The Education Forum

James Files

I wouldn't describe Lepke Buchalter and Arthur Flegenheimer as morons, and the real architects of the coalition of the mob with the FEDS, government and the CIA were Luciano's friends Frank Costello and Meyer Lansky. But Luciano took a lot of their credit being the boss. Costello's nickname was "The politician" and he was good buddies with J. Edgar Hoover. Costello was also Carlos Marcello's mentor.

Lansky put Chauncey Holt as an accountant in the International Rescue Committee, which he operated together with the CIA, most likely for money laundering and drugs trafficking. If you think about it, that's an ideal cover for these activities.

Wim

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shanet,

"Wim had posted the long defense for Files six months ago. I brought it back to the top, a lot of (shakey) people got involved and then John Simkin stated his position."

Unfortunate that you refer to certain people as "shakey" when they don't believe a particular pet theory.

"Wim and I have been emailing backchannell from georgia to Holland about this. John is very hesitant to blame Dallas on organized crime. He is absolutely right. Mafia themes are so 1977, a red herring as Jack White says..."

You agree with Wim on the Files/Mafia involvement, then say John is right and agree that Mafia involvement is a "red herring". Your statements are conflicting. What do you believe?

"Jimmy Files, the Dal-tex(or county records) shooter who I have always thought was Frank Fiorini Sturgis and possibly a good third triangulation shooter from the south knoll (Hunt) avulsing the right rear skull with a left frontal shot."

If you did some hard core research, you wouldn't think that Sturgis or Hunt were shooters. Hunt wasn't a killer, he was a planner. He was the brains behind many CIA operations, and was pretty much solely responsible for the Guatemalan coup in 1954. And he accomplished this without as much as firing a single shot in anger(few other people did for that matter). More than likely IMO, Sturgis drove the hit team and weapons to Dallas from Miami. I tend to agree with the Marita Lorenz version, although the "Oswald" she spoke of was likely an imposter, such as Steve Wilson. Gerry Hemmings confirmed the Miami to Dallas caravan, but says he wasn't in one of the cars.

RJS

RJS,

Shanet says uses the words "I thought"and "possibly" for his speculations. I agree that Hunt and Sturgis were prabably not shooters, but everyone is entiltled to his opinions. The difference between you and Shanet though, is that Shanet is open to change them, based on new information.

Speaking of new information, have you listened to those interviews with Ed Haslam? Maybe it will change your opinion on Judyth Baker. Or are you going to prove my point?

Wim

Shanet, thanks for the open mind. You should know that I will always defend vigorously three men and one woman: Tosh Plumlee, Chauncey Holt, and James Files, despite the fact that these men are/were somewhat sceptical of each other's stories, which already proves they are not working together. The woman is Judyth Baker.  And one should keep in mind that  no matter how credible evidence is in this case, there will ALWAYS be attackers, "debunkers" and discreditors, some intentional, some unintentional, some is parrot behaviour.  I have a rule of thumb here: The more  assaults a story recieves in this case, the more you should be interested.

Very dubious advice. Especially when most of the attacks on the James Files’ story have been made by experienced JFK researchers. For example, could you list the names of the researchers who believe James Files.

John

Maybe you should first give me your list of what you consider to be experienced JFK researchers.

are Posner, Mack, Perry, Vernon, Zack Shelton, Joe West, Blakey, Dale Meyers on it?

Marrs, Groden, Dale-Scott, Fetzer, Epstein?

I have been studying the case myself since 1988. Do I qualify?

Also, would anyone of the Warren Commission qualify as experienced JFK researcher?

Wim

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

I do not believe for a moment that organized crime was anyway involved in the assassination of JFK. (Although I do accept that people like John Martino might have been recruited to take part in menial jobs such as the movement of money to the assassins).

John,

What was Eugene Hale Brading aka Jim Braden doing in the Dal-Tex Building, acting suspiciously enough to get arrested? He may have been doing some menial job, but he was right there at the scene of the crime.

Why did the Mafia-connected local gangster Jack Ruby make unusual phone calls, in the days leading up to the assassination, to Hoffa and Marcello lieutenants in Chicago and New Orleans, as well as to long-lost friend McWillie etc?

Who ordered Ruby to eliminate Oswald, in broad daylight if necessary? Only someone with total control over him could give such an order. Dallas was in Marcello's territory.

There is not one example of organized crime killing a prominent politician. Why? Because they knew this would result in increasing the determination of politicians to wipe them out.

JFK was different for a couple of reasons. One, he had been dealing with the Mafia, in particular Giancana, even sleeping with the don's girlfriend, while Bobby was trying to put them all in jail. JFK brought himself down to their level, and the Kennedys were being unbelievably two-faced.

