The Education Forum

Introduce yourself here

Like many, I came here because of the JFK Assassination research. I continue to read, here, because for some reason I choose to make myself nuts by reading about the abominations of my corrupt government. Excuse me, Alleged abominations of my Allegedly corrupt government.

My background is varied, primarily driven by hunger.

My primary area of expertise is the field of Building and Planning Codes; 'why' continues to perplex me.

I'm currently self-employed as a Code consultant and as an illustrator; or reversed, depending upon the week. This week I'm slightly more of an illustrator than a Code consultant. My online portfolio can be found at my website, www.mjarts.com

I worked for the City of Portland, Oregon for 14 years as a Building Plans Examiner; I left, due to health issues. I thought I retired; I later discovered that the city's insurance carrier had a different opinion.

I've been illustrating for most of my life, approximately 40 years, at this point. 'Seriously' since college, where I studied Architecture, and received my degree.

My 'target market' is children's books; I have 3 currently on the market; but one can only purchase two of them. I'm in the process of illustrating #4, and will be finished by the end of May. My most recent project was for Yellowstone National Park, an 'electronic field trip. The 75 min audio visual presentation can be seen at www.windowsintowonderland.org

However, most of my illustration work is not in the children's market. Children's books don't pay very well. Neither does the illustration market in general, but I'm infected with the disease. I can't NOT draw.

I've been married for nearly 30 years; 29 this year, if I'm doing the math correctly. We have three Talented and Gifted children; I'm of the opinion that we have three kids raised on books and imagination rather than television. I was addicted to movies [still am], Hill Street Blues and Cheers; I put the TV in the closet when I figured out that I wasn't getting paid to watch the shows. The kids were raised with an extremely limited televison budget; and they precede XBoxes, etc. They all have virtual worlds now; this lends credence to the notion that they may not be Talented and Gifted, with capitals. They are certainly talented and gifted and still children in many ways; although the calendar says differently. I'm hoping that childlike will remain.

I'm an Elder of the Presbyterian Church; they tell me that this is a lifelong appointment. I won't be a member of the PCA as a lifelong commitment. I'm never sure how to describe my relationship with God, beyond it being a relationship, but I rarely use that word. If I use the C word, I tend to get labeled among the right wing conservative element that apparently has never read the Sermon on the Mount, althought they claim to be followers of the teachings of Jesus. I was raised without an involvement in any form of religion. I encountered Evangelical Christians while in college; and successfully ran from them until a small group snuck up on me while I wasn't looking. They seemed reasonably intelligent, except for the God thing; in time I encountered Something Real that I've never been able to leave behind, although I've never really wanted to. I've left a number of churches behind; not to imply that I know more than they. It's mostly because I ask questions that don't have 10 Easy Answers. If you resent the use of the G word, that's ok. I probably don't believe in that god, either.

Blessings, Marty

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi My name I'm Jefferson Morley. I am a journalist in Washington DC where I have lived for the past 25 years. I have worked as an editor and writer the Washington Post since 1992. I am now a staff writer at washingtonpost.com.

I join the forum because I'm looking to be in touch with well-informed reseachers about the assassination of President Kennedy. have been writing about the assassination of President Kennedy for 15 years. I do not seek to vindicate or refute "theories" about what happened but rather to expand the public record and make it coherent.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone

By profession I am a medical editor but I am also a military historian, Ripperologist and freelance writer based in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. I am North American editor for Ripperologist magazine published in England and have had an active interest in Jack the Ripper for a dozen years.

Ironically, what got me going in terms of looking closely into the Whitechapel murders is the so-called "Maybrick Diary" which constitutes an alleged confession to the murders supposedly written by Liverpool cotton merchant James Maybrick but which seems to be a rather crude hoax. I come originally from Liverpool, where James and Florence Maybrick lived at Battlecrease House in Riversdale Road, a mile or so from where I lived in Mossley Hill. Thus, the controversial Maybrick Diary, for better or worse, is the thing got me "hooked" on Jack!

I am also an authority on the War of 1812, editor of the newsletter Journal of the War of 1812 and author of the book, Terror on the Chesapeake: The War of 1812 on the Bay, as well as being a published poet and editor of the on-line poetry site Desert Moon Review, a songwriter (lyricist), and a blogger.

My involvement in these forums over the last several days has already convinced me that there is much I can learn and contribute on the matter of controversies of history and other matters.

Best regards

Chris George

Edited by Christopher T. George

• 1 month later...

