The Education Forum

Dick Russell's On The Trail of the JFK Assassins

Was Edwin Collins Angelo? What does Gaeton Fonzi and Dick Russell think about this?
What are your current views on the Silvia Odio incident?

I have never heard that Edwin Collins was "Angelo." My views on the Odio incident are basically unchanged from what I've written - it was part of the set-up of Oswald, which does not mean it was not a "second Oswald" who was present with Angel and Leopoldo.

I just wanted to let you know, Mr Russell, that I have read dozens of books on the assassination of JFK, and that your most recent book in it's own context, surpasses The Man Who Knew Too Much. I came away with several things from the book, but I don't want to insert myself into a Question and Answer format, so I will simply say that the material on Castillo alone was both extremely illuminating, and I thought literally contained leads, if he was really in Dallas that day, instead of being programmed to say he was in Dallas that day. I am sure you realize my point.

One last thing I thought I would share with you, is regarding ostensibly a decade later version of Luis Castillo, that is mentioned on the website serendipity and in Weberman and Canfield's book regarding someone circa 1972 named Larry Trackman, who, also was allegedly trying to assassinate Ferdinand Marcos.

What I discovered was....

Lawrence Trackman, [next paragraph is spelled as Truckman] identified as "an American adventurer" by the Rome newspaper "Il Messaggero," 1972 no date included.They report Trackman was arrested in Manila, Phillipines because of his alleged involvement in an assassination plot against Ferdinand Marcos. He told interviewers that Kennedy was "The victim of a plot by 15 Cuban and American mercenaries enlisted for the Bay of Pigs invaison." The group could have been Interpen-IAB.......Truckman was allegedly under the influence of sodium pentothat at the time.

The text above is what appeared in the 1993 update by Weberman/Canfield page 149 no footnote reference

Also See

http://www.serendipi...smith_chron.htm

Since there was no footnote in Weberman's book regarding Lawrence Trackman, I continued to look, and today I did find something in the files at maryferrell.org under the category of Angelo Bruno a document dated Jan 13, 1964 contains a list of persons making telephone calls from the New York City telephone number

TN 7-8670, which is listed to System Merchandise Corporation, 19 West 44th Street in New York City.

On June 25th 1963 first name not listed last name Yetman, apparently placed a call to Larry Trackman in Buenos Aries, Argentina tel number 414031. * While I would definitely not assume the two names are the same person, conversely, I would not assume they weren't. Further complicating matters is at the end of the document there is another spelling of said person, this time Larry Tractman.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=74 *

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=1

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...sPageId=1348086

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=85

The Buenos Aries telephone number kind of shocked me......

Have you ever heard the story regarding Trackman?

Thank you Mr. Howard for your kind words about my work. I came across the Larry Truckman story back-in-the-day, but was unable to ferret out anything more about it. I think there was an article in 1975 on AP.

At some point, this listing from the 1964 Dallas Residential WhIte Pages (May 1964) may be of interest.

A note here, as far as research for 1963 phone numbers in Dallas goes. The perfect information

database would be the above and the 1963 Dallas Residential WhIte Pages.

Although it sounds strange, the 1964 Directory is preferable as a source to myself

because it is the source that is after the assassination and not before, and

is within 7 months of November 1963, whereas the 1963 Directory is 6 months

before; to each his own.

page 146

Castillo Luis E 2712 Raleigh Pl LA 6-5065

page 811

Vega Frank 5145 Miller Ave. TA 7-5235

Vega Helen 3114 Conklin RI 8-1705

Vega John 2315 Hondo LA 8-4496

Vega John Nick Mrs. 4226-B Cole Ave. LA 1-0167

Vega, Mary Jessie 2705 Louise HA 1-9737

Vega, Nicholas 2816 Dawson St HA 1-9739

Vega Pablo 2705 Louise HA 1-9737

Vega Roy 2705 Louise HA 1-9737

Vega Santiago 3114 Conklin RI 8-1705

There are a lot of Castillo's.

Seriously, I would rather have access

to whatever phone numbers

agency documents had for Castillo,

or relatives circa 63-67 in the

Continental US.

I doubt the Luis Castillo

would have even wanted

to have his name in a phone book period

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Edwin Collins Angelo? What does Gaeton Fonzi and Dick Russell think about this?

I have never heard that Edwin Collins was "Angelo." My views on the Odio incident are basically unchanged from what I've written - it was part of the set-up of Oswald, which does not mean it was not a "second Oswald" who was present with Angel and Leopoldo.

I just wanted to let you know, Mr Russell, that I have read dozens of books on the assassination of JFK, and that your most recent book in it's own context, surpasses The Man Who Knew Too Much. I came away with several things from the book, but I don't want to insert myself into a Question and Answer format, so I will simply say that the material on Castillo alone was both extremely illuminating, and I thought literally contained leads, if he was really in Dallas that day, instead of being programmed to say he was in Dallas that day. I am sure you realize my point.

One last thing I thought I would share with you, is regarding ostensibly a decade later version of Luis Castillo, that is mentioned on the website serendipity and in Weberman and Canfield's book regarding someone circa 1972 named Larry Trackman, who, also was allegedly trying to assassinate Ferdinand Marcos.

Lawrence Trackman, [next paragraph is spelled as Truckman] identified as "an American adventurer" by the Rome newspaper "Il Messaggero," 1972 no date included.They report Trackman was arrested in Manila, Phillipines because of his alleged involvement in an assassination plot against Ferdinand Marcos. He told interviewers that Kennedy was "The victim of a plot by 15 Cuban and American mercenaries enlisted for the Bay of Pigs invaison." The group could have been Interpen-IAB.......Truckman was allegedly under the influence of sodium pentothat at the time.

The text above is what appeared in the 1993 update by Weberman/Canfield page 149 no footnote reference

Also See

Since there was no footnote in Weberman's book regarding Lawrence Trackman, I continued to look, and today I did find something in the files at maryferrell.org under the category of Angelo Bruno a document dated Jan 13, 1964 contains a list of persons making telephone calls from the New York City telephone number

TN 7-8670, which is listed to System Merchandise Corporation, 19 West 44th Street in New York City.

On June 25th 1963 first name not listed last name Yetman, apparently placed a call to Larry Trackman in Buenos Aries, Argentina tel number 414031. * While I would definitely not assume the two names are the same person, conversely, I would not assume they weren't. Further complicating matters is at the end of the document there is another spelling of said person, this time Larry Tractman.

Thank you Mr. Howard for your kind words about my work. I came across the Larry Truckman story back-in-the-day, but was unable to ferret out anything more about it. I think there was an article in 1975 on AP.

At some point, this listing from the 1964 Dallas Residential WhIte Pages (May 1964) may be of interest.

A note here, as far as research for 1963 phone numbers in Dallas goes. The perfect information

Although it sounds strange, the 1964 Directory is preferable as a source to myself

before; to each his own.

page 146

page 811

Continental US.

would have even wanted

Hey Robert,

Just a note to let you know that I'm following you down this alley.

I don't know where its going, but I'm following you.

BtW, I was warned twice not to follow up on Luis Castillo, but

tell me to sit down and I stand up.

bk

BK

Also See

before; to each his own.

page 146

page 811

Continental US.

would have even wanted

Hey Robert,

bk

BK

Thanks Bill.

Regarding your comments, in a way, its hard to believe that some people are so intimidated by the search for truth.

On the other hand, its not so hard to believe at all.

Also See

before; to each his own.

page 146

page 811

Continental US.

would have even wanted

Hey Robert,

bk

BK

Thanks Bill.

Regarding your comments, in a way, its hard to believe that some people are so intimidated by the search for truth.

On the other hand, its not so hard to believe at all.

And I feel the same way, no goose-stepping creeps are going to scare me into staying within the lines.

An FBI Report regarding Robert Ray McKeown mentions that although the following activities did not fall under

FBI jurisdiction, information passed on to the Alcohol Tax Unit and the Bureau of Internal Revenue

had continued the investigation and charged with conspiracy "to smuggle guns and related equipment to Cuba"

Robert Ray McKeown and among others

Dr Carlos Prio Socarras......

R. Castillo, 34 male resident of Miami, Florida

citizen of the United States by naturalization.

Pedro Luis Chaviano Reyes, also known as

Luis Chaviano, F. Castillo, Gilbert Pawtoja,

male 44, resident of Miami, Florida, citizen of Cuba.

see CD 797

http://www.maryferre...195&relPageId=5

Although I found an RIF Page Only, and I do not know if there is anything on this guy, I did some checking

FBI DOCUMENTS RE FERNANDO ALONSO CASTILLO AND OTHER ACTIVITIES WITH CU

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=64936

And found

Miami Herald, The (FL) - January 8, 1992

Deceased Name: Castillo , Fernando A.

Castillo, Fernando A., 84, of Miami. Services 10 a.m. today, St. Michael Church. Flagler Memorial Park. Rivero Miami Chapel.

HSCA Segregated CIA Collection, Box 42/

NARA Record Number: 1993.07.20.15:03:55:870280

SUMMARY FOLDER OF OS/SAG INVESTIGATIVE FILES

http://www.maryferre...9&relPageId=132

http://www.maryferre...do?docId=103859

mentions Castillo quite a bit

HSCA Segregated CIA Collection Box 37

GARRISON INVESTIGATION OF KENNEDY ASSASSINATION: LUIS ANGEL CASTILLO A

A labor record in New York has entries for 1963, 1964 and 1966.

An Antonio Eloriga, a Phillipine citizen does reside in Chicago.

but there is no derogatory information on him

http://www.maryferre...do?docId=101326

Poppa?

Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL) - May 12, 2010

Deceased Name: Sergio Manuel Vega Sergio Manuel Vega

Sergio Manuel Vega Sergio Manuel Vega passed away April 17, 2010,

in Pretoria, South Africa, after a long sickness. He was born Oct. 7,

1940, in Adjuntas, Puerto Rico, to the late Maria (Torres) and Ramone

Vega Molina. Sergio served in the United States Army and worked for

Abbott Laboratories. He received a master's degree in business from

Lake Forest College, Lake Forrest, Ill. Sergio's passions were many:

he loved spending time with his family, playing golf, traveling, cultivating

his garden and strumming his guitar. Sergio was well known for his easy charm,

quick wit and mischievous grin. He spent the last decade of his life

living with his wife, Elize Vega, in South Africa after they married in

2001. Elize was at his side at the time of his passing. She is the

Sergio was also married to Rosina (Hellstern) Vega of Antioch, Ill.

They were married 19 years, from 1981 through 2000.

Abbott Laboratories pops up in JFK files from time to time;

such as this file on Jose Ignacio Rasco Bermuda, where they "intervened."

http://www.maryferre...50&relPageId=23

Edited by Robert Howard

• 3 months later...

Here's my current thinking on Luis Angel Castillo...his story is a part of a big operation using the Castillo name in some very provocative ways.

Angel Luis Castillo Cabrera - DOB 10/2/24, lieutenant under Hubert Matos, July 26 movement, he's the one who introduced Bayo to Martino in 62, http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=1175077

Jose Angel Castillo - DOB 9/4/29, arrested for rape in Houston 8/62, attended FPCC and CPUSA meetings for years in Chicago

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=865595

Jose Luis Castillo del Olivarez - DOB 4/28/30, in "Cuban Mugbook"

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=865595

May be related to "Carlos Olivarez" or "Carlos Olivares" - DOB 8/4/29, head of foreign relations for July 26 organization,

good friends with Richard Gibson of FPCC, regarded as one of "Raul Castro's faithful"

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=467210

Carlos then becomes Undersec'y of State, on FPCC mailing list

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=438324

Luis Castillo Sandi - No known DOB. On 11/6/62, he asked Cuban Embassy in Mexico City what info is needed to travel to Cuba?!

"Can be reached at the Howard Gibbs farm, Justin, Texas".

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=121705&relPageId=2

Luis Angel Castillo - DOB about 1945, would have been about 18 years old at time he would have been part of a supposed Castro assassination team in Dallas. (If he was on any team, he probably knew nothing about what was going on. I think the hypnosis was real, but unconvinced about anything else.). See Dick Russell's 2008 book.

Most interesting is a computer sheet for Luis Angel Castillo, with entries for 54, 61, and 63,

and the pseudo he used as Antonio Eloriaga Reyes, DOB 8/29/44. The 63 file is missing, and

McCord's boss at the Office of Security Leonard Payne went looking for it. Doesn't look like it ever turned up.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=14718&relPageId=2

Leonard Payne of OS handled McCord matters - during this time, McCord was working with Morse Allen of the Office of Security who worked on the hypnosis programs.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=103955&relPageId=200 payne re mccord

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=103955&relPageId=199 - payne and mccord

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=103955&relPageId=198 - morse allen and mccord

By the way, anyone here know much about McCord and/or Morse Allen? I literally tripped over Fiorini last night while researching McCord; it looks like Fiorini helped McCord's wife as she rushed home when her dad was ill in early 63, I think that McCord was Chief of Security for Europe and living near Paris or Frankfurt in 1963. Maybe he was even listening in on the Cubela phone calls...

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=103955&relPageId=92 (Chief of Security of Europe)

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=103955&relPageId=93 (McCord bio)

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=103955&relPageId=118 (Paris)

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=103955&relPageId=125 (Frankfurt)

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=103955&relPageId=126 (Fiorini)

McCord later won an award for audio-countermeasures in 66, when he was the chief of technical division for OS.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=103955&relPageId=78

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=103955&relPageId=79

Here's my current thinking on Luis Angel Castillo...his story is a part of a big operation using the Castillo name in some very provocative ways.

Angel Luis Castillo Cabrera - DOB 10/2/24, lieutenant under Hubert Matos, July 26 movement, he's the one who introduced Bayo to Martino in 62, http://www.maryferre...sPageId=1175077

Jose Angel Castillo - DOB 9/4/29, arrested for rape in Houston 8/62, attended FPCC and CPUSA meetings for years in Chicago

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=865595

May be related to "Carlos Olivarez" or "Carlos Olivares" - DOB 8/4/29, head of foreign relations for July 26 organization,

good friends with Richard Gibson of FPCC, regarded as one of "Raul Castro's faithful"

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=467210

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=438324

Luis Castillo Sandi - No known DOB. On 11/6/62, he asked Cuban Embassy in Mexico City what info is needed to travel to Cuba?!

http://www.maryferre...705&relPageId=2

Luis Angel Castillo - DOB about 1945, would have been about 18 years old at time he would have been part of a supposed Castro assassination team in Dallas. (If he was on any team, he probably knew nothing about what was going on. I think the hypnosis was real, but unconvinced about anything else.). See Dick Russell's 2008 book.