Second, there was no danger of political reprisal against the Mafia for participating in the assassination, because they had already been working with the people involved, it was a covert government operation. The Mafia knew it was safe.

In 1963 JFK posed no real threat to organized crime.

On the contrary his brother was on a crusade against organized crime. Bobby had Marcello virtually kidnapped, taking him out of the country and dumping him in Guatemala. Marcello wanted vengeance bad, and would hardly pass up a chance to help the government get rid of John and Bobby. And when Oswald needed to be offed, it looks like Marcello took care of it.

The Mafia had no power to cover up the conspiracy. That was up to the government. But Mafia had the means, motives, and opportunity to participate in the killing. It was already in league with the CIA in assassination plots, gun running, and what-not.

The details of the Dallas hit, in terms of who was given what assignments among CIA, Mafia, and right-wing operatives, Cuban exiles, corrupt cops, etc., we'll probably never know. It was no small conspiracy, and there is evidence that even people who may not have directly participated went to Dallas just to be there.

Ron

This is very cheap in my view. First you shout Files is bogus and "utter hogwash", then you refuse to answer any questions or backup your claims, hiding behind a vague allegation that you already did that. In order to check it you advise people to plough through Lancer Archives where your "case" against Files is buried.

Well, this is another forum, some of us here do not even like to be on Lancer. So why do you refuse to discuss the evidence, which is exactly what this forum is for, on a topic you started YOURSELF?? Besides, what I recall is that your disbelief of Files was mainly centered around the thesis that the gun that Files claims to have used was not capable of doing the the job. A thesis that has been flatly refuted by gun experts.

Wim,

Do you wish to go over this again on the XP-100? When I challenged you on Lancer, you ran to this forum and selectively posted my posts here and used your so-called experts to refute me. Sounds like a confident man to me. After all, what do I know, I am only a law enforcement firearms instructor and weapons armorer. Doesn't matter that I am an armorer for Remington and have test fired the XP-100 on numerous occasions. And I won't both with my military background as enough already know about it. I also loved how you referred to me as a Motorcycle cop from California. Great research, considering I not only told you my background and department but also gave you the link to the my department website that had a page on me. Never owned a motorcycle and have only visited California. Other than that, you are correct that I am a law enforcement officer. I guess it is consistent with your research that it only has to be partially correct.

Let me know if you want to take up where we left off on the XP-100 issue.

Al

No Al, I did not ran to this forum. I'm still at Lancer at times. I realized that you will never be convinced the other way, because you're so prejudiced on Files, just like no one will ever be able to make Gerald Posner admit it was a conspiracy. So I see no merit in discussing this any further with you. The points have been made clear at both sides, so there was nothing left than to agree to disagree.

You describe Files as a punk, a thug, a nobody, a scumbag, I can't remember all of the names, but it is clear that you're locked in into your opinion.

You centered your denounciation of Files around a technical monologue about ballistics, recoil, marksmanship, velocity etcetera, from which we have to conclude that the XP-100 could not have done the job as Files described it. That is your prerogative. Others say that the XP-100 was perfect for the job. But you may believe what you want.

Wim

For example, critics said that the weapon Files claimed to have used was more a pistol than a rifle and would have had an enormous recoil. They said it "kicks like a mule". Therefore, Files could never have seen what he claimed he had witnessed through the scope of his weapon. I sent an email to one of the gun shops I found on the Internet. I acted as a potential customer and asked whether the Remington Fireball was a pleasant weapon to fire. That man stated the weapon was one of the most sophisticated guns ever made, etc. When I inquired about the recoil he said it was nice and steady. Ultimately, I told him why I asked. He was quite amused and said that the alleged murder weapon of Lee Harvey Oswald had a lot more recoil than the Fireball. He added that whoever said that the XP-100 had substantial recoil had a lot to learn about firearms.

Files was also criticized with the allegation that the XP-100 was not available in 1963 and that the rounds used for this weapon were not a .222 caliber but rather .221. I found both accusations to be untrue. The weapon was introduced in 1963 and prototypes were available as early as 1962. The weapon was originally chambered for .222 rounds. To learn more about the Remington XP-100 Fireball click here.

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/fireball1.htm

Here are some exchanges from an Internet discussion board:

Is the James Files story true? The weapon in question, a combination pistol-rifle would have been absolutely perfect for the short dimensions of Dealey Plaza. Especially concealment after the Assassination. Many witnesses thought a pistol had been fired/An Explosion had occurred. The location from which Files allegedly fired has been verified by Donald Thomas, the HSCA, and a peer reviewed British Science publication. Clearly there is a figure there in that precise spot in the Moorman Photo just to our right of a large tree the person is crouched with a possible barrel resting between the picket fence line....Jeff

It's possible that James Files story is "close" to the truth. The ammo available for the old 221 fireball was rifle ammo........The barrel of the Fireball pistol was too short to allow the slow burning rifle powder to burn completely. Consequently the unburned powder ignited when it hit the air at the muzzle....creating a hell of a boom and a fireball.... Recall that nearly all of the witnesses said they thought the loud "boom" was a railroad torpedo, a motorcycle backfire, or a cannon they had heard at football games.

Some folks say there is a fireball visible in some photos and several witnesses said they saw smoke on the G.K,

The wound on JFK's head is typical of the damage a Fireball pistol would inflict on a human head....

All of this tends to support James Files story that a Fireball pistol was one of the weapons used.

Walt

And here is an opinion of a gunstore-owner:

If as the official records claim, Lee Harvey Oswald is the shooter of JFK, the rifle that was "recovered" in the depository was a Manlicher bolt action rifle. It shoots a 6.5 mm cartridge, more powerful than the .223 win/5.56 NATO or the .221 Rem Fireball. Recoil from that rifle with the military loading is slightly less than the .308 win/7.62 Nato. Never have I seen in print (anywhere) that JFK was shot with a handgun. Whomever is telling you that a .221 fireball kicks "like a mule" and "harder than any rifle", apparently is regurgitating information that he/she has heard somewhere.

The fireball was introduced in a bolt action hand gun in 1962 (not a pistol), and propelled a 50 gr bullet in the 2600-2700 fps range. I'd even be picky enough to tell you that someone who calls an Remington XP100 a "pistol" has a lot more to learn about firearms than they are going to by reading internet conspiricy theories. Felt recoil from a typical 4lb6oz handgun will be in the 5 to 7 lb range. Compare this to a typical 30-06 rifle (180 gr bullet) at 19 lbs, and you'll wonder how big this person's mule really is.

Dan

And the view of another gun-expert:

I found the .222 version to be quite manageable with one hand, having no more recoil than my .44 magnum, and in a 2 handed combat stance it can thread a needle at 150 yards. Up to those ranges, the Fireball would by a perfect choice for an assassination weapon if portability and concealability were at issue.

With Regard,

John Ritchson (SSGT. 499th TC USATC HG US Army Class of 69) (GunSmith/Ballistician,Black Eagle Gun Works) (Survivor, SE Asian Games, 11BRAVO7,Tet 1970) To read a more extensive and excellent article by John Ritchson click here.

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

Wim,

What if Files (or a non-existent twin) was in Chicago at the time of the assassination? I don't think you've covered that issue.

Ron

Al,

It's great to see you here. For those that don't know, Al and I spent the better part of 6 months debating Wim on the Files issue at Lancer. Wim seems to have selective memory loss regarding that debate, and now wants to start all over again here. I'm waiting for the information that was lost at Lancer due to a major server crash a few months ago. The administrator has indicated that all or most of the lost info is recoverable, so I'm hoping to post links to the multitude of threads involving that debate. Right now, those threads are missing from the Lancer archives(at least I couldn't find them). As I said in a previous post, when Wim couldn't prove his point about Files' complicity in the assassination, he resorted to personal attacks on Al and myself. If I recall, out of all the people associated with Lancer and its forum, only 4 bought Wim's story, and they were Files backers from the start anyway(NE, PR, DM, and at the time of the debate, BV).

Al, IMO(and those of your friends at Lancer), your expertise in ballistics, firearms, and law enforcement issues is second to none. While we have disagreed on some issues, you're a top shelf expert in your field, and a pretty darn good researcher to boot. I'm sure the people here at this forum will appreciate your expertise, as I have for several years.

Richard

Sure I did. There's a lot of lying going on around Files by established characters:

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/epstein.htm

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/letters.htm

J.F. letter to P.J. May 28, 1999

Like I said in my other letter, Ive read very little on the Kennedy assassination, as everyone was doing a lot of guessing. Besides, what I didnt say about the Kennedy assassination would fill a book. But you must understand, I was doing my best to protect a lot of people and also, not give them enough to hang me. As long as I was just talking, I knew I would never go to trial, as they would not want to make the Warren Commission look dumb. But, should I give them everything Ive got put away, then I would force them to put me on trial and that my dear, is not in my best interest. I want to get out, not stay in the joint forever. Bob Vernon did everything in the world to get me indicted. He even sent confidential information to a federal judge in Texas. I think his name was Carver. Ive got it with all my legal material. Anyway, Bob was sending him all these letters and he was sending it on to Washington D.C., and there a friend of mine ran across them and he made copies and sent them to Chicago. Then they were hand delivered to me late one night. They had been shrunk down in size, that I had to take them to work and put them under this big magnifying glass in order to read them. Let me tell you, I was shocked and very ticked off at Bob Vernon over how he had betrayed me. Kennedy was one thing, as I never worried about that. But there were other things I didnt want the Department of Justice to know about. It just got me really ticked off at how hard he tried to get me indicted. Oh well, my fault for trusting him. I dont know if I told you this before or not, but Joe West died not knowing that I was one of the shooters. He never knew that I was the one behind the fence. When Joe died, I was relieved; I thought it was all over with. But then I let Bob Vernon talk me into helping out Mrs. West so she would have the money to pay off the hospital bills that Joe left her with. She was broke and hurting, so I agreed. e.

Ill try to send you something Bob wrote me and the background, all researched by the Dept. of Defense. It goes all the way back to the Bay of Pigs.

The Kroll Agency tried everything they could to discredit me. One story they put out was that I couldnt have been in Dallas that day, as my wife was giving birth to our daughter that day. When I was asked about it, I said yes, I was at the hospital that day. But that means Kennedy was not assassinated until September 26, 1966. I said that is the day my daughter was born, go check the hospital records. That ended that.

A lot of people said I was too young to kill anyone at that time. I told them that I dont remember seeing old men out on the battlefield during combat. In Nam all I saw were a lot of young kids dying, ages between 17 and 21 years of age.

Also, I cannot for the life of me, see a man fire a weapon, a rifle, like the man Ed Hoffman said he saw, throw it to someone else, while he runs off. If they catch this other guy with the rifle, whats keeping him from telling on the one who pulled the trigger? I would never give a weapon to anyone that I had just used, to trust them to get rid of it. That is plain stupid.

Then we had another "expert" on organized crime killings say that when a mob-hit went down, there were usually 12 to 15 guys involved. That is really stupid. Most of the time its a two man hit team. After Charles Nicolettis death, I preferred to work alone. That way there is no chance that someone can later on turn against you. Thats like the ol man from here in Chicago, Lenny Patrick, who told stories about me whacking people. He never saw anything and I never told him anything. He was only repeating stories that had been told around town. All hearsay!!! Anyway, the Feds are talking about indicting me for something that happened in Pennsylvania back in the 70s, but they dont have a case. They have a federal retainer on me right now, which means, once Im released from the state, theyll come and pick me up. But they can only hold me for 90 days, as I will file for a fast and speedy trial act. Besides, if I was a nobody, why did the Feds chase me for so long and spend so much money trying to put me away? Then when they did get me, for a minor crime, why was I hammered so hard, for so much time? My federal number is 892787-024 and my federal case # is 66945E and I was released from Oxford FCI in 1988.

Jimmy

Mr. Dankbaar,

I've been doing searches on Files and found a website by Kenneth A. Rahn centered on the 1994 interview. He points out several things eliminated from your transcript of the interview on jfkmurdersolved. Omissions are shown in brackets. Maybe you could re-add these.

G

Edited by Gibson Vendettuoli

I've been doing searches on Files and found a website by Kenneth A. Rahn centered on the 1994 interview. He points out several things eliminated from your transcript of the interview on jfkmurdersolved. Omissions are shown in brackets. Maybe you could re-add these.

------------------------------

Gibson,

That transcript was made by my predecessor. From the looks of it , he left out some remarks and words that were irrelevant in his view. I do not see a problem for the significant contents of the interview. Besides, there is always the video original. Mr. Rahn is also one of those people devoted to discredit James Files. Apparently there are some researchers and institutions, who find it important that James Files is portrayed as non-credible. That includes the FBI.

Wim

The bad thing about it is, some of the things that were eliminated were errors on Files' part and what appeared to be your predecessor coaching him in what to say or how to say it.

Now don't get me wrong, Mr. Dankbaar, I have some respect for the Files story because it was the first sane explanation for the JFK assassination besides the lone nut theory that I have heard of. Then I turned up the errors John Stockwell pointed out and the omissions, changes, and additions to and from the older transcript that Ken Rahn pointed out and now I'm a little curious.

Bob Vernon popped up (after trying to negotiate a deal to get "JFK MURDER SOLVED: THE PROOF" released on DVD and online) saying that Jim Files was a hoax and that he had the ultimate proof. Now it's turned into a mini-series determined to prove that a variety of people claiming to be involved in any way with the JFK assassination are hoaxes or myths.

It confuses people, including me, so I'm just looking for some solid facts.

G