The Education Forum

Translator needed for JFK forum

Pat Speer

Hi, this is Pat Speer, one of the regular contributors over on the JFK Assassination Forum. Recently, we were discussing the death of Italian oilman Enrico Mattei. While there is very little available on the recent investigations into his death available on the internet in English, there appear to be hundreds of hits on this in Italian. I am particularly interested in the purported statements of Gaetano Ianni. If someone here could google "Gaetano Ianni" and "Enrico Mattei," read a few of the Italian articles, and summarize them on the JFK Asssassination Forum thread "Enrico Mattei" it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Pat Speer

Hi, this is Pat Speer, one of the regular contributors over on the JFK Assassination Forum.  Recently, we were discussing the death of Italian oilman Enrico Mattei.  While there is very little available on the recent investigations into his death available on the internet in English, there appear to be hundreds of hits on this in Italian.  I am particularly interested in the purported statements of Gaetano Ianni.  If someone here could google "Gaetano Ianni" and "Enrico Mattei," read a few of the Italian articles, and summarize them on the JFK Asssassination Forum thread "Enrico Mattei" it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I have an Italian friend, Caterina Gasparini, who speaks perfect English. She is also a member of the wider Education Forum. I will email Caterina and ask her if she is willing to help.

Hi, this is Pat Speer, one of the regular contributors over on the JFK Assassination Forum.  Recently, we were discussing the death of Italian oilman Enrico Mattei.  While there is very little available on the recent investigations into his death available on the internet in English, there appear to be hundreds of hits on this in Italian.  I am particularly interested in the purported statements of Gaetano Ianni.  If someone here could google "Gaetano Ianni" and "Enrico Mattei," read a few of the Italian articles, and summarize them on the JFK Asssassination Forum thread "Enrico Mattei" it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I have an Italian friend, Caterina Gasparini, who speaks perfect English. She is also a member of the wider Education Forum. I will email Caterina and ask her if she is willing to help.

This is the summary of what is written at

http://www.strano.net/stragi/stragi/crono/crono97.htm

"In 1997 the Public Prosecutor’s Offices in Caltanisetta and Pavia started investigating on Mattei’s death after the declarations of two repented mafiosi, Giovanni Brusca and Salvatore Riggio and the declaration of Gaetano Iannì, head of the Stidda in Gela. Their words seemed to confirm what had been said by another Mafioso, Giuseppe Di Cristina, mafia head in Riesi, killed on 30 May 1995, who said that Mattei had been killed by the Mafia "to do a favour".

The analysis of Mattei’s corpse seemed to confirm the hypothesis of an attack.

A previous partisan of the Catholic groups led by Mattei, Raffaele Morini, had found and given the Public Prosecutor’s Office in Pavia pieces of Mattei’s plane with traces of TNT."

The other sites I found contain the same information.

The only one in English is

http://enrico-mattei.biography.ms/

"In 1997 the Public Prosecutor’s Offices in Caltanisetta and Pavia started investigating on Mattei’s death after the declarations of two repented mafiosi, Giovanni Brusca and Salvatore Riggio and the declaration of Gaetano Iannì, head of the Stidda in Gela. Their words seemed to confirm what had been said by another Mafioso, Giuseppe Di Cristina, mafia head in Riesi, killed on 30 May 1995, who said that Mattei had been killed by the Mafia "to do a favour".

The analysis of Mattei’s corpse seemed to confirm the hypothesis of an attack.

A previous partisan of the Catholic groups led by Mattei, Raffaele Morini, had found and given the Public Prosecutor’s Office in Pavia pieces of Mattei’s plane with traces of TNT."

The other sites I found contain the same information.

The only one in English is

http://enrico-mattei.biography.ms/

Caterina, thank you very much for this. Is the Mattei case much talked about in Italy?

• 5 months later...
Pat, you should be able to translate the pages. There are many ways to translate pages over the internet. However, if that does not work, I can speak and read Italian and should be able to help.

Computer translations don't work very well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

KENNEDY ADMINISTRATION VIEWED MATTEI AS PRO-U.S. IN FIGHT AGAINST

BRITAIN

May 9 - In a conversation with EIR, Benito Livigni, a former

collaborator of Enrico Mattei and an expert on the history of

Mattei and ENI, pointed to the fact that Enrico Mattei, Italy's

anti-colonialist leader in the 1950s and '60s, was negotiating an

anti-British strategic partnership with the Kennedy

Administration. Of particular significance is a report, Livigni

said, written by U.S. Undersecretary of State George Ball to

President Kennedy in summer 1962, after he met Mattei in Rome.

The document, a copy of which is in Livigni's hands, says that in

case of a U.S.-British fight, Mattei and Italian State President

Gronchi (a friend of Mattei's) would be in the pro-U.S.A. camp,

whereas other leaders in Europe would align with Britain. Ball

characterizes as "Europist" the pro-British faction and as

"Atlanticist" the pro-U.S. faction.

This paper, together with the British Foreign Office

documents targetting Mattei as a threat to the British colonial

system, put the assassination of Mattei and even of JFK in the

strategic perspective of a British operation to eliminate what

the British saw as an existential threat to their Empire.

Livigni was the first researcher to dig out British Foreign

Office papers on Mattei, and published them in a book in 1995, in

which he identified Lyndon LaRouche as the executor of Mattei's

pro-development fight. Livigni's latest book, entitled {The

Predators of Oil and Finance}, contains large sections on

LaRouche and EIR articles. Bookstore orders for the book, the

publisher reports, have already exhausted stocks. Livigni is

currently working on a new project, on JFK and Mattei's "parallel

lives." [ccc]