The Education Forum

Rugby World Cup

Come on Stapleton! What's your excuse this time

England_front_up_580418.jpg

http://msnsport.skysports.com/rugbyunion/W...2783874,00.html

:unsure::huh::eek

I'm not really a supporter of rugby. It seems as messy and pointless as the Scottish Premier League.

However, I know the purpose of the game is to score tries. The purpose of soccer is to score goals. In cricket the aim is to score runs etc.

So I ask you this, Andy: Which team scored the only try of the match?

Guest Stephen Turner

I knew you wouldn't let me down B):lol::lol::lol:

Correct!

Australia.

Mark, as General Melchet said in Blackadder, "IF NOTHING ELSE, A COMPLETE REFUSAL TO EXCEPT THE FACTS OF THE SITUATION WILL SEE US THROUGH."

I knew you wouldn't let me down :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Correct!

Australia.

Mark, as General Melchet said in Blackadder, "IF NOTHING ELSE, A COMPLETE REFUSAL TO EXCEPT THE FACTS OF THE SITUATION WILL SEE US THROUGH."

I wouldn't want to be accused of refusing to 'except' the facts.

I'm glad we lost--now the public here won't have to endure countless commentators eulogizing the team and proclaiming the sport is played in heaven. (if it is, how bad can the other place be?)

Correct!

Australia.

Rest assured Stapleton that droves of teachers will be henceforth scrutinising all your postings for spelling accuracy :lol:

You have also reinforced my long held opinion that Australians are in general bloody awful losers. This is probably what makes your small country disproportionably good at all sports but also spectacularly bad at sportsmanship.

Correct!

Australia.

Rest assured Stapleton that droves of teachers will be henceforth scrutinising all your postings for spelling accuracy :lol:

You have also reinforced my long held opinion that Australians are in general bloody awful losers. This is probably what makes your small country disproportionably good at all sports but also spectacularly bad at sportsmanship.

Why would teachers be better at spelling than any number of other professional people? I've known a few who were average spellers at best. Of course, I make plenty of spelling mistakes myself.

Back to the Rugby. I think the Proteas will win but I wish England rots of ruck. The game is a mess, though. A player grabs the ball and streaks downfield--he gets tackled--15 players pile on top of him and it becomes an unseemly, amorphous rabble--no-one knows where the ball is (it's in there somewhere)--suddenly a red faced referee appears and blows his whistle for a penalty. The transgression? Why, some poor sap in the middle of the ruck had his foot in the wrong place or something. Another 3 pointer is kicked and once again arbitrary penalties determine the winner.

For this reason, I hope you'll support my campaign to have the sport banned after this World Cup. What has mankind done to deserve such a sport? Think of your fellow human beings.

Tough but fair.

Guest Stephen Turner
For this reason, I hope you'll support my campaign to have the sport banned after this World Cup. What has mankind done to deserve such a sport? Think of your fellow human beings.

Tough but fair.

If we lose tomorrow against the French you will have my full support, should we win however..............................