The Education Forum

Edwin Walker

Jim Root

Walker was never '' blindly obedient '' . He he denied his sexual orientation, it remained as an influence in how it expressed itself. He regretted his Little Rock role. He disobeyed the Commander in Chief. He was an insurrectionist.

He wasn't even obedient to himself. He was an egomaniac who through his complex personality was a perfect candidate for a controlled middleman who organised the assassination for his masters and therein his conflicted self found some role that assuaged whatever awareness of his conscience he had and ensured his perpetual cooperation in the coverup.

Any statement that the enemy is without, not within, is flawed in the sense that people like Walker will always blame the without in order to avoid the inner self.

John, for the time being I will defer comment on your psychological interpretation of Walker, and propose my own developing psychological profile of Walker.

If (and only if) Walker was gay, we know sociologically that in the USA in 1962 Walker lived 'in the closet' so to speak. He had to keep his gender preference a precious secret.

As Jim Root suggested, anybody who discovered Walker's secret could easily blackmail him, simply because of American 1960's culture, especially in the Army. So, he lived a secret life.

One must also wonder about Walker's emotional health (if he was gay) from a more vital perspective; because he also, at the same time, wanted to run for public office! He actually ran for Governor of Texas, for example (although he finished last in a field of six Democratic candidates). After all, if Eisenhower could be President, whom the great Douglas MacArthur had called a mere 'desk jockey', then surely a war hero like Edwin Walker could be Governor.

I think Walker was continually running away from himself (which is close to what you're saying, John) and that is why he lived in a dream-world in which he could be Governor of Texas, and imagine that nobody would ask him why he never had a girl-friend.

Furthermore, if Walker had actually won his bid to be Texas Governor, I have little doubt he would have run for President of the United States soon afterwards -- after all, he was much more heroic than that rich Irish kid in the White House, whose fibs about his U-boat adventures seemed to inspire a generation. Besides, that Irish kid was a Communist, and Walker was a Pro-Blue as they come.

So, if (and only if) General Edwin Walker was gay, then he was probably using his Pro-Blue program as a screen to hide behind. And the closer anybody came to his secret, the louder he would promote his Pro-Blue program, and claim that his detractors must therefore be Communists.

If anybody started asking questions or poking around Walker's secrets, Walker's most successful retort would be to investigate their sins, their shortcomings, their secrets, or better, like Joe McCarthy, just accuse them outright of being Communists and watch them run for the door!

Walker's post-military philosophy seems fairly simple: attack others before they attack you.

In the absence of information about Larrie Schmidt -- which is very, very difficult to obtain -- I will hazard another speculation, here: Larrie Schmidt was on the staff of the Overseas Weekly newspaper. Walker hated the Overseas Weekly for some reason. So, perhaps the reason that Walker and Schmidt (that is, the Taro Leaf and the Overseas Weekly) came to such a clash with each other was that Schmidt almost found out that Walker was homosexual.

Walker changed the subject to a violent competition with Larrie Schmidt and his Overseas Weekly connection. Walker complained to as many superior officers as would listen, that the Overseas Weekly was a "subversive" newspaper, intent on making good Americans look bad to their German hosts. But nobody paid much attention to Walker's complaints.

Walker objected to the bikini models that graced every fouth page of the Overseas Weekly, and he thought that people would listen when he said that was "immoral". Almost nobody would listen -- evidently very few misogynists served in the Army. Walker called the Overseas Weekly the Oversexed Weekly, and when a few of his sychophants repeated this, Walker spread the rumor that "many soldiers" are objecting to the "immorality" of the Overseas Weekly.

But the Overseas Weekly staff stunned General Edwin Walker on April 16, 1961, when they accused General Walker of enforcing the indoctrination of the 24th Infantry Division with right-wing nut-country propaganda. This got the attention of the Pentagon, and the White House, and Walker was immediately instructed to step down and let somebody else Command the 24th until a proper investigation could be made.

So, Larrie Schmidt won the first round. General Walker's career was over. If this was what the over-ground newspapers said openly about General Edwin Walker -- we can only imagine what the underground rumor mill said about General Walker.

This scenario best explains -- in my humble opinion -- why General Walker would over-react to the slap on the hand that he received before his next big promotion. Walker, despite 30 years of brilliant service in two wars as a highly decorated Two-star General, decided to quit - to resign - and forfeit his retirement pension!

It just makes no sense why anybody would do that -- it smacks of emotional instability.

But those who encouraged him to do this -- i.e. H.L. Hunt and Billy James Hargis -- were famous people in Texas, and Walker was able once again to lose himself in their wild rodeo of ideas and intrigue.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to share another interesting item from the Edwin Walker Archives at the Briscoe Center for American History.

last week I shared a newsletter by General Walker dated September, 1983, entitled: TROJAN HORSE - USA.

There is one sentence in particular that I want to highlight:

-------------------- BEGIN ATTACHMENT ---------------------------------

THE TROJAN HORSE -- USA Sept. 1983

<snip>

* Attempted assassination by Lee H. Oswald, 9pm April 10, 1963, whose release from midnight custody was directed by the Kennedys before 7am -- he kills the President in November, the first time his name or stay in Russia (1959-62), was known to Walker, Germany (1959-61).

<snip>

-------------------------- END ATTACHMENT -----------------

Last week I pointed out the Big Myth of Edwin Walker claiming that Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested in Dallas on the night of April 10, 1963, when he allegedly took a pot-shot at General Edwin Walker sitting in his living room, working at his desk. Fine.

But there's another clause in that letter -- it says about Lee Harvey Oswald, "he kills the President in November, the first time his name or stay in Russia (1959-62), was known to Walker, Germany (1959-61)."

Now, we might think, "of course, Mr. Walker, nobody questioned that this was the first time you ever heard of Lee Harvey Oswald." Or did they?

Actually, they did. And not somebody else, either -- it was General Walker himself who contradicted his own statement.

This is what I'm uncovering at the Briscoe Center -- example after example of General Walker repeating this story again and again - but varying it a little bit each time. This is exactly what people do when they are lying.

To illustrate my point, I will share another item I found at the Briscoe Center so far this year. It is Edwin Walker's letter to Senator Frank Church on June 23, 1975. So this is actually eight years before the line above was written. This is what Walker says; I will type in the entire letter:

---------------- BEGIN ATTACHMENT --------------

EDWIN A. WALKER June 23, 1975

Senator Frank Church

US Senate Office Bld'g.

Washington D.C.

Dear Senator Church,

The Warren Commission found and concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald attempted to assassinate the undersigned at his home at 9pm, on April 10, 1963.

The initial and immediate investigation at the time of the incident reported two men at my home, one with a gun, seen by an eye-witness -- a neighbor.

Within days I was informed by a Lieutenant on the Dallas City Police Force that Oswald was in custody by 12pm that night for questioning. He was released on a higher authority than that in Dallas. There were two men, not a "Lonely Loner."

Please inform me if the CIA was involved in this attempted assassination?

Yours sincerely,

Edwin A. Walker

----------------- END ATTACHMENT -----------------

Look at the glaring contradiction. In 1975 he claims that the DPD informed him "within days" that they had Oswald in custody on the night of the shooting. Yet in the 1983 "Trojan Horse" letter, the same Edwin Walker claims that the day that JFK was killed in November, was "the first time his name or stay in Russia (1959-62), was known to Walker, Germany (1959-61)."

So - we have evidence that Walker was lying from his very own typewriter.

Now - which story is the truth? What parts of it are true and which are false? Are there partial truths? Why does Walker try to tell us details we aren't asking for?

After saying in 1975 that the DPD told Walker about Oswald in April, 1963, Walker said in 1983 that November, 1963 was the first time "his name" was known to Walker. There's the lie. But wait, there's more.

Why did Walker then give the dates that Oswald was in RUSSIA (1959-62) alongside the dates the Walker was in GERMANY (1959-61)?

What possible relevance could that be to the topic at hand? It seems like a non-sequitur at first glance - like Walker simply rambling.

HOWEVER - could it be, as Jim Root has already suggested, that Walker was directly involved in helping Oswald get into Russia?

If so, this could be another example of a Walker's unconscious leakage of information that keeps whispering, "I was there! I was there! I was there!"

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo, MA

Edited by Paul Trejo

I found another interesting item in the Julia Knecht Collection of the Walker Archives at the Briscoe Center for American History.

This is a newsletter by Edwin Walker dated September, 1983. The title of the article is: TROJAN HORSE - USA.

It is another rant by Walker against the Associated Press, whose $3m libel award against them Walker lost on a Supreme Court appeal. (Ironically it was Chief Justice Earl Warren who upheld the Associated Press appeal.) It is also another example of Walker writing about himself in the third person.

It is a strange reference to the fact that after many years of legal appeals (from 1973 to 1982), Walker finally obtained the Military pension that he voluntarily forfeited when he resigned in 1961.

The most interesting note in this rightist newsletter, IMHO, is Walker's oft-repeated Big Myth that Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested on April 10, 1963, and was released by the Kennedys that very night.

It might be interesting to reproduce the entire article here.

-------------------- BEGIN ATTACHMENT ---------------------------------

THE TROJAN HORSE -- USA Sept. 1983

Since the Kennedys are dead, the President and his brother the Attorney General, there should be no use to go to the court again, to prove again, that the Associated Press, with its 8,000 outlets at home and abroad, is a xxxx.

It has maintained in its releases for twenty years that Walker was forced out of the Army, retired with rank, title, pay and benefits.

Walker, with over thirty years of service, opted to resign from the Army, under Kennedy leadership, November, 1961. His decision was approved.

Now, the Associated Press has contradicted its own lies of twenty years.

In a recent release of July, 1983, it informs the public that Walker was reinstated by the Department of the Army to full rank, title, pay and benefits, as of February 1, 1982.

The intent of the Trojan Horse to destroy freedom and free speech is obvious.

The period was that of War and Revolution, to include:

* FBI surveillance beginning in November, 1961, following resignation and the Kremlin citation, "General Edwin A. Walker the Ultra" to be eliminated -- destroyed.

* Being officially listed by the Kennedys as "a threat to national security", the Trojan Horse had become a heavy, hostile contribitor to both citations.

* A compaign for governor considered a must to keep from being secretly put away or killed (both tried and both failed).

* False arrest and imprisonment by the Kennedys, based on Associated Press releases, lies -- libel, "General Edwin A. Walker leading charges against US marshals" distributed through 8,000 news agencies here and abroad.

* Trials, "Walker v. the Associated Press", by unanimous jury decisions in Texas and Louisiana courts, AP GUILTY of "reckless disregard for the truth". Judgments denied on AP appeal to the US Supreme Court, then 1967, the Warren "Commission" Court.

* Attempted assassination by Lee H. Oswald, 9pm April 10, 1963, whose release from midnight custody was directed by the Kennedys before 7am -- he kills the President in November, the first time his name or stay in Russia (1959-62), was known to Walker, Germany (1959-61).

* The Kennedy Watergate was more destructive in the abuse of power and the obstruction of justice than the one to cause the resignation of a President.

THE TROJAN HORSE - USA

is also an introduction to

THE KENNEDY DALLAS SETTING -- ASSASSINATION

intended for October mailing.

Edwin A. Walker

-------------------------- END ATTACHMENT -----------------

So, there's the Big Myth again. Interesting, right?

Finally -- I have one more concern. During the Mississippi riots of 1962, the Associated Press reported an eye-witness account of an observer saying that Walker led a charge of brick-throwing students at the riots. But the United Press International reported the opposite - that Walker led no charge.

It was simply a matter of conflicting testimony by eye-witnesses. Based on this, charges against Walker were dropped.

Based on this, a jury awarded Walker $3 million for slander by the Associated Press, but the Supreme Court stopped that award cold.

Now - who was telling the truth?

The Kennedy Library has actual film footage and sound recordings of the Mississippi riots, but they cannot be seen by the public today. (I know, since I've repeatedly asked.)

Three weeks ago I requested a FOIA screenting from the FOIA Task Force at NARA (National Archives and Records Administration), and I am told that in another three weeks I will have an answer regarding whether the public can finally see and hear these recordings of the Mississippi riots.

This seems like an odd policy for artifacts that are a half-century old. Why are they still so secure?

In any case, I will keep this Forum informed of the results of my request for this FOIA screening at NARA.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

This is amazing stuff you are presenting, Paul. It could possibly go to the heart of the matter. Have you read the writings of that guy who kind of broke the story of ole' miss (was it the ghosts of mississippi?) anyway whoever it was wrote that Kennedy himself went so far as to order that no medals should be given out to no one, tho a number were proposed, involved in bringing the event to a successful conclusion so that soon after the much more virulent Alabama gov made a symbolic gesture and stepped aside. These (ole' miss) were very tense moments with Katzenbach staying in sometimes tenuous contact with the Kennedys throughout the event, reporting and passing on orders.

I think Kennedy recognised the possible explosiveness of this situation.

re the psych stuff. I think we're more or less saying the same thing tho I'd like to add that it was the enforced conflict that he probably lived with for most of his life expressed itself in various perhaps predicable ways not really that different from a psychopath becoming a model prisoner within the confines which to Walker was the Army.

Have you come across the account where Walkers driver died in a possibly odd way and his surveillance of troops at station was a problem. Was that in the Overseas article?

Walker's earlier career is easier to track and much more interesting!

Jim Root

Jim, I agree half-way -- Walker's later career is very difficult to track - almost as if he was covering his tracks.

I can't agree that his earlier career is more interesting, though. It is out in the open as any war hero's career is out in the open. It is interesting, but I'm more interested in the hidden and the intriguing, especially where the assassination of JFK may be involved.

I'd like to reflect on the results of this thread in the past month or so. What do I still hope to find?

Taking cues from Jack Ruby, Frank Ellsworth (ATF), Dick Russell, Ron Lewis and Harry Dean (FBI) and anybody else who suspects that General Walker and the John Birch Society were at the head of a plot to assassinate JFK, I hope to find additional evidence.

The thread I would pursue would be a sentence from Walker's first speech after he quit the military in November, 1961. In December, 1961, Walker addressed the National Indignation Committee of Dallas, Texas, in perhaps his best speech, "Who Muzzled the Military?" Part of that speech was filmed, and the sentence I have in mind was filmed. The sentence is: "Of all our defeats in the Cold War, the capture of Cuba by the Communists is the most unacceptable!" <see Youtube link below>.

Whatever his faults, General Walker was sincere; he believed in his heart that Kennedy's failure to reverse the Cuban Red Revolution was proof of Presidential Communist tendencies. He was also somewhat paranoid of the Kennedys after his horrible psychiatric experience of late 1962.

After somebody tried to shoot him in his living room in Dallas on April 10, 1963, Walker suddenly fell silent. Years of public speaking suddenly stopped and we hear nothing more from him until late October, 1963, when he attacks Adlai Stevenson for daring to promote the United Nations in Dallas on 10/25/1963.

So - what was General Walker doing between 4/10/1963 and 10/24/1963? That's what I'm struggling to find out.

Let's focus on the testimony of Harry Dean, who belongs to this Forum, who said in very clear terms that he sat in the same room with General Walker and Congressman John Rousselot at a John Birch Society meeting in Los Angeles County in mid-1963, and Walker was directing plans to make Lee Harvey Oswald into the patsy of a plot to kill JFK.

Harry Dean clearly says that money was produced at this meeting, to be given to a special contact in Mexico City in September, who would in turn divide the money amongst the mechanics and the patsy. That special person, he said, was the famous Guy Gabaldon, a Saipan war hero.

I did some checking myself, and learned from another eye-witness in Los Angeles at the time, that the John Birch Society was indeed host to Guy Gabaldon and General Walker within the dates in question.

Harry Dean further claims that along with Lee Harvey Oswald, there were two Cubans who were identified in this conspiracy, who went by the names Angelo and Leopoldo, and were also known as Loran Hall and Eladio del Valle.

Any fanatic who demanded the destruction of Communism in Cuba in those days could be counted on to act upon that faith at any cost. Associating with like-minded fanatics would help to guarantee the Cause.

Gerry Patrick Hemming told Jim Root that he saw General Walker in Lousiana, at Lake Pontchartrain, a training ground for militant Cuban-Exiles that was organized by operated by Guy Banister and David Ferrie. This was operated with the full knowledge of the FBI, the CIA and even the White House (despite cross-orders which were intended to keep such actities hyper-secret).

My point is that Walker was there -- in Louisiana -- with Banister and Ferrie during the summer of 1963.

Harry Dean gives us this testimony as an FBI operative. He reported this same testimony to the FBI as it occurred -- but the FBI denies any knowledge of Dean's report. The records are unavailable.

I believe that if more attention were given to this line of research, more evidence would resurface, simply because the truth tends to resurface.

That's my summary of this thread so far.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo, MA

P.S. Here's the Walker video from 10/10/1961

Edited by Paul Trejo

...Harry Dean further claims that along with Lee Harvey Oswald, there were two Cubans who were identified in this conspiracy, who went by the names Angelo and Leopoldo, and were also known as Loran Hall and Eladio del Valle...

Harry Dean reminded me yesterday to correct this error. Although the Spartacus blurb on Harry identifies Angelo and Leopoldo as Loren Hall and Eladio del Valle, as I carelessly repeated, Harry Dean himself, in his Ms/book, says that the two were Loran Hall and Alonzo Escuirdo whose alias was 'Laurence Howard.'

To repeat: The Angelo and Leopoldo who took Lee Harvey Oswald to visit Sylvia Odio in late September, 1963, were actually Lorenzo Pacillo (alias Loran Hall) and Alonzo Escuirdo (alias Laurence Howard).

Harry Dean knew these two Cuban Exiles as Loran Hall and Laurence Howard (i.e. both aliases bore the initials, L.H.). Dean would sometimes refer to them by their alias last names, as simply, 'Hall and Howard.'

According to Harry Dean, 'Hall and Howard' had a close relationship with former Major General Edwin A. Walker. Whenever General Walker visited the John Birch Society in Covina, California, he would often meet with 'Hall and Howard' along with Harry Dean, Congressman John Rousselot, Guy Gabaldon and other select and exclusive members of the JBS and Minutemen organizations.

Harry Dean recalls specific JBS meetings in which Walker, Rousselot, Hall, Howard, Gabaldon and Dean laid the plans to frame LHO, who was presented to the group as a communist. Film of Oswald in New Orleans that summer (and possibly the Jack Martin film) was particularly damning of Oswald.

So, I thank Harry Dean for that correction. It goes far towards answering my question about the activities of General Walker in mid-1963, and his relationship with Lee Harvey Oswald before 11/22/1963.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

This is amazing stuff you are presenting, Paul. It could possibly go to the heart of the matter.

...These (ole' miss) were very tense moments with Katzenbach staying in sometimes tenuous contact with the Kennedys throughout the event, reporting and passing on orders. I think Kennedy recognised the possible explosiveness of this situation.

...Have you come across the account where Walkers driver died in a possibly odd way and his surveillance of troops at station was a problem. Was that in the Overseas article?

John, thanks for the kind remarks.

As for the Ole Miss period, it merits a movie, IMHO. Here was JFK struggling with the Cuban Missile Crisis, and all of a sudden Ole Miss breaks out in race riots.

What was worse, General Walker invited "thousands" of protestors from all over the USA to descend upon Ole Miss. A few thousand actually did drive in -- mostly students from Southern universities. These were the troublemakers.

Since Walker used the radio to call all these students into Mississippi, and they probably would not have been there except for Walker's call, JFK and his staff were ready to hold Walker accountable for any violence.

Also, there are two opposite accounts of Walker's role in the riots. Some say Walker led the riots. Others say Walker shook his head and went home early. The truth can be told by news film taken of the riots, but today the National Archives still withholds such film on FOIA technicalities. Why?

The point is that Walker had many followers in 1962. Perhaps two million voting Americans knew him and respected him. Also, since he was a World War Two war hero and a former General, the Pentagon also knew him and liked him. So JFK could not just treat him unkindly.