Most interesting is a computer sheet for Luis Angel Castillo, with entries for 54, 61, and 63,

and the pseudo he used as Antonio Eloriaga Reyes, DOB 8/29/44. The 63 file is missing, and

McCord's boss at the Office of Security Leonard Payne went looking for it. Doesn't look like it ever turned up.

http://www.maryferre...718&relPageId=2

Leonard Payne of OS handled McCord matters - during this time, McCord was working with Morse Allen of the Office of Security who worked on the hypnosis programs.

http://www.maryferre...5&relPageId=200 payne re mccord

http://www.maryferre...5&relPageId=199 - payne and mccord

http://www.maryferre...5&relPageId=198 - morse allen and mccord

By the way, anyone here know much about McCord and/or Morse Allen? I literally tripped over Fiorini last night while researching McCord; it looks like Fiorini helped McCord's wife as she rushed home when her dad was ill in early 63, I think that McCord was Chief of Security for Europe and living near Paris or Frankfurt in 1963. Maybe he was even listening in on the Cubela phone calls...

http://www.maryferre...55&relPageId=92 (Chief of Security of Europe)

http://www.maryferre...55&relPageId=93 (McCord bio)

http://www.maryferre...5&relPageId=118 (Paris)

http://www.maryferre...5&relPageId=125 (Frankfurt)

http://www.maryferre...5&relPageId=126 (Fiorini)

McCord later won an award for audio-countermeasures in 66, when he was the chief of technical division for OS.

http://www.maryferre...55&relPageId=78

http://www.maryferre...55&relPageId=79

Hi Bill, Glad to see your back on the JFK beat.

JFKcountercoup: Luis Angel Castillo

When the ARRB received NSA documents related to the assassination there were none that related to Castillo, when we know for a fact, based on the Philadelphia court docs, that there are some.

I think there is still an outstanding parole violation warrant out for Castillo from Bordentown, New Jersey, where he was sentenced to a state prison and under the care of an MKULTRA doctor. So if you run into him, turn him in.

In addition, in 1949 E. Howard Hunt wrote a novel, "Bimini Run," about an American soldier-of-fortune named Hank Sturgis.

Hunt later claimed he didn't know Sturgis until the Watergate caper.

Sturgis' real name is Fiorini, and he was from Philadelphia, Pa.

Bill Kelly

Edited by William Kelly

Angel Luis Castillo Cabrera - DOB 10/2/24, lieutenant under Hubert Matos, July 26 movement, he's the one who introduced Bayo to Martino in 62, http://www.maryferre...sPageId=1175077

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=467210

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=438324

http://www.maryferre...705&relPageId=2

http://www.maryferre...5&relPageId=200 payne re mccord

http://www.maryferre...5&relPageId=199 - payne and mccord

http://www.maryferre...5&relPageId=198 - morse allen and mccord

http://www.maryferre...55&relPageId=92 (Chief of Security of Europe)

http://www.maryferre...55&relPageId=93 (McCord bio)

http://www.maryferre...5&relPageId=118 (Paris)

http://www.maryferre...5&relPageId=125 (Frankfurt)

http://www.maryferre...5&relPageId=126 (Fiorini)

http://www.maryferre...55&relPageId=78

http://www.maryferre...55&relPageId=79

Hi Bill, Glad to see your back on the JFK beat.

JFKcountercoup: Luis Angel Castillo

When the ARRB received NSA documents related to the assassination there were none that related to Castillo, when we know for a fact, based on the Philadelphia court docs, that there are some.

I think there is still an outstanding parole violation warrant out for Castillo from Bordentown, New Jersey, where he was sentenced to a state prison and under the care of an MKULTRA doctor. So if you run into him, turn him in.

In addition, in 1949 E. Howard Hunt wrote a novel, "Bimini Run," about an American soldier-of-fortune named Hank Sturgis.

Hunt later claimed he didn't know Sturgis until the Watergate caper.

Sturgis' real name is Fiorini, and he was from Philadelphia, Pa.

Bill Kelly

I know one thing about.........Paris, that should make Morse Allen and McCord even more interesting.....

ADMIN FOLDER-O6: HSCA ADMINISTRATIVE FOLDER, ASSASSINATION MATTERS VOLUME II

pages 160-62

Her name is

Marion Joan Robinson. She was an employee of the Central Intelligence Agency from October 1959 through August 1963,

and is alleging that fellow CIA employees due to comments she overheard, such as

"but that the conversation concerned the fact that the President was not doing what was good for the country,"

"awoke in a bed without clothes"......"had been raped by Braham, Jack and Lunn."

Robert.....The inference being in conclusion she was....induced amnesia through drugs...

Unbelievable? Knowing the era of MKULTRA and the fact she was CIA, i find her credible...maybe its just me.

http://www.maryferre...4&relPageId=161

From where I stand James W McCord, is one of the last, not unexplored, but not as explored as say

E Howard Hunt individuals, another suggestion which fits to both Hunt and McCord, is that a person

needs to identify their wives activities as well as the person in question, if the wife was a CIA employee.

Not exactly an example, but take the Husband and Wife team that ran the operation of the RobotStar

pulse camera, in front of the Embassy in Mexico, Howard and Jane Roman and Mr and Mrs Boris Tarasoff, I think

were another "couple"

http://www.maryferre...9&relPageId=139

In Agee's CIA book he mentions maybe one other husband and wife team...Didn't mean to get off the beaten path...

Here's Morse Allen's namebase.org URL

http://www.namebase.org/cgi-bin/nb01?Na=Allen%2C+Morse

Not exactly dull and ordinary.

Edited by Robert Howard

I know one thing about.........Paris, that should make Morse Allen and McCord even more interesting.....

ADMIN FOLDER-O6: HSCA ADMINISTRATIVE FOLDER, ASSASSINATION MATTERS VOLUME II

pages 160-62

Her name is

Marion Joan Robinson. She was an employee of the Central Intelligence Agency from October 1959 through August 1963,

and is alleging that fellow CIA employees due to comments she overheard, such as

"but that the conversation concerned the fact that the President was not doing what was good for the country,"

"awoke in a bed without clothes"......"had been raped by Braham, Jack and Lunn."

Robert.....The inference being in conclusion she was....induced amnesia through drugs...

Unbelievable? Knowing the era of MKULTRA and the fact she was CIA, i find her credible...maybe its just me.

http://www.maryferre...4&relPageId=161

From where I stand James W McCord, is one of the last, not unexplored, but not as explored as say

E Howard Hunt individuals, another suggestion which fits to both Hunt and McCord, is that a person

needs to identify their wives activities as well as the person in question, if the wife was a CIA employee.

Not exactly an example, but take the Husband and Wife team that ran the operation of the RobotStar

pulse camera, in front of the Embassy in Mexico, Howard and Jane Roman and Mr and Mrs Boris Tarasoff, I think

were another "couple"

http://www.maryferre...9&relPageId=139

In Agee's CIA book he mentions maybe one other husband and wife team...Didn't mean to get off the beaten path...

Here's Morse Allen's namebase.org URL

http://www.namebase....=Allen%2C+Morse

Not exactly dull and ordinary.

Some other items worth a look see

especially Hancock's passage about Spanish names in relation to documents and persons.....

In Spanish names the father’s name usually follow’s immediately after the given name and is in

turn followed by the mother’s maiden name, such as Diaz (father’s name) Garcia (mother’s name)

the proper short usage is the father’s name.

For example the short name for Diaz Garcia would be Diaz or Diaz Garcia not Garcia. This could

be important in references such as [Fabian] Escalante’s where he mentions “Garcia.”

Standard usage would have him say either Diaz or Diaz Garcia if he meant Diaz Garcia.

Although this is true in the critical sense, we know that the FBI and CIA commonly violated

standard name convention in their documents; there is also reason to think that some exiles also

violated it as a basic misdirection in references to themselves and to each other.

page 530, Someone Would Have Talked, Larry Hancock - Copyright 2006

Computer Run on Luis Angel Castillo [2/13/68]

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=14718&relPageId=2

I don’t know if this is him but it’s possible

https://www.familysearch.org/search/recordDetails/show?uri=https://api.familysearch.org/records/pal:/MM9.1.r/DG5B-CMM/p1

Cheers