The Education Forum

Oswald & Ammunition

1. The WCC ammo came in 20-round cardboard boxes which were similar in size and composition to the standard issue Italian Ammo boxes.

However:

A. The Italian ammo box contained 18 rounds which was pre- loaded into three clips.

B. The Italian ammo box was fully marked (Block Printing)

C. The WCC ammo contined 20-rounds to the box with no clips.

D. The WCC ammo box was completely "sterile" with absollutely no markings on the exterior of the box.

E. The WCC ammo contained a small white slip of paper which was packed inside the box which identified the ammo as well as the Department of Army Ordnance code/standard to which the ammunition was manufactured, as well as the ammo size.

Lastly! That information relative to exactly what purpose (who) this ammunition was manufactured for is not scheduled for review for release until the year 2025.

Doubt seriously that I will ever see it, unless Houdini was right.

Tom, Can you tell us more about (who) "this ammunition was manufactured for is not scheduled for release until the year 2025."

There might be a song there, but the last officially withheld record of the Warren Commission is scheduled for release in the year 2017, less then a decade away. The review board dissolved eleven years ago, so there's more time since they set postponements than what we have to wait for the last one.

Also, I'm trying to locate the WC document that traces the origin of the shells to a batch of bullets that were sold to the USMC in 1954. Does anyone else have this doc handy?

Since the USMC didn't have any official weapon that could fire that size round, there is speculation that they were to be used in special ops, like the Guatemalan coup of that year.

Also, consider that, like the rifle, scope and strap (USAF issued sidearm strap) and other items found at the scene, the shells were meant to be found, and the rest of the ammunition and the box they came in, were not meant to be found.

If there is a document that says that the identity of who the ammo was manufactured for cannot be released until 2025, I'd like to see it because that is the kind of still withheld record we are looking for to present to the Congressional Hearing on the JFK Act.

Oh, and for all you shooters out there, my Browns Mills NJ neighbor Matt Emmons took a silver, and will shoot again tomorrow. A guy from the Ukaraine won the gold and an Aussie took bronze.

Thanks,

BK

Tom, Can you tell us more about (who) "this ammunition was manufactured for is not scheduled for release until the year 2025."

There might be a song there, but the last officially withheld record of the Warren Commission is scheduled for release in the year 2017, less then a decade away. The review board dissolved eleven years ago, so there's more time since they set postponements than what we have to wait for the last one.

You are most probably the "correct" one in that matter.

The "25" is stuck in my head for some reason!

It was in/around 1992 that I corresponded with US Senator David Boren (then Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee) in regards to the release of that information relative to manufacture of the Carcano ammuntions, and If I can find that letter, it probably states something to the effect "25 years before the release".

In memory, your date seems correct.

CRS syndrone often causes one to insert foot into mouth.

Also, I'm trying to locate the WC document that traces the origin of the shells to a batch of bullets that were sold to the USMC in 1954. Does anyone else have this doc handy?

Since the USMC didn't have any official weapon that could fire that size round, there is speculation that they were to be used in special ops, like the Guatemalan coup of that year.

The document to which you refer is an FBI "red herring"!

It states that the manufacture of the ammo was "paid" for under a USMC purchase order which was probably done for "cover and concealment" purposes.

Yet, the actual "Purchase Order" document, which would (if shown the original) demonstrate exactly who/what entity ordered the ammunition as well as the DOD (Department of Defense) identification as to exactly whose funds were utilized to pay for production of the ammo.

It is noted that the ammunition was manufactured for a "DA" (Department of the Army) Ordnance production standard. NOT a USMC standard which in fact had their own codes.

P.S. Ammunition manufactured for some "cover & concealment" purpose has neither the manufacturer's identification stamped into the base of the cartridge case (WCC as does the ammo), nor does it contain a little slip of paper inside each box which not only clearly identifies the manufacturer and lot#, but the Department of Army Ordnance manufacture Specification code as well.

(Pink elephant in Wal-Mart Parking lot!)

Still can not upload to show the paper slip!

BUMP

I know there is a document that says the shells were part of a batch sold to USMC circa 1958 because i've seen it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic