The Education Forum

Barry Seal

Namebase entry for Barry Seal:

http://www.namebase.org/main1/Barry-Seal.html

Assn. National Security Alumni. Unclassified 1992-03 (6)

Assn. National Security Alumni. Unclassified 1994-05 (17)

Bainerman,J. The Crimes of a President. 1992 (266, 269-71)

Brewton,P. The Mafia, CIA, and George Bush. 1992 (76, 154-60, 301)

Castillo,C. Harmon,D. Powderburns. 1994 (140-1)

Christic Institute. Sheehan Affidavit. 1988-03-25 (161-2)

Cockburn,L. Out of Control. 1987 (180-2, 222)

Covert Action Information Bulletin 1987-#27 (72)

Covert Action Information Bulletin 1987-#28 (16, 18)

Davis,S. Unbridled Power. 1998 (129-30)

Duzan,M.J. Death Beat. 1994 (46)

Ehrenfeld,R. Narco-terrorism. 1990 (46)

Evans-Pritchard,A. The Secret Life of Bill Clinton. 1997 (246, 294, 315-30, 335-7, 339-43, 346-8)

Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR). Extra! 1987-11 (11)

Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR). Extra! 1988-08 (14)

Hopsicker,D. Welcome to TerrorLand. 2004 (124, 243, 252-4, 314)

Houston Post 1990-02-08 (A5)

In These Times 1992-02-18 (8-9, 11)

Intelligence Newsletter (Paris) 1995-10-12 (7)

Intelligence/Parapolitics (Paris) 1986-04 (6)

Kwitny,J. The Crimes of Patriots. 1987 (379-80)

Levine,M. Deep Cover. 1990 (14)

Marshall,J... The Iran-Contra Connection. 1987 (138)

Millegan,K. Fleshing Out Skull & Bones. 2003 (160-72)

Morris,R. Partners in Power. 1996 (389-403, 405, 407-9, 427, 454)

Mother Jones 1987-04 (49-50)

National Security Archive. The Chronology. 1987 (288)

Naylor,R.T. Hot Money and the Politics of Debt. 1994 (400-1)

New Federalist 1994-04-25 (10-1)

New Federalist 1994-05-23 (12)

Parry,R. Fooling America. 1992 (199)

Parry,R. Lost History. 1997 (17)

Penthouse 1987-12 (168)

Penthouse 1989-07 (39-40, 64-5, 70-1, 74, 115, 132, 134)

Penthouse 1995-07 (35-6, 40, 46, 60, 67, 95, 158)

Reed,T. Cummings,J. Compromised. 1994

Scott,P.D. Deep Politics. 1993 (79)

Scott,P.D. Marshall,J. Cocaine Politics. 1991 (58, 81-2, 93-4, 98-102, 262)

Sklar,H. Washington's War on Nicaragua. 1988 (291-2, 295)

Spotlight Newspaper 1993-08-16 (12)

Stich,R. Defrauding America. 1994 (341)

Stich,R. Drugging America: A Trojan Horse. 1999 (6-7, 42-4, 63-6, 68-9, 73, 89, 92-3, 294)

Terrell,J. Disposable Patriot. 1992 (179, 187, 372)

Thomas,K. Popular Alienation: A Steamshovel Press Reader. 1995 (264-5)

Wall Street Journal. Whitewater: A Journal Briefing. 1994 (361, 363-4, 422-6)

Washington Post Book World 1989-05-21 (11)

Washington Post 1989-02-28 (D10)

Washington Post 1991-09-18 (A3)

Washington Times 1988-07-29 (A5)

Washington Times 1994-06-09 (A11)

Washington Times 1995-02-03 (A21)

Washington Times 1995-08-25 (A15)

Washington Times 1996-01-18 (A1, 11)

Washington Times 1996-11-09 (A2)

Webb,G. Dark Alliance. 1998 (xx, 115-8, 254-6, 454)

post-7-1148556721_thumb.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Seal, the son of a candy wholesaler, was born in Baton Rouge on 16th July, 1939. Seal's father was a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

Seal became obsessed with aircraft and took his first solo flight at the age of fifteen and was soon making a living towing advertising banners.

