The Education Forum

Who Killed JFK?: Poll and Discussion?

"If I had to pick one man in the whole United States to shoot me, I'd pick Oswald. I saw the man shoot. There's no way he could ever have learned to shoot well enough to do the shooting they accused him of in Dallas." - Sherman Cooley, USMC, stationed with Oswald.

Oswald didn't shoot anyone.

Randy, I think most readers on this Forum would agree with you. Yet there are nuances. If Oswald was a "patsy" as he said, then who made him into a patsy? Who got close enough to him for that? How did they get that close? Did he know them? Did he hang out with them?

Several times during his time at the Dallas jail house Oswald had a chance to tell the Press about the people who made him into a patsy -- but he didn't do it. Was he covering for them? Did he believe that a good lawyer would set him free if he only kept his mouth shut? Did Lee Harvey Oswald know who the real killers were? If not, why was he killed only two days after JFK?

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul,

All of your questions are excellent and we may never know the answers to them. I say the best answer we can acheive at this point in time is to study what stimulated and motivated Lee Harvey Oswald. For example, did you know his favorite TV show was "I Led Three Lives"? It was loosely based on the life of Herbert Philbrick, a Boston advertising executive who infiltrated the U.S. Communist Party on behalf of the FBI in the 1940s and wrote a bestselling book on the topic, I Led Three Lives: Citizen, 'Communist', Counterspy (1952). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Led_Three_Lives

Sounds very familiar, eh? Do you believe his trip to Russia was solely planned by himself? I don't.

Hasn't it been proven that LHO had an CIA informant # 110669? "It appears at this point that CIA agent payroll number 110669 had been ordered by his superiors to furnish himself with a pro-Castro cover in order to enable him to enter Cuba by way of Mexico City possibly in order to infiltrate Cuban intelligence, or perhaps to try to assassinate Castro. Possibly, those members of the CIA involved in the Kennedy assassination plot were setting Oswald up as "the missing link," the connection between Fidel Castro and the assassination." http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKoswald.htm

He joined the Marines at very young age and while he was still captivated by "I Led Three Lives", his search was just beginning to become that "spy" on TV. I think he acheived his much desired "spy status" with limited success. He was trying to play both ends in the middle, good guys, bad guys, and got way over his head and ulitimately, crashed and burned.

I believe he was the tip source for the "Chicago Assassination Plot", and thereby foiling JFK being shot in the Windy City, it was given by someone named "Lee" and I believe he was the source once again for the FBI teletype of November 17, 1963 warning of a "militant group that may attempt to assassinate the President" in Dallas.

I believe he was trying to stop the plot in Dallas and got set-up as the "patsy" instead. Everytime I see the video of him saying "I'm just a Patsy", I think...Who uses the word "patsy" in 1963 with such ease? Maybe an agent provocateur, but not some regular Joe Blow. It wasn't a household word in 1963.

Just my thoughts. I welcome the chance to hear yours.

Best regards also,

Randy

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy, I think most readers on this Forum would agree with you. Yet there are nuances. If Oswald was a "patsy" as he said, then who made him into a patsy? Who got close enough to him for that? How did they get that close? Did he know them? Did he hang out with them?

Several times during his time at the Dallas jail house Oswald had a chance to tell the Press about the people who made him into a patsy -- but he didn't do it. Was he covering for them? Did he believe that a good lawyer would set him free if he only kept his mouth shut? Did Lee Harvey Oswald know who the real killers were? If not, why was he killed only two days after JFK?

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul,

All of your questions are excellent and we may never know the answers to them. I say the best answer we can acheive at this point in time is to study what stimulated and motivated Lee Harvey Oswald. For example, did you know his favorite TV show was "I Led Three Lives"? It was loosely based on the life of Herbert Philbrick, a Boston advertising executive who infiltrated the U.S. Communist Party on behalf of the FBI in the 1940s and wrote a bestselling book on the topic, I Led Three Lives: Citizen, 'Communist', Counterspy (1952). http://en.wikipedia....Led_Three_Lives

Sounds very familiar, eh? Do you believe his trip to Russia was solely planned by himself? I don't.

Hasn't it been proven that LHO had an CIA informant # 110669? "It appears at this point that CIA agent payroll number 110669 had been ordered by his superiors to furnish himself with a pro-Castro cover in order to enable him to enter Cuba by way of Mexico City possibly in order to infiltrate Cuban intelligence, or perhaps to try to assassinate Castro. Possibly, those members of the CIA involved in the Kennedy assassination plot were setting Oswald up as "the missing link," the connection between Fidel Castro and the assassination." http://www.spartacus...k/JFKoswald.htm

He joined the Marines at very young age and while he was still captivated by "I Led Three Lives", his search was just beginning to become that "spy" on TV. I think he acheived his much desired "spy status" with limited success. He was trying to play both ends in the middle, good guys, bad guys, and got way over his head and ulitimately, crashed and burned.

I believe he was the tip source for the "Chicago Assassination Plot", and thereby foiling JFK being shot in the Windy City, it was given by someone named "Lee" and I believe he was the source once again for the FBI teletype of November 17, 1963 warning of a "militant group that may attempt to assassinate the President" in Dallas.

I believe he was trying to stop the plot in Dallas and got set-up as the "patsy" instead. Everytime I see the video of him saying "I'm just a Patsy", I think...Who uses the word "patsy" in 1963 with such ease? Maybe an agent provocateur, but not some regular Joe Blow. It wasn't a household word in 1963.

Just my thoughts. I welcome the chance to hear yours.

Best regards also,

Randy

Randy,

(1) I knew about Oswald's favorite TV show, because Robert Oswald explained this in his book.

(2) I also don't believe Oswald's trip to Russia was his own idea -- however, I caution against reading too much into this. I strongly doubt that this was a super-spy mission (except in Oswald's imagination). I believe it was a low-level OSI training mission.

(3) I also believe that Oswald had CIA informant #110669, however, I also caution against reading too much into this. If Oswald was an informant for the CIA, we should never equate that with being an *employee* of the CIA. Oswald wasn't a salaried employee of the CIA. He was, at best, a part-time contractor. Again, this was all for training. He was being tested -- and it was harder than he thought it would be.

(4) Therefore, I cannot link Oswald's CIA informant number to any plans to enter Cuba through Mexico City. Nobody goes to the Cuban Consulate in Mexico City and tells the clerk their CIA number and expects to get into Cuba.

(5) I strongly believe that Oswald's superiors groomed him in New Orleans, however, using newspapers, radio and TV, to make Oswald appear to be an officer of the FPCC in New Orleans, so that Oswald could take *those* credentials to the Cuban Consulate in Mexico City and show the clerk *those* credentials and expect to get into Cuba. But that would not be the CIA who came up with that plan -- that would be a renegade right-wing individual named Guy Banister, aided by his associates David Ferrie, Jack Martin, Ed Butler and Carlos Bringuier.

(6) I believe the CIA knew very well what Guy Banister was up to, and they hoped he would succeed. but they didn't run Banister's show.

(7) But they did hope he would succeed. The CIA knew, IMHO, that Guy Banister was giving Lee Harvey Oswald a pro-Castro cover to enable him to enter Cuba and kill Castro. This was part of Operation Mongoose, IMHO. The CIA hoped this would succeed -- and so did RFK and JFK. This was their operation. RFK called Guy Banister's offices on a regular basis.

(8) I believe that Oswald wanted to be a professional spy. I believe he was a candidate, and that he was being tested, but he was never hired full-time because he made too many mistakes. Well, he was still young. He still had a chance. And he might have believed he was more intelligent than he really was.

(9) I mildly doubt that Oswald was the source for foiling the Chicago plot against JFK, or that he tried to foil the Dallas plot -- because Oswald had plenty of time to tell the Press during his two days in a Dallas jail. If Oswald was working for the 'good guys,' then the good guys would have saved him after he was arrested. But he was hung out to dry.

(10) In my theory the key to Lee Harvey Oswald is his attempt to kill ex-General Walker on 10 April 1963. That is very controversial, still, and many JFK researchers deny that Oswald was involved, but the evidence seems to me to be overwhelming.

(11) Evidence suggests that General Walker and Guy Banister knew each other through the White Citizens' Councils in the South, as well as through the John Birch Society and the Minutemen. Both men were leaders in all three organizations. Many suspects who knew Banister also knew Walker (e.g. Loran Hall, Lawrence Howard, Gerry Patrick Hemming, Lee Harvey Oswald and many more).

