The Education Forum

Who Instigated the Dallas Trip, and When?

Guest Tom Scully

Tom,

The witness testified she first encountered the person she and the government maintained was arrested and charged with assassinating the President, three weeks before she actually rented a room to him on October 14, 1963.

Either her testimony was inaccurate (odd), or the government's timeline is even odder than it already seemed. It was already odd because the government claimed the evidence it gathered supported the curious detail that four days before Gladys Johnson testified she first met the man the government had charged, he was in New Orleans, checking out four books from the Napoleon Branch of the public library. The government claimed it pinpointed the checkout date of the four books, information the library itself claimed it did not record or log for any book it ever loaned out, by subtracting fourteen days from the due date, which was recorded for each book before it was loaned out. (A NY Times reporter supported this claim that neither the check out date nor the return date of books returned by the due date was recorded by the library.)

The library branch also claimed all four books loaned out on the library card of the accused assassin had been returned on time, on or before 3 October, 1963. The government claimed the accused borrowed four library books five days before it claimed he departed New Orleans for Mexico, and that all four books were returned to the library on or before 3 October, 1963. The government also presented the testimony of a key witness who testified she first met the accused at her Dallas residence three weeks before 14 October, which would have been on 23 September, 1963. She also testified that another key witness, her employee, Earline Roberts was a habitual story teller who couldn't help but make things up (lies).

I doubt you'll discern anything odd in what I am presenting, either in the testimony of Gladys Johnson, or in the contradictory representations of the government/ It's all good, nothing unusual or odd about any of it, right?

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=756255

6233922020_9209f5a177_b.jpg

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=57684&relPageId=231

6233389255_d00793f033_b.jpg

Edited by Tom Scully

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom,

The witness testified she first encountered the person she and the government maintained was arrested and charged with assassinating the President, three weeks before she actually rented a room to him on October 14, 1963.

In other (fewer) words, "Gladys Johnson testified she first met LHO around September 23. 1963-- three weeks before she rented a room to him." Yes Tom, I actually got that the first time.

Either her testimony was inaccurate (odd), or the government's timeline is even odder than it already seemed. It was already odd because the government claimed the evidence it gathered supported the curious detail that four days before Gladys Johnson testified she first met the man the government had charged, he was in New Orleans, checking out four books from the Napoleon Branch of the public library. The government claimed it pinpointed the checkout date of the four books, information the library itself claimed it did not record or log for any book it ever loaned out, by subtracting fourteen days from the due date, which was recorded for each book before it was loaned out. (A NY Times reporter supported this claim that neither the check out date nor the return date of books returned by the due date was recorded by the library.)

The government's "timeline" would turn out to be even stranger than it already is??? Wow. Imagine that. Not that it matters but I don't suppose anyone else could have used LHO's library card to check out those four books. Nah, that's impossible... And of course, LHO MUST have returned the darn books. No one else could have possibly returned them for him (or for whoever checked them out)... So I guess that proves it-- LHO MUST have been in New Orleans when Gladys Johnson says she first met him in Dallas!

The library branch also claimed all four books loaned out on the library card of the accused assassin had been returned on time, on or before 3 October, 1963. The government claimed the accused borrowed four library books five days before it claimed he departed New Orleans for Mexico, and that all four books were returned to the library on or before 3 October, 1963.

So? Big deal. Somebody, perhaps even LHO, returned them on time. (See above.)

Also, please note that the four books could have been read quickly since they all fall into the category of rather light reading, and yes, LHO was an avid reader. And guess what? Avid readers are usually, uhh..., fast readers . And who's to say that whoever checked out those books actually read them before returning them? If it was LHO, maybe he only had enough time to read one or two of them before leaving on his (CIA?) mission to Mexico City, probably thinking that he was being sent there to discredit the FPCC.

The government also presented the testimony of a key witness who testified she first met the accused at her Dallas residence three weeks before 14 October, which would have been on 23 September, 1963.

Would you mind rephrasing this sentence to make it less painful to read and therefore, by definition, a bit more intelligible? It seems to be a reiteration. Why? What's the point you're trying to make here?

She also testified that another key witness, her employee, Earline Roberts was a habitual story teller who couldn't help but make things up (lies).

So? BFD. Maybe Earline Roberts was an habitual storyteller who couldn't help but make things up. Now, if Earline Roberts was an habitual storyteller who couldn't help but make things up, would that fact help or hurt the government's case against LHO? Hmm... Maybe she just made up the story of the police car (with two "policemen" inside it) that showed up at the rooming house right after LHO arrived and went into his room. Maybe the horn didn't really make a sound like "tit tit." Maybe it was really a "beep beep," but really short "beep beeps," kinda like a "tat tat"?

I doubt you'll discern anything odd in what I am presenting, either in the testimony of Gladys Johnson, or in the contradictory representations of the government.

You're "right as five rabbits" about that, Tom old boy.

It's all good, nothing unusual or odd about any of it, right?

I suggest that you put that truly beautiful mind of yours to work on something else: What can you come up with on (Reverend) Oscar Bryant Graham (Sr.)of the Abundant Life Temple? Clues: 1) He's the "Obie Graham" (as in O.B. Graham) that Jim Garrison refered to. 2) He was from South Carolina. 3) He is deceased. 4) He was the minister (and owner?) of the Abundant Life Temple (yes, the one in Oak Cliff that the Dallas police started to search for the murderer of J.D. Tippit, based on a tip from an unknown witness, but then they were diverted to a nearby library and started searching it, instead) on November 22, 1963. One of Oscar Bryant Graham, Sr.'s inlaws recently told me that he (Rev. O.B. Graham, Sr.) "was quite a wheeler dealer. Maybe he had a straw man buy it (the Abundant Life Temple) until he could get the non-profit A.L.T. set up."

--Odd Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tom,

In other (fewer) words, "Gladys Johnson testified she first met LHO around September 23. 1963-- three weeks before she rented a room to him." Yes Tom, I actually got that the first time.

The government's "timeline" would turn out to be even stranger than it already is??? Wow. Imagine that. Not that it matters but I don't suppose anyone else could have used LHO's library card to check out those four books. Nah, that's impossible... And of course, LHO MUST have returned the darn books. No one else could have possibly returned them for him (or for whoever checked them out)... So I guess that proves it-- LHO MUST have been in New Orleans when Gladys Johnson says she first met him in Dallas!

The library branch also claimed all four books loaned out on the library card of the accused assassin had been returned on time, on or before 3 October, 1963. The government claimed the accused borrowed four library books five days before it claimed he departed New Orleans for Mexico, and that all four books were returned to the library on or before 3 October, 1963.

So? Big deal. Somebody, perhaps even LHO, returned them on time. (See above.)

Also, please note that the four books could have been read quickly since they all fall into the category of rather light reading, and yes, LHO was an avid reader. And guess what? Avid readers are usually, uhh..., fast readers . And who's to say that whoever checked out those books actually read them before returning them? If it was LHO, maybe he only had enough time to read one or two of them before leaving on his (CIA?) mission to Mexico City, probably thinking that he was being sent there to discredit the FPCC.

The government also presented the testimony of a key witness who testified she first met the accused at her Dallas residence three weeks before 14 October, which would have been on 23 September, 1963.

Would you mind rephrasing this sentence to make it less painful to read and therefore, by definition, a bit more intelligible? It seems to be a reiteration. Why? What's the point you're trying to make here?

She also testified that another key witness, her employee, Earline Roberts was a habitual story teller who couldn't help but make things up (lies).

So? BFD. Maybe Earline Roberts was an habitual storyteller who couldn't help but make things up. Now, if Earline Roberts was an habitual storyteller who couldn't help but make things up, would that fact help or hurt the government's case against LHO? Hmm... Maybe she just made up the story of the police car (with two "policemen" inside it) that showed up at the rooming house right after LHO arrived and went into his room. Maybe the horn didn't really make a sound like "tit tit." Maybe it was really a "beep beep," but really short "beep beeps," kinda like a "tat tat"?

I doubt you'll discern anything odd in what I am presenting, either in the testimony of Gladys Johnson, or in the contradictory representations of the government.

You're "right as five rabbits" about that, Tom old boy.

It's all good, nothing unusual or odd about any of it, right?

I suggest that you put that truly beautiful mind of yours to work on something else: What can you come up with on (Reverend) Oscar Bryant Graham (Sr.)of the Abundant Life Temple? Clues: 1) He's the "Obie Graham" (as in O.B. Graham) that Jim Garrison refered to. 2) He was from South Carolina. 3) He is deceased. 4) He was the minister (and owner?) of the Abundant Life Temple (yes, the one in Oak Cliff that the Dallas police started to search for the murderer of J.D. Tippit, based on a tip from an unknown witness, but then they were diverted to a nearby library and started searching it, instead) on November 22, 1963. One of Oscar Bryant Graham, Sr.'s inlaws recently told me that he (Rev. O.B. Graham, Sr.) "was quite a wheeler dealer. Maybe he had a straw man buy it (the Abundant Life Temple) until he could get the non-profit A.L.T. set up."

--Odd Tommy

bump with comment:

As to why JFK went to Dallas, read (online) "Why JFK Went To Texas" by Joseph Backes (1999)...

Edited by Thomas Graves

Guest Tom Scully

Have you contacted Graham's son?

http://www.turrentinejacksonmorrow.com/detail.php?id=3962&do=print

This was my loving mother who meant the world to me. Her Parents Emanuel and Daisy Parker were as sweet and kind as she. I was her only Son and we were very close. She played piano and Organ and sang for many years in her husband and My father's (Dr.O.B.Graham) churches. I first learned to sing and play from her. She never met a stranger and everyone loved her. She will be missed by many. "May the Great Spirit lead you home sweet Mother and protect you now from all the harm you suffered in this life", and may he bring his wrath swiftly upon all those who mistreated you in this life... I will Love you always, Your Son. Obie (Oscar Bryant Graham,Jr.)

- Oscar B. Graham

He lives in Tampa or in Rockledge, FL ....info from Dr. Graham's former wife's obit at above link.

A relative maintains Oscar Jr.'s website, :

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: OSCARBRYANTGRAHAM.NET

Created on: 04-Jul-09

Expires on: 04-Jul-12

Last Updated on: 10-May-11

Administrative Contact:

Gulla, Jonathan jgulla7@tx.rr.com

7864 Highpoint Ridge

Frisco, Texas 75035

United States

(469) 287-5130

There is also this, but it's a 12 years old email address for Oscar, Jr..:

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~schorry/queries/resa.htm#G

According to Vince Palamara:

9/26/63: official White House announcement (also in the newspapers);

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_i...Issue/saic.html

The above was, I believe, the first public announcement of the addition of Dallas to itinerary.

In the original post in this thread, Ashton stated "If plans for Kennedy to go to Dallas were made prior to 14 October 1963, that's the end of all "lone assassin" theories. Their dust can be put into an urn and scattered at sea, and the JFK Assassination forum will be entirely deloused of that whole faction of disinformation scum."

I tend to agree. It can't be overlooked either, that the announcement coincides with alleged travel by LHO to Mexico City.

post-757-006895900 1318743684_thumb.jpg

post-757-032518500 1318744130_thumb.jpg