The proof is that after RFK had Walker locked up in an insane asylum following the Ole Miss riots, pending a six week psychiatric evaluation, Walker was out on the street after only five days, and was now a martyr for the right-wing, who now claimed that Psychiatry was Communist plot, and used lobotomy and electroshock to turn people into Communists. The famous Thomas Szasz joined the right-wing in this protest. So did the ACLU.

The Kennedy Administration had to back-pedal as fast as they could. The last thing they wanted was to make Walker a martyr. All charges were dropped in a few weeks when the Walker version (he went home early) was told to the judge. Case closed.

I don't know about others, but I want to see that NARA film today.

Also, John, as for the story about Walker's driver -- no, that was not in the Overseas Weekly articles of 16Apr61 that got Walker into so much trouble with the Army. The main charge that stuck was that Walker tried to influence his soldiers to vote his way in the Congressional elections.

I have not yet encountered any story about Walker's driver. Anything you can share about that would be very interesting to me.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul

It was not I who made this claim: "Gerry Patrick Hemming told Jim Root that he saw General Walker in Lousiana, at Lake Pontchartrain, a training ground for militant Cuban-Exiles that was organized by operated by Guy Banister and David Ferrie."

While Gerry Patrick Hemming was very forthcomming with sharing some information with me about his relationship with Walker the above information was never stated by me. Perhaps there was another person who provided you with that information. If in some way something that I shared with you implied such I am sorry but that information never came to me from GPH and to my knowledge I have never posted the same here or anywhere else.

Jim Root

Paul

It was not I who made this claim: "Gerry Patrick Hemming told Jim Root that he saw General Walker in Lousiana, at Lake Pontchartrain, a training ground for militant Cuban-Exiles that was organized by operated by Guy Banister and David Ferrie."

While Gerry Patrick Hemming was very forthcomming with sharing some information with me about his relationship with Walker the above information was never stated by me. Perhaps there was another person who provided you with that information. If in some way something that I shared with you implied such I am sorry but that information never came to me from GPH and to my knowledge I have never posted the same here or anywhere else.

Jim Root

OK, Jim, thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood one of your replies in this thread.

That information actually came from a thread in the Education Forum, years ago, from Gerry Hemming himself. Although he was a bit cryptic in his replies, Hemming was willing to share whatever he could without compromising his friends who still live in the para-military underworld.

Taking Hemming's word that he once saw ex-General Walker at the Lake Pontchartrain training camp for Cuban Exiles (courtesy RFK), I am tempted to combine his claim with Harry Dean's claim that he himself sat in mid-1963 meetings with ex-General Walker and Congressman Rousselot at an exclusive John Birch Society meeting in Covina, California, where the patsification of Lee Harvey Oswald was the topic of conversation.

Lake Pontchartrain was the sandbox of Guy Banister and David Ferrie. These were the keepers of Oswald during the summer of 1963. On a different occasion, David Atlee Phillips claimed that he saw Lee Harvey Oswald at Lake Pontchartrain.

All right -- so putting them all together, we find the ex-General Walker in the middle of Oliver Stone's JFK plot (taken from Jim Garrison).

The pieces fit, IMHO. Here at the ground level -- not high-level theory -- we see the contours of a right-wing conspiracy. But it's the ground-level details that are important -- not more abstract theory.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

...Re the "Oxford, USA" film distributed by the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission as propaganda. Even though it is full of lies it serves as a mind shaper study with numerous oral histories and selective footage...About '65 from mem...I doubt getting hold of a copy would require a FOIA. There must be a copy somewhere. Maybe Simms, or whatever they became, in Dallas.

John, I don't want to forget this citation. I want to see all sides of this issue. The main problem I have with Chris Cravens' mini-biography of General Edwin Walker is that when he ttalks about the Oxford Mississippi riots, he quickly takes Walker's side and claims that Walker only tried to calm the students down. He does not cover the pages and pages of eye-witness ttestimony that say exactly the opposite.

Also, John, do you have any idea how I can get in contact with James Meredith himself? I believe he still lives in Jackson, Mississippi.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

No, I don't, sorry, but It'd be interesting to know where he is.

