The Education Forum

Introduce yourself here

Hi, I'm Duane Daman.

I'm a professional musician and part time antiques dealer.

One of my hobbies is researching conspiracy theories.. The Apollo Moon Hoax, in particular.

I joined this forum to meet conspiracy researcher Jack White, and to discuss the Apollo Moon Hoax with people who are also interested in the subject.

Edited by Duane Daman

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello as my bio on here reads:

I graduated in 2000 from John Moores University in 2000 with a degree in history/literature. I went on to create the website Harold Hill: A People's History at http://www.haroldhill.org/ Harold Hill is a former London County Council estate in the north-east/Essex bordlands.

I've recently launched History Nexus at http://www.historynexus.net/ The idea behind History Nexus is to combine the infrastructure of a web 2.0 site with the promotion and discussion of history on the net.

I just launched History Nexus last week and I was emailing a number of history websites for publicity, one of which was Spartacus Educational.

I've often used SE and found it quite a curious website, having both well-written and accurate information, but also quite arcane material as well.

Little did I know that the editor and creator of SE was John Simkin, which brought me back to my first history website, Harold Hill: A People's History.

John is a former resident of the estate and as, he told me, his mother stills lives there.

John's name was dropped to me a long time ago, and I would have approached him for an interview if knew where to find him - damn, should have tried Google! :ice

His name does actually appear on the site but I'm not sure that after all these decades he would appreciate me posting up that particular story on here! :lol:

I just launched History Nexus last week and I was emailing a number of history websites for publicity, one of which was Spartacus Educational.

I've often used SE and found it quite a curious website, having both well-written and accurate information, but also quite arcane material as well.

Little did I know that the editor and creator of SE was John Simkin, which brought me back to my first history website, Harold Hill: A People's History.

John is a former resident of the estate and as, he told me, his mother stills lives there.

John's name was dropped to me a long time ago, and I would have approached him for an interview if knew where to find him - damn, should have tried Google! :rolleyes:

His name does actually appear on the site but I'm not sure that after all these decades he would appreciate me posting up that particular story on here! :lol:

You can go ahead with posting the story. I suspect the police have forgiven me now. Although it might explain why I have never been asked to do jury service.

What do you mean by "arcane material" on the Spartacus website?

• 10 months later...

I´m Andy Pheby. I currently teach EAL and TOK at an International School in Bratislava. I first started teaching EAL 15 years ago. I then completed a pgce in London and worked as an art teacher for 7 years. Teaching TOK has naturally made me curious about subjects such as history.

• 1 year later...

I am Mark Haley. My Mum was a brilliant teacher, a genius. My Dad, also a teacher, became a Headmaster in 1968 because the Governors of the village school felt the villagers would not accept his wife as head teacher...

I have one o-level. In 1994 I was invited to deputise for a music teacher at George Farmer School, Holbeach, Lincs who was on 3 months maternity leave. During that time I also gave French lessons, Art, History, Maths and Sport. All the year 11's taking Music GSCE passed. On my final day I was given a standing ovation by the pupils during assembly. It's amazing what you can achieve when you don't set any homework !

In 1998/99 I taught guitar at Wisbech Grammar School, Cambs. One day a week. The pupils had a 100% pass rate in the Royal Schools Of Music exams.

Before my admittedly brief teaching career I had been a relatively successful musician (pianist with the Kinks) and for the last 10 years fly over to Europe most weekends to perform at huge nostalgia festivals with 70s chart toppers the Rubettes. I am usually back in time for Match Of The Day 2.

I think Neil Armstrong walked on the moon and I enjoy watching the youtube clip of Buzz Aldrin thumping that guy who said he didn't.

I support West Ham and have great admiration for teachers. Good luck to you all.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, my name is Scott Kaiser, and I belong to a small fraternity of children (whether I like it or not) that have had to deal with the fall out of the CIA, Watergate and JFK assassination. I was born in Norwalk Connecticut, moved to Alaska where my sister was born and raised in Miami. While living in Miami my father introduced me to some of the most infamous characters known to the CIA, Watergate and the JFK assassination. One in particular whom would often visit our house in Hialeah was Frank Sturgis, my father was head of an anti-Castro movement called "Cubanos Unidos". Many times I went out to the everglades where the Miccosukee Indians owned their land and watched various anti-Castro groups shoot off their weapons and train in combat, one such organization that would also train out there were Alpha 66 in which many of those members joined the Cubanos Unidos. Well, that's about the extent of my childhood life, I also owned a commercial painting company in San Antonio Texas, and now I'm writing a book about my father.

Well, it was nice to meet you. :D

Scott Kaiser

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am John Osiemo. I am currently a faculty member teaching business and accounting courses. I have a passion in business, accounting, finance and economics. I am the author and administrator of http://www.managerialaccontingcourse.com. The Website covers the major topics in managerial accounting program. Students taking accounting, and business classes both in undergraduate and graduate programs including BBA and MBA will be greatly profit from this free and easily accessible website.

• 4 weeks later...

Rob Couteau is an author and visual artist represented by Roshkowska Galleries. His literary works have received positive reviews in Publishers Weekly Booklife, the Evergreen Review, and the Midwest Book Review. In 1985 he won the North American Essay Award, sponsored by the American Humanist Association. His interviews include conversations with Ray Bradbury, "Last Exit to Brooklyn" author Hubert Selby, Dr. Albert Hofmann, Michael Korda, Robert Roper, and the Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer Justin Kaplan. Web site: robcouteau com

Hey,

Born in the UK.

I'm a middle school humanities teacher at an international school in S.E.Asia.

I've been teaching for about 16 years.

In my spare time i like hanging out with my wife and daughters, and am close to finishing my first novel.

Edited by Lee Byron
adding more info

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Gabriel Stan and I live in Romania. Although graduated in electromechanical engineering, I work as a librarian since 2001. My „passion” is Truth and thus I went through philosophy and currently am a student of the JFK assassination and that’s how I found about this Forum. The subject is vast and my findings cover all sorts of clandestine operations perpetrated by secret organisations and services around the world - which I trully and deeply detest. By the way: I hate money! It is the worst and utmost corruptor of minds and souls. Essentially, we need so few of it to be happy...

Hopefully, besides learning about  information of great interest to me, I can, for my part, bring some of my findings to your attention and interest.

As a seeker of truth and wisdom, my guiding motto is the socratic „know thyself”.

Edited by Gaby Stan

• 3 weeks later...

I am Jorma Jormakka. Nowadays I am independent researcher, meaning I can study different open problems on whatever fields. Up to 2010 I was a professor, in military technology and in communication networks, since summer 2010 I tried to write novels. I wrote two, but did not get them published, so gave it up.