The Education Forum

Larry Florer

Thomas Graves has asked me to post the following comparison.

After some excellent work, Thomas was able to secure this circa 1958 image of Larry Florer from the Highland Park yearbook.

As I was one who proposed that the Florer arrested in Dealey Plaza may not have been the real Florer, I have to say that this comparison goes a long way to suggest that it is the same man. Five years does make a difference but I believe they are one in the same.

Again, thanks to Thomas for his good work here.

Cheers,

James

After some excellent work, Thomas was able to secure this circa 1958 image of Larry Florer from the Highland Park yearbook.

As I was one who proposed that the Florer arrested in Dealey Plaza may not have been the real Florer, I have to say that this comparison goes a long way to suggest that it is the same man. Five years does make a difference but I believe they are one in the same.

Cheers,

James

James,

What exactly are the similarities between the two photos that make you think that they are the same guys?

Sincerely,

--Thomas

Cheers,

James

James,

What exactly are the similarities between the two photos that make you think that they are the same guys?

Sincerely,

--Thomas

Thomas,

I am far from an expert in this area but the nose and ears appear to be the same. The hair being parted on different sides is curious although the published yearbook image may have been flipped.

I have a history of getting these sorts of things wrong though. :)

James

What are the odds that two guys with the same name would strongly resemble each other?

There's a lawyer right here in Florida named Ronald L. Ecker. Same name as mine including middle initial. I'd be willing to bet that our looks are as dissimilar as our bank accounts.

What are the odds that two guys with the same name would strongly resemble each other?

There's a lawyer right here in Florida named Ronald L. Ecker. Same name as mine including middle initial. I'd be willing to bet that our looks are as dissimilar as our bank accounts.

Ron,

Do you think the two pictures that James posted for me are of the same guy?

--Thomas

P.S. Somehow I just knew you'd be the next person to "weigh in" on this... (lol)

Edited by Thomas Graves

Yes. Given the resemblance and the same name, why should it be questioned? The difference between them can be attributed to the time between the two photos.

Yes. Given the resemblance and the same name, why should it be questioned? The difference between them can be attributed to the time between the two photos.

Ron,

I guess that settles it-- the guy claiming to be "Larry Florer" who gave a sworn statement saying that he had gone into the DalTex building shortly after the assassination to use a telephone was not Ted Shackley or Edmund Kolby after all but was, really, a guy by the name of Larry Florer who graduated from Highland Park High School (a mile from the 3609 Potomac Avenue address claimed by him in his sworn statement of 11/22/63) in 1958...

That's gotta be a "first" for suspects in the assassination of JFK: someone who actually turns out to be who they claimed to be....

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Well, I suppose it's possible that Ted Shackley (or Edmund Kolby or whoever) had been waiting for a chance to impersonate Larry Florer of Highland Park, since there was certainly a resemblance, and finally got the opportunity in Dealey Plaza, having been dumb enough to get himself arrested. (So little time for planning the crime of the century, and no good help available.) But somehow I doubt it.

Well, I suppose it's possible that Ted Shackley (or Edmund Kolby or whoever) had been waiting for a chance to impersonate Larry Florer of Highland Park, since there was certainly a resemblance, and finally got the opportunity in Dealey Plaza, having been dumb enough to get himself arrested. (So little time for planning the crime of the century, and no good help available.) But somehow I doubt it.

Ron,

Aren't you disappointed (I know I am) that the Dealey Plaza "Larry Florer" really was who he claimed to be?

Sincerely,
--Thomas

P.S. If anyone wants to verify that a Mrs. Gladys H. Florer was living at 3609 Potomac Avenue in Dallas (the same address Larry Florer claimed in the statement he gave on 11/22/63), they can google '3609 POTOMAC' and FLORER (at the same time), scroll down to the fourth one on the "hit list" titled "RootsWeb: HOOVER-L Rudolph Huber", click on cached, and scroll down to the bottom. That's how I did it. (I think Gladys is/was probably Larry's mother...) FWIW, --Thomas cool.gif

__________________________________________ Edited by Thomas Graves

Aren't you just a tad disappointed (I know I am) that the DP "Larry Florer" evidently really was who he claimed to be?

What's disappointing is that the Dallas police were so busy arresting all the wrong people (Lee Harvey Oswald, Larry Florer, Jim Braden, Donald House, and a bunch of railroad hobos). The only killer they caught that weekend was Jack Ruby, and he didn't give them any choice.

Aren't you just a tad disappointed (I know I am) that the DP "Larry Florer" evidently really was who he claimed to be?

What's disappointing is that the Dallas police were so busy arresting all the wrong people (Lee Harvey Oswald, Larry Florer, Jim Braden, Donald House, and a bunch of railroad hobos). The only killer they caught that weekend was Jack Ruby, and he didn't give them any choice.

Ron,

I couldn't agree with you more, but would add that everyone you mention was an "actor" at some point or other, and some were much more witting than others... (I must confess that I must read up on D. House...) Perhaps Florer (like LHO?) was somehow manipulated into playing the "role" that he did, without his realizing it... As someone said, DP was full of teams, actors, spooks, and people in the know who wanted to witness the big show...

Sincerely,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Hi Thomas:

You may be interested to see this photo, taken a few years ago of Larry Florer with Howard K.Davis...

B..

That is Ed Kolby on the left and Howard K. Davis on the right.

James

James,

Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking that if it really was Florer and Davis together in a photo, it would make no sense, unless Florer for some strange reason wanted to "incriminate" himself...

Thanks,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves