The Education Forum

I have the book titled "The Assasssination Story" Printed by American Eagle Publishing Co. & President Robert A. Surrey. As it's been stated, this book was apparently printed in the home of General Edwin. A. Walker. It consists of 100's of newspaper clippings all from both The Dallas Morning News & The Dallas Times Herald from dates as early as November 17, 1963 through Late December of 1963. Apparently there were only 3,000 printed & they had sold 900-1,000 before the Dallas Times Herald ordered a cease & desist against American Eagle to stop printing them. The only place I can find this book even mentioned is in The Warren Commission. The articles are simply amazing to read & have them all pulled together in one book. I'm not sure of "The Truth", as I do not believe the truth will ever be known. However, according to the articles in this book, it's hard to see that LHO was alone in this Assassination. I'm sure all these articles can be discovered on microfilm, however being that Dallas Times Herald closed its doors in 1991, I'm not sure of what happened to the history of their news articles. I'm very curious as to what people make of this book, published by Robert Surrey & obviously General Edwin Walker (even though he isn't listed). He is however mentioned in newspaper clippings.

I have the book titled "The Assasssination Story" Printed by American Eagle Publishing Co. & President Robert A. Surrey. As it's been stated, this book was apparently printed in the home of General Edwin. A. Walker. It consists of 100's of newspaper clippings all from both The Dallas Morning News & The Dallas Times Herald from dates as early as November 17, 1963 through Late December of 1963. Apparently there were only 3,000 printed & they had sold 900-1,000 before the Dallas Times Herald ordered a cease & desist against American Eagle to stop printing them. The only place I can find this book even mentioned is in The Warren Commission. The articles are simply amazing to read & have them all pulled together in one book. I'm not sure of "The Truth", as I do not believe the truth will ever be known. However, according to the articles in this book, it's hard to see that LHO was alone in this Assassination. I'm sure all these articles can be discovered on microfilm, however being that Dallas Times Herald closed its doors in 1991, I'm not sure of what happened to the history of their news articles. I'm very curious as to what people make of this book, published by Robert Surrey & obviously General Edwin Walker (even though he isn't listed). He is however mentioned in newspaper clippings.

Thanks for posting that, Corey.

Sounds in-ter-rest-tink. lol

--Tommy :sun

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds very interesting, Corey. As for Walker and Surrey -- they were early critics of the Warren Commission ("Impeach Earl Warren!") and they also provided the original Conspiracy Theory -- namely, that Lee Harvey Oswald worked for a Communist Conspiracy.

It was astounding to Walker and Surrey, IMHO, that J. Edgar Hoover devised the "Lone Nut" theory before 11/22/1963 was over -- and nobody in the Mass Media wanted to hear anything but this FBI doctrine anymore.

Hoover's "Lone Nut" doctrine spelled FAILURE for Walker and Surrey, who had hoped that the JFK murder would result in the invasion of Cuba and the toppling of Fidel Castro.

So, Walker and Surrey gathered all the newspaper data they could from the week of the JFK murder to try to make their case again -- that the COMMUNISTS really killed JFK. They failed again. Their book was not a best-seller as they hoped -- and the most publicity it ever received was from the Warren Commission.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Corey, would you please describe the book, THE ASSASSINATION STORY (1963) by Walker and Surrey?

How many pages are in it?

How many graphic illustrations are in it?

What is its general argument?

I will guess (having never seen a copy) that Walker and Surrey argue forcefully that Lee Harvey Oswald was an FPCC COMMUNIST and that the USA should respond by attacking Fidel Castro.

Am I right?

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 9 months later...

The entire title is:

"The Assassination story: newspaper clippings from the two Dallas dailies, the Dallas morning news, November 23-December 11, 1963, the Dallas times herald, November 22-December 10, 1963."
It is 60 pages, published in 1964, by the American Eagle Publishing Company in Dallas.
Nine libraries in the United States have a copy in their holdings:
US,CA UNIV OF CALIFORNIA, IRVINE CUI
US,MA HARVARD UNIV, HARVARD COL LIBR HLS
US,TX BAYLOR UNIV IYU
US,TX CORPUS CHRISTI PUB LIBR CCA
US,TX SIXTH FL MUS AT DEALEY PLZ TXSIX
US,TX TEXAS TECH UNIV ILU
US,WI UNIV OF WISCONSIN, STEVENS POINT WIS
US,WI WISCONSIN HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Edited by Ernie Lazar

In my opinion one of the motivations of the folks behind the JFK killing was a false flag event with the intention of inspiring a direct military response against Cuba. For reasons that are not clear to me, this was extinguished with the lone nut conclusion.

If LHO was truely a lone nut one would think our national policy towards Cuba would not have changed but nothing could be further from the truth. As near as I could tell Cuba was very much on he back burner in terms of priority after 11-22-63. Kind of odd when one considers that Cuba was a Comunist country that was only 90 miles from our border.

Most of the talent was funneled to Southeast Asia even many die hard Anti-Castro Cubans.

It is interesting to me that the influence of General Walker seemed to dwindle away to nothing about the time Air Force One left Dallas.

I am not sure of the significance of that fact but I consider it telling.

Steve - I agree it is interesting. Cuba seemed to be the motivation before the killing, yet afterwards Vietnam became the prime mover. It is clear that JFK was in the way. This is where I think the theory of a fake false flag assassination being hijacked by a real one makes sense. Had JFK survived what appeared to be an attempt by Castro to kill him I think Cuba would have been toast. But a live JFK would never have allowed the Vietnam escalation that followed his death. The Cuba issue was small potatoes, and largely ideological. But Vietnam was a huge money maker, and money almost always overtakes ideology. The most important of the Bay of Pigs conspirators, the ones that worked with the CIA well before BOP and well after Vietnam, worked for Theodore Shackley and his buddies, and for George Bush 'of the CIA' - Hoover's words and to me the central clue.

Steve - I agree it is interesting. Cuba seemed to be the motivation before the killing, yet afterwards Vietnam became the prime mover. It is clear that JFK was in the way. This is where I think the theory of a fake false flag assassination being hijacked by a real one makes sense. Had JFK survived what appeared to be an attempt by Castro to kill him I think Cuba would have been toast. But a live JFK would never have allowed the Vietnam escalation that followed his death. The Cuba issue was small potatoes, and largely ideological. But Vietnam was a huge money maker, and money almost always overtakes ideology. The most important of the Bay of Pigs conspirators, the ones that worked with the CIA well before BOP and well after Vietnam, worked for Theodore Shackley and his buddies, and for George Bush 'of the CIA' - Hoover's words and to me the central clue.

One wonders if in 1963 Cuba wasn't peddled as an unnecessary distraction to the Kennedy brothers and to anyone else who needed to be distracted, and also kept an ostensibly hot issue (including the shutdown of anti-Castro groups in the American southeast) in order to stir anti-JFK sentiment. Of course, the Mob would be repaid for Cuba with SE Asian heroin.

Edited by David Andrews

My mind smokes at the complexity of it all. For years I wrestled with the micro details of the assasintaion and only later realizing it could only really be appreciated with a net cast over a larger puddle of water.

Certainly more relevant today than one might think.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion one of the motivations of the folks behind the JFK killing was a false flag event with the intention of inspiring a direct military response against Cuba. For reasons that are not clear to me, this was extinguished with the lone nut conclusion.

If LHO was truly a lone nut one would think our national policy towards Cuba would not have changed but nothing could be further from the truth. As near as I could tell Cuba was very much on he back burner in terms of priority after 11-22-63. Kind of odd when one considers that Cuba was a Communist country that was only 90 miles from our border.

Most of the talent was funneled to Southeast Asia even many die hard Anti-Castro Cubans.

It is interesting to me that the influence of General Walker seemed to dwindle away to nothing about the time Air Force One left Dallas.

Well, Steve, it appears you have arrived at about the same conclusion as Dr. Jeff Caufield in his recent book, "General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy" (2015).

For Caufield, too, a 'false flag event' had been plotted with the intent of sparking an invasion of Cuba and the assassination of Fidel Castro. If the Radical Right (led by General Walker) had been successful, then Cuba would have been Capitalist again by 1964.

However -- as history turned out -- the entire Red Plot theory, of which Oswald was at the center -- fell on its face when J. Edgar Hoover proposed the Lone Nut theory to LBJ, Allen Dulles and Earl Warren -- and they accepted it.

We have FBI evidence that Hoover announced his Lone Nut theory as early as 3pm on 11/22/1963, in records of his telephone calls with RFK. Dallas officials were pushing the idea of a Red Plot with Oswald at the center in the FPCC and the CPUSA -- however, J. Edgar Hoover had a fat file on Oswald in New Orleans, showing that Oswald was really working in a bogus FPCC run by Guy Banister at 544 Camp Street.

Also, J. Edgar Hoover had complete files on every Red in the USA -- and Oswald's name wasn't on that list. So, Hoover called RFK at about 3pm to report that Oswald was (1) not officially in the FPCC; and (2) not officially a Red.

In my reading of Caufield's new book, J. Edgar Hoover figured out General Walker's Red Plot theory of the JFK assassination within 2.5 hours. Why risk WW3 over General Walker? That was the issue of the day -- and LBJ sided with Hoover.

The result was a Lone Nut theory that was promoted by the USA as Unquestionable Dogma (in the interest of National Security). It is still effective today, as many Journalists continue to repeat the myth that Oswald was a Red.

We apparently agree that before 4pm on 11/22/1963, the Red Plot theory of General Walker had fizzled out. This tells us more about the genius of J. Edgar Hoover and his FBI files than about the folly of General Walker.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 1 month later...

If LHO was truely a lone nut one would think our national policy towards Cuba would not have changed but nothing could be further from the truth. As near as I could tell Cuba was very much on he back burner in terms of priority after 11-22-63. Kind of odd when one considers that Cuba was a Comunist country that was only 90 miles from our border.

Interestingly enough, Steve, this Cuba false flag pretext scenario is where I've landed after 40 years of reading JFK assassination literature. My thinking goes this way: some off-the-books false flag event was planned for 11/22/63; most likely an assassination attempt; LHO was then to flee to or towards Cuba thereby justifying direct USA military action against Cuba. This scenario was the "sanctioned" operation in play on 11/22/63. The "sanctioned" operation was hijacked by a rogue operation resulting in the actual assassination of JFK. The national security state couldn't disclose its authoring of the "sanctioned" false flag event so an immediate cover-up was initiated which endures to this day. And who knows, JFK may have been party to the off-the books, sanctioned operation. JFK was up for re-election in 12 months and the failure to rid Cuba of a communist regime by his administration was going to be used against him by the Republican Party in the '64 election. JFK needed to resolve the "Cuba problem" to get re-elected.

My attraction to this "hijacked false flag operation" framework is that it accommodates so much of the historical evidence in this case. And remember that Operation Northwoods, which was all about false flag events, was the last operation proposed by the JCS and DOD after the failures of Operation Zapata(Bay of Pigs) and Operation Mongoose. JFK did not sign-off on Northwoods, but maybe it evolved into some "off-the-books","under-the radar" false flag operation with or without his knowledge.

I could go on and delineate all the instances of the historical evidence( Oswald's actions, New Orleans, Mexico City, the Cover-Up, etc.) being accommodated by this framework but that's for another post. In fact, if you can point to some contrary evidence I'm open to it.

Edited by Dan Doyle

Interestingly enough, Steve, this Cuba false flag pretext scenario is where I've landed after 40 years of reading JFK assassination literature. My thinking goes this way: some off-the-books false flag event was planned for 11/22/63; most likely an assassination attempt; LHO was then to flee to or towards Cuba thereby justifying direct USA military action against Cuba. This scenario was the "sanctioned" operation in play on 11/22/63. The "sanctioned" operation was hijacked by a rogue operation resulting in the actual assassination of JFK. The national security state couldn't disclose its authoring of the "sanctioned" false flag event so an immediate cover-up was initiated which endures to this day. And who knows, JFK may have been party to the off-the books, sanctioned operation. JFK was up for re-election in 12 months and the failure to rid Cuba of a communist regime by his administration was going to be used against him by the Republican Party in the '64 election. JFK needed to resolve the "Cuba problem" to get re-elected.

My attraction to this "hijacked false flag operation" framework is that it accommodates so much of the historical evidence in this case. And remember that Operation Northwoods, which was all about false flag events, was the last operation proposed by the JCS and DOD after the failures of Operation Zapata(Bay of Pigs) and Operation Mongoose. JFK did not sign-off on Northwoods, but maybe it evolved into some "off-the-books","under-the radar" false flag operation with or without his knowledge.

I could go on and delineate all the instances of the historical evidence( Oswald's actions, New Orleans, Mexico City, the Cover-Up, etc.) being accommodated by this framework but that's for another post. In fact, if you can point some contrary evidence I'm open to it.

Dan, rather than offer any contrary evidence to your current JFK assassination theory, I would offer a new book that completely confirms your theory, namely, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015) by Dr. Jeff Caufield.

Caufield uses lots of new FBI disclosures to argue for his "false flag" theory of the JFK murder.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

I could go on and delineate all the instances of the historical evidence( Oswald's actions, New Orleans, Mexico City, the Cover-Up, etc.) being accommodated by this framework but that's for another post. In fact, if you can point some contrary evidence I'm open to it.

Dan, rather than offer any contrary evidence to your current JFK assassination theory, I would offer a new book that completely confirms your theory, namely, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015) by Dr. Jeff Caufield.

Caufield uses lots of new FBI disclosures to argue for his "false flag" theory of the JFK murder.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Thanks Paul, just ordered the book. Seems like most people aren't aware of the history of Gen Walker and his roll in the rebellion at U of Mississippi in September of 1962 when James Meredith, black man, went enroll in classes there. JFK/RFK sent in Federal Marshals then sent in federal troops to quell the riot. 2 people were killed. General Walker was in command of the attack on the marshals who had set up a protective perimeter around the Lyceum. RFK called Walker's action treasonous and had him committed to a psychiatric hospital. Walker got a judge to reverse RFK's actions. Recall Walker resigned his commission after JFK chastised him for indoctrinating his troops with right wing propaganda...from the John Birch Society. Read Walker's testimony to the Warren Commission. He calls Ruby "Rubenstein" and says that Oswald and Ruby both opened PO Boxes at the same PO in Dallas in the same week. He then goes on to say that he hired his own investigators to investigate the assassination and knows who was behind it.

Remember the "pot shot" directed at Walker which supposedly LHO did in April '63. Maybe there was supposed to be another "pot shot" at JFK on 11/22/63 attributed to LHO? Walker was a closeted homosexal which came out in mid 1970's after he was arrested in a public bathroom. Sound like an acquaintance of David Ferrie or Clay Shaw? Interestingly enough, when Walker resigned from the Army he forfeited his pension. Early in Ronald Reagan's presidency, Reagan restored Walker's Army pension. Go figure that one.

This is the best book on the Oxford Rebellion and no I'm not related to the author

Thanks Paul, just ordered the book. Seems like most people aren't aware of the history of Gen Walker and his roll in the rebellion at U of Mississippi in September of 1962 when James Meredith, black man, went enroll in classes there. JFK/RFK sent in Federal Marshals then sent in federal troops to quell the riot. 2 people were killed. General Walker was in command of the attack on the marshals who had set up a protective perimeter around the Lyceum. RFK called Walker's action treasonous and had him committed to a psychiatric hospital. Walker got a judge to reverse RFK's actions. Recall Walker resigned his commission after JFK chastised him for indoctrinating his troops with right wing propaganda...from the John Birch Society. Read Walker's testimony to the Warren Commission. He calls Ruby "Rubenstein" and says that Oswald and Ruby both opened PO Boxes at the same PO in Dallas in the same week. He then goes on to say that he hired his own investigators to investigate the assassination and knows who was behind it.

Remember the "pot shot" directed at Walker which supposedly LHO did in April '63. Maybe there was supposed to be another "pot shot" at JFK on 11/22/63 attributed to LHO? Walker was a closeted homosexal which came out in mid 1970's after he was arrested in a public bathroom. Sound like an acquaintance of David Ferrie or Clay Shaw? Interestingly enough, when Walker resigned from the Army he forfeited his pension. Early in Ronald Reagan's presidency, Reagan restored Walker's Army pension. Go figure that one.

This is the best book on the Oxford Rebellion and no I'm not related to the author

Dan, I'm so glad you ordered Jeff Caufield's new book: General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy; the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015) which is about 900 pages long.

You will find all of the views you voiced here fully confirmed -- and all your questions here answered.

For example, Caufield shows documented connections between Joseph Milteer and Guy Banister, and between Joseph Milteer and Ex-General Walker.

As for Doyle's book on Ole Miss, it's superb, so we agree on that. I'm very interested to know what you think of Caufield's book. The first 16 chapters are the best, IMHO. Lots of new FBI documents revealed to the public.

By the way, Warren Commission witnesses referred to two different "National Enquirer" articles of 1964, both of which made General Walker into the more important victim of the JFK murder. It's my opinion that Walker himself planted those two articles -- just as Walker has been proven by the German FBI (BND) to have planted the famous article in the German newspaper, Deutsche-Nationalzeitung, just 18 hours after the JFK assassination.

That famous article insisted that Lee Harvey Oswald was General Walker's attacker back in April, but that RFK had set Oswald free. Here's a snippet from that article:

http://www.pet880.com/images/19631129_Deutsche_NZ.jpg

General Walker made this claim often, for the rest of his life -- and even toward the last year of his life we find this article:

http://www.pet880.com/images/19920119_EAW_Oswald_arrested.pdf

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo