The Education Forum

The Death of Jack Ruby

John Simkin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, I found my copy of Ruy's autopsy report, in case any one has a specific questions.

Bill

Bill, appreciate the offer.

Was there any thickening of lung tissue noted?

Were granulomas present in the lungs?

How was the liver described?

Greg; The Liver weight is 1800 grams,. The surface of the diaphram associated with the liver is free of metastasis.

There are a number of tumor nodules in the liver, in the left lobe measuring 8mm, in the right lobe the size varies from 4mm up to 1.4cm. in greatest diameter. More pronounced over the surface of the liver. The capsule is smooth aside from the nodules as noted.

The number of metastases is limited, 14 are counted. The cut surface of the liver is predominantly uninvolved by the tumor. Modest congestion. Underside is unremarkable.

Lungs; The lungs together weigh 1700 grams. The pleural suface on the left is quite smooth although in the interlobar fissure

there are some nodular projections. The visceral pleura is intact thruoghout. The surface does not appear to be involved by tumor althuogh tumor nodules are palpable and they are numeruos throughout the parenchyma . There is tumor involvement peribronchially more marked on the right side and there is a projecting tumor mass in the right mainstem bronchus from the middle

lobe bronchus and sclerosis of the surrounding tissue with lymph node tumor involvement grossly. There is also anthracosis of the lymph nodes. The sections of the lungs show marked nodular tumor involvement pripherally. Nodules size are 2-4mm, are distinct, firm, flat and slightly raised.

No caseation. In the right lower lobe there is one area that is confluent of approx.2cm. The peribronchial lymph nodes along the right side are extensively involved. There is little aeration of the left lung, the right shows minimal aeration with some focal areas of atelectasis. The lung tissue of the left lung between the tumor is pink to grey and exudes some fluid when compressed. There is distenton of both pulmonary arteries with non- adherent ante mortem emboli. These measure up to 1.5cm. in diameter several show branching, these are twisted and firmly impacted. Ther are emboli in the smaller artereis bilaterally. No pulomary infarcts.

Ya got that!

FWIW, I found my copy of Ruy's autopsy report, in case any one has a specific questions.

Bill

Greg; The Liver weight is 1800 grams,. The surface of the diaphram associated with the liver is free of metastasis.

There are a number of tumor nodules in the liver, in the left lobe measuring 8mm, in the right lobe the size varies from 4mm up to 1.4cm. in greatest diameter. More pronounced over the surface of the liver. The capsule is smooth aside from the nodules as noted.

The number of metastases is limited, 14 are counted. The cut surface of the liver is predominantly uninvolved by the tumor. Modest congestion. Underside is unremarkable.

Lungs; The lungs together weigh 1700 grams. The pleural suface on the left is quite smooth although in the interlobar fissure

there are some nodular projections. The visceral pleura is intact thruoghout. The surface does not appear to be involved by tumor althuogh tumor nodules are palpable and they are numeruos throughout the parenchyma . There is tumor involvement peribronchially more marked on the right side and there is a projecting tumor mass in the right mainstem bronchus from the middle

lobe bronchus and sclerosis of the surrounding tissue with lymph node tumor involvement grossly. There is also anthracosis of the lymph nodes. The sections of the lungs show marked nodular tumor involvement pripherally. Nodules size are 2-4mm, are distinct, firm, flat and slightly raised.

No caseation. In the right lower lobe there is one area that is confluent of approx.2cm. The peribronchial lymph nodes along the right side are extensively involved. There is little aeration of the left lung, the right shows minimal aeration with some focal areas of atelectasis. The lung tissue of the left lung between the tumor is pink to grey and exudes some fluid when compressed. There is distenton of both pulmonary arteries with non- adherent ante mortem emboli. These measure up to 1.5cm. in diameter several show branching, these are twisted and firmly impacted. Ther are emboli in the smaller artereis bilaterally. No pulomary infarcts.

Ya got that!

Yes Thanks, Bill :D

I also have summaries of autopsies done on beryllium poisoning victims for comaparison.

Bill

Ya got that!

Yes Thanks, Bill :D

I also have summaries of autopsies done on beryllium poisoning victims for comaparison.

Greg ; On further reading I note that Rose states there are nodules of metastatic tumors within the thalamus (of the brain)

with slightly projecting opaque greyish -white granules, measuringup to 1 mm. in greatist dimension. Don't know if that's relevant to your question re lungs.

A snippet I came across while looking for a David Campbell

1 NAME Tynus William /McNEEL, SR. M.D./

1 SEX M

1 BIRT

2 DATE 20 JAN 1934

2 PLAC Hearne, Robertson Co, TX

1 OCCU Psychiatrist, Partner Tyler Psychiatry Clinic

1 RELI Methodist

1 RESI 1705 Pinetree Circle, Tyler, Texas 75703

1 NOTE Tynus received his Bachelor of Arts in Zoology from the University of Texas at Austin in 1956. He received his Medical Degree in 1960 from the Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas. Tynus practices Psychiatry in Tyler, Texas.

1 NOTE He is a member of the American Psychiatry Association, Texas Medical Association, Central Neuropsychiatric Association and was Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.

1 NOTE The following article appeared in a newspaper after the assaination of President John Kennedy:

1 NOTE MED BRANCH RESIDENT NAMED AID FOR RUBY EXAMINATION

1 NOTE Dr. Tynus W. McNeel of the University of Texas Medical Branch has been named by Dr. Martin L. Towler, professor of neurology and psychiatry at the medical branch to assist in the examination of Jack Ruby of Dallas. Ruby is accused of

2 CONT killing Lee Harvey Oswald, accused assasin of President John F. Kennedy, and is now in jail at Dallas. Dist. Judge Joe E. Brown, has appointed Towler and two Dallas physicians to make an examination of Ruby. McNeel, 30, is completing his

2 CONT senior residency training at the Titus Harris Clinic of the medical branch complex and works exclusively with the Harris Clinic staff.

1 NOTE He graduated with an M.D. degree in 1960 at the University of Texas Medical Branch, and began his residency here in 1961. Dr. McNeel was born in Hearne, Tex. His father, a former employee of the Southern Pacific Railroad is deceased.

2 CONT His mother, Mrs. L. McNeel is a counselor in the Downey School District, Downey, Calif. and a former school teacher.

1 NOTE The medical branch resident is commander of Co. B, 111th Medical Battalion of the Texas Army National Guard at Fort Crockett, with the rank of captain. Asked Thursday night, during an annual general inspection of Co. B. by Lt. Col.

2 CONT Chester R. Metzke of the Fourth Army, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, about being appointed to aid Dr. Towler in the examination of Ruby, Capt. McNeel said: "I think it was an honor for Dr. Towler to have been requested to make the examination,

2 CONT and I am certainly pleased and consider it an honor that he has asked me to assist."

1 NOTE It was reported Thursday in Dallas that three Dallas hospitals have refused to accept Ruby for mental and physical examinations and that there is a possibility of the tests being performed in Galveston. Late Thursday, Dr. John B.

2 CONT Truslow, executive dean and director of the medical branch said his earlier comments were still applicable. He told the Galveston Tribune the question of whether Ruby would be admitted at John Sealy Hospital "has not come up" and that a

2 CONT decision would be made "when and if the question comes up."

1 NOTE

1 NOTE Tynus has the following children: daughter, Lesley, who has sons, Sealy Hambright and Brenton Arnold; son, Tynus, Jr., who has son, Tynus (Trey) III, and daughters, Brittany and Taylor; and sons, Jeff and Lance McNeel.

1 FAMS @F81@

1 CHAN

From the everpopular FWIW Department:

The following is from:

http://www.dallashistory.org/cgi-bin/webbb...ames;read=15838

"The autopsy confirmed it. Ruby had fifteen brain tumors," Joe Tonahill told me. Tonahill, a huge, deliberate, friendly man, maintains the Ruby trial "was the unfairest trial in the history of Texas." Judge Joe Brown, exhibiting a classic downtown Dallas mentality, appointed Dallas advertising executive Sam Bloom to handle "public relations" and overruled the defense on almost every motion. Ruby himself considered hiring a public relations man -- or that's what he wrote in a letter to his intellectual hero, Gordon McLendon.

"Jack Ruby needed help long before Kennedy came to Dallas," Tonahill said. He was seated at the desk of his law office in Jasper, in front of a four-by-eight-foot blowup of Bob Jackson's Pulitzer-Prize winning photograph of the Oswald murder. "He was a big baby at birth -- almost fifteen pounds. That could have had something to do with it. His mother died in an insane asylum in Chicago. His father was a drunk and was treated for psychiatric disorders. A brother and a sister had psychiatric treatment. Ruby tried to commit suicide a couple of years earlier. His finger was once bitten off in a fight. He had a long history of violent, antisocial behavior, and when it was over he wouldn't remember what he had done. What provoked him? Maybe the flashbulbs -- that's a common cause in cases of psychomotor epilepsy -- or the TV cameras, or the smirk on Oswald's face."

I asked Tonahill what he thought of Ruby as a person.

"He was a real object of pity," Tonahill said. "Anytime you see a person overflowing with ambition to be someone, that person is admitting to you and the world that he's a nobody. Ruby was like a Damon Runyon character -- a total inconsistency."

If Jack Ruby was not crazy when he gunned down Oswald, it's a safe bet the trial drove him that way. Day after day in the circus atmosphere of Judge Brown's courtroom, Ruby was forced to sit as a silent exhibit while psychiatrists called him a latent homosexual with a compulsive desire to be liked and respected, and his own attorneys described him as a village clown. He didn't even get to tell his own story, and by the time the Warren Commission found time to interview him months later, Ruby was convinced that there was a conspiracy to slaughter all the Jews of the world.

"In the beginning," Tonahill told me, "Ruby considered himself a hero. He thought he had done a great service for the community. When the mayor, Earle Cabell, testified that the act brought great disgrace to Dallas, Jack started going downhill very fast. He got more nervous by the day. When they brought in the death penalty, he cracked. Ten days later he rammed his head into a cell wall. Then he tried to kill himself with an electric light socket. Then he tried to hang himself with sheets."

Ruby wrote a letter to Gordon McLendon claiming he was being poisoned by his jailers. Many Warren Report critics take this as additional evidence of a conspiracy. If someone did poison Ruby, it was a waste of good poison. An autopsy confirmed the brain tumors, massive spread of cancer, and a blood clot in his leg, which finally killed him.

Ironically, what the brain tumors indicate is the very possibility of poioning.

Robert, do you have more information on the letter? Did McLendon ever confirm receiving it? If he did, did he also confirm the content? "being poisoned" is what jumps out at me, given Maddox claimed Ruby had told him it was cancer cell injections. The timing of the letter could also be very important.

Bill

Ya got that!

Yes Thanks, Bill B)

Greg ; On further reading I note that Rose states there are nodules of metastatic tumors within the thalamus (of the brain)

with slightly projecting opaque greyish -white granules, measuringup to 1 mm. in greatist dimension. Don't know if that's relevant to your question re lungs.

Bill, yeah... metastic tumors are secondary ones... proof that the cancer started elsewhere and spread.

The autopsy summaries I have aren't as useful as I'd hoped due to the fact that none of the cases of beryllium poisoning looked at actually developed lung cancer.

However...the mention in Ruby's autopsy of the presence of anthracosis could be telling. Anthracosis is caused by coal dust, heavy air pollution or smoking. I have found nothing that indicates so-called "passive" smoking is a risk. However, one of the added bonuses you get from smoking is... beryllium. So... if smoking (and thus inhaling beryllium, among other carcinogens) causes anthracosis, but Ruby didn't smoke... maybe beryllium particulates from other sources were the cause... in the absence of any other possibilities.

There is also the fact that beryllium poisoning esembles pneumonia - which was the original diagnosis with Ruby. Serious question: How often is lung cancer misdiagnosed as pneumonia?

Bill

Ya got that!

Yes Thanks, Bill :up

Bill, yeah... metastic tumors are secondary ones... proof that the cancer started elsewhere and spread.

The autopsy summaries I have aren't as useful as I'd hoped due to the fact that none of the cases of beryllium poisoning looked at actually developed lung cancer.

However...the mention in Ruby's autopsy of the presence of anthracosis could be telling. Anthracosis is caused by coal dust, heavy air pollution or smoking. I have found nothing that indicates so-called "passive" smoking is a risk. However, one of the added bonuses you get from smoking is... beryllium. So... if smoking (and thus inhaling beryllium, among other carcinogens) causes anthracosis, but Ruby didn't smoke... maybe beryllium particulates from other sources were the cause... in the absence of any other possibilities.

There is also the fact that beryllium poisoning esembles pneumonia - which was the original diagnosis with Ruby. Serious question: How often is lung cancer misdiagnosed as pneumonia?

Greg; I think the American Cancer Society would argue that "passive" or second hand smoke inhalation, indeed does cause, or at least puts you at risk for lung cancer, Ruby was definately exposed to that in a nightclub. Ruby was riddled with metastatic tumors, including lymph system invasion, which makes it harder to determine point of origin. Rose does not state exactly where site of origin occured. He just states immediate cause of death as- Pulmonary emboli, secondary to bronchiolar carcinoma of the lungs.

Whats your opinion?

Greg; I think the American Cancer Society would argue that "passive" or second hand smoke inhalation, indeed does cause, or at least puts you at risk for lung cancer, Ruby was definately exposed to that in a nightclub. Ruby was riddled with metastatic tumors, including lymph system invasion, which makes it harder to determine point of origin. Rose does not state exactly where site of origin occured. He just states immediate cause of death as- Pulmonary emboli, secondary to bronchiolar carcinoma of the lungs.

Whats your opinion?

WO

Bill, little doubt that "passive" smoking is a risk factor in lung cancer - just not small cell carcenoma - which is the type Ruby had (ie the type that spreads). Anthracosis is not cancer, and I have found nothing suggesting "passive" smoking can cause it. In fact, what the literature does say is that it only ever leads to lung cancer when the person is a long-term smoker.

That Rose does not state point of origin is interesting. I thought it had been determined by Parkland doctors before death (they were investigating point of origin, acording to newspaper accounts. Might be misremembering that they succeeded). Doesn't matter much to my theory. The beryllium usually stores itself in bone and from there, once released, may end up causing tumors in any organ.

Whats your opinion?

WO

Bill, little doubt that "passive" smoking is a risk factor in lung cancer - just not small cell carcenoma - which is the type Ruby had (ie the type that spreads). Anthracosis is not cancer, and I have found nothing suggesting "passive" smoking can cause it. In fact, what the literature does say is that it only ever leads to lung cancer when the person is a long-term smoker.

That Rose does not state point of origin is interesting. I thought it had been determined by Parkland doctors before death (they were investigating point of origin, acording to newspaper accounts. Might be misremembering that they succeeded). Doesn't matter much to my theory. The beryllium usually stores itself in bone and from there, once released, may end up causing tumors in any organ.

Doh! I gotta stop posting first thing in the morning before coffee. Although not stated explicitly, Rose does in fact indicate it started in the lungs by describing all other tumors as metastatic (secondary).

I'd also like to reiterate the importance of the anthracosis. Unless someone can show "passive" smoking is a risk factor for this, it's presence is - according to the lierature - limited in cause to coal dust or heavy polution. We really need someone with experience in forensic medicine to look at the autopsy report alongside Ruby's known lifestyle and health history.

" Ruby's known lifestyle and health history."

something to consider re coal

http://www.quicknation.com/Jack_Ruby.htm

Jack Ruby was born in Chicago, Illinois, in 1911, in the heavily Jewish 24th Ward on Chicago's West Side.

( http://www.alookatcook.com/1920/1920_ward_map.htm )

Conflicting birth dates for Jacob Rubenstein, from March to June of 1911, were quoted by various sources and given by Ruby at various times. The fifth of his parents' eight living children, he had a troubled childhood and adolescence, marked by juvenile delinquency and time spent in foster homes.

Young Ruby sold horse-racing tip sheets and various other novelties,

then acted as business agent for a local refuse collectors union

that later became part of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Ruby briefly came to public attention in December 1939 when he was implicated in the fatal shooting of the union's president, attorney Leon Cooke, but was cleared of any wrongdoing. In memory of Cooke, Ruby later adopted "Leon" as his middle name.

During the 1930s, he frequented race tracks in Illinois and California. Ruby was drafted in 1943 and served in the Army Air Forces during World War II, working as an aircraft mechanic at bases in the US until 1946. Upon discharge, Ruby returned to Chicago.