(12) The Backyard Photographs were forged (all except one) but I believe that Oswald created the forgeries himself when he worked at Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall. Oswald deliberately faked them for purposes of plausible denial. I'm currently taking steps to demonstrate this.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

IF ONLY the all and powerful OZ aka THE CIA would release the Joannides file, but we shouldn't hold our proverbial breath.

http://www.spartacus...FKjoannides.htm

Well, I agree, Randy. The involvement of CIA agent George Joannides with the files of Lee Harvey Oswald during his time in New Orleans, associating with Carlos Bringuier and the DRE (a right-wing Cuban Exile group committed to re-taking Cuba) is intensely interesting.

The Warren Commission directly asked ex-General Edwin Walker if he ever attended a DRE meeting in Dallas, and Walker admitted that he did attend at least one meeting, and did contribute money to them.

The DRE also had offices in New Orleans in association with Carlos Bringuier, the man who had a street fight with Lee Harvey Oswald on Canal street in August, 1963 -- who was named in the police report of the fight, and who was seen on TV with Oswald in a few more days.

Here is one more link between ex-General Edwin Walker and Lee Harvey Oswald. CIA agent George Joannides knew a lot about it, because he was closely involved with the DRE and Carlos Bringuier. Yet Joannides delivered misinformation to both the Warren Commission and the HSCA.

When a subordinate CIA agent, John M. Whitten was assigned to gather all data about Oswald after the JFK killing, Whitten realized that the FBI had withheld lots of data on Oswald, and so had his own bosses in the CIA. Whitten demanded to know about Oswald's political activities in New Orleans in the summer of 1963 -- and also asked about the DRE and about Joannides' relationship with the DRE. Whitten also asked about Oswald and General Walker and about Oswald's bogus FPCC chapter in New Orleans. Without this information, he said, all further analyses of the JFK case were "completely irrelevant."

But when Whitten demanded to see the Mexico City photographs of Oswald taken outside the Cuban and Soviet Consulates, Richard Helms responded by immediately removing John Whitten from the case, and set James Jesus Angleton in his place.

Later, when the HSCA re-opened the JFK assassination case, the CIA assigned George Joannides to work with the HSCA. Joannides (complained Robert Blakey later) successfully withheld all vital information about Oswald. Yet even Joannides could not withhold one salient fact -- that the telephone number of the DRE was recorded inside Lee Harvey Oswald's personal phone book.

So, I agree with you that the files on Johannides would be critical to see -- and yet it may be another 25 years before exceptions to the FOIA regarding these files will expire.

=*=

All this reminds me about Allen Dulles and his clerk, Jacques Zwart.

Zwart wrote a book, Invitation to Hairsplitting (1970) which begins with his memoir that Allen Dulles told him that the full answer to the JFK assassination is right there in the Warren Commission (WC) volumes -- but the reader must become an expert at "hairsplitting."

Here are only a few examples of Zwart's experiment in "hairsplitting":

(1) The WC was not instructed by Executive Order #11130 to report its findings and conclusions 'to the American people and to the world', but rather, to "the President alone."

The 26 volumes of the WC, published on 28 September 1964, was intended for the public. The President, on the other hand, recieved a separate report, which was only one volume in length, and he received that four days before the public version was published.

LBJ himself said that his version of the report was "four inches thick." A subset of that volume (only 2" thick) was published as a companion to the 26 WC volumes, entitled, the WC Summary.

The Summary of the Official Warren Report (WR) is only 2" thick. That Summary never references EO #11130, and therefore it is not bound by that order.

Zwart believes that LBJ's version of the Warren Report named names and told the full truth about the grassy knoll shooters, as well as the motives of the assassins. Zwart also believes that LBJ's version of the report fully disclosed that LHO had been a paid informant of the FBI and the CIA.

For Zwart, the public version of the Warren Report was written to serve the interests of National Security -- not to tell the truth.

Given this start -- Zwart believes that there was indeed a conspiracy to kill JFK, and that the conspirators were known (after the fact) by the US government.

(2) The WC only says LHO was shot by Ruby, not killed by Ruby. So Zwart believes that Oswald was still alive when he was taken in the ambulance.

(3) Another gaff was the non-believable testimony of Helen Markham who claimed to see Oswald kill Tippit, but could not keep her story straight. Add this to the FBI witness that they could not make a final, positive identification of the Tippit bullets with Oswald's pistol. This was an obvious confession on the part of the WC that Oswald really wasn't Tippit's killer.

In 1970 Zwart openly asked the public to help him find more hairsplitting clues inside the WC that Allen Dulles claimed were all there. In later years, however, researchers began to place all their hopes in the HSCA. Blakey himself later expressed his disappointment in the HSCA results -- another obvious confession of truth withheld.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Excellent presentation. http://www.youtube.c...v=_aPcSI76wC8#!

Gerry Hemming (Fellow Marine at Atsugi AB JAPAN) says "LHO" was working for Naval Intelligence.

Richard Sprague (Director of HSCA) says "LHO" was given special consideration NEVER before given a DEFECTOR, AKA "Special Dispensation".

@ 21:56, "LHO" gets the GREEN LIGHT to bring his Russian born wife out of the USSR.

LHO's ties to the Intelligence community have only strengthened over the years.

RG

Gerry Hemming (Fellow Marine at Atsugi AB JAPAN) says "LHO" was working for Naval Intelligence.

Richard Sprague (Director of HSCA) says "LHO" was given special consideration NEVER before given a DEFECTOR, AKA "Special Dispensation".

@ 21:56, "LHO" gets the GREEN LIGHT to bring his Russian born wife out of the USSR.

RG

I agree that this presentation is excellent, Randy. It's a video I've had for 15 years (it was made 20 years ago) and I'm delighted that it's finally available on YouTube for everybody to see.

It has Information from the original HSCA team (before Robert Blakey's hatchet job). It has video of Malcom Thompson and Major John Pickard as they speak about the Backyard Photographs. Gerry Patrick Hemming speaks up in a relevant way...just excellent.

I highly recommended this video to newbies -- it will bring them up to speed and will sail them past the Warren Commission quickly.

As for Oswald's efforts to become a professional spy -- I accept that wholeheartedly. Yet one thing we should also recognize, IMHO, is that Oswald never quite made the grade. He was not earning a regular salary from any intelligence agency -- at best he was getting small change from the FBI, the CIA, the OSI, for photographic work, bag transport, and so on. He was being tested.

Surely, not just anybody could get approved for testing -- Lee Harvey Oswald had to have some talent and some brains. Yet he wasn't on the payroll in the same way that E. Howard Hunt, Anne Goodpasture or James Jesus Angleton were on the CIA payroll.

There were other mercenary intelligence contractors, too, and Oswald hung out with them -- like Gerry Patrick Hemming, and perhaps Hemming's companions like Loran Hall, Larry Howard or Frank Sturgis.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, Oswald kept all of these associates far away from his wife, Marina. She never had a clue about them -- she thought he was at work for weeks at a time, when actually Oswald had lost this or that job without telling Marina.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

RG

I agree that this presentation is excellent, Randy. It's a video I've had for 15 years (it was made 20 years ago) and I'm delighted that it's finally available on YouTube for everybody to see.

It has Information from the original HSCA team (before Robert Blakey's hatchet job). It has video of Malcom Thompson and Major John Pickard as they speak about the Backyard Photographs. Gerry Patrick Hemming speaks up in a relevant way...just excellent.

I highly recommended this video to newbies -- it will bring them up to speed and sail they past the Warren Commission quickly.

As for Oswald's efforts to become a professional spy -- I accept that wholeheartedly. Yet one thing we should also recognize, IMHO, is that Oswald never quite made the grade. He was not earning a regular salary from any intelligence agency -- at best he was getting small change from the FBI, the CIA, the OSI, for photographic work, bag transport, and so on. He was being tested.

Surely, not just anybody could get approved for testing -- Lee Harvey Oswald had to have some talent and some brains. Yet he wasn't on the payroll in the same way that E. Howard Hunt, Anne Goodpasture or James Jesus Angleton were on the CIA payroll.

