The Education Forum

John Profumo, Bobby Baker and JFK

John Simkin

There was also freshman senator from NJ named Harrison Williams. He would later become embroiled in the ABSCAM scandal of the 70s. He left the senate in disgrace. He had shown great promise. Good looking, great speaking voice.

The FBI set up "Abdul Enterprises, Ltd." in 1978. FBI employees posed as Middle Eastern businessmen in videotaped talks with government officials, where they offered money in return for political favors to a non-existent sheikh. It was interesting that Williams was targeted by the FBI. At the time he was considered to be one of the most left-wing senators in Washington. At his trial he claimed he was targeted because of his close relationship with Ted Kennedy who he was supporting to become the Democratic presidential candidate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an interesting phone-call with Mandy Rice-Davies today. However, she was unable to provide me with any information on the Bobby Baker call-girl operation. What she did say was that Stephen Ward's defence team appeared to want him to be convicted as she was not asked the questions in the witness-box that would have shown that he was not living off her immoral earnings. The question remains - who was behind the conspiracy to get Ward convicted? We know that MI5 was part of the conspiracy. We also know that Chief Inspector Samuel Herbert was bribed to set-up Ward. But why?

Mandy Rice-Davies, one of the key figures in the Profumo Scandal, has sent me this statement that she wishes to be published on this forum:

Regina v Ward was undoubtedly one of the most vindictively rigged trials of the 20th Century. The Macmillan government, plagued throughout their office by spy cases, were eager to shift the security aspects of the Profumo business out of the spotlight. Aristocratic by nature and clinging to the old values of a swiftly vanishing past, they cast about for lessor, more expendable mortals on who to pin the blame.

The establishment aimed their arrows at Stephen Ward and a couple of teenage girls who were doing nothing more than chasing a good time. The police with Machiavellian cunning threw in a couple of known prostitutes to muddy the waters.

Three days after Profumo confessed and resigned, Stephen Ward was arrested and a case that barely had legs to stand on was dragged kicking and screaming into court.

Ward may have been a man with lax moral standards and uncertain principles, but other than a few muddled insinuations from the priggish prosecution no evidence was produced to show that Stephen Ward was a pimp. There is no doubt that had Ward not committed suicide, the case would have been dismissed on appeal.

In regard to myself, the worst I could be accused of is bad judgment and a healthy libido. I was only eighteen years old when the storm broke and after getting on with the rest of my life 1963 still casts a shadow. However a scandal is a scandal whatever the outcome and there will always be those who for personal gain or simple spite will try to distort the truth.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/SPYdavies.htm

• 8 years later...

John Simkin opened this thread with the following:

In the early 1960s the KGB was involved in a “honey trap” operation involving politicians based in London and Washington. This operation was identified by the intelligence agencies in both countries. However, instead of breaking up the operation, the intelligence agencies decided to use this information in order to manipulate these politicians.