In 1947, Ruby moved to Dallas

http://www.illinoiscentral.net/chgocentsta/com1950.jpg

Chicago air sometime in the fifties

"Like most large cities, Chicago has a history of poor air quality. As it industrialized, Chicago relied on the dirty soft coal of southern Illinois for power and heat. Burned in boiler rooms, locomotives, steel mills, and domestic furnaces, the ubiquitous coal created an equally ubiquitous smoke. Soot soiled everything in the city, ruining furniture, merchandise, and even building facades. Chicago legislated against dense smoke in 1881, but residents and visitors continued to complain about choking clouds and filthy soot. In addition to smoke, the numerous industries surrounding the slaughterhouses produced foul odors and dangerous chemical emissions, further diminishing air quality. Undoubtedly the poor air increased the severity of several pulmonary diseases, including asthma and pneumonia. Perhaps second only to Pittsburgh in smoke pollution at the opening of the twentieth century, Chicago gained a national reputation for its terrible air, but it also became a leader in regulation. In the early 1900s, a movement to force railroad electrification focused on the Illinois Central's waterfront line and kept the smoke issue in the news.

Still, air quality did not significantly improve until coal use began to decline after World War II.

In 1959 the city created the Department of Air Pollution Control. The new department investigated all types of emissions and suggested regulations for several previously ignored sources of pollution, including burning refuse and leaves. Public concern for air quality heightened after a 1962 disaster killed hundreds of London residents, and by 1964 Chicago received more than six thousand citizen air pollution complaints per year. As with the early movement to control smoke, the new activism focused on the potential negative health effects of impure air. Not surprisingly, the Loop, the Calumet Region, and northern Lake County, Indiana, were the most polluted districts in the metropolitan area."

Robert, do you have more information on the letter? Did McLendon ever confirm receiving it? If he did, did he also confirm the content? "being poisoned" is what jumps out at me, given Maddox claimed Ruby had told him it was cancer cell injections. The timing of the letter could also be very important.

Given how gingerly the WC attempted to remove McLendon from all consideration, I'm afraid I can't give you any additional information. I note from a recent trawl through NARA holdings and the DPD inventory at the Dallas archives that McLendon gets zero attention from DPD, the briefest mention in a pair of FBI files, and almost all other docs are CIA, which vetted him for some type of operational use in 1952.

Perhaps the Ruby letter is one of the issues that HSCA quizzed McLendon about in '78. I don't recall his testimony being part of the published volumes, but NARA indicates all 63 pages of his deposition are open for viewing. I just tried to access the Mary Ferrell holdings, but they seem to be offline at the moment, so I'll try back in coming days to see if we can narrow this down a bit.

What I can tell you is that Jack Ruby sent McLendon a registered mail item around Christmas of '62, the receipt for which was found by DPD among Ruby's effects after his arrest. Given that prior incident, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Ruby also wrote to Gordon after Ruby was incarcerated. After all, Ruby provided the authorities with a list of his closest friends in Dallas, and Gordon's name was upon it, though somebody tried to delete a few names [McLendon's included] from that list prior to it being published by the WC.

At the time of the assassination, McLendon was seeking to usurp Ralph Yarborough as the Democratic party nominee for the US Senate race, where he would have squared off against Republican nominee George H. W. Bush, had he been successful. Oddly enough, in later years when the HSCA sought information from CIA on its relations with McLendon, some of the requests for data were handled by one Donald Gregg, right hand man to by-then former-DCI George Bush.

For me, Gordon McLendon has long been a "person of interest," but when I've approached those who knew him - including an ex-wife - the subsequent silence was deafening.

Whats your opinion?

WO

Doh! I gotta stop posting first thing in the morning before coffee. Although not stated explicitly, Rose does in fact indicate it started in the lungs by describing all other tumors as metastatic (secondary).

I'd also like to reiterate the importance of the anthracosis. Unless someone can show "passive" smoking is a risk factor for this, it's presence is - according to the lierature - limited in cause to coal dust or heavy polution. We really need someone with experience in forensic medicine to look at the autopsy report alongside Ruby's known lifestyle and health history.

Maybe we should be looking at the symptoms of Black Lung Disease?

Whats your opinion?

WO

I'd also like to reiterate the importance of the anthracosis. Unless someone can show "passive" smoking is a risk factor for this, it's presence is - according to the literature - limited in cause to coal dust or heavy polution. We really need someone with experience in forensic medicine to look at the autopsy report alongside Ruby's known lifestyle and health history.

It was great work by John D in finding and pointing out the heavy reliance Chicago had on coal during Ruby's early years in that city. It does explains the presence of anthracosis in Ruby lymph nodes.

See: http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/lymphnodes.html

Anthracosis in lymph nodes

Common in intrapulmonary lymph nodes

Due to coal dust, smoke or pollution

But here's the however... however...

http://www.microscopyu.com/galleries/patho...cosislarge.html

"anthracosis is the term typically utilized to describe black lung disease before it has progressed to such an extent that symptoms of the disease are palpable. The condition typically develops gradually over the course of many years and is characterized by black spotting or marbling of the lungs. The dark pigmentation associated with anthracosis primarily is caused by excessive exposure to carbonaceous material, which may stem from soot, diesel exhaust, coal, or other sources of carbon-containing dusts. Pollution and smoking are also known to contribute to anthracosis, and the condition is present to some extent in many residents of urban areas. Historically, however, anthracosis and its more severe manifestation, black lung disease, are best known as occupational illnesses that occur most commonly in coal miners."

Based on the above, I think the anthracosis Ruby had was asymptomatic and had not progressed to black lung disease due to his removing himself from the irritant which probably caused it. Lateral to that, I don't think it was a factor in the development of his lung cancer, but I'd welcome any opinion/knowledge which might counter that. Till then, as far as I'm concerned, the hunt for the "trigger" continues, as does my belief that beryllium belongs at the top of the list possibilities.

Beryllium actually gets a mention in a book called "The Elements of Murder: A History of Poison" by John Emsley.

According to Emsley "...although the lungs are particularly sensitive, it is not because beryllium accumulates there. If beryllium dust is breathed in it is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream and carries to other sites in the body, generally to the bone, where it concentrates... there are no cases on record of people being deliberately poisoned with beryllium compounds..." All of which may just indicate how wise the CIA was in identifying it as a potential assassination "tool" back in the '50s.

Whats your opinion?

WO

I'd also like to reiterate the importance of the anthracosis. Unless someone can show "passive" smoking is a risk factor for this, it's presence is - according to the literature - limited in cause to coal dust or heavy polution. We really need someone with experience in forensic medicine to look at the autopsy report alongside Ruby's known lifestyle and health history.

It was great work by John D in finding and pointing out the heavy reliance Chicago had on coal during Ruby's early years in that city. It does explains the presence of anthracosis in Ruby lymph nodes.

See: http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/lymphnodes.html

Anthracosis in lymph nodes

Common in intrapulmonary lymph nodes

Due to coal dust, smoke or pollution

But here's the however... however...

http://www.microscopyu.com/galleries/patho...cosislarge.html

"anthracosis is the term typically utilized to describe black lung disease before it has progressed to such an extent that symptoms of the disease are palpable. The condition typically develops gradually over the course of many years and is characterized by black spotting or marbling of the lungs. The dark pigmentation associated with anthracosis primarily is caused by excessive exposure to carbonaceous material, which may stem from soot, diesel exhaust, coal, or other sources of carbon-containing dusts. Pollution and smoking are also known to contribute to anthracosis, and the condition is present to some extent in many residents of urban areas. Historically, however, anthracosis and its more severe manifestation, black lung disease, are best known as occupational illnesses that occur most commonly in coal miners."

Based on the above, I think the anthracosis Ruby had was asymptomatic and had not progressed to black lung disease due to his removing himself from the irritant which probably caused it. Lateral to that, I don't think it was a factor in the development of his lung cancer, but I'd welcome any opinion/knowledge which might counter that. Till then, as far as I'm concerned, the hunt for the "trigger" continues, as does my belief that beryllium belongs at the top of the list possibilities.

Beryllium actually gets a mention in a book called "The Elements of Murder: A History of Poison" by John Emsley.

According to Emsley "...although the lungs are particularly sensitive, it is not because beryllium accumulates there. If beryllium dust is breathed in it is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream and carries to other sites in the body, generally to the bone, where it concentrates... there are no cases on record of people being deliberately poisoned with beryllium compounds..." All of which may just indicate how wise the CIA was in identifying it as a potential assassination "tool" back in the '50s.

Has anyone read the 12/23/63 FBI Report of Manning/Clements re Jack Ruby? It is 16 pages long, and is basically the JFK Assassination Gospel According to Jack Ruby, read [activities of Jack Ruby from the time of the car ride he provided for Connie Trammel up to the moment he shot Oswald] in the company of Melvin Belli, Sam Brody, William Choulos and Joe Tonahill plus the aforementioned FBI Agents, can anyone find it on maryferrell.org? It needs to be made available for the Education Forum

Edited by Robert Howard