The Education Forum

Maggie Field

John Simkin

Maggie Field was another early researcher who worked closely with others in this group including Mark Lane, Léo Sauvage, Vincent J. Salandria, Harold Feldman, Shirley Martin, Penn Jones, Harold Weisberg, Ray Marcus and Sylvia Meagher.

Field's book on the Kennedy assassination, The Evidence, was rejected by Random House in 1967. She decided to revise the manuscript: "a complete and total revamping of each page". However, she was unable to find a publisher. Her friend, Ray Marcus commented: "I know she was frustrated and disappointed about this, although she rarely said so - it would be super human for her not to be." He believed that if it had been published it would have been one of the most important books on the case.

Maggie Field told the Los Angeles Free Press in December, 1967. "Until we can get to the bottom of the Kennedy assassination, this country is going to remain a sick country. No matter what we do. Because we cannot live with that crime. We just can't. The threat is too great. There are forces in this country who have gotten away with this thing, and will strike again. And not any one of us is safe."

Maggie Field died of a blood disease on 31st July, 1997.

Did anyone get the chance to meet Maggie Field?

http://www.spartacus...k/JFKfieldM.htm

post-7-0-27392800-1356541981_thumb.jpg

Maggie Field was another early researcher who worked closely with others in this group including Mark Lane, Léo Sauvage, Vincent J. Salandria, Harold Feldman, Shirley Martin, Penn Jones, Harold Weisberg, Ray Marcus and Sylvia Meagher.

Field's book on the Kennedy assassination, The Evidence, was rejected by Random House in 1967. She decided to revise the manuscript: "a complete and total revamping of each page". However, she was unable to find a publisher. Her friend, Ray Marcus commented: "I know she was frustrated and disappointed about this, although she rarely said so - it would be super human for her not to be." He believed that if it had been published it would have been one of the most important books on the case.

Maggie Field told the Los Angeles Free Press in December, 1967. "Until we can get to the bottom of the Kennedy assassination, this country is going to remain a sick country. No matter what we do. Because we cannot live with that crime. We just can't. The threat is too great. There are forces in this country who have gotten away with this thing, and will strike again. And not any one of us is safe."

I met Maggie Field on quite a few occasions, and went to her home several times. Unquestionably, Ray Marcus is the one who knew her the best.

As I recall, her book was not the standard "book", but rather a large size series of photo exhibits which she called "panoplies" and which she sought to publish as an oversize type book.

The Fields were quite wealthy, and lived in a very large house in Beverly Hills. I do recall one occasion when Garrison was visiting Los Angeles, and Maggie hosted an event at her place.

Maggie was not a high level analyst of the evidence (and did not write, or think, like Sylvia Meagher). She believed the Government had deliberately lied to the people, and was angry about it, and wanted to see justice done.

DSL

12/30/12

I met Maggie Field on quite a few occasions, and went to her home several times. Unquestionably, Ray Marcus is the one who knew her the best.

As I recall, her book was not the standard "book", but rather a large size series of photo exhibits which she called "panoplies" and which she sought to publish as an oversize type book.

The Fields were quite wealthy, and lived in a very large house in Beverly Hills. I do recall one occasion when Garrison was visiting Los Angeles, and Maggie hosted an event at her place.

Maggie was not a high level analyst of the evidence (and did not write, or think, like Sylvia Meagher). She believed the Government had deliberately lied to the people, and was angry about it, and wanted to see justice done.

DSL

12/30/12

Thank you David for this information. John Kelin makes it clear in his book, Praise from a Future Generation (2007) that you were one of the first to become involved in JFK research. Along with Mark Lane, Vince Salandria and Ray Marcus, you are the only one left from that group that were active between 1963-67.

Maggie Field developed a series of collages, or "panoplies" as she called them, which juxtaposed conclusions stated in the Warren Report with the evidence found in the raw data of the 26 volumes. Random House agreed to publish this material as a book called The Evidence, but broke the contract. See a sample panoply. "The only thing that I have ever addressed myself to," she once said, "is the guilt of Oswald. And all the evidence shows that Oswald could not have committed" the assassination.

http://home.comcast....in/gallery.html

Dallas JFK PHOTOS..

http://home.comcast.net/~johnkelin/JFK/field.html

Edited by Bernice Moore