The Education Forum

The assassination reports of Pierce Allman WFAA-radio news

Paul Rigby

Why were they trying to get Allman to remember Oswald as the person who gave directions to the phone? To prove that Oswald was in the building, no...that is already a given, isn't it? Why, in this one instance, were they trying to prove Oswald correct, as opposed to the rest of his statements, which they were trying to disprove? I have to think on this one a while.

Now, if memory serves me right, didn't the guy(s) caught in the Dal-Tex building use the phone excuse as their reason for being in the Dal-Tex building?

"rather like a shotgun fired in a concrete chamber that reverberates" Concrete chamber...that reverberates. Perhaps that would be from a shot coming from near the overpass? Or, a shot from a semi-enclosed concrete area, such as near the pergola?

All in all, he strikes me as somewhat flaky.

The question isn't how many feet he ran, I acknowledge it is over 50 feet, but the question should be - how long did it take for Allman to get to the front door of the TSBD, where it is pretty much established that he ran into Oswald and asked him where he could get a phone.

Now what time was that? The Warren Report says it is 12:33 pm when Oswald exited the front door of the TSBD, even though there were many people around and people photographing and filming the front door and there isn't a photo or film of him exiting.

[...]

[emphasis added by T. Graves]

Bill,

That's an excellent question and that's why I'm trying to find out if Pierce Allman was captured on film running down the street of the Grassy Knoll towards the Newman family as he claimed he did, or, after speaking with Bill Newman (and hearing from him that JFK had been struck in the head), running up the Grassy Knoll with reporter Bob Jackson and thence (probably via the Elm St. Extension) to the TSBD to ask Oswald where the phone was, all of which he claimed to do. I mean, if Allman did all of this, shouldn't he have been caught in a photograph or film?

Unfortunately, nobody seems to know.

As you probably know, If Allman did everything he claimed he did, he may have gotten to the TSBD too late to have asked Oswald where the phone was, because Oswald (if Sean Murphy's theory is correct) may have already spoken briefly with Baker and Truly somewhere near the front entrance and / or gone upstairs to the second floor lunchroom to get a Coke. Or something like that.

Of course another way to look at it is that if Allman did interact with Oswald after doing all of that running around, then Oswald was there at or near the front door a lot later than a lot of us would want to admit, because it would tend to conform with the idea that Allman spoke with Oswald while Oswald was escaping from the TSBD.

So there's a lot at stake here.

But, unfortunately, nobody seems to know whether or not Allman was captured on film in the Grassy Knoll area right after the assassination.

If Allman (or to a lesser extent Ford and Jackson) wasn't captured on film during this critical period of time when so many photographs were being taken of the general area of the Grassy Knoll and Elm Street, then that would suggest to me that maybe Allman didn't do everything he claimed to do, and therefore might have arrived at the TSBD much sooner than we have been led to believe, and may have interacted with Oswald early enough to preclude the possibility that it was during the "great escape" by LHO.

But as I said, nobody seems to know if Pierce Allman (or sidekicks Terry Ford and / or Bob Jackson) were captured on film in the Grassy Knoll area right after the assassination.

Perhaps Robin Unger or Gary Mack or someone else will accept this not so veiled challenge to find and post photographic proof that Allman did what he claimed to have done.

And you know what would be a really cool bonus (or not)? A photo or film showing Allman and / or Ford standing near Howard Brennan, like Allman said they were, a short time before the shots rang out!

--Tommy :sun

bump

• 2 weeks later...

The question isn't how many feet he ran, I acknowledge it is over 50 feet, but the question should be - how long did it take for Allman to get to the front door of the TSBD, where it is pretty much established that he ran into Oswald and asked him where he could get a phone.

Now what time was that? The Warren Report says it is 12:33 pm when Oswald exited the front door of the TSBD, even though there were many people around and people photographing and filming the front door and there isn't a photo or film of him exiting.

[...]

[emphasis added by T. Graves]

Bill,

That's an excellent question and that's why I'm trying to find out if Pierce Allman was captured on film running down the street of the Grassy Knoll towards the Newman family as he claimed he did, or, after speaking with Bill Newman (and hearing from him that JFK had been struck in the head), running up the Grassy Knoll with reporter Bob Jackson and thence (probably via the Elm St. Extension) to the TSBD to ask Oswald where the phone was, all of which he claimed to do. I mean, if Allman did all of this, shouldn't he have been caught in a photograph or film?

Unfortunately, nobody seems to know.

As you probably know, If Allman did everything he claimed he did, he may have gotten to the TSBD too late to have asked Oswald where the phone was, because Oswald (if Sean Murphy's theory is correct) may have already spoken briefly with Baker and Truly somewhere near the front entrance and / or gone upstairs to the second floor lunchroom to get a Coke. Or something like that.

Of course another way to look at it is that if Allman did interact with Oswald after doing all of that running around, then Oswald was there at or near the front door a lot later than a lot of us would want to admit, because it would tend to conform with the idea that Allman spoke with Oswald while Oswald was escaping from the TSBD.

So there's a lot at stake here.

But, unfortunately, nobody seems to know whether or not Allman was captured on film in the Grassy Knoll area right after the assassination.

If Allman (or to a lesser extent Ford and Jackson) wasn't captured on film during this critical period of time when so many photographs were being taken of the general area of the Grassy Knoll and Elm Street, then that would suggest to me that maybe Allman didn't do everything he claimed to do, and therefore might have arrived at the TSBD much sooner than we have been led to believe, and may have interacted with Oswald early enough to preclude the possibility that it was during the "great escape" by LHO.

But as I said, nobody seems to know if Pierce Allman (or sidekicks Terry Ford and / or Bob Jackson) were captured on film in the Grassy Knoll area right after the assassination.

Perhaps Robin Unger or Gary Mack or someone else will accept this not so veiled challenge to find and post photographic proof that Allman did what he claimed to have done.

And you know what would be a really cool bonus (or not)? A photo or film showing Allman and / or Ford standing near Howard Brennan, like Allman said they were, a short time before the shots rang out!

--Tommy :sun

bump

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2511848/How-Lee-Harvey-Oswald-helped-reporter-telephone-chance-encounter-just-seconds-shot-JFK.html

Photograph of youthful Allman: anyone recognise him in any of the pre- and/or post-assassination photographs and/or film footage?

Credit to Richard Hocking & Mark Johansson:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20354&p=282299

I have thought for some time that Pierce Allman is the man on the Left of the Entrance porch in Willis 8 and Skaggs 12.

I think the 1963 picture of Pierce goes a long way to confirming that ID.

Look at the number 6 figure in this Crop of Willis 8:

willis08CropAnn_zpsa4df27f0.jpg

Thanks for that, Richard, and, yes, it does appear to be Allman. But why is he still on the steps leading to the TSBD? Shouldn't he have been on the phone within the building by this time?

Paul

• 7 months later...

What do you make of Allman's description of the sound of the first shot? He calls it a 'boom', and says it was not the typical sound of a rifle firing. While in some way it makes sense that the volume of sound being greater than a rifle might be because he is near the TSBD. I wonder whether what he really heard was the echo bouncing off the buildings of a shot from somewhere in front of the limo. I always thought the first shot hit JFK in the throat, delivered from the front. If that is true, then what he heard was an echo.

Geneva Hine gives a similar description, comparable to Pierce Allman's "boom".

An excerpt of her testimony to the Commission:

Mr. BALL Could you tell where the shots were coming from?

Miss HINE. Yes, sir; they came from inside the building.

Mr. BALL. How do you know that?

Miss HINE. Because the building vibrated from the result of the

explosion coming in.

Mr. BALL. Did you know they were shots at the time?

Miss HINE. Yes, sir; they sounded almost like cannon shots they were

so terrific.

Geneva was leaning out an East facing window above Houston St. I have speculated in the past that shot(s) fired from the Dal-Tex building would have reverberated essentially in an "echo chamber" between the Dal-Tex building and the TSBD.

Wow - that took a while. Yes, echoes should be considered, though I had not thought about the Dal-Tex building.