On 27th July, 1955 Seal joined the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) in Baton Rouge. Soon afterwards Seal took part in a CAP joint training mission with the New Orleans unit that was run by David Ferrie. According to John Odom, a fellow CAP member, Seal met Lee Harvey Oswald during this training session.

When the House Select Committee on Assassinations tried to find Oswald and Ferrie's records in Civil Air Patrol files they discovered that "most of the records of the squadron had been stolen in late 1960".

Edward Voebel, a fellow member, also confirmed that Oswald had met Ferrie at CAP. Later he denied it but it did not stop him dying of an aneurysm in 1971 at the age of 31.

To be continued...

Barry Seal, the son of a candy wholesaler, was born in Baton Rouge on 16th July, 1939. Seal's father was a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

Seal became obsessed with aircraft and took his first solo flight at the age of fifteen and was soon making a living towing advertising banners.

On 27th July, 1955 Seal joined the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) in Baton Rouge. Soon afterwards Seal took part in a CAP joint training mission with the New Orleans unit that was run by David Ferrie. According to John Odom, a fellow CAP member, Seal met Lee Harvey Oswald during this training session.

Thanks for the info John. I had not heard of John Odom before and it makes me think of a curious entry in Shaw's address book which I wonder if it is connected. The entry reads:

'Lee Odom, P.O. Box 19106, Dallas, Tex.'

I know at the time of the Garrison case that they thought this could possibly be another alias of LHO as in LHO's address book was written the same number . However I don't think it necessarily means anything as apparently the number in LHO's book was preceeded by some cyrillic characters. The other odd thing is that apparently at the time LHO was alive Dallas had not yet acquired a po box number that high ruling out that LHO used this box I would think.

Shaw's defense team convieniantly produced a man they said was Lee Odom who said he had contacted Shaw to discuss promoting bloodless bullfights, something sounding very odd to me as Shaw had never been involved in anything like that. This Lee Odom also said that the po box number was for a box in Irving and connected to a barbeque company he was involved with but the po box was not in his name. A very strange explanation and knowing the way Shaw and his defense team oeprated, one I'm not inclined to believe at all!

So I wondered if this John Odom could in any way be connected to it all? Seems the name Odom is a fairly unusual surname? Apart from the fact he was in the CAP so knew Ferrie and must have know LHO also.

Maybe 'Lee Odom' was an alias of his?

Do you or anyone else have any further info on this John Odom?

Btw what happened to the Barry Seal page? Did you take it down or did it mysteriously 'disappear'?

Do you or anyone else have any further info on this John Odom?

Btw what happened to the Barry Seal page? Did you take it down or did it mysteriously 'disappear'?

I will post more information on John Odom later.

I am currently updating my page on Barry Seal. It should be up and running by the weekend.

Tosh Plumlee claims that Barry Seal began working for the CIA in the 1950s: "Barry Seal was involved with military intelligence in the early days... Military intelligence was the real game, with the CIA just acting as logistical people. Barry was a peripheral player back then, but he was a CIA 'contract' pilot all the way back to 1956 or 1957."

In 1958 Seal began ferrying weapons to Fidel Castro fighting against the the Fulgencio Batista regime in Cuba. At the time a section of the CIA was supporting the overthrow of Batista. However, the policy changed soon after Castro gained power and Seal is said to have taken part in air attacks on the new government.

The following year he became a CIA pilot in Guatemala. It is also believed that Seal was involved in training Cuban exiles on No-Name Key in Florida and on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain in Louisiana.

I had not heard of John Odom before and it makes me think of a curious entry in Shaw's address book which I wonder if it is connected. The entry reads:

'Lee Odom, P.O. Box 19106, Dallas, Tex.'

I know at the time of the Garrison case that they thought this could possibly be another alias of LHO as in LHO's address book was written the same number . However I don't think it necessarily means anything as apparently the number in LHO's book was preceeded by some cyrillic characters. The other odd thing is that apparently at the time LHO was alive Dallas had not yet acquired a po box number that high ruling out that LHO used this box I would think.

There is a connection between Barry Seal and Clay Shaw. In the early 1960s Seal had a couple of companies: Seal Sky Service and Aerial Advertising Associates. The companies had an office in the International Trade Center run by Clay Shaw.

There is a connection between Barry Seal and Clay Shaw. In the early 1960s Seal had a couple of companies: Seal Sky Service and Aerial Advertising Associates. The companies had an office in the International Trade Center run by Clay Shaw.

Many thanks for the info John! I was not aware that Seal had offices in the Trade Mart. Very interesting! Where did you find this out?

Many thanks for the info John! I was not aware that Seal had offices in the Trade Mart. Very interesting! Where did you find this out?

Daniel Hopsicker's Barry and the Boys. It is the most important book you can get if you are interested in Barry Seal.

Gerry Hemming claims that Barry Seal was a member of Operation 40 in the early 1960s. Hemming told author, Daniel Hopsicker: "Yeah, Barry was Op 40. He flew in killer teams inside the island (Cuba) before the invasion to take out Fidel."

In December, 1962, Seal joined the 21st Special Forces Group and attended the Fort Benning Jump School. In May 1963 he was assigned to company D Special Operations Detachment of the 20th Special Forces Group Airborne. Seal also seems to have been involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. According to his wife, Debbie, "Barry Seal flew a getaway plane out of Dallas after JFK was killed."

In 1964 Seal joined the 245th Engineer Battalion based in St. Louis. He left in 1966. Soon afterwards he went to work for Howard Hughes and the TWA Corporation. According to his biographer, Daniel Hopsicker (Barry and the Boys), Seal "becomes first the youngest 707 Captain, and then later the youngest Captain of a 747."

Tosh Plumlee claims that Barry Seal also worked for Ted Shackley and the CIA: "Barry Seal did a lot of damn good stuff in the late 60s. In 67 and 68 he was with Air America in South Vietnam and Laos during Search and Destroy and Special Ops with Ted Shackley's boys. He'd been recruited for Special Ops because of the Cuban thing."

On 1st July, 1972, Barry Seal was arrested in New Orleans and accused of sending C4 explosives to anti-Castro Cubans in Mexico. A DC-4 was seized at the Shreveport Regional Airport loaded with almost seven tons of plastic C-4 explosives, 7,000 feet of explosive primer cord and 2,600 electric blasting caps. James Miller, Richmond Harper, Marlon Hagler and Murray Kessler were also arrested with Seal. Kessler's partner, Manny Gambino, was kidnapped around the same time the others were arrested. His corpse was later found in a New Jersey garbage dump.

The DC-4 was owned by James Boy, a known associate of the CIA. Boy's aircraft were later used to fly Oliver North's mercenaries in and out of Honduras. The man who organized the entrapment of Seal and his friends was Cesario Diosdado, an official with the United States Customs.

It took the authorities over two years to bring Barry Seal to trial. When the trial finally got underway in June, 1974, government prosecutors promptly introduced into evidence an automatic weapon that had nothing at all to do with the charges against the defendants. A mistrial was declared and Seal and his fellow defendants were released. According to Pete Brewton (The Mafia, CIA & George Bush), as soon as Seal was freed he "began working full-time for the CIA, travelling back and forth from the United States to Latin America."

Daniel Hopsicker believes the arrest of Seal and his comrades was linked to Watergate. Seal was arrested ten days after the arrest of the Watergate burglars. Had they been set-up to get hush money for the burglars. Is this why the government mucked up Seal's trial? Nixon resigned just six weeks after the explosives case was dismissed.

Cesario Diosdado is also an interesting character. He was a long-term CIA agent. According to Gaeton Fonzi, Diosdado visited Antonio Veciani on the day of JFK's assassination. Apparently he wanted to know if Veciani had been involved in the assassination.

Kessler's partner, Manny Gambino, was kidnapped around the same time the others were arrested. His corpse was later found in a New Jersey garbage dump.

Manny Gambino was Carlo Gambino's nephew. Manny was kidnapped during a time when Irish gangsters, led by James McBratney, were kidnapping Gambino mobsters and holding them for ransom. When Manny was kidnapped, they asked for $200K for his safe return. The Gambinos, thinking it was McBratney, balked.