The film was made in 62 -63. The MSC files are replete with requests for it till about mid '60's when it was withdrawn. Charles Evers, Medgars brother is around I think and may have something to say.

Guest Robert Morrow

Here is what a JFK researcher friend sent me:

Schmidt lives back in Lincoln, NE where he was raised. Lives on F Street.

Bernard Weissman lives on Pelham Rd. In New Rochelle, NY. Both are 75.

Here's an article Larrie Schmidt recently wrote.

http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/editorial/columnists/article_f35370ae-6b93-11df-ad7e-001cc4c002e0.html

Also Ashland Burchwell, General Walker's gunrunner was killed in Vietnam 1968 Special Forces CIA.

http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BurchwellAF01a.htm

More snipers of Walker team reside in Lafayette LA.

(By the way, Edwin Walker was gay.)

How do you know that?

Here is what a JFK researcher friend sent me:

Schmidt lives back in Lincoln, NE where he was raised. Lives on F Street.

Bernard Weissman lives on Pelham Rd. In New Rochelle, NY. Both are 75.

Here's an article Larrie Schmidt recently wrote.

http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/editorial/columnists/article_f35370ae-6b93-11df-ad7e-001cc4c002e0.html

Also Ashland Burchwell, General Walker's gunrunner was killed in Vietnam 1968 Special Forces CIA.

http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BurchwellAF01a.htm

More snipers of Walker team reside in Lafayette LA.

(By the way, Edwin Walker was gay.)

Robert, thank you; this is valuable information.

I plan to contact Larrie Schmidt and Bernard Weissman to ask them about their encounters with General Walker and Lee Harvey Oswald as alleged by Dick Russell in his book, The Man Who Knew Too Much (1992).

I looked in California and Nevada directories high and low and could not find the correct Larrie Schmidt.

Thanks, also, for the recent Newspaper editorial by Schmidt - it's good to know he's a family man with roots now.

As for the former Major General Edwin Walker being gay -- that is accepted by a number of writers. For one thing, he never married, never had a girlfriend that he talked about, and his archives have no records of any short-term relationship with a woman in his life. Also, after he had retired he was arrested, twice, for homosexual acts in public places.

I hope to contact his surviving nephew, George Walker, in case there was a "Dear John" letter in his background that he refused to talk about.

Now - from 1927 through 1961 when Walker served in the Army, the Army would have sacked him with a dishonorable discharge if they ever proved he was gay. But they didn't ask and he didn't tell, apparently. Those were naive times, and even a playboy like JFK could do wild things at the White House in full knowledge of the Press, and they would never leak it to the main media. So, as long as a high-profile person chose to remain in the closet, he or she could go a long way in American society in the old days.

That's not true anymore, obviously. We are a more liberal society, generally, but we hold our public officials up to a higher standard than in the past -- because the Press won't keep secrets anymore for anybody.

Thanks for the locations of Schmidt and Weissman, Robert. I'll chase them up as soon as I can.

BTW, do any of your many contacts know where I might obtain H.L. Hunt's LIFE LINE transcripts from Sep-Nov 1963?

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo, MA

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Guest Tom Scully

...If Walker was on public record before the JFK assassination, of believing that the Kennedy brothers had taken out a contract on him, and attempted to shoot him, that should have made Walker the prime suspect in the eyes of law enforcement after JFK was assassinated...

Richard, I've already shared three documents from General Walker's archives that deliberately seek to link himself with Oswald and JFK.

(1) I shared Walker's last known article on this topic, from November, 1991, which he claimed the DPD arrested Oswald on 4/10/1963, but RFK demanded his release that very night.

(2) I shared an excerpt from a longer article from April, 1967, by Walker, which also claims that Oswald was "picked up by the law enforcement agency between 9pm and 12 midnight...He was released...The pickup was withheld from the public."

(3) I shared Walker's interview with the German newspaper, Deutsche NationalZeitung, less than 24 hours after the JFK assassination. That article, published the following Sunday (11/29/1963) also claimed that Oswald was arresed for the April shooting at Walker on 4/10/1963, but was released by RFK.

Tonight I'd like to share two more articles from Walker's archives on this same topic.

(4) In a four page lambast of the Kennedy legacy, dated 6/12/1968, one week after the assassination of RFK, Walker as usual writes of himself in the third person: "If authority, in the hands of the Attorney General and the Justice Department, had not seen fit to free Oswald and his associates in the attempted assassination of Edwin A. Walker -- there is no reason to doubt that President John F. Kennedy and Senator Robert F. Kennedy would be alive today."

(5) In 1975, Senator Frank Church's Committee proposed re-opening the JFK assassination case. In a single page, typed letter to Senator Church, dated 6/23/1975, Walker writes:

"Dear Senator Church: The Warren Commission found and concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald attempted to assassinate the undersigned at his home, at 9pm on April 10, 1963. The initial and immediate investigation at the time of the incident reported two men at my home, one with a gun, seen by an eye-witness -- a neighbor. Within days I was informed by a Lieutenant on the Dallas City Police Force that Oswald was in custody by 12pm that night for questioning. He was released on higher authority than that in Dallas. There were two men, not a 'Lonely Loner.' Please inform me if the CIA was involved in this attempted assassination. Yours Sincerely, Edwin A. Walker"

On his typed copy, Walker writes in his own handwriting: "No reply."

So, there we observe two more examples of General Walker's curious claim that Oswald had been arrested by the DPD on April 10, 1963, and RFK demanded his release.

Three newspapers (to my knowledge) repeated that tale: The Deutsche NationalZeitung on November, 29, 1963, the National Enquirer on May 17, 1964 (though they refused to name their source) and the Kerrville Daily News on January 19, 1992.

I myself find nothing credible in that story -- but that is what makes me suspicious. Given that this story is an obvious fiction, why in the world would General Walker try to spread it around; not only the day after JFK was killed, but again and again, decade after decade?

It seems to me that this fabrication was intended to confess and even boast about something (i.e. a direct link between Walker, Oswald and the JFK assassination), as well as to misdirect attention from something (e.g. being a conspirator) to something else (e.g. being a victim).

This Big Myth by General Walker might possibly be a veiled confession. Otherwise, why in the world would he continue to push this false tale for the rest of his life -- especially since nobody in the world was paying any attention to him anymore?

It's suspicious to me. Now, if somebody were to say that General Walker believed it because he was suffering from paranoid delusions (as RFK himself suspected) then that would not absolve General Walker from suspicion, rather, in my opinion it should increase our suspicions that he was capable of concealed activity such as a conspiracy.

Just a theory - admittedly - but it continues to intrigue me.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul, I may have missed it, but I haven't read anything in this thread negating the possibility that Walker only knew between April, 1963, and late November, 1963, that the DPD had taken a suspect into custody on the night of the shooting incident at Walker's home, and that said suspect had been released in reaction to the influence of a higher authority than anyone in Texas law enforcement? Do I have that right, isn't that a conservative summation of what you have posted strong support for?

Until proven otherwise, taking this approach seems likely, a DPD supervisory officer gives Walker a heads up that a guy who seemed a likely suspect had been picked up and then quickly kicked under circumstances Walker's source either could not or would not elaborate on, beyond what is in my first paragraph. Does Walker actually confirm that his source had given him the specific name, Lee Harvey Oswald, in April, 1963? I don't see this in a specific statement. I don't see how it would be in the interest of DPD or a DPD supervisor to incite Walker by providing him with Oswald's actual name until after 22 November. Why would DPD want to sic Walker on a guy who had been picked up and held briefly with no weapon in his possession, and with no time for DPD to question this suspect in depth or to perform a paraffin test, forensics on his clothing, etc? How would the information of Oswald being taken into custody in Dallas, expand to an extent that, within three hours, beginning no earlier than 10:00 pm, EST, the name of Oswald had reached RFK or JFK and one of them had issued a release order, which was immediately carried out by DPD?

If accurate, wouldn't an FBI underling have had to have been informed of it, no earlier than 10:00 pm EST, sent it up the FBI COC, and from there, onto a DOJ liaison who was fortunate enough to encounter both his boss, and then Bobby, awake and ready to direct the Dallas DA and police chief what to do. all wrapped up by 2:00 am, EST?