The Education Forum

Lyndon Johnson and the Assassination of JFK

Guest Robert Morrow

The ONLY way Lyndon Johnson got on the 1960 Democratic ticket was by using SEXUAL BLACKMAIL on John Kennedy. LBJ, Sam Rayburn using Hoover's dossier on JFK, blackmailed John Kennedy on the night of July 13, 1960.

Lyndon Johnson was not on the short list of JFK for VP. He was not on the long list. He was not on the list - period. It was ONLY by blackmail that despised Johnson got on the 1960 Demo ticket.

Evelyn Lincoln, JFK’s secretary, reports that Johnson, with J. Edgar Hoover’s dark help, got on the 1960 Democratic ticket by using BLACKMAIL on the Kennedys:

“During the 1960 campaign, according to Mrs. Lincoln, Kennedy discovered how vulnerable his womanizing had made him. Sexual blackmail, she said, had long been part of Lyndon Johnson's modus operandi—abetted by Edgar. "J. Edgar Hoover," Lincoln said, "gave Johnson the information about various congressmen and senators so that Johnson could go to X senator and say, `How about this little deal you have with this woman?' and so forth. That's how he kept them in line. He used his IOUs with them as what he hoped was his road to the presidency. He had this trivia to use, because he had Hoover in his corner. And he thought that the members of Congress would go out there and put him over at the Convention. But then Kennedy beat him at the Convention. And well, after that Hoover and Johnson and their group were able to push Johnson on Kennedy."LBJ," said Lincoln, "had been using all the information Hoover could find on Kennedy—during the campaign, even before the Convention. And Hoover was in on the pressure on Kennedy at the Convention." (Summers, Official and Confidential, p. 272).

According to Lincoln, Kennedy had definite plans to drop Johnson for the Vice Presidency in 1964, and replace him with Governor Terry Sanford of North Carolina. In 1964, new President Lyndon Johnson gave FBI director J. Edgar Hoover a lifetime waiver from the mandatory retirement age of 70 that Hoover would hit on 1/1/65! In other words, Hoover could live to age 120 and still be head of the FBI. In my opinion, both LBJ and Hoover were conspirators, along with the CIA, in the JFK assassination. LBJ’s and Hoover’s jobs were to cover up the murder.

More on how Lyndon Johnson and Sam Rayburn blackmailed and threatened John Kennedy to get Lyndon Johnson on the Democratic ticket in 1960

The Dark Side of Camelot by Seymour Hersh is an excellent book and I highly recommend it. Through Seymour Hersh, you get the voices of the CIA people and perhaps Secret Service people who hated John Kennedy. JFK was not murdered because he was a reckless and prolific womanizer. But it gave JFK's killers one more justification to kill someone they did not respect ... and actually hated for reasons both personal and ideological.

Seymour Hersh really does a fantastic job detailing how the psychopathic serial killer LYNDON JOHNSON BLACKMAILED HIS WAY ONTO THE 1960 DEMOCRATIC TICKET ... with last minute threats and blackmails issued by him and Sam Rayburn late in the night of July 13th, 1960 at the Democratic convention in Los Angeles. By the morning of July 14th, Lyndon Johnson and Sam Rayburn (using Hoover's blackmail info on Kennedy) had TWISTED THE ARM of John Kennedy enough to force him to break his deal with Symington and INSTEAD put the homicidal maniac and Kennedy-hater Lyndon Johnson on the 1960 Demo ticket.

That my friends, was a FATAL decision. Because Johnson works like this: blackmail you today, kill you tomorrow. Like Jack Ruby famously said, if John Kennedy had picked Adlai Stevenson, Kennedy would still be alive... or at least would not have been shot like a dog in the streets of Dallas.

In reality John Kennedy was all set to pick Sen. Stuart Symington of Missouri who was very popular in California, which had a whopping 35 electoral votes at that time. With Johnson on the ticket, Kennedy lost California by a razer close 1/2 of a percent. It is very likely that a Kennedy/Symington ticket would have WON California.

Read the Dark Side of Camelot by Seymour Hersh, p.124-129:

Close JFK friend Hy Raskin: “Johnson was not being given the slightest bit of consideration by any of the Kennedys… On the stuff I saw it was always Symington who was going to be the vice president. The Kennedy family had approved Symington.” [Hersh, p. 124]

John Kennedy to Clark Clifford on July 13, 1960: “We’ve talked it out – me, dad, Bobby – and we’ve selected Symington as the vice president.” Kennedy asked Clark Clifford to relay that message to Symington “and find out if he’d run.” …”I and Stuart went to bed believing that we had a solid, unequivocal deal with Jack.” [Hersh, p.125]

Hy Raskin: “It was obvious to them that something extraordinary had taken place, as it was to me,” Raskin wrote. “During my entire association with the Kennedys, I could not recall any situation where a decision of major significance had been reversed in such a short period of time…. Bob [Kennedy] had always been involved in every major decision; why not this one, I pondered… I slept little that night.” [Hersh, p. 125]

John Kennedy to Clark Clifford in the morning of July 14, 1960: “I must do something that I have never done before. I made a serious deal and now I have to go back on it. I have no alternative.” Symington was out and Johnson was in. Clifford recalled observing that Kennedy looked as if he’d been up all night.” [Hersh, p. 126]

John Kennedy to Hy Raskin: “You know we had never considered Lyndon, but I was left with no choice. He and Sam Rayburn made it damn clear to me that Lyndon had to be the candidate. Those bastards were trying to frame me. They threatened me with problems and I don’t need more problems. I’m going to have enough problems with Nixon.” [Hersh, p. 126]

Raskin “The substance of this revelation was so astonishing that if it had been revealed to me by another other than Jack or Bob, I would have had trouble accepting it. Why he decided to tell me was still very mysterious, but flattering nonetheless.” [Hersh, p. 126]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Robert Morrow

Nice summary of the "LBJ did it" thesis by Morgan Reynolds, also commenting on Phil Nelson's book: LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's assassination. http://www.amazon.com/LBJ-Mastermind-Assassination-Phillip-Nelson/dp/1453503013

Intelligent Enough to Be a "Mastermind"?

Morgan Reynolds:

I've read this thread, Philip F. Nelson's book and Barr McClellan's, trying to discover if LBJ is the key to the JFK assassination conspiracy. How good is the case against LBJ? Nelson makes a remarkably compelling case, though he errs badly on Lee Harvey Oswald I believe. But put that aside for now, Nelson makes a far more powerful and systematic case than McClellan made in 2003. McClellan adds to our knowledge about Ed Clark, LBJ's "fixer" power broker, thereby filling in a lot of the Texas picture with his insider knowledge, but it is weak on the national connections that were necessary and proven to have pulled off the assassination and cover it up. In the best tradition of science, Nelson followed the stimulating lead of McClellan and other accusers of LBJ and assembled a strong case with evidence like Connally (almost certainly duped) and LBJ staffers manipulating the motorcade and promoting a Secret Service stand down.

The vice president should always be the highest ranked suspect in a presidential assassination based on motive alone. Remember Shakespeare's favorite material? And LBJ had motive in spades: his lifetime ambition was to become president, last chance, he was about to go down in the Bobby Baker and Billy Sol Estes scandals, and likely more of his crimes would be "outed," knew he was off the ticket in 1964, hated the Kennedys, etc., etc. None of these facts directly undermine propositions about the shadow government, powers-that-be, etc., but individuals in direct positions of government power matter big-time, not just those with indirect power; inside vs. outside.

How about ruthlessness? No question there, we have overwhelming evidence of insatiable greed for power and money (sex too of course) pursued by any and all means.

Skill in personal manipulation? Unexcelled.

Intensity? Oh yes.

Connections? Unexcelled: Congress, Executive, national security state, Big Oil, even eastern finance and the judiciary. Hard to top LBJ.

What about LBJ's intelligence? That is a key in this whole acrimonious debate. I say, yes, LBJ was intelligent enough to be the mastermind, if we stick with Nelson's strong subtitle. It's a mistake to dismiss someone as "dumb" because he never read a book, cannot debate abstract ideas or solve complex problems. Look at LBJ's body of work: born in humble circumstance, this psychopath rose to the top by cunning, lies and murder. Has anyone ever advanced more rapidly in the U.S. Senate or dominated it like LBJ did? Or accumulated a bigger personal fortune via corruption as an elected federal official? I can't name one. In any event, his "accomplishments" are gargantuan.

The exact meaning of intelligence is still debated:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence

But LBJ was incredibly "street smart," a kind of perverse genius. He was the kind of guy who could be dropped at the door of the college in San Marcos, as Nelson describes, or Congress or any other organization and quickly figure out right away who to "zoom" or who to steamroll and get to the top in pretty rapid order. No, LBJ wouldn't be the mastermind in the sense of drawing up a complex plan and executing all or most of its details, but he would be smart enough to enlist and persuade the right "experts" in "taking out the trash," as hired killers express it. If it needed proving, LBJ knew people and could go for the jugular, as Nelson proves. And given all we know about the background, e.g., JFK and the Unspeakable, the VP had a nearly perfect recruiting environment to work in (plot). Oh, could someone like Allen Dulles first mention the whole idea in coded language to LBJ, and thereby be the initiator? Possible, but far more likely LBJ, I'd say.

LBJ was intelligent in the sense of this definition of intelligence:

Sternberg & Salter Goal-directed adaptive behavior.[9] Reuven Feuerstein The theory of Structural Cognitive Modifiability describes intelligence as "the unique propensity of human beings to change or modify the structure of their cognitive functioning to adapt to the changing demands of a life situation."[10]

LBJ was "goal directed" and "adaptive." But given all the heat over the term "mastermind," I'd say "catalyst" might be easier to defend with the same powerful evidence Nelson assembled and stimulate less heat and obfuscation. Nelson relies on the work by hundreds of research predecessors and with gracious acknowledgement. That is admirable, yet he takes incredible "incoming." How about LBJ as the "sine qua non," or did Jack Ruby use those exact words!? A rose by any other name.

• 4 months later...
Guest Robert Morrow

George Taylor, age 65 in 2011, remembers the day in 1967 when his car going 100 mph almost collided with a car being driven by President Lyndon Johnson. Taylor was on Hway 290 heading east towards Johnson City (in the direction of the LBJ ranch). Johnson was driving his car in essentially a cow pasture prairie, kicking up dust like a black tornado. Taylor had to slow his car as LBJ made his entrance onto Hway 290, kicking up rooster tails (sparks), also going east on Hway 290:

George Taylor on 6/11/11 describing his 1967 near collision with LBJ:

“As a lad of 21 in 1967 my interests were fast cars and faster women. My sole political statement was in 1964. I heard the Beatles singing about no god, no country and the brotherhood of man. I removed the radio from my car and threw it into the trash. I missed the rock-and-roll of my youth...but it was a small price to pay for a clear mind.

My "hot rod" was certainly not the one songs were written about. It was a 1961 Falcon that I fitted with a high performance V8 that I feel would have run 135 mph. It was in that car in 1967 my 65 year old father Jack Taylor and I were returning from a family visit in Tucson.

The roads were good and the weather was clear. There was little traffic and even at 100 mph I found myself getting passed. We pulled out of Fredericksburg and were about half way of the 30 miles or so from Johnson City Texas on State Hwy 290. I was running about 100 mph when to my left across a prairie I saw what I felt was a tornado. As the "tornado" got closer I realized it was a black Lincoln driving at high speed across the prairie. We were traveling at the same angle and would have intersected had I not slowed down. The Lincoln went through a barbed wire fence. The big car "rooster tailed" as it left the dirt and entered the highway slinging gravel and debris ahead of me. The black "tornado" pulled away from me at speeds well above 100 mph heading east on 290. In just moments it was gone. But for a glance I saw the driver looking as drunk as Hooter Brown. The prairie was the LBJ Ranch and the driver was LBJ.

We stopped in Johnson City for fuel. It was up to 35 cents a gallon. Seemed like only months before it was 27.9 cents. A little before that I had bought fuel for 7.9 cents in a "gas war". I told the gas station owner I was young but realized 7.9 cents was too cheap. He just laughed and told me I had no idea what was going on. The drill was to put the independents out of business. He told me when I was grown I would not believe what gas would cost. At 35 cents a gallon I was starting to understand.

Pop asked where he could find the drug stores in Johnson City. The pump jockey (yes..for 35 cents they filled the tank for you). The attendant laughed and said there are no "stores"...just one of each. There was only one drug store in 30 miles.. left at the light and a few blocks up.

Pop asked the druggist a question about a medication and then asked what the chances were of the president coming in the drug store. The druggist answer was just what pop wanted to hear..."not a chance in hell...I barred the sob from my drug store". Pop said you barred the President of the United States from his hometown drug store... the only drug store in 30 miles? Yes...that damned pillhead Lyndon comes in here with a list of drugs he wants. I tell him I need a doctors prescription. Lyndon explodes. Says there is no higher law in the land than a Presidential Order and he is ordering the druggist to fill the drug list. The druggist tells LBJ that he is not getting anything without a prescription from a doctor. LBJ explodes. The druggists tells LBJ he can have his goons take the druggist out back and work him over...but he is not getting drugs. The druggist told LBJ to get out and not come back.

It was and interesting civics lesson my high school had not prepared me for.

A side note per the JFK investigation. My brother Alfie was a crack pool player who hung at the Cotton Bowling Palace in Dallas. It was a hub of nightlife and frequented by Jack Ruby. Alfie figured the feds would swoop down on the Cotton Bowling Palace and investigate all the known Ruby associates. No fed ever showed. It was as if an investigation was not necessary and they already knew everything they needed to know.

I knew throwing away my radio was a good thing.”

George Taylor

Postscript from George:

“I was heading east...the ranch to my left to the north.. The Lincoln was heading southeast at an angle and we made eye contact as he pulled in front of me. If he [Lyndon Johnson] was not high [drunk] he was doing a great W C Fields impersonation. GT”

Edited by Robert Morrow

• 2 months later...
Guest Robert Morrow

Here is an email from a reader that I just got. I, too, am beginning to think that Lyndon Johnson was planning the JFK assassination even BEFORE the 1960 Democratic convention, or certainly as he was strong-arming his way onto the 1960 Democratic ticket (see Seymour Hersh, The Dark Side of Camelot).

So I am going to share this quality email:

"Hi. I just read your excellent post about the LBJ-CIA assassination of JFK on forum.davidicke.com. I took a renewed interest in the assassination last year, and have spent probably 1,000 hours reading books and watching videos about it. I, too, found suspicious McGeorge Bundy’s drafting NSAM 273 the day before the assassination. Bundy was Skull & Bones, as was Allen Dulles & most CIA inner-circle, and likely an Agency infiltrator in the Administration. But I don’t agree LBJ killed JFK to block a destructive disclosure of his criminal history. I believe LBJ planned the assassination even before the 1960 Democratic Convention – the moment he realized JFK was going to be the party’s nominee. There is a brilliant 6-DVD compilation (perhaps you’ve seen it) called Evidence of Revision. In a segment on Disc 3, Kennedy’s secretary, Evelyn Lincoln, reveals why and how LBJ got the vice presidential nomination. He blackmailed JFK into nominating him, using evidence of Kennedy’s womanizing provided by his friend and neighbor J. Edgar Hoover. The decision to nominate LBJ was made in total secrecy, by only Jack and Bobby, in a Biltmore hotel room. Evelyn Lincoln, passing unnoticed in and out of the room, was the only witness, and heard them agonizing about the dilemma. Years later she told the story in a videotaped interview. Johnson had a mania to be president, and the only way was to be a gunshot away as VP. Announcement of the decision to nominate LBJ stunned nearly everyone. But Johnson got what he wanted. He became VP and the assassination inevitable."

• 2 months later...

In searching for the sources of the available information of L. Robert Castorr, I came

upon this book. Isn't it odd that no "snippets" are available on google books, and

that the scan has so many garbled words and wierd symbols. One could almost

suspect that this work is reluctantly made available....I said almost!

It was a chore to extract this sample of Joesten's wrting, but I was impressed by what

Joesten has to offer and I've read that John Simkin was, also.

Now, one of the many correspondents personally unknown to ne who wrote to me aftav

the publication of Oswald .: ^Assassin ,_oг_ Fall Guy? to volunteer

additional inforr.ation has boen able to identify this

myatorious colonel. He is Col. Robert L. Castorr,

formerly of Dallas, and a close friend of General Edwin A. Walker.

In the period immediately preceding the assassination,

Castorr and iYolker held paveral neetings with Cuban. refugee groups

in the Dallas area at which inflamnatory speeches

against the Kennedy Administration were made. After the assassination, Col.

Castor:: moved to Washington whore ho is now enployed by tho

"IJational Federation of Independent Businesses." His hone is at 451l 33rd Street,

Worth Arlington, Virginia. It is to be hoped that District Attorney Garrison

7/Îll do something the Warren Conuiiasion should have done but, cls usual, failed to do:

subpoena Colonel Colonel Castorr and grill him relentlessly about his

and General 'Volker 's role in the events that led up to the assassination.

A final word, about Nancy's fir et husband, Robert Forrin.

Lilvo Ruby, ho was aliving link be two en tho Mafia and the CIA. Perrin, like Ruby,

was a dope smuggler and white slaver for the Mafia (Jack

Dragna, Mickey Cohen otc.) on one hand, and a gun-runner for the CIA on tho other.

Soon after the assassination of President Kennedy, Perrin died in Hew Orleans, of all placei?

http://books.google.com/books?q=voluminous...nG=Search+Books

The case against Lyndon B. Johnson in the assassination of President Kennedy‎

by Joachim Joesten - 1967 - 160 pages

Orleans Parish Grand Jury Testimony of Harold Weisberg, 28 Apr 1967

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=1210&relPageId=59

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=1210&relPageId=61

SUMMARY FOLDER OF OS/SAG INVESTIGATIVE FILES

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=1154905

THE CASE AGAINST LYNDON B. JOHNSON IN THE ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT K

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=1026638

Dealey Plaza Echo, Volume 6, Issue 1

Current Section: A Rough Guide to Oswald Lookalikes (Part IV), by Mark Bridger

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=389123

During World War II, Castorr had been assigned to General Joseph Stilwell commander of the China-Burma-India theater. He was involved in public relations in the Army.

In searching for the sources of the available information of L. Robert Castorr, I came

upon this book. Isn't it odd that no "snippets" are available on google books, and

that the scan has so many garbled words and wierd symbols. One could almost

suspect that this work is reluctantly made available....I said almost!

It was a chore to extract this sample of Joesten's wrting, but I was impressed by what

Joesten has to offer and I've read that John Simkin was, also.

Now, one of the many correspondents personally unknown to ne who wrote to me aftav

the publication of Oswald .: ^Assassin ,_oг_ Fall Guy? to volunteer

additional inforr.ation has boen able to identify this

myatorious colonel. He is Col. Robert L. Castorr,

formerly of Dallas, and a close friend of General Edwin A. Walker.

In the period immediately preceding the assassination,

Castorr and iYolker held paveral neetings with Cuban. refugee groups

in the Dallas area at which inflamnatory speeches

against the Kennedy Administration were made. After the assassination, Col.

Castor:: moved to Washington whore ho is now enployed by tho

"IJational Federation of Independent Businesses." His hone is at 451l 33rd Street,

Worth Arlington, Virginia. It is to be hoped that District Attorney Garrison

7/Îll do something the Warren Conuiiasion should have done but, cls usual, failed to do:

subpoena Colonel Colonel Castorr and grill him relentlessly about his

and General 'Volker 's role in the events that led up to the assassination.

A final word, about Nancy's fir et husband, Robert Forrin.

Lilvo Ruby, ho was aliving link be two en tho Mafia and the CIA. Perrin, like Ruby,

was a dope smuggler and white slaver for the Mafia (Jack

Dragna, Mickey Cohen otc.) on one hand, and a gun-runner for the CIA on tho other.

Soon after the assassination of President Kennedy, Perrin died in Hew Orleans, of all placei?

http://books.google.com/books?q=voluminous...nG=Search+Books

The case against Lyndon B. Johnson in the assassination of President Kennedy‎

by Joachim Joesten - 1967 - 160 pages

Orleans Parish Grand Jury Testimony of Harold Weisberg, 28 Apr 1967

http://www.maryferre...10&relPageId=59

http://www.maryferre...10&relPageId=61

SUMMARY FOLDER OF OS/SAG INVESTIGATIVE FILES

http://www.maryferre...sPageId=1154905

THE CASE AGAINST LYNDON B. JOHNSON IN THE ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT K

http://www.maryferre...sPageId=1026638

Dealey Plaza Echo, Volume 6, Issue 1

Current Section: A Rough Guide to Oswald Lookalikes (Part IV), by Mark Bridger

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=389123

During World War II, Castorr had been assigned to General Joseph Stilwell commander of the China-Burma-India theater. He was involved in public relations in the Army.

Well, Joachim Joesten may have been a former Communist, but he was spot on about Colonel Castorr's association with the National Federation of Independent Business

its true, its true.......

L. Robert Castorr Association Executive

L. Robert Castorr, 92, a retired executive with a number of business groups and a retired

colonel in the U.S. Army Reserve, died April 7 after a heart attack at National Naval

Medical Center in Bethesda.

Mr. Castorr, a resident of Bethesda, was born in Detroit and enlisted in the Army Reserve

at age 18 in 1930. He served in the Civilian Conservation Corps for a year, then after

further military training and education moved to active duty in 1940.

During World War II, he served in North Africa and in the Burma campaign as an infantry

combat commander. After the war ended, he briefly served as chief of staff and spokesman

for Gen. George C. Marshall at the Pentagon. He left active duty in 1947 but stayed in the

reserves until 1973.

Mr. Castorr worked as a field manager for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and as national

field manager and assistant to the president for the National Federation of Independent

Business, handling legislation and public relations, through the 1960s. He later moved to

the Small Business Administration, where he was assistant to its president and oversaw its

program for retired executives. In later years, he worked for himself as an international trade

consultant.

Mr. Castorr was an official with the World Conference of Mayors during the 1980s. He served

as an officer with the Order of St. John of Jerusalem, the Knights of Malta, and was a member

of the Order of St. Stanislas, a philanthropic organization.

His first two marriages, to Dorothy Castorr and Gertrude A. Castorr, ended in divorce.

Survivors include his wife of 30 years, Dorothy Vasco Castorr of Bethesda; two sons from his

second marriage, William Castorr of Battle Creek, Mich., and John Castorr of Dallas; two

brothers; five grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.

end

Washington Post, The (DC) - April 10, 2005

Deceased Name: CASTORR , L. ROBERT .

On Thursday, April 7, 2005 of Bethesda, MD. He is survived by his wife, Dorothy Vasco Castorr; his sons, William and John Castorr; his brothers, Albert Castorr and Larry Castle; five grand-children and seven great-grandchildren. Predeceased by his mother, father, brother, Arthur Castorri and son, Allan Castorr. Friends may call at the MURPHY FUNERAL HOME OF ARLINGTON, 4510 Wilson Blvd., 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, April 12. Funeral service and interment with Full Military Honors will be held at a later date at Arlington National Cemetery. He received a Presidential Citation from President Julius Sokolnieke of Poland, appointing him Brigidier General. In lieu of flowers and in keeping with the General's desires, memorial contributions may be made to the National Alzheimer's Association or the charity of your choice.

Washington Post, The (DC)

Date: April 10, 2005

Record Number: 061331050409

Copyright © 2005 The Washington Post

Commission Document 205 - FBI Report of 23 Dec 1963 re: Oswald pg 640

Mrs. CONNELL, a member of Cuban Catholic Relief, Conell voiced the opinion that EDWIN A WALKER and Colonel (FNU) CASTER a close acquaintance of WALKER have been trying to arouse the feelings of the Cuban refugees in Dallas against the KENNEDY administration She based this......

(UNDATED)

So stirring up dissension amongst the Cuban exiles in Dallas in 1963 [see WC Interview with Mrs C.L. Connell] equates with Full Military Honors, eh.

Guess you would have had to have been there......

Guest Tom Scully

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/StStanislas/StSHerald7.html

SSHerald.gif

...UNITED STATES:

Report of the Grand Priory of the United States

Spring, 2005

The priories of Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina are proceeding with plans for an investiture and regional meeting on May 15th. The Order is being hosted by the Mepkin Abbey in Charleston, South Carolina. Chevalier Artur Pacult and Dame Dawn Barrell are the hosts of the event. Chevalier Dr. Don Hunsaker II, GCCStS, Grand Prior of the United States will officiate in the absence of the Grand Prince Juliusz Sokolnicki.

The Washington DC area including nearby Virginia and Maryland, invited all Order members to attend a grand reception in honor of Ambassador at Large for the Order, B/General Robert Castorr .....

Brigadier General L. Robert Castorr ....

....He was a war veteran, and tireless Freedom Fighter for Poland, and a Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Saint Stanislas. He was 94 years old.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?n=l-robert-castorr&pid=3396562&fhid=3060

L. Castorr Guest Book | View 2 of 19 Entries:

More, below on each retired military officer displayed on this page:

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Winter-Park/st-stanislas-foundation-inc-3003404.aspx

http://www3.citadel.edu/pao/newsreleases/sy04-05/Seignious_bio.htm

Lieutenant General George M. Seignious II USA (Ret.) died on July 3, 2005 at the age of 84.

http://www.islandpacket.com/2009/12/17/1074124/heart-attack-claims-james-leach.html

Heart attack claims James Leach, decorated veteran, advocate for military

By PATRICK DONOHUE

Published Thursday, December 17, 2009

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:WQaGciGmPbMJ:library.sc.edu/socar/mnscrpts/WCWcontentslist.pdf+%22william+c+westmoreland%22+Sokolnicki&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShhpJiK5VpmqwfgdfooSQZksWLZ3E60ndN7865npNzGF4M2HvNoMSQ2xkDsAeBgmf7HXcq43mjb92RHfo97x1iLd0msWRjnYF92Z_DpVSGRAzilTCkJttxARl3rQv_bm9aGv4vl&sig=AHIEtbRBEPT6K-0Q3MKhCXeNBBlfvZDJ-g&pli=1

Finding Aid for Papers (ca. 1900-2005)

of General William Childs Westmoreland

II. Public Appearances / Ceremonies

Video 9

Award from Sovereign Order of St. Stanislas; Mrs. Westmoreland Awarded Order of the

Palmetto (Charleston, S.C.), 1994 Jan. 14 (115 min.)

Ceremonies at the Citadel, WCW awarded the Order of the White Eagle by his Serene Highness

Prince Juliusz Nowina Sokolnicki; Mrs. Westmoreland awarded the Order of the Palmetto at the

same ceremony. Footage includes a review of the Citadel cadets and a reception at home of

General Watts.

http://www.citadel.edu/root/home-page-test/90-shss/1600-advisory-board-members

Oliver L. Peacock

A native of West Palm Beach, Florida, he earned a B.A. in History from Florida Atlantic University before entering the U.S. Army and forging a career that led him to the rank of Major General and membership in the Infantry Hall of Fame. Since 1994, he has been the owner and operator of the O.L. Peacock Company of private investment management. He has served as a consultant to the Secretary of the Army, a member of the Florida Indian Affairs Commission, and as Military Secretary of the Governor of South Carolina.

Everyone mentioned, except Castorr, was from or moved to South Carolina after his "service."

Castorr's 2005 "reception" was held at the University Club in DC.

One of the few things I've found in common between Ernest Byfield, Jr. and William HG

Fitzgerald was membership at the DC University Club, aside from Byfield being Fitzgerald's choice as his best man. Fitzgerald and George M. Seignious served as high officials on the Atlantic Council until their deaths, along with John Macomber. Mr. James Greene of the Clemard Joseph Charles portion of DeMohrenschildt's WC tesitmony was also a Council member, and Macomber hired Thomas J. Devine as a Celanese V.P. Macomber is the brother of William B., who was best man in both Nancy Bush's wedding and in Thomas J. Devine's. Macomber was mentor when he was a McKinsey & Co., of newly hired MBA, Michael Ainslie, who later married Susan Hooker Braga, the daughter of Demohrenschildt step-nephew and Bush roommate, Edward Gordon Hooker.

The elderly John Macomber is still Treasurer of the Atlantic Council, and Dame Marjorie M. Scardino has been on the board of directors long enough now to be considered a fixture. Scardino is CEO of Pearson, PLC, and her husband is the brother

of Michael Ainslie's first wife. All of this is coincidental, of course, as with everything else, it just sort of falls into place, but must all be random happenstance, because to contemplate any other scenario, would encourage CTs!