Years later it was learned that Manny had orchestrated the kidnapping. He was heavily into gambling debt to a loanshark, Robert Sentner. When the loanshark and accomplices kidnapped Gambino, they all got into an argument and Gambino was shot in the head and killed.

Carlo Gambino went crazy and sent out the word that James McBratney, who he mistakenly thought did the deed, was a dead man.

On May 22, 1973, McBratney ws killed in a NYC bar by a then up and coming wiseguy by the name of John Gotti.

Daniel Hopsicker's Barry and the Boys. It is the most important book you can get if you are interested in Barry Seal.

Gerry Hemming claims that Barry Seal was a member of Operation 40 in the early 1960s. Hemming told author, Daniel Hopsicker: "Yeah, Barry was Op 40. He flew in killer teams inside the island (Cuba) before the invasion to take out Fidel."

In December, 1962, Seal joined the 21st Special Forces Group and attended the Fort Benning Jump School. In May 1963 he was assigned to company D Special Operations Detachment of the 20th Special Forces Group Airborne. Seal also seems to have been involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. According to his wife, Debbie, "Barry Seal flew a getaway plane out of Dallas after JFK was killed."

In 1964 Seal joined the 245th Engineer Battalion based in St. Louis. He left in 1966. Soon afterwards he went to work for Howard Hughes and the TWA Corporation. According to his biographer, Daniel Hopsicker (Barry and the Boys), Seal "becomes first the youngest 707 Captain, and then later the youngest Captain of a 747."

Tosh Plumlee claims that Barry Seal also worked for Ted Shackley and the CIA: "Barry Seal did a lot of damn good stuff in the late 60s. In 67 and 68 he was with Air America in South Vietnam and Laos during Search and Destroy and Special Ops with Ted Shackley's boys. He'd been recruited for Special Ops because of the Cuban thing."

On 1st July, 1972, Barry Seal was arrested in New Orleans and accused of sending C4 explosives to anti-Castro Cubans in Mexico. A DC-4 was seized at the Shreveport Regional Airport loaded with almost seven tons of plastic C-4 explosives, 7,000 feet of explosive primer cord and 2,600 electric blasting caps. James Miller, Richmond Harper, Marlon Hagler and Murray Kessler were also arrested with Seal. Kessler's partner, Manny Gambino, was kidnapped around the same time the others were arrested. His corpse was later found in a New Jersey garbage dump.

The DC-4 was owned by James Boy, a known associate of the CIA. Boy's aircraft were later used to fly Oliver North's mercenaries in and out of Honduras. The man who organized the entrapment of Seal and his friends was Cesario Diosdado, an official with the United States Customs.

It took the authorities over two years to bring Barry Seal to trial. When the trial finally got underway in June, 1974, government prosecutors promptly introduced into evidence an automatic weapon that had nothing at all to do with the charges against the defendants. A mistrial was declared and Seal and his fellow defendants were released. According to Pete Brewton (The Mafia, CIA & George Bush), as soon as Seal was freed he "began working full-time for the CIA, travelling back and forth from the United States to Latin America."

Daniel Hopsicker believes the arrest of Seal and his comrades was linked to Watergate. Seal was arrested ten days after the arrest of the Watergate burglars. Had they been set-up to get hush money for the burglars. Is this why the government mucked up Seal's trial? Nixon resigned just six weeks after the explosives case was dismissed.

Cesario Diosdado is also an interesting character. He was a long-term CIA agent. According to Gaeton Fonzi, Diosdado visited Antonio Veciani on the day of JFK's assassination. Apparently he wanted to know if Veciani had been involved in the assassination.

Many thanks for the info John. I am very interested in Diosdado too and his links to LHO. There is a significant amount on him in Joan Mellen's book .I beleive she refers to some documents only released in 2004.

I looked up the book you mentioned on amazon but unfortunately seems to be out of print and the used copies were going for about £51!

Interesting article by Joel Skousen that refers to the Barry Seal case.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/Analysis/230...id=230&nid=5055

THE “GOOD OLD’ BOYS” NETWORK

Friday, May 26, 2006

Introductory Comments on Conspiracy From STRATEGIC RELOCATION

(Government Threat Section)

This is an amplification of the workings of Group Four--the corrupt law enforcement boys that do the dirty work for the controllers. They constitute what are referred to as the “black” sectors of our own government, and are linked to a larger sector of the organized criminal world. This is one reason why the FBI maintains so many underworld contacts. It’s not just for utilitarian purposes of tracking the underworld. They assist each other in numerous covert activities.

Each of the Federal Services (FBI, CIA, ATF, INS, Secret Service, etc.) have many good and patriotic people working for them. The good guys are the regular, naive, “want to serve my country” types who are assigned the legitimate tasks of government enforcement. Virtually every agency head knows about the black side of his organization. No one is allowed to run these agencies unless he can be trusted to execute the special orders that come down via discrete private channels. Upper level managers who are part of the conspiracy are always watching and judging both the above ground side and the covert “black” side to see who can be trusted to do corrupt work or who has to be removed.

They look for signs of unprincipled behavior in those they invite to do the “dirty tricks” stuff. These guys carouse, they cheat regularly on their wives, and in short, don’t have any scruples about doing any job for money or future advancement. These are carefully cultivated and tested with a variety of semi-legal activities to make sure they don’t have much of a conscience. Once they enter the “black” underground, they enter the world of covert operations--but not just ordinary covert operations (because there are both legitimate and criminal types of operations performed by the same agency). I do not have the space in this book to detail all the evidence for this, but I will tell you this:

1. The CIA runs a worldwide drug distribution net, to finance this black underground series of operations. Kun San, the infamous drug warlord of the Iron triangle testified of this openly--that his major client was the CIA and he could name names. Barry Seal was killed after revealing his involvement in flying cargo planes loaded with drugs for the CIA into the famous Mena Arkansas 10,000 foot rural runway (during Governor Clinton’s term).

2. The FBI regularly assists and covers up for numerous illicit government operations. Occasionally, critical evidence is falsified in their now discredited forensics labs in order to alter the outcomes of certain investigations. The FBI played a major role in the cover-up of the JFK assassination, the Waco attack, the Oklahoma City Bombing, and the Vince Foster murder.

3. CIA and Secret Service agents who were part of the “black” underground side, pulled off the assassination of John F. Kennedy, Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King, to make them martyrs for a much larger political purpose. The killers may not have known the purpose, but those who gave the orders did.

John F. Kennedy was, in my opinion, the first president to be elected who actually knew that he was put into power by this powerful underground group. He was only a second level person himself however, and quite disposable, as we later found out. JFK was taken out by the very same leaders who put him in. The job was carried out by a select group of dirty tricks boys from the CIA, Secret Service, and FBI. This was the world’s first good look at the workings of the conspiracy. They made a lot of sloppy mistakes, and got away with it for only one reason--they had enough control over the media, members of the Supreme Court, Congress, and a host of others that they could cover up almost anything. Their errors were huge and needed multiple cover-ups. Watching how they did it told me a lot about how extensive their powers are. Before I go into some details, let me backtrack and show how this gang of government hit-men operates in various parts of the federal security forces.

Gerry P. Hemming was interviewed by Daniel Hopsicker for his book Barry and the Boys. It included the following:

Lucien Conein was organizing an assassination program. Once we got it underway in 1974, with a bunch of anti-Castro Cuban assets, I went down to Colombia. The big thing then was sailboats and a small planes and Conein jumped in and the Quantum Corporation and Stewart Mott was around.

See, the people who control intel nets and have palace access are gun dealers and drug dealers. When I met Barry in 1974, his 'cover' was as an ex-coast guard pilot. But Barry was primarily just a plane-mover back then. He's moving planes around, gunrunning, hauling cars and cigarettes and stuff...

Later, Gerry attempted to defend his involvement in the drug trade:

First of all, we figure, who's using this dope? Leftists! This is not a fact that messes up my chess game. You cannot allow that kind of capability to remain freelance. There is too much money. Some tinhorn asshole can come in, take over, and end up ruling a subcontinent. We were always looking for signs of foreign intelligence and military penetration of the South American drug trade, signs of Soviet or Cuban presence.

In other words, Gerry helped U.S. government agencies working with gangsters to keep control of the drug trade.