The Education Forum

Related Unsolved Homicides

My purpose for creating a list of related cold case unsolved homicides and their jurisdictions is to see if there is a young, independent minded and unpolitical assistant district attorney or prosecutor in any of those jurisdictions to re-review the evidence in any of the cases, and thus begining a new investigation cycle.

If that one investigator begins a Task Force, even of volunteers and establishes liason with assistant DAs in each of the other jurisdictions, they could share the evidence they have developed, and follow new leads in each other's jurisdictions - and at least begin trying to solve some of these cases.

BK

Related to this topic is the Emmett Till Bill, which passed the House but I don't believe has yet been voted on in the Senate.

Does anyone have more updated info on the Emmett Till Bill?

Thanks,

BK

• 3 months later...
RELATED UNSOLVED HOMICIDES – And their Jurisdictions. Human Hearts to chew.

[Note: This is not a list of mysterious deaths related to the assassination of JFK, which includes suposidely natural deaths, accidental deaths and suicides. This is a list of confirmed homicides that a subject to periodic cold case reviews by official investigative authorities.]

UNSUB : Unknown Subject/suspects

1) Henry Marshall – June 3, 1961– Franklin, Texas. Gassed with Carbon Monixide, shot seven times with rifle, originally ruled suicide.

2) John F. Kennedy – November 22, 1963 – Dallas, Texas. Shot in head by sniper(s).UNSUB#1 & UNSUB#2. (John B. Connally and James Tague also wounded by same assailants).

3) J.D. Tippit – November 22, 1963 – Dallas, Texas. Dallas policeman shot by pedestrian. UNSUB #3.

4) Lee Harvey Oswald – November 24, 1963 – Dallas, Texas. Suspect shot by JACK RUBY in police custody.

5) Karyn Kupcient – November 26, 1963 – Los Angeles, California. Strangled in apartment. UNSUB #4.

6) Jack Zangretti – Dec., 1963 – Lake Lugert, Texas. Chicago mobster shot by UNSUB #5.

7) Jim Koethe – Sept. 21, 1964 – Dallas, Tx.. Reporter assaulted in apartment by UNSUB #6. (Same MO as #4).

8) Mary Pinocot Meyer – October 12, 1964 – Georgetown Canal, Washington D.C. Assaulted by UNSUB #7.

9) Elidio Delvalle – February, 1967 – Miami, Florida. Murdered in automobile on streetcorner by UNSUB

10) Martin Luther King, Jr. – 1968 – Memphis, Tenn. Shot by sniper UNSUB

11) Robert F. Kennedy – June, 1968 – L. A., California. Shot by handgun UNSUB #10 with Sirhan B. Sirhan.

12) Salvadore Allende – September 11, 1972 – Santiago, Chile. Assassinated during military coup.

13) Charles Horman – September, 1972 – Santiago, Chile. Murdered by assassination squad of Augusta Pinochet.

14) Jose Dela Torriente – April 12, 1974 – Florida. Former Collins Radio Cuban, shot by sniper UNSUB #11

15) Dave Yaras – 1974 – Chicago. Mobster murdered gangland style. UNSUB #12

16) Charles Nicoletti – 1974 – Chicago. Murdered gangland style. UNSUB #13

17) Sam Giancana – 1975 – Chicago. Murdered gangland style. UNSUB #14

18) John Roselli – July, 1976 – Florida. Shot on boat, chopped and deep sixed in oil can. UNSUB #15

19) Orlando Letelier/Ronnie Moffitt – September, 1976. Dupont Circle, Washington D.C. Double bombing victims.

20) Navy Lt. Pitzer. Bethesda, Maryland. Suspicious death, considered murder. UNSUB #16

“I met Murder on the way –

He had a mask like Castlereagh:

Very smooth he looked, yet grim;

Seven bloodhounds followed him.

All were fat; and well they might

Be in admirable plight,

For one by one, and two by two,

He tossed them human hearts to chew.”

- The Masque of Anarchy. From: “Studies In Murder” by Edmund Lester Pearson.

I like the poem. Bill, thank you for including Karyn Kupcinet. I wish to correct your typos here: Her name is spelled as in above line. She was murdered on November 28, 1963 (early Thanksgiving) and not discovered till late Nov. 30, 1963.

Kathy

• 11 months later...
RELATED UNSOLVED HOMICIDES – And their Jurisdictions. Human Hearts to chew.

[Note: This is not a list of mysterious deaths related to the assassination of JFK, which includes suposidely natural deaths, accidental deaths and suicides. This is a list of confirmed homicides that a subject to periodic cold case reviews by official investigative authorities.]

UNSUB : Unknown Subject/suspects

1) Henry Marshall – June 3, 1961– Franklin, Texas. Gassed with Carbon Monixide, shot seven times with rifle, originally ruled suicide.

2) John F. Kennedy – November 22, 1963 – Dallas, Texas. Shot in head by sniper(s).UNSUB#1 & UNSUB#2. (John B. Connally and James Tague also wounded by same assailants).

3) J.D. Tippit – November 22, 1963 – Dallas, Texas. Dallas policeman shot by pedestrian. UNSUB #3.

4) Lee Harvey Oswald – November 24, 1963 – Dallas, Texas. Suspect shot by JACK RUBY in police custody.

5) Karyn Kupcient – November 26, 1963 – Los Angeles, California. Strangled in apartment. UNSUB #4.

6) Jack Zangretti – Dec., 1963 – Lake Lugert, Texas. Chicago mobster shot by UNSUB #5.