• 3 months later...
Guest Robert Morrow

Katharine Graham and her salons: CIA guys well represented as well as Lyndon Johnson. Lyndon Johnson was one of the key congressional overseers of the CIA in the early 1950's. I am sure his relationship with Allen Dulles was a long and deep one.

(I do think the deep CIA/military connections of Lyndon Johnson and his Texas oil men served them well on 11/22/63. Note that LBJ was one of the key congressional overseers of the CIA in the early 1950's. Frank Wisner and Phil Graham were 2 of the key cogs of Operation Mockingbird, the vast CIA operation to manipulate the media. Phil Graham was also a significant LBJ supporter in 1960. - Robert)

Author Deborah Davis:

"The Graham salons were also, at times, purely social events. Katherine wrote her mother about one of these in the early fifties. The dinner had been given for John Stembler, a college friend of Phil's with whom he still kept in touch, and his wife Kate, who were in town from Atlanta. Katharine noted to Agnes that the occasion gave her an opportunity to repay sixteen obligations, so she hadn't minded the large group. The party included quite an assortment of people, from both journalism and government: Crosby Boyd, Philip Perlman, the U.S. solicitor general; George Neese Clark, the U.S. treasurer, who the next day sent Lally and Donny dollar bills that she had signed; the Drew Pearsons; the Frank Wisners; G. Frederick Reinhardt, from the Office of Eastern European Affairs at the State Department ; and his wife. Also present were Benjamin Bradlee, a young reporter at the Post whom Phil thought highly of, and his wife, Jean. Jean was a cousin of Senator Leverett Saltonstall, the former governor of Massachusetts, who had been appointed to the Senate in 1944 to fill the vacancy created when Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr., joined the army. He was one of a very small and secret group of congressmen and senators who met informally to oversee the CIA, a group that included Richard Russell, Harry Byrd, and Lyndon Johnson, an opportunistic young senator from Texas whom Phil Graham was bothering about civil rights."

[Deborah Davis, Katharine the Great: Katherine Graham and the Washington Post, p. 141]

The book "Katharine the Great" is an excellent book on Operation Mockingbird, the CIA's vast media manipulation scheme.

http://www.amazon.com/Katharine-Great-Graham-Washington-Empire/dp/0941781135/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331093073&sr=8-1

Katharine the Great : Katharine Graham and Her Washington Post Empire [Paperback]

Deborah Davis

Book Description

Publication Date: October 1991 | ISBN-10: 0941781135 | ISBN-13: 978-0941781138 |

THE BOOK THEY TRIED TO SUPPRESS ...

When the first edition of Katharine the Great was published, Katharine Graham had it pulled from the bookstores and pulped. But Deborah Davis sued the publishers for censoring her book, and won. Now this new, updated edition goes beyond Watergate all the way through Contragate, and shows how the Washington Post has changed during the Reagan-Bush years.

Although Katharine Graham is surely one of the most powerful women in the world, few people are aware of the extent of her influence. World leaders meet with her; presidents meet with her; anyone moving up in the circles of power in the nation's capital tries to meet with the owner of the Washington Post - Newsweek communications conglomerate.

Katharine the Great is the story of a woman born into wealth and power. Her husband, the brilliant, mercurial Philip Graham, became the publisher of her father's paper, the Post, while she settled down to home life. But by the 1950s Philip Graham was battling manic depression, and in 1963 he committed suicide.

Middle-aged and inexperienced, Katharine Graham took over the newspaper. Together with Ben Bradlee she made the Post successful and powerful, publishing the Pentagon Papers and pursuing the Watergate investigation that led to Richard Nixon's resignation. After Watergate, the Post- and Kay Graham - became an institution, a fourth branch of government.

Edited by Robert Morrow

“As a lad of 21 in 1967 my interests were fast cars and faster women. My sole political statement was in 1964. I heard the Beatles singing about no god, no country and the brotherhood of man. I removed the radio from my car and threw it into the trash. I missed the rock-and-roll of my youth...but it was a small price to pay for a clear mind.

He is obviously talking about John Lennon's statement -- the Beatles more popular than Christ. And "The Ballad of John and Yoko," which was actually a Beatle's song. And Lennon's song "Imagine." That last song in my opinion is about Communism or the new world order. Castro (when he was alive) had a John Lennon bronze statue of Lennon sitting on a bronze bench, waiting for people to talk to him. It's in a little "park" in Cuba. Now the Cubans can hear Beatle music. The years covered here are 1966 - 1971, not 1964. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Kathy C

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Robert Morrow

There have been many accounts of the Kennedys manuevering to knock LBJ off the 1964 Democratic ticket. Despite public denials at the time, that is EXACTLY what was happening. And moreover, LBJ believed 100% - and correctly - that is what the Kennedys were doing.

I really think that Lyndon Johnson murdered JFK more out of fear than out of a sense of attaining a lifetime dream. Not only was LBJ afraid of being politically destroyed and publicly humiliated by the Kennedys, he feared for possible criminal prosecution in the burgeoning Bobby Baker scandal.

Like I have said many of times, I think LBJ had plenty of help from CIA/elements of military in the JFK assassination.

"But denying any intent to dump Johnson was good politics. There is no doubt that if scandal sank the vice president, not a tear would have been shed in the White House. More important, Johnson believed the Kennedys wanted him off the ticket. Shortly after the Baker scandal broke, Johnson had dinner with friends, including Liz and Leslie Carpenter. Johnson's car took the couple home and Johnson rode with them. "Park in the driveway and let's talk a few minutes," Johnson said. "I think I'm going to announce that I'm not going to run again for vice president so that I can get off that ticket before they try to knock me off. What I would like to do is go back to Texas and be president of Southwest Texas State Teachers College."

[Randall Woods, "LBJ: Architect of American Ambition, p. 414, Leslie Carpenter oral history]

Guest Robert Morrow

Lyndon Johnson, since the early 1950's, was one of a handful of senators/congressmen giving congressional oversight over the newly created CIA.

Also, Lyndon Johnson and his aide Walter Jenkins had "Q clearance" for atomic and nuclear material related matters. That was the highest clearance given at that time and it was the equivalent of what President Eisenhower himself had. In other words, LBJ and Walter Jenkins had access to *everything* relating to nuclear/atomic matters. My source for this was someone who worked for Lyndon Johnson (not privileged to say who, yet).

Q clearance: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_clearance

Additionally, during the 1950's, there was no more powerful figure in Congress who was an advocate for CIA/military spending than Lyndon Johnson. By the late 1950's, the Democratic Senate Majority Leader Lyndon Johnson was wielding power in Washington, DC that was not much less than President Dwight Eisenhower.

Lyndon Johnson during these times was establishing deep CIA/military ties that paid off in spades for him during the JFK assassination. Here is a passage that illustrates LBJ's associations at the highest levels with CIA/military. LBJ was their congressional "go to guy" for enormous amounts of money including black budget intelligence funding.

[Evica, "A Certain Arrogance," p.215]

When Senator Lyndon B. Johnson became chair of the Committee on Aeronautical and Space Science, the Texas powerbroker had been able to wear two significant military/intelligence hats, chairing both the Senate Preparedness Subcommittee and Aeronautical and Space Science. In 1959 and then in 1960 during Senate hearings called "Missiles, Space, and Other Major Defense Matters," Johnson gave a splendid "I'm shocked" response to testimony from the Bureau of the Budget, the Joint Chiefs, and from a raft of "military experts." Even Eisenhower's Secretary of Defense cooperated with Senator Johnson in establishing the fictional but crucial "missile gap." A typical LBJ topic- how big was his "missile" opposed to any one else's- had been established (despite its military fiction), and, given LBJ's enthusiastic support, it became a major political argument in the JFK/LBJ presidential campaign, an issue often mistakenly attributed to John F. Kennedy himself.

LBJ, the Bureau of the Budget, and Funding the CIA and the Pentagon

Having for several years tanked in every encounter with the Pentagon, the Bureau of the Budget took another dive during the 1960 LBJ Senate hearings as the Bureau wore the somber colors of Eisenhower's "administrative failures." Senator Johnson was able to generate "a litany of military requests" that became, in fact, a Defense Department "shopping list." Throughout the Eisenhower Administration, Senator Johnson was the crucial ally of the military/intelligence coalition as it collected its funding from inside the Pentagon budget, especially after the heavily publicized threats of Soviet space and missile programs. The softest entry for the U.S. intelligence's black budget operations then became the hot areas of "air" and "space," specifically through the U.S. Air Force's programs in research and development, and then through NASA, hence Johnson's 1959-1960 Senatorial pressure on the Eisenhower White House that was topped by his 1960 Senate hearings.

What followed were the "research and analysis" contracts (with their significance intelligence dimensions) for aircraft and space companies and think tank/development corporations funded by the Pentagon, all of them ostensibly working for the Air Force and the U.S. "aerospace" program. For LBJ and Texas, following his collaboration with the USAF, aerospace research and development (both in the government and business), the Budget Bureau, and with covert intelligence operations hidden inside persistent Pentagon funding appeals, the payofff was staggering: "As President, [LBJ] .... helped engineer the greatest Pentagon raid on the [u.S.] treasury since World War II. Among other results was a gigantic defense-industry boom for his home state, Texas."

Johnson had elected to join the Budget Bureau/Pentagon/black budget intelligence team in the early 1950's, collecting Senatorial power and privilege; then as Vice President he acquired more potency for U.S. space and missile programs, the only areas that really mattered to him and Texas, unti he "rode the tiger of military [and covert intelligence] spending into the White House ...[and] it rode him out."

Edited by Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

Lyndon Johnson told Robert Novak in 1962 that the Kennedys were losing the cold war against the Soviet Union, losing to conservatives in Congress and that Robert Kennedy was planning to dump him off the 1964 Democratic ticket.

(Robert Novak later married Geraldine, an aide to LBJ.)

"After a Texas-style cookout, LBJ reclined, nearly prone, by the swimming pool. It was just the two of us drinking Scotch, and he spoke with a candor he never bestowed on me before or after. He felt the Kennedy administration was in serious trouble, losing the cold war to the Soviet Union and losing the legislative war to conservatives in Congress. He said that he had done everything the Kennedys had wanted, including foreign missions that only guaranteed him bad publicity.

He was repaid with insults and humiliation, especially from the attorney general. Johnson was sure Bobby Kennedy was plotting to dump him in 1964. "But I'm going to fool them," he said. "I'm going to pack it in after the term ends and go home to Texas." That would have been a huge scoop, but I knew Johnson was just blowing off steam.

As for going back to Texas, the political environment there was hardly more congenial for LBJ than it was in Washington. Johnson's protege, John B. Connally, had just won the Democratic nomination for governor of Texas, which still all but guaranteed election in Texas. As secretary of the Navy, Connally had been the highest Kennedy administration official bearing the LBJ brand.

But campaigning for governor, Connally removed the brand. With JFK and LBJ both unpopular in Texas, Connally ran against the administration he had just left, and won. Talking about Big John in that summer evening in 1962 led Johnson into self-pity. "John has turned my picture to the wall," LBJ told me. "You know I would never turn his picture to the wall.""

[Robert Novak, "The Prince of Darkness," p. 90-91]

Edited by Robert Morrow

Lyndon Johnson, since the early 1950's, was one of a handful of senators/congressmen giving congressional oversight over the newly created CIA.

Also, Lyndon Johnson and his aide Walter Jenkins had "Q clearance" for atomic and nuclear material related matters. That was the highest clearance given at that time and it was the equivalent of what President Eisenhower himself had. In other words, LBJ and Walter Jenkins had access to *everything* relating to nuclear/atomic matters. My source for this was someone who worked for Lyndon Johnson (not privileged to say who, yet).

Q clearance: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_clearance

Additionally, during the 1950's, there was no more powerful figure in Congress who was an advocate for CIA/military spending than Lyndon Johnson. By the late 1950's, the Democratic Senate Majority Leader Lyndon Johnson was wielding power in Washington, DC that was not much less than President Dwight Eisenhower.

Lyndon Johnson during these times was establishing deep CIA/military ties that paid off in spades for him during the JFK assassination. Here is a passage that illustrates LBJ's associations at the highest levels with CIA/military. LBJ was their congressional "go to guy" for enormous amounts of money including black budget intelligence funding.

When Senator Lyndon B. Johnson became chair of the Committee on Aeronautical and Space Science, the Texas powerbroker had been able to wear two significant military/intelligence hats, chairing both the Senate Preparedness Subcommittee and Aeronautical and Space Science. In 1959 and then in 1960 during Senate hearings called "Missiles, Space, and Other Major Defense Matters," Johnson gave a splendid "I'm shocked" response to testimony from the Bureau of the Budget, the Joint Chiefs, and from a raft of "military experts." Even Eisenhower's Secretary of Defense cooperated with Senator Johnson in establishing the fictional but crucial "missile gap." A typical LBJ topic- how big was his "missile" opposed to any one else's- had been established (despite its military fiction), and, given LBJ's enthusiastic support, it became a major political argument in the JFK/LBJ presidential campaign, an issue often mistakenly attributed to John F. Kennedy himself.

LBJ, the Bureau of the Budget, and Funding the CIA and the Pentagon

Having for several years tanked in every encounter with the Pentagon, the Bureau of the Budget took another dive during the 1960 LBJ Senate hearings as the Bureau wore the somber colors of Eisenhower's "administrative failures." Senator Johnson was able to generate "a litany of military requests" that became, in fact, a Defense Department "shopping list." Throughout the Eisenhower Administration, Senator Johnson was the crucial ally of the military/intelligence coalition as it collected its funding from inside the Pentagon budget, especially after the heavily publicized threats of Soviet space and missile programs. The softest entry for the U.S. intelligence's black budget operations then became the hot areas of "air" and "space," specifically through the U.S. Air Force's programs in research and development, and then through NASA, hence Johnson's 1959-1960 Senatorial pressure on the Eisenhower White House that was topped by his 1960 Senate hearings.

What followed were the "research and analysis" contracts (with their significance intelligence dimensions) for aircraft and space companies and think tank/development corporations funded by the Pentagon, all of them ostensibly working for the Air Force and the U.S. "aerospace" program. For LBJ and Texas, following his collaboration with the USAF, aerospace research and development (both in the government and business), the Budget Bureau, and with covert intelligence operations hidden inside persistent Pentagon funding appeals, the payofff was staggering: "As President, [LBJ] .... helped engineer the greatest Pentagon raid on the [u.S.] treasury since World War II. Among other results was a gigantic defense-industry boom for his home state, Texas."

Johnson had elected to join the Budget Bureau/Pentagon/black budget intelligence team in the early 1950's, collecting Senatorial power and privilege; then as Vice President he acquired more potency for U.S. space and missile programs, the only areas that really mattered to him and Texas, unti he "rode the tiger of military [and covert intelligence] spending into the White House ...[and] it rode him out."

So many problems with your post...so little time to address them all. First off, you are not taking George Michael's work within the context in which it was written. LBJ was always the consummate "worker bee" for the powers that be. In other words, he was a facilitator. He was not born of that aristocratic class. His only ticket inside, that was itself a product of his own self delusion, was his willingness to become the lackey for those in REAL power. They are the faceless and nameless SPONSORS of the apparent movers and shakers. Without LBJ they would have found another different individual to fill the role. He was not a self made man, rather he was a created man--created in the image and likeness of one who would perform exactly as he was told to perform. Even as a senator he was about the business of his masters. He was no more than "the face" of the beast. He was not the beast itself. The sooner you understand that the sooner you will stop looking for sharks in swimming pools.

Guest Robert Morrow

That basically is one full page of Evica's work. And quite a good one at that.

Lyndon Johnson, all thoughout the 1950's had tremendous power. And, yes, he got that by being a lackey for Texas oil men, billionaires and defense contractors. We can name names of these people: Clint Murchison, Sr., H.L. Hunt, Sid Richardson, George Brown. I don't know when LBJ put the Rockefellers on his resume, but it was probably right at the time he rose to national prominence.

And I am sure there were many other VIPs who Lyndon Johnson was a lackey for. Lyndon Johnson in the 1950's and 1960's was the point man for what is known as the military-industrical complex. And that is who Eisenhower warned about in his farewell address. LBJ was the literally, walking, breathing mascot for the military industrial complex.

And not only that, while under the wing of Richard Russell, the chairman of the Armed Services Committee, LBJ became one of just a handful of senators/congressional who were giving congressional oversight to the newly created CIA. Lyndon Johnson was CIA down to his bone marrow.

If Fletcher Prouty was a worker bee at the CIA/military nexus, then Lyndon Johnson was appropriator for it for the whole ball of wax. LBJ knew what all the money for the "black budget operations" was going for and, more importantly, he knew the principals who were running those programs. There is no doubt those contacts with the principals came in quite handy in the JFK assassination. I particularly would like to know if Lyndon Johnson had any association with Gen. Ed Lansdale.

Edited by Robert Morrow

Robert Caro's April 2, 2012, New Yorker article: Transition, Lyndon Johnson and the events in Dallas

Abstract only.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/04/02/120402fa_fact_caro

Summary

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/26/robert-caro-s-new-yorker-essay-7-new-insights-into-lbj.html

Peter Fokes,

Toronto