felt better if Bush withheld the information from investigators?

Actually, I would have felt better had Mr. Bush informed the FBI prior to the assassination, when it might have done some good. That's what I wrote, and that's what I meant. Is English your second language, or do you send these deliberately pointless e-mails because you have nothing better to do with your time?

Would you have felt even better if the FBI had NOT checked out his story and found the guy Bush named was provably nowhere near Dallas and was not involved in anything other than having said something really stupid in front of others?

At least his stupid comments were made in public, not in hectoring e-mails. If you have nothing constructive to offer the debate on matters of substance, why do you dwell on the insignificant to the exclusion of what may be of probative value?

And if you haven't the manners to state your case in public, can I suggest you cease sending me unsolicited e-mails? This pattern of back-channel needling has been going on for, what, the better part of a decade? If I want to hear from you, I know where to find you. It's just not out in the open, where people can discern your MO, is it?

If your employers preclude you from posting, perhaps they'd also prefer that you not send unsolicited e-mails to those who don't wish to receive them. Or perhaps they prefer that you do. The next time I get one, perhaps I'll take it up with them and discover for myself what their preferences are.

Gary Mack

I'd feel a little better about Bush's Rotary Club speech

if we had some witnesses, a copy of his speech or subject,

the arrangements for his appearance, the newspaper

coverage, etc. Surely SOMEONE in Tyler remembers him

being there...if he were there. Can anybody come up

with a clipping or a genuine witness? Seems like the

FBI alibi document is all we have.

Jack

Questions about Bush's possible CIA affiliation have been raised for more than fifteen years, so he's had ample opportunity to launch a suit against the "nuts" and "lunatics" you so deride for at least as long. Nothing forthcoming though, is there? Perhaps that's an issue he'd prefer to see go unplumbed, as would you, for some unstated reason.

Were it to emerge that Bush the Elder did work for CIA in 1963, it would demonstrate he perjured himself in the Senate when he claimed no prior affiliation with the Agency before being ratified to preside over it. Some of us think that's an issue worth nailing down, because people who work for CIA while running for public office are a threat to democracy. You don't seem to share that view, for some unstated reason. But then, in your worldview, asking questions for the sake of preserving democracy makes one a "Republican/CIA/Bush/Haliburton/America-hating lunatic." And you're clearly intent on letting the world know that you're not one of those, as though the world is anxiously awaiting the news.

You know, Brendan, for a Forum member who's yet to make any contribution other than dismissive drive-by smears against others here, it's clear that you know little about how to win friends and influence people, and less about the assassination.

Perhaps you should tend your own field and leave this one to those who actually give a damn what happened to the President in 1963. The former Presidents who are still alive can fend for themselves; by all means, let them sue whomever they choose. The dead one, however, has already been failed by his own government, and some of us feel that compounds the damage done to not just him, but to the system of government that in the 1960s was controlled by bullets rather than ballots. The system of government called democracy was usurped with a few bucks worth of lead.

That doesn't seem to bother you much. Fine. Then why are you here?