The Education Forum

Frankenstein Oswald

Mr. Parnell , you seem a very reasonable man would it be impertinent to ask for your CV ?? THANK You Steven Gaal

This is from the bio I provided when I joined the forum. I prefer not to put detailed information on the Internet as many security experts advise, I am not on Facebook etc. And no, I am not with the CIA.

I have been interested in the assassination of JFK since 1984 when I read Best Evidence. From 1998 to 2004, I was webmaster of the Lee Harvey Oswald Research Page, which is now archived at John McAdams site. I am a semi-retired musician (I perform in nursing homes) and live in western NY state.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Parnell , you seem a very reasonable man would it be impertinent to ask for your CV ?? THANK You Steven Gaal

This is from the bio I provided when I joined the forum. I prefer not to put detailed information on the Internet as many security experts advise, I am not on Facebook etc. And no, I am not with the CIA.

I have been interested in the assassination of JFK since 1984 when I read Best Evidence. From 1998 to 2004, I was webmaster of the Lee Harvey Oswald Research Page, which is now archived at John McAdams site. I am a semi-retired musician (I perform in nursing homes) and live in western NY state.

This question from a man who tried to use my bio against me - tried to accuse me of lying about it and is still to apologize. So why won't you tell him?

The key point with Landesberg is that they found something and tried to make it fit the scenario they had developed rather than letting the evidence guide them. And that is one of the problems with H&L is square pegs in round holes. There is always an alternate explanation for any of the discrepancies in the record other than the H&L theory.

The significance of the Landesberg saga is that his alleged relationship with Oswald occurred in late 1961 and early 1962 in New York City, when Classic Oswald was in the Soviet Union. Just as they did for Ralph Leon Yates in Dallas at about the same, Landesberg's legal and "mental" problems began in earnest when he told authorities he interacted with Oswald in one place at the same time Oswald clearly was clearly in a different place. In the Dec. 6, 1963 edition, The New York Times reported the Landesberg story under the headline "New Yorker is held for tricking FBI."
The Sept. 1996 edition of The Fourth Decade has a lengthy article about Landesberg which can be read here:

The "Marines to Minsk" page on the Harvey and Lee Website has just been revised to include new material on the 1959 "defection" photo. A total of three images show how the washed-out version of the "Frankenstein" image was published in the Ft. Worth newspaper, how Wide World Photos re-transmitted a much clearer version of the "Frankenstein" image, and how the clearer image would have appeared had it been used on the 1959 FWST newspaper article.

The images can be seen about three-quarters of the way down on this page:

http://harveyandlee.net/Marines/Marines.html

The key point with Landesberg is that they found something and tried to make it fit the scenario they had developed rather than letting the evidence guide them. And that is one of the problems with H&L is square pegs in round holes. There is always an alternate explanation for any of the discrepancies in the record other than the H&L theory.

The significance of the Landesberg saga is that his alleged relationship with Oswald occurred in late 1961 and early 1962 in New York City, when Classic Oswald was in the Soviet Union. Just as they did for Ralph Leon Yates in Dallas at about the same, Landesberg's legal and "mental" problems began in earnest when he told authorities he interacted with Oswald in one place at the same time Oswald clearly was clearly in a different place. In the Dec. 6, 1963 edition, The New York Times reported the Landesberg story under the headline "New Yorker is held for tricking FBI."
The Sept. 1996 edition of The Fourth Decade has a lengthy article about Landesberg which can be read here:

The Landesberg story would be significant if there were any evidence that he was with Oswald in 61-62. But the only evidence is Landesberg's own statement to the FBI made under an assumed name. The Village Voice followed Landesberg carefully and would have certainly noticed anyone working with him and especially a photographer, but there are no reports of that-only of a girl who seemed to be working with him at times. But anyone reading H&L would get a different impression. On page 380 of H&L Armstrong says:

"Stephen Yves L’Eandes (aka Steve Landesberg), who had recently appeared on New York radio programs to uphold the concept of segregation, was in the audience along with Earl Perry and Lee Oswald, who had a camera."

His source is a Village Voice article, but when you check the article there is nothing about Oswald, Perry or a camera. As I point out in my article, Armstrong's whole treatment of Landesberg in H&L is bizarre and incorrect.

And Landesberg was crazy-if anyone doubts that they can go to the Armstrong files and find the 11 page document which Armstrong uncovered himself that describes this in detail. His mental problems had certainly begun well before 1963-at least by 1957 and perhaps before. And his legal problems only began when he lied to the FBI and they found out about it. And anyone postulating that there is anything else to the story must (as is the case with so many other areas in the JFK case) be talking about fraud, faked evidence etc.

Lurkers are invited to see my article and judge for yourself. There are links in the endnotes to the documents.

http://wtracyparnell.com/the-hoaxster-and-the-conspiracy-theorists/

Jim,

A question-this is for the list of who was involved in the H&L plot that I am working on. Who was responsible for getting the photo to the FWST? Did the plotters have someone inside the newspaper or was it the CIA or FBI? // PARNELL

================================

PARKER HAS BROTHER ROBERT DO DOCK INVESTIGATION WORK THUS PUTTING HIM IN POTENTIAL CONTACT WITH ONI (you may have seen my Ferrie -Navy connections).

Ferrie's first CAP base was a Navy base, post assassination Ferrie connected to 'private' firm doing Marine personnel transport.

== PARKER THEORY >>>>>>>> BROTHER ROBERT GAVE PHOTO TO NEWSPAPER, GAAL (DID ONI HAVE A AP CONNECTION ?? Ft. Worth had General Dynamics and Navy very large contracts)

Edited by Steven Gaal

It's pretty much spelled out in the book.

I located a copy of Lee Oswald's photo in the archives of the Fort Worth Star­-Telegram. There was no notation as to the origin or source of this photo, yet it was pub­lished in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram only one day after Oswald's "defection." When I asked for a copy of the photo, I was told to get in touch with Wide World Photos, Rockefeller Plaza, New York City. I wrote a letter and asked Wide World Pho­tos if they knew the source of the photo. They responded and said they did not know the source of the photo. So, how did the Fort Worth Star-Telegram get this photo only one day after Oswald's "defection."

The photo of Lee Oswald that appeared in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on November 1, 1959 appeared again in the November 26th issue of the Evening Star, in Washington D.C. This time the photo was credited to the Associated Press (AP), yet they claim to have no record of it's origin. The origin of this photo, published within 24 hours of Aline Mosby's interview with Oswald in Moscow, remains unknown.

NOTE: Once again information about Oswald, in this case a photo, was given to the media by an unidentified source only one day after his "defection." The most likely source was a CIA media asset.

--H&L 272-273

Here we see the absurdity of it all. Because someone said they saw Oswald somewhere, it must be true. In fact, that appears to be the whole MO with Armstrong.

So the health issues in the Marines were a pack of lies?

The "Marines to Minsk" page on the Harvey and Lee Website has just been revised to include new material on the 1959 "defection" photo. A total of three images show how the washed-out version of the "Frankenstein" image was published in the Ft. Worth newspaper, how Wide World Photos re-transmitted a much clearer version of the "Frankenstein" image, and how the clearer image would have appeared had it been used on the 1959 FWST newspaper article.

The images can be seen about three-quarters of the way down on this page:

http://harveyandlee.net/Marines/Marines.html

Jim,

A question-this is for the list of who was involved in the H&L plot that I am working on. Who was responsible for getting the photo to the FWST? Did the plotters have someone inside the newspaper or was it the CIA or FBI? // PARNELL

================================

PARKER HAS BROTHER ROBERT DO DOCK INVESTIGATION WORK THUS PUTTING HIM IN POTENTIAL CONTACT WITH ONI (you may have seen my Ferrie -Navy connections).

Ferrie's first CAP base was a Navy base, post assassination Ferrie connected to 'private' firm doing Marine personnel transport.

== PARKER THEORY >>>>>>>> BROTHER ROBERT GAVE PHOTO TO NEWSPAPER, GAAL (DID ONI HAVE A AP CONNECTION ?? Ft. Worth had General Dynamics and Navy very large contracts)

Wrong. John Pic worked for the Port Security Unit - the intelligence unit of the Coast Guard - when Lee and Marguerite moved to New York, The navy now admits that this unit destroyed more innocent people than any other similar program.

Robert was interviewed for the story by the FW ST and gave them a photo of himself. It would be standard practice to ask for a photo also of the subject of the story,

Does anyone here really think "Frankenstein Oswald" is a picture of the guy killed by Jack Ruby?

C'mon, men! Tell us how you think "Frankenstein Oswald" is just the spittin' image of our boy!!

First YOU tell us how YOU think the Frankenstein image is the spittin' image of YOUR "Lee Harvey Oswald" since it is YOUR claim that Frankenstein was created for the EXPRESS purpose of fooling those who knew your "Lee Harvey Oswald" in FW.

And if it was MADE for that purpose, why was it never USED for that purpose? In fact, why was it never published or used by anyone ever - EXCEPT by you, White and Armstrong?

And if there was such a need to FOOL the good burghers of FW, why was the paper allowed to use a very clear, untouched version of the photo for the RETURN story in '62?

And finally, why is there no apology in your updated story for 2 decades of misrepresentations surrounding the Frankenstein image - which is not only nothing like the historic Oswald - it is also not a good portrayal of the actual image being pasted over?

Edited by Greg Parker

Here we see the absurdity of it all. Because someone said they saw Oswald somewhere, it must be true. In fact, that appears to be the whole MO with Armstrong.

So the health issues in the Marines were a pack of lies?

Absolutely right Greg, every sighting is an opportunity for them. Of course, they have to accept a certain number of these sightings because "Harvey" and "Lee" have to be in different places for the theory to seem to work at all. I believe that Armstrong only used Landesberg because he spent so much time and money on it. If I were the H&L gang, I would forget about Landesberg though because it really is a dead end. The guy had problems and that is obvious from the documents in Armstrong's own files, especially the 11 page document detailing the severity of his condition.