7) Jim Koethe – Sept. 21, 1964 – Dallas, Tx.. Reporter assaulted in apartment by UNSUB #6. (Same MO as #4).

8) Mary Pinocot Meyer – October 12, 1964 – Georgetown Canal, Washington D.C. Assaulted by UNSUB #7.

9) Elidio Delvalle – February, 1967 – Miami, Florida. Murdered in automobile on streetcorner by UNSUB

10) Martin Luther King, Jr. – 1968 – Memphis, Tenn. Shot by sniper UNSUB

11) Robert F. Kennedy – June, 1968 – L. A., California. Shot by handgun UNSUB #10 with Sirhan B. Sirhan.

12) Salvadore Allende – September 11, 1972 – Santiago, Chile. Assassinated during military coup.

13) Charles Horman – September, 1972 – Santiago, Chile. Murdered by assassination squad of Augusta Pinochet.

14) Jose Dela Torriente – April 12, 1974 – Florida. Former Collins Radio Cuban, shot by sniper UNSUB #11

15) Dave Yaras – 1974 – Chicago. Mobster murdered gangland style. UNSUB #12

16) Charles Nicoletti – 1974 – Chicago. Murdered gangland style. UNSUB #13

17) Sam Giancana – 1975 – Chicago. Murdered gangland style. UNSUB #14

18) John Roselli – July, 1976 – Florida. Shot on boat, chopped and deep sixed in oil can. UNSUB #15

19) Orlando Letelier/Ronnie Moffitt – September, 1976. Dupont Circle, Washington D.C. Double bombing victims.

20) Navy Lt. Pitzer. Bethesda, Maryland. Suspicious death, considered murder. UNSUB #16

“I met Murder on the way –

He had a mask like Castlereagh:

Very smooth he looked, yet grim;

Seven bloodhounds followed him.

All were fat; and well they might

Be in admirable plight,

For one by one, and two by two,

He tossed them human hearts to chew.”

- The Masque of Anarchy. From: “Studies In Murder” by Edmund Lester Pearson.

I like the poem. Bill, thank you for including Karyn Kupcinet. I wish to correct your typos here: Her name is spelled as in above line. She was murdered on November 28, 1963 (early Thanksgiving) and not discovered till late Nov. 30, 1963.

Kathy

Rather than dig up one of the old threads on the Liggett embalmer story mentioned in The Men Who Killed Kennedy, I decided to post this link it is a Liggett genealogy website, that addresses the claims and counterclaims that were a large part of this story.....Pretty Interesting I thought

http://virginialiggettsfamilyhistory.blogs...field-july.html

Bill, on the surface I can't imagine #4, LHO, as being the victim in an unsolved homicide. His murder was eyewitnessed by millions on TV, and the shooter was apprehended immediately after the act. While we may never know Ruby's true motive in the murder, the case would be considered "solved" by any Perry Mason standard of guilt or innocence. Could you possibly clarify your reasoning on labeling this one "unsolved?"
Hey Mark, I see your point, though a jury failed to convict him. If elimantation is the motive to kill LHO, as it was with JFK, then there's most certainly to it, and more guilty parties than just the triggerman. Of those on the list, it isn't one that has much chance of seeing court proceedings again.
Jack Ruby was convicted. The conviction was set aside, but it was made.

It strikes me that what Bill is saying is that, if there is any possibility of someone being behind a murder, then we shouldn't convict the actual murderer until and unless they are willing to implicate someone else if we suspect someone else is involved.

If we don't know who that "someone" is, then because we suspect that there is a "someone," all available resources should be assigned to determine who might be involved and build up cases against as many of them as possible, but to never let any of them off the hook.

If the actual murderer denies anyone else being involved - as Ruby did - and provides his own motive for a murder - as Ruby did - if we think someone else is involved, then we should decline to prosecute the actual murder just in case - as we suspect - he is lying.

That crap about a "right to a speedy trial" and all those other Constitutional "protections" clearly don't apply when we "know" there's more than meets the eye.

Shades of Guantanamo, works for me! We don't need that pesky document anyway, or the legal system that goes with it. I mean, seriously: whoever thought of that anyway? We oughta string that S.O.B. up ... provided everyone agrees, of course, that nobody else was behind it.

Edited by Duke Lane

Duke wrote: That crap about a "right to a speedy trial" and all those other Constitutional "protections" clearly don't apply when we "know" there's more than meets the eye.

Shades of Guantanamo, works for me! We don't need that pesky document anyway, or the legal system that goes with it. I mean, seriously: whoever thought of that anyway? We oughta string that S.O.B. up ... provided everyone agrees, of course, that nobody else was behind it.

If the assassination were to happen today, they would waterboard Ruth Paine.

If the assassination were to happen today, they would waterboard Ruth Paine.
A cooperative witness? You think? Amos Euins, Arnold Rowland, James Tague, Roger Craig ... sure, I'll buy that. But Ruth Paine?!? I can't imagine.

In your list, you forgot to include Eddie Benavides, a true "cold case."

• 4 weeks later...

The Emmett Till Bill, which finally passed Congress and was signed by the President, should finance and direct the formation of a multi-agency Justice Department Task Force dedicated to the investigation and prosecution of civil rights homicides of the 60s and 70s.

This Task Force is a great precident that could be duplicated in the investigation and prosecution of related, unsolved organized crime homicides of the same period, including the murders of John Rosselli, Sam Giancana and others on this list.

The new Attorney General, a black lawyer, will be much more sympathetic to these ideas than any of the previous administrations.

BK