There were other mercenary intelligence contractors, too, and Oswald hung out with them -- like Gerry Patrick Hemming, and perhaps Hemming's companions like Loran Hall, Larry Howard or Frank Sturgis.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, Oswald kept all of these associates far away from his wife, Marina. She never had a clue about them -- she thought he was at work for weeks at a time, when actually Oswald had lost this or that job without telling Marina.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Paul,

Excellent comments, and I echo them with one small caveat. That excellent production was released in 1978 (35 years ago). Even the narration was superb by Bob Sherman (who I intend to research also). Time flies when you're having fun researching the JFK Conspiracy and Coverup, or so it would seem!

Cheers,

RG

• 3 weeks later...

Paul,

...That excellent production was released in 1978 (35 years ago). Even the narration was superb by Bob Sherman (who I intend to research also). Time flies when you're having fun researching the JFK Conspiracy and Coverup, or so it would seem!

Cheers,

RG

Yow - you're right, that video was released before the HSCA finished its report. I myself didn't become interested in the JFK assassination literature until after Oliver Stone's movie came out in 1991. Even then, it took a while before I started collecting videos on the topic.

Because of Oliver Stone's movie (which was inappropriately named, JFK, and is more appropriately named, The Jim Garrison Story), I started with the book that Oliver Stone used to make his movie, namely, Jim Garrison's 1988 book, On the Trail of the Assassins. That book is still a great starting off point that I'd recommend to newbies today -- even though Jim Garrison made a lot of mistakes.

But the fact that Jim Garrison named Guy Banister as the ring-leader -- with David Ferrie reporting to him -- this makes Jim Garrison equal to Sherlock Holmes in my opinion. Nobody else pointed that out before Jim Garrison did. Guy Banister was at the address where Lee Harvey Oswald operated in New Orleans, and yet Guy Banister was not called to testify before the Warren Commission. Fishy.

The question, Who Killed Kennedy, for those who are dissatisfied with the old, tired answer that Lee Oswald did it alone, must necessarily involve a second question, namely, Who Made Lee Harvey Oswald into a Patsy?

To explore that question, we have no better starting point than Guy Banister, who had been trying to infiltrate the FPCC for years. His right-hand man, David Ferrie, co-pilot for Carlos Bringuier and fanatical right-winger, had a long-time relationship with Lee Harvey Oswald, sufficient to get Oswald's confidence.

Therefore, no matter what else might emerge after a half-century of JFK research, the contribution made by Jim Garrison in the late 1960's continues to loom large in this literature.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

If i were pressed for a guess today, I would say that the white-supremacist organizations in the South, led by two bitter losers, former FBI agent Guy Banister and resigned General Edwin Walker (the only US General to resign in the 20th century), could no longer tolerate the stress of the Civil Rights movement, and specifically JFK's Civil Rights speech of 11 June 1963.

Both Banister and Walker were strongly tied to white-supremacist groups in the South, including the White Citizens' Council, the Citizens' Council Forum, the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission, the Louisiana State Sovereignty Commission, the Minutemen, the John Birch Society, and many others.

The killing started the night of JFK's Civil Rights speech; with Medger Evers in Mississippi. Evers was the NAACP leader who supported James Meredith in being the first Black American to attend Ole Miss university in 1962, against the massive, violent protest of resigned General Edwin Walker. Walker led riots at Ole Miss in which hundreds were wounded and two were killed. I

Then, on 15 September 1963, a Baptist Church in Birmingham Alabma was bombed, killing three Black children inside. These killings mark the entry of the KKK into the action.

Although Cuban Exiles were invited to participate, they knew they were guests of the USA, and they needed a 'gringo' leader. Thus Guy Banister kept multiple squads of trained guerrillas at Lake Pontchartrain and invited nearby Minutemen and KKK to participate.

Ex-General Edwin Walker was linked to Guy Banister not only by the white-supremacy organizations listed above, but also by specific individuals in a Cuban raiding group named, Interpen, led by Gerry Patrick Hemming, and including Loran Hall and Larry Howard, to name a few. These people visited Ex-General Walker in his Dallas home.

Further, as a leader of the radical right in Dallas, Walker had many contacts in the Dallas Police Department (DPD). William Turner (1973) reports that KKK membership was a plus in applying for police work at the DPD. Thus, the white-supremacist element from Louisiana and Mississippi had allies in Dallas.

The final step was to arrange for the patsy. That was the main job of ex-General Walker, along with Loran Hall and Larry Howard (according to Harry Dean's eye-witness account) and was admitted by Gerry Patrick Hemming to A.J. Weberman (when Hemming admitted he offered Lee Harvey Oswald double the price for his Manlicher-Carcano rifle on the black market if he'd bring it to the TSBD building on 11/22/1963).

The sheep-dipping of Oswald involved a number of steps -- framing Oswald as an FPCC officer in New Orleans in newspapers, radio and TV -- getting Oswald to Mexico to convince him of the propriety of the actions used to manipulate him (which allegedly involved Guy Gabaldon, according to Harry Dean's eye-witness account) -- and getting Oswald back to Dallas.

Evidently, before the trip to Mexico, Loran Hall and Larry Howard (Leopoldo and Angelo) dropped by Sylvia Odio's home to seek funds -- not knowing that Odio had previously seen Oswald in Dallas making rightist speeches before Cuban Exiles. (Hall and Howard believed Oswald was at least a double-agent.)

In any case -- Oswald was framed by both Guy Banister and ex-General Walker, and both Banister and Walker had access to many paramilitary resources among the KKK, the Minutemen, and Cuban Exiles. Racist elements in the DPD would come in handy.

Ex-General Walker, who was a 'green beret' before the Green Berets were invented, was entirely capable of directing 10,000 men -- so to direct a few dozen men in this Dallas operation would have been as easy as pie for him.

The FBI, CIA and Secret Service were caught by surprise by this (unless you count a few rogue agents who were secret members of white-supremacist groups and could offer internal support).

Once it happened, though, the FBI and CIA immediately agreed that the truth could never come out during the Cold War -- because it would have led to Civil War and that would have been fatal to the USA during the Cold War. For National Security reasons, Lee Harvey Oswald had to take the fall.

That's my best guess today.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 1 year later...

If i were pressed for a guess today, I would say that the white-supremacist organizations in the South, led by two bitter losers, former FBI agent Guy Banister and resigned General Edwin Walker (the only US General to resign in the 20th century), could no longer tolerate the stress of the Civil Rights movement, and specifically JFK's Civil Rights speech of 11 June 1963.

Both Banister and Walker were strongly tied to white-supremacist groups in the South, including the White Citizens' Council, the Citizens' Council Forum, the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission, the Louisiana State Sovereignty Commission, the Minutemen, the John Birch Society, and many others.

The killing started the night of JFK's Civil Rights speech; with Medger Evers in Mississippi. Evers was the NAACP leader who supported James Meredith in being the first Black American to attend Ole Miss university in 1962, against the massive, violent protest of resigned General Edwin Walker. Walker led riots at Ole Miss in which hundreds were wounded and two were killed. I

Then, on 15 September 1963, a Baptist Church in Birmingham Alabma was bombed, killing three Black children inside. These killings mark the entry of the KKK into the action.

Although Cuban Exiles were invited to participate, they knew they were guests of the USA, and they needed a 'gringo' leader. Thus Guy Banister kept multiple squads of trained guerrillas at Lake Pontchartrain and invited nearby Minutemen and KKK to participate.

Ex-General Edwin Walker was linked to Guy Banister not only by the white-supremacy organizations listed above, but also by specific individuals in a Cuban raiding group named, Interpen, led by Gerry Patrick Hemming, and including Loran Hall and Larry Howard, to name a few. These people visited Ex-General Walker in his Dallas home.

Further, as a leader of the radical right in Dallas, Walker had many contacts in the Dallas Police Department (DPD). William Turner (1973) reports that KKK membership was a plus in applying for police work at the DPD. Thus, the white-supremacist element from Louisiana and Mississippi had allies in Dallas.

The final step was to arrange for the patsy. That was the main job of ex-General Walker, along with Loran Hall and Larry Howard (according to Harry Dean's eye-witness account) and was admitted by Gerry Patrick Hemming to A.J. Weberman (when Hemming admitted he offered Lee Harvey Oswald double the price for his Manlicher-Carcano rifle on the black market if he'd bring it to the TSBD building on 11/22/1963).

The sheep-dipping of Oswald involved a number of steps -- framing Oswald as an FPCC officer in New Orleans in newspapers, radio and TV -- getting Oswald to Mexico to convince him of the propriety of the actions used to manipulate him (which allegedly involved Guy Gabaldon, according to Harry Dean's eye-witness account) -- and getting Oswald back to Dallas.

Evidently, before the trip to Mexico, Loran Hall and Larry Howard (Leopoldo and Angelo) dropped by Sylvia Odio's home to seek funds -- not knowing that Odio had previously seen Oswald in Dallas making rightist speeches before Cuban Exiles. (Hall and Howard believed Oswald was at least a double-agent.)

In any case -- Oswald was framed by both Guy Banister and ex-General Walker, and both Banister and Walker had access to many paramilitary resources among the KKK, the Minutemen, and Cuban Exiles. Racist elements in the DPD would come in handy.

Ex-General Walker, who was a 'green beret' before the Green Berets were invented, was entirely capable of directing 10,000 men -- so to direct a few dozen men in this Dallas operation would have been as easy as pie for him.

The FBI, CIA and Secret Service were caught by surprise by this (unless you count a few rogue agents who were secret members of white-supremacist groups and could offer internal support).

Once it happened, though, the FBI and CIA immediately agreed that the truth could never come out during the Cold War -- because it would have led to Civil War and that would have been fatal to the USA during the Cold War. For National Security reasons, Lee Harvey Oswald had to take the fall.

That's my best guess today.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

[emphasis added by T. Graves]

Well, Word Twister, at least you admit you're just guessing!

LOL

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 4 months later...

It's also my opinion that the eye-witnesses left standing a half-century later are perhaps are most valuable resources in JFK research. I speak here of the following:

(1) Michael Paine

(2) Ruth Paine

(3) Sylvia Odio

(4) Larrie Schmidt

(5) Bernard Weissman

(6) Ron Lewis

(7) Harry Dean

These people are getting on in years, folks, so we ought to be mindful of their roles in US history.

It is fruitless, IMHO, to follow the current wave of opinion which just lumps all these people, and everybody else with any relation to the JFK murder, into the big vat called, "CIA Operative" and let it go at that. That's lazy thinking, IMHO.

We should clear out our ears and formulate fresh questions to ask these people yet again.

Among the first questions I would ask them ALL would be about Ex-General Edwin Walker, and the role that Walker played in the JFK saga from 1961 through 1963.

From the information we have on these people so far -- EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was aware of the presence of Ex-General Edwin Walker in the world of 1963.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 2 weeks later...

i doubt that one will get a truthful or complete answer on any assassination subject from the Paines.

You open a great question, David. Can anybody access the Paine's today?

I ask because after reviewing the literature, I find that NOBODY since the Warren Commission asked the Paines DIRECTLY about resigned Major General Edwin Walker.

It might be that they have only been waiting a half-century for somebody to ask them DIRECTLY about Walker.

I realize that the Warren Commission did ask -- and we did get some replies -- but there was no Cross-Examination, nor were there any PENETRATING questions asked on the topic, as I read it.

In fact when the topic comes to Edwin Walker, the Warren Commission attorneys often take the discussion OFF THE RECORD.

This makes sense in my theory -- the Warren Commission already knew that Edwin Walker's people were behind this, and they already took steps to neutralize them -- but never PUBLICLY.

Anyway -- back to the Paines. I believe that they would like to come clean about everything they know about Edwin Walker. But who will ask them?

Who will carefully go over the history of Edwin Walker from September 1962, when he planned and executed his attacks on the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, by starting a deadly race riot at Ole Miss on 30 September 1962 in which hundreds were wounded and two were killed?

When Walker was acquitted from his blame in this in January 1962, liberal engineers in Dallas were outraged.

In my reading, these liberal engineers included George De Mohrenschildt, Volkmar Schmidt and Michael Paine. All these men were in close contact with Lee Harvey Oswald during this period.

And who will carefully go over the history of Edwin Walker in Dallas in late October 1963, when he planned and executed his attacks on UN Ambassador Adlai Stevenson, in conformity to the John Birch Society dictum that the United Nations was COMMUNIST controlled? Who will carefully review with the Paines the fact that Edwin Walker and his people again walked away scot free from this outrage against basic rights in the USA?

There is far more to this story about Edwin Walker than we have heard from the Warren Commission. George DM and Volkmar Schmidt have passed away. Only the Paines remain from that group, to the best of my reading.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo