The Education Forum

Education Forum to Close

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Education Forum costs about USD$1500 (900 pounds) per year to run. The current account expires at the end of July 2014 and we do not intend to renew it. If anyone is interested in taking over the Forum I suggest you contact Andy Walker.

John, you have failed not in well doing!

All good things come to an end. Thank you, John and Andy, (and members) for a great time.

I'd be willing to contribute a sum a year. I have no interest in organising or administrating.

Could the site be set up to run off member donations and ad revenue?

While $1500 a year might be a considerable sum for one or two persons to bear, when divided by a couple hundred members the individual costs would seem QUITE bearable.

Edited by Mark Knight

I have been here since 04. It will be like losing an old friend. I met so many terrific people here. I wish John the best and thank him for all the years her hosted so many of us.

Be well John.

Dawn

This is a real shame- the Education Forum has been an invaluable resource for everyone interested in the JFK assassination and related issues. I would also be willing to contribute something to keep the forum afloat- if enough of us do this, the cost would be minimal individually.

I hope John addresses this possibility, and also clarifies whether just the assassination forum is being shut down, or the entire Education Forum.

This is a real shame- the Education Forum has been an invaluable resource for everyone interested in the JFK assassination and related issues. I would also be willing to contribute something to keep the forum afloat- if enough of us do this, the cost would be minimal individually.

I hope John addresses this possibility, and also clarifies whether just the assassination forum is being shut down, or the entire Education Forum.

It will be the whole forum.