My name is Vladimir Kalinin and I was born in Russia but never lived there because parents moved to Latvia. I graduated from Air Force COLLEGE and served as a military pilot for 20 years in the air force former USSR. After the collapse of the USSR I took citizenship of Belarus, graduated from pedagogical university and became head of information centre on children and human rights education at the moment.

Country isolated in Europe despite of common borders and culture with our neighbours (Baltic states and Poland) which your politicians called democratic and members of EU but in reality very far from democracy (in Latvia half of their population have even the name citizens I do not speak about their rights and fascism is coming to the country more less the same in Estonia - building monuments for SS nazi soldiers and officers and because EU keeping silence for them it is quiet support of their activities).

For the last 4 years I am working as researcher in the field of HRE and involved 37 schools in ICT projects for our teachers and students. I saw by my own eyes the collapse of the big country and it system and can't say only in black and white colors about this period of time but I never can imagine that all former republics falled down to so basic level like in Africa and need hundreds of years just to stand up. I saw a lot of HR violations and now I am teaching about all these UN documents, Declarations and Conventions

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Ed Waller

Currently I'm teaching History in a Southampton sec school, and am Head of Department for my sins!!

In a former existance, I was a lecturer at Portsmouth Uni for 6 years (Economic History), and, yes, I am sad enough to have endured the whole PhD process. ;)

Nowadays I rty to get by on my Departmental budget and bring in new ideas (esp ICT) to the teaching of my colleagues (2 x SMT and 1 x HOY).

Ed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Amaury Murgado

Greetings:

I am an student of History and Political Science. Obviously, having a father as a Brigade 2506, Bay of Pigs Invasion Veteran, has given me more than a keen interest in that particular historical period.

I hope my recent postings on Spartacus and the Forum will shed some light on the Sylvia Odio incident. As to what my father has said, it is there for all to evaluate and judge as being useful or not. All the intense speculation that I have read thus far reminds me of a dog chasing its tail; he should know better but continues anyway.

As I have said in essence in other areas of the Forum and on Spartacus, I believe that researchers and interested parties have been led to believe that finding Angelo and Leopuldo would lead to finding the Holy Grail of the JFK assassination. The expectation level after 40 years of the unknown becoming the known has blinded everyone to the simple facts that my father presents.

I want to make it clear that I respect the fact that everyone has a right to their opinions no matter how right or wrong they are.

In the future I hope to continue learning from the Forum and its members. I want to thank everyone for thier interest in my father, positive or negative. Seeing that he was there and we were not, I guess we are all chasing our tails to some degree or another.

Cheers,

Amaury Murgado

• 2 weeks later...

I am not an ' educationalist '. I work in 'Town Planning ' as part of a local authority's Regeneration Unit.

My main passion is military history particularly the Great War of 1914 - 18. I am currently engaged on a writing project highlighting a particular aspect of the August 1914 campaign in France and Belgium. I was a joint contributor to the late Graham Maddocks' work upon the ' Liver pool Pals 'and his regettaby, unpublished manuscript expanding upon the story of the Lusitania.

I have been a student of Kennedy assassination since 22 November, 1963 when I was an impressionable 10 year old schoolboy glued to a television set and the fascination with the case has never really left me. A founder member of the British research Group ' Dallas 63 'I realised one ambition by visiting Dallas in November, 1963 attending the ASK Conference that year. Following on from this I had the privilege of contributing to Lamar Waldron's recent book ' Ultimate Sacrifice ' particularly to those sections detailing the attempts against his life in Chicago and Tampa. John H Davis, author of the classic 'Mafia Kingfish ', believes that I am a professional writer ( !! ) since he considers me to be " very well informed " and has been kind enough to correspond with me over the years.

My interest in all things JFK waned somewhat over the past decade as I waited impatiently for Lamar's book to appear in print. At certain points I despaired of the story ever appearing in print. Needless to say, so I suppose I must say it, the recent publication has renewed and dee pened my desire to have ' the truth come out' and thus I seek membership of this forum.

Mr. Byrne wrote:

I had the privilege of contributing to Lamar Waldron's recent book ' Ultimate Sacrifice ' particularly to those sections detailing the attempts against his life in Chicago and Tampa. John H Davis, author of the classic 'Mafia Kingfish ', believes that I am a professional writer ( !! ) since he considers me to be " very well informed " and has been kind enough to correspond with me over the years

Welcome to the Forum, Mr. Byrne. I'm sure you will have much to contribute. As you know, "Ultimate Sacrifice" is rapidly earning a reputation as one of the best books written on the assassination.

Mr. Byrne wrote:

I had the privilege of contributing to Lamar Waldron's recent book ' Ultimate Sacrifice ' particularly to those sections detailing the attempts against his life in Chicago and Tampa. John H Davis, author of the classic 'Mafia Kingfish ', believes that I am a professional writer ( !! ) since he considers me to be " very well informed " and has been kind enough to correspond with me over the years

Welcome to the Forum, Mr. Byrne. I'm sure you will have much to contribute. As you know, "Ultimate Sacrifice" is rapidly earning a reputation as one of the best books written on the assassination.

Tim,

Thats very kind of you. Look forward to any dealings we may have in the future.

Best,

Paul Byrne

PS. See the small note I've included on the ' Ultimate Sacrifice ' section re : Lamar appearing on radio programme in UK this Saturday

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

My occupation was as a Quantity Surveyor but I am now

retired.

I live in East Grinstead, West Sussex, England, and am

interested in family and local history. I came across

the Forum whilst looking for infomation on World War

1, and have found some most usefull facts about East

Grinstead and those who served at this time.

It is extremely well researched and I hope to gain

more from it, especially about my grandfather Gunner

Edward James Luxford who is mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...

Just stumbled across your details on the education forum. I run a teachers training company called Connect Sports Consultants.

I am looking to expand into new areas of teacher education.

Are you currently running courses for teachers and would you be interested in running courses on our behalf?

James Hillier,

Managing Director,

Connect Sports Consultants Ltd,

54 - 54b Mount Street,

Walsall,

WS1 3PL

www.connectsc.com

0870 754 7743

I am Terry Haydn. For most of my working life I taught at an inner-city comprehensive school in Manchester as Head of History/Humanities. I then went into teacher education in London and am now PGCE History Tutor at the University of East Anglia. I am interested in the use of ICT in history, the working atmosphere in the classroom and history/citizenship issues in secondary schools.

Just stumbled across your details on the education forum. I run a teachers training company called Connect Sports Consultants.

Are you currently running courses for teachers and would you be interested in running courses on our behalf?

James Hillier,

Managing Director,

54 - 54b Mount Street,

Walsall,

WS1 3PL

www.connectsc.com

0870 754 7743

My name is Alf Wilkinson and I was a history teacher, head of history and ICT Co-ordinator at a large comprehensive school in Bedford for many years. I left to run the Historical Association NOF training scheme. I know it is fashionable to knock NOF training but I think we helped a lot of teachers move on. I now teach part time in Lincolnshire, and am Professional Development Manager for the HA. This last year I have organised a national conference for history teachers on using ICT and been involved in various projects on behalf of the HA. I am interested in the story part of history, and making learning fun! Sometimes we forget that part of our calling.

I have written lots of online materials and am about to launch my own commercial website. I am also involved in writing textbooks. Apart from that, I like a quiet life in the country!

James Hillier,

Managing Director,

54 - 54b Mount Street,

Walsall,

WS1 3PL

www.connectsc.com

0870 754 7743

Hello, I'm Andy Jones, a Design and Technology teacher currently working at Fallibroome School in Macclesfield. Though i have also taught in Basingstoke.

I studied for a Degree in Product Design at UCLAN before doing a PGCE in Sheffield.

I'm loving teaching mainly Graphic Products and Product Design in KS 3/4/5 at the moment

I run the DesignandTech.com website

Check out what my pupils have been up to at...

www.torch.designandtech.com

www.Y12.designandtech.com

(Owning that domain name has come in handy).

• 2 months later...

Cheers, all. I'm James S. Henry, an investigative economist, lawyer, and freelance journalist who's based in New York. I've done lots of research and writing over the past 30 years with respect to developing country debt, corruption, and money laundering, including publications in most major US magazines and newspapers. Last book: Blood Bankers (2003) (NY: Avalon/Thundermountain, 2003, 2005), investigations of "dirty banking" in countries like the Philippines, Brazil, Mexico, Venezuela, and Argentina. (Think John Perkins' "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man," but with real evidence, less "dark government-led conspiracy," and more emphasis on post-globalization revisionism.) In my "spare time," I'm also a "cooperating attorney" for the ACLU, a very lively activity in these times. For more info, see my bio on this site, and my news blog, http://www.submergingmarkets.com.

• 3 months later...

I am a retired teacher of reading (English) at the elementary school level & have taught on the Navaho Reservation. I currently reside near Phoenix, Arizona. I am interested in the History Issues of the forum & hope to profit from the excellent exchanges found there.