The Education Forum

Willis/Zapruder anomalies?

Today I spotted some differences comparing Willis 5 to Zapruder.

Jack

Jack, to sensibly talk about 'perspective annomalies' ... one must first understand perspective and how it works. You have merely drawn two parallel lines across your image and not given any consideration that those lines are supposed to meet at a 'vanishing point' to be correct. I have offered a brief example of what you need to do to better understand perspective.

Bill Miller

That's part of it Bill, but also the "peak" of Jackies cap from Willis' point of view.

Today I spotted some differences comparing Willis 5 to Zapruder.

Jack

Jack, to sensibly talk about 'perspective annomalies' ... one must first understand perspective and how it works. You have merely drawn two parallel lines across your image and not given any consideration that those lines are supposed to meet at a 'vanishing point' to be correct. I have offered a brief example of what you need to do to better understand perspective.

Bill Miller

As any beginning student knows, perspective lines must be

extended till they meet.

Jack

extended till they meet.

Jack

That is nice that you drew the lines out off the photo until they met, Jack, but as long as I used the matching points on the limo - there was no way for them not to meet. If you go back to post #1 - your two lines are running parallel to each other ... had you accounted for perspective (that thing you mastered) when talking about how things looked from Zapruder's view, then you would have drawn the correct line over Jackie and seen that JFK fell below it just as he does on the Willis photo.

Bill Miller

extended till they meet.

Jack

That is nice that you drew the lines out off the photo until they met, Jack, but as long as I used the matching points on the limo - there was no way for them not to meet. If you go back to post #1 - your two lines are running parallel to each other ... had you accounted for perspective (that thing you mastered) when talking about how things looked from Zapruder's view, then you would have drawn the correct line over Jackie and seen that JFK fell below it just as he does on the Willis photo.

Bill Miller

As the limo approaches westward, the north south perspective lines are

nearly parallel.

Jack

As the limo approaches westward, the north south perspective lines are

nearly parallel.

Jack

Jack, I thought you mastered perspective? Moorman wasn't 15 feet behind the limo and the perspective lines across the car are not parallel. Z202 is seen from an even steeper angle, thus there should be no parallel lines connecting various points on the limo. Your line passing over Jackie's hat is incorrect and has nothing to do with the true perspective of that film frame.

Bill Miller