The Education Forum

KMT Training

From September I will be working as E-Learning Coordinator and webmaster for our local School Based Initial Teacher Training provider - Kent and Medway Training.

As well as managing and developing their website http://www.kmtraining.org.uk I would like to develop a Student Teacher forum and will be looking for volunteers from this forum to act as unpaid (of course) mentors/advisors to trainee teachers.

If you would be willing to get involved in either supporting informally on the new forum or delivering an online seminar on an issue related to teacher training or teaching and ICT please express your interest here :lol:

If a perspective from abroad is of any use to you, I'd be happy to help, either as mentor or as deliverer of an on-line seminar (I seem to have done quite a few of these this term about all sorts of things …).

My main field of activity at the moment is English as a Modern Language … which is perhaps not so relevant for Kent-based teacher trainees. I can reminisce about the iniquities of KCC, though!

If a perspective from abroad is of any use to you, I'd be happy to help, either as mentor or as deliverer of an on-line seminar (I seem to have done quite a few of these this term about all sorts of things …).

My main field of activity at the moment is English as a Modern Language … which is perhaps not so relevant for Kent-based teacher trainees. I can reminisce about the iniquities of KCC, though!

Thanks David I will hold you to this :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

My main field of activity at the moment is English as a Modern Language … which is perhaps not so relevant for Kent-based teacher trainees. I can reminisce about the iniquities of KCC, though!

Thanks David I will hold you to this ;)

I've had my first meeting with my new boss at Kent and Medway yesterday who is very enthusiastic on the forum idea. So if there are any more volunteers to get involved please register your interest here :)

• 2 months later...

One of the reasons I haven't been so active here for a while is that I have been working on a new site.

The Kent and Medway Training website is now online http://www.kmtraining.org.uk

I have in mind 4 sections ultimately;

1. A corporate "Who we are and where we are" section

2. A forum for peer to peer mentoring, discussion and possible seminars

3. An online handbook for the KMT team

4. A training materials section which will contain professional and subject studies assignments and guidance and training toolkits.

Feedback is welcome especially from those who have brilliant ideas or practical tips as to how to develop the site :)

http://www.kmtraining.org.uk