The Education Forum

Whereabouts of Mr. Hudson

David Josephs

So before the last shot was fired, according to Arnold, he was already on the ground. That means he would have been blocked from view in Moorman by the retaining wall, along with Sitzman's boy and girl who themselves had been in view only seconds before at the top of the stairs as seen in Betzner and Willis. Arnold was not in that spot as confirmed by the TMWKK video frame below. I've added in the approximate locations of where the boy and girl were standing.

Ken

If Arnold's story is true, then he points to where the limo was when JFK was shot in the head. Arnold wasn't precise is saying for sure that the other shot he heard had come after the one that whizzed past his ear, but considering that others also thought they heard a shot(s) after the kill shot as well, then it could also be possible that Arnold did the same. As Kellerman said - there were two blast almost over the top of one another like a sonic boom only 3/18ths of a second apart, thus it is possible that this is what Gordon heard.

Bill

Bill,

To support a Gordon Arnold over-the-head shot fired after the fatal shot to President Kennedy (which would allow Arnold to still be seen in the Moorman photo), you rely on Roy Kellerman who heard two blasts, one almost on top of another. You say it's possible that this is what Arnold heard. Two blasts, like a sonic boom, 3/18ths of a second apart.

Have to disagree with you here. Take a look at Arnold's Oral History at the Sixth Floor Museum. He goes into more detail. There he says that, when he heard the shot go over his head, he had already fallen to the ground, rolled over once, and his face was down. I don't think a person can do all that in 3/18 of a second. If Arnold was there, that last shot, the one that went over his head, had to be the fatal shot that struck the President. Arnold says nothing about seeing Kennedy's head blown apart. About blood and brains. As he continued filming while he was falling to the ground, he just saw Kennedy's head go back. It makes more sense to me that what he saw was Kennedy being hit by an earlier shot. When the shot was fired over Arnold's head, he would have been on the ground behind the retaining wall with the Sitzman kids. They would have "hit the dirt" together when that same shot whizzed by all three of them.

Some have said over the years that Arnold never mentioned seeing those kids, so he must not have been there. Well, in my opinion, he does refer to them in his Oral History. After the shots, he mentions people running up the hill. That would be the Hesters, the Chisms, and the two boys from Stockard Junior High. But most important, he mentions people "running away from where I was at." In other words, from on the ground behind the retaining wall. Thanks to Sitzman, we know who that was. Around 10 seconds after the last shot. The black kids, a boy and girl, between 18 and 21. The ones who were at the top of the stairs in Betzner and Willis just 15 seconds or so before they ran off. And not, by the way, the black man and black woman filmed talking casually behind the wall after the assassination.

I believe Arnold may very well have been up there, as you do. You and I just have a major disagreement over what can be seen in the Moorman photo. In my opinion, there's no Arnold in front of the fence. And no Badge Man and accomplice behind it.

Ken

Edited by Ken Rheberg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Arnold may very well have been up there, as you do. You and I just have a major disagreement over what can be seen in the Moorman photo. In my opinion, there's no Arnold in front of the fence. And no Badge Man and accomplice behind it.

Ken

I always respect your insight, Ken.

I offered the sonic blast as one option for people hearing another shot after the President was fatally hit .... I agree that it may very well had nothing to do with what Arnold heard as another shot after the one that went passed his ear. I personally do not think that anyone can say if Arnold actually heard another shot or only thought he heard another shot and believes it. Many people may have even heard reports bouncing around in the plaza and thought they were shots. One could speculate that the many motorcycle backfires were shots while others heard shots that they were just motorcycle backfires. Some folks heard what they thought were firecrackers. One can only speculate and I do not doubt that this was the case with some witnesses.

What I do not believe is speculation is that Yarborough contacted Golz and told Earl that he saw the man named Gordon Arnold. That Arnold said he wore his uniform while on the knoll, that the person seen in the Nix and Muchmore film was wearing the right colored clothing needed to be Arnold, that the person seen in the Nix film I viewed at the lab did just what Yarborough claimed that he witnessed and had led him to believe that 'there was an infantry man who has had his training ....'

What I do not feel is speculation is that the BDM has sunlight shining off his right upper midsection and that pattern matches with the sunlit pattern on the right upper midsection of the man in Jack and Gary's Badgeman work.

I have heard what Sitzman said about the black couple and how after the shooting they were getting up off the bench or words to that effect. I do not feel it is speculative to say that they cannot be seen on the bench in the Willis and Moorman photos. I can say this ....... the day we were at the lab ... there was only one person standing beyond the wall and not three people clustered together. There was only one person in motion on Groden's Nix print immediately after Moorman took her photo. I do not know where the black couple were during the shooting ... I only know they were not on the bench or that they were the one sole individual in the Nix film print that I had seen at the lab.

Jack has said that he only added color to the image in Moorman's photo (the good UPI print not to be confused by the poor quality prints being posted on the Internet by critics) and this time I agree with Jack 100%. Often times people will say they don't see a figure in their Moorman's print, but that can be proven to be a flaw in their source materials and/or their ability to analyze the image. I say this because the Nix film confirms someone was standing where the figure is said to be in Moorman's photo. It would not be speculation to say that when a person is seen in the Nix film ... they must also be seen in Moorman's photo. The only factor that could possible prevent this from happening would be to use a poor quality Moorman print.

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller