The Education Forum

Is this receipt for the Mystery Package

Hi Michael,

I should also add that a high-resolution scan of a book photograph while not ideal, would be valuable to have in the interim. I see, or think I see, many interesting and possibly meaningful extra markings on both the package and the label. I don’t bring them up for fear of ridicule, because many are probably just artifacts of the poor photocopy we have to work with. Another more modern scan could clear up much of this confusion I think.

An example of this confusion relates to Richard's comment a couple of days back. He mentioned that if you turn the label upside down, the “601” becomes “109”, as in JFK’s PT-109. I added that if you use the simple coding tool, A=0, B=1, C=2, etc., the “10” converts to “K”, and the “9” converts to “J”. If this label was crafted to yield subtle but decodable messages, one might expect to find a middle initial close by – an “F” perhaps, to finish off the initials to “JFK”.

The following experiment is not for everyone. I think it might take the sort of person that likes to spend time looking at fuzzy photographs of foliage along the fence of the grassy knoll. If you’re that sort of person, like me, try this:

http://jfkresearch.freehomepage.com/murr.htm

Use the link and copy the photo of the label to your graphics program and turn the label upside down. Enlarge the image and focus your attention on the “0” in “109”, and use what ever controls work best (brightness, contrast, exposure, sharpness, etc.) to bring out a large capital “F” in the middle of the “0”. It appears to be a block letter, carefully shaded in with pencil maybe, and it takes up a good portion of the interior of the number “0”. When and if you see it clearly, you can ask yourself, as I do, “is that “F” really there, is it an artifact of the poor quality photo we have, or am I imagining the whole thing”?

If the "F" turns out to actually be there, it shows the intent on somebody's part to hide a "JFK" on the label.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Michael, I didn’t know any of this. I had it in my mind that Fred had passed on, but now that you've jogged my memory, I think Tyler may have said his father was in a retirement community out West here someplace. And yes, I was planning to contact Tyler. The last I heard, Bill Kelly had been in touch with Tyler about the photos and other matters, and there was talk of a DVD, not a book. Michael, are you suggesting that I try contacting Fred Newcomb directly?

Perhaps I should also ask this: Does anyone personally know either Fred or Tyler Newcomb and be willing to try to get good copies of the two photos under discussion, the package and the label?

Tom

Hi Tom,

I think you (or someone) should contact Tyler. I am only guessing but I think the DVD project

may have been put on the backburner once it became practical to publish the book.

Maybe you could find someone that could help you in decoding if there is anything there.

http://www.iacr.org/

Even though I haven't commented on your findings, I read them carefully and appreciate what you are trying to do.

If you take the time to read and consider the elements of this post, I think at least some of you will begin to take seriously the notion that this package and its label are a complex soup of messages sent by a clever but desperate Lee Oswald. My goal is to point out several characteristics that show the intent of a creator to weave a tapestry of information. Some of it is well woven, and some of it only suggestive. Much of it I’ve posted before, but much of it will be new to you. All of it speculation, but I think there's something here.

First, a brief history of the “Undeliverable Package”.

On the afternoon of November 22, 1963, the Dallas Police searched Ruth Paine’s house in Irving, Texas, where Marina lived and Lee Oswald had spent the previous night. A postage due notice for Lee Oswald was found in the Paine’s mailbox, and an Irving Deputy helping with the search was dispatched to the Irving Post Office to retrieve the package. He was apparently told that the package had been turned over to the FBI. It’s unknown what the postage due notice said, nor what became of it.

Another postage due notice was found in Oswald’s blue suitcase at the Paine’s house, and it was entered on the Dallas Police inventory along with many other items. The November 23rd inventory listed “1 notice of attempt to deliver mail, card dated November 20, 1963, to Mr. Lee Oswald, 2515 West 5th, Irving, Texas – a parcel to be picked up.”

The Dallas Police November 26th inventory listed: “Quantity 2 [items] Postal Form, label bearing name George A Bouhe, 4740 Homer St. Dallas, Tex., Postal Form bearing name Lee Oswald dated 11/20/63 #209”.

Ruth Paine later explained this notice away as being magazines.

Commission Document 735 – FBI Gemberling Report of March, 1964 (p. 42) describes No. 209: “A U.S. Postal Form ‘Notice of Attempt to Deliver Mail’ bearing the name LEE OSWALD and dated 11/20/63.”

So Item #209 is not only no longer associated with a second postal form bearing the name and address of George A. Bouhe, the Bouhe postal form is gone from the inventory entirely.

Then, on FBI 62-109090 Warren Commission HQ File, Section 28, Item #209, the postage due notice, is no longer listed, it disappears entirely.

Some years later, Sylvia Meagher found CD 205 (Accessories After the Fact, by Sylvia Meagher – p.63 and 64)

CD 205, p. 145:

“On December 12, 1963, Dallas T-2 furnished information to SA CHARLES T. BROWN reflecting that a brown paper parcel had been located in the “Nixie” section of the Irving, Texas Post Office. The “Nixie” section has been described as the section in which mail and parcels are placed when such mail and/or parcels contain a non-existent or unlocated address or when the mail or parcels have been damaged in transit.”

“The brown paper parcel found in this section was partially opened at time of discovery. It was determined the brown paper parcel contained what appeared to be a brown paper bag made of fairly heavy brown paper which bag was open at both ends. The bag was approximately 18” in length. The parcel was addressed to Mr. LEE OSWALD at a non-existent address in Dallas, Texas. There was no indication the parcel had ever been mailed as there was no postage on the outer wrapper. The parcel was discovered at the Irving, Texas Post Office on December 4, 1963.”

“According to informant, inquiry conducted by Post Office personnel failed to result in the identification of any postal employees who had handled the parcel or knew anything about the parcel. It was not possible to identify the postal employee who had placed the parcel in the “Nixie” section at the Irving Post Office.”

It’s supposed that Postal Inspector Harry Holmes opened the package in the presence of the FBI. The opening slit on the package appears to bear his initials as documentation.

Some researchers have speculated that too many postal employees at the Irving Post Office had seen the package for it to simply disappear.

The FBI reports on the package and bag, variously referred to as “Q-265 and Q-266”, and “FBI Exhibit #D60”, showed no fingerprints. An investigation was started, but no conclusions were ever reported.

In the early 1970’s, Fred Newcomb and Perry Adams obtained photographs of the package and label, and poor copies of these are apparently all we have today. Newcomb/Perry were of the opinion that the handwriting was Oswald’s.

Part II:

Some of what follows could easily be muddled thinking on my part, but if I’m right about only one thing, that the package and label were made to carry a message, and if better minds than mine set about to decode this message, then I will have made a contribution. I’ll point out several anomalies that create meaning that in turn imply intent. Some of the meaningful anomalies I feel fairly solid about, and some of them are likely just coincidences that could happen with any address label. Some of my suspicions will probably evaporate when a better photo of the label comes along – I think many of them will stand.

To me, there are several letters that appear to have been fussed over. I'm sure there's a term for this, but for now, I'll call them "compound letters".

The “O” in Oswald looks intentionally complicated. The “C” portion of the upper section appears to have been stroked over twice to accentuate its C-ness. The little “o” inside the “C” wouldn’t have happened by accident. Since it looks to me like the little “o” is being consumed by the big “O and C”, and since I have an opinion about Oswald’s state of mind, I not only suspect he is making a compound letter for his message, I suspect he’s commenting that the little “o” (Oswald) is being gobbled up by “CO” (“The Company.)

The “W” in West appears to be more complicated compound letter. The heavy vertical line on the left has been stroked over two or three times. This forms, to my eye, a large lower-case “n” on the left. From the heaviness of the line in certain areas, and since there are two little wings protruding from the upper left of the “n” portion, I suspect a lower-case “r” was also intended. Furthermore, the inverted “V” portion of the center of the W seems to be dotted like an “i”. These characteristics lead me to suspect that the “W” was crafted to contain an “n”, an “r”, and an “i” to be used in the message, or messages.

With the compound letter "W" containing an "n", an "r", and an "i", with the following letter "e" and a "D" close by, the name Edwin could be a consideration.

There are several other compound looking letters, ones where certain areas of the letter are more heavily drawn in a way that creates more than one interpretation for the meaning of the letter. An example of this is the “N” in Nassaus. There is a break in boldness of line at just the right spot to create the alternative meaning of an “r” and an “L”.

Another example is the first “a” in Dallas. The two breaks in boldness seem to create the alternative of a “c” and an “e”. There are also a couple of lined-through "a" which I'll get to in a bit.

Another letter that appears compound is the “t” in “St”. It has what looks like a “V” lying on its side, drawn across the stem. What could that possibly mean, “Tony Verona”? I don't know.

Between the “6” and the “01” there appear to be some punctuation marks. They look kind of like a semi-colon placed up high. I suspect these might have multiple functions.

First, they set the “6” and the “01” apart. One possible meaning is that the “01” represents the method to be used in changing the numbers to letters – the simple coding tool, A=0, B=1, C=2, etc. Along the same lines, the “0” seems to have a little vertical line sticking out of the top, as does the “a” in Oswald. This could be another message saying that “0” and “A” have something in common – the above decoding tool – A=0.

When this tool is used, “601” becomes “GAB”. It’s bag spelled backwards, it’s the initials of George A. Bouhe, and thanks to Harry Dean, I’ve learned about Gabaldon.

When turning the label upside down, the “601” becomes “109” which forms part of the name of John Kenney’s WWII craft, PT-109, a popular book and film in 1963. Using the above coding tool, “109” becomes “JK”. Yet another possible piece of symbolism to my mind, since both the PT-109 and John Kennedy went “upside down”.

This might be a stretch, even for me, but the punctuation marks between the “6” and the “01” could have an additional symbolic intent: The top mark being a “feet” sign for the “6” (6 feet), the other mark that looks like a comma is either placed way too high, or the numbers are very low in relation to it. Since the “01” in this case is indistinguishable from “Ol”, a side symbolic message here could be “lO” (Lee Oswald) is soon to be 6’ (six feet) under.

Getting back to more solid ground (I hope), bring up the photo of the package itself and enlarge it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YwYqFBoL3ZA/S0nxNLG3A0I/AAAAAAAAAI8/Urm8NzsEjkg/s1600-h/PaperBagPackage.jpg

Look just to the left of the top loop in the “I” in Irving. I see something that looks either like the letter “X” or a multiplication sign. If you need to, fool with your editing controls to bring it out more, but it’s fairly clear as is.

If it’s actually there, and it’s supposed to be the letter “X”, I don’t know what to do with it. If it’s actually there and it’s supposed to be a multiplication sign, the most logical thing to multiply are the numbers and letters directly above it, the “6” times the “L”, and the “0” times the “e”.

“L” decodes to the number “11” and 6x11=“66”. “e” decodes to “4”, and 0x4=0, which decodes to “A”. So if that little multiplication sign is actually there and not some photographic artifact, doing what seems indicated yields “66A”, or, “Alpha 66”. There’s even a place for us to write in our answer, because the “D” in Dallas is indented so far.

If the multiplication sign is indeed there on the package and we write our answer, “66A”, in the space provided, we don’t need to stop there; “66” further decodes to “GG” which bolsters the obvious name-anagram, “Gabaldon”, to “G.G.Gabadon” (Guy “Gabby” Gabaldon).

The lower left formation of the "D" in Dallas also looks like a multiplication sign. If this was the intention, it would yield the same results; "Alpha 66", and "GG".

Bring up the label photo again:

I suspect that Oswald addressed the package to “Dallas Texas” and crossed it out himself, writing “Irving Texas” below the label. Looking carefully at the ending stroke on the “s” in Dallas, there seems to be no break. The pen finishes the “s” and without lifting, proceeds to cross out the word just written. I suspect that he needed the letters in “Dallas Texas” to form his messages, but wanted the package to end up in the Irving Post Office. I also suspect that he needed to line through “Dallas” to create two crossed “Ls” that could be used as “Ts” in some situations.

The two lined through “a”s:

There are two “a”s on the label that have a line through them; the first “a” in Nassaus, and the second “a” in Dallas. Both of these lined-through “a”s are followed by an “s”. One meaning for the “a”s could be “not congruent to”, or “NOT”. It's possible the intended meaning could be that whatever precedes these “a”s is “NOT” party to the assassination.

As I suggested above, the "N" in Nassaus had a boldness difference, a break in the boldness of line, making the letter “N” into possibly two letters – an “r”, and an “L”. Study it for a moment. Following that is the lined through “a” followed by the “s”s. Here Oswald could be saying that “rL”, or “LR” (Leon Rubenstein, AKA Jack Ruby) is “NOT” a party to the assassination.

Before that, however, is the word “West” which includes an “n” and an “i” as part of the “W”. Starting from the “s” in West and reading backwards, we have “s, e, W, i, and n”, or, “S. Ewin”, the street on which Jack L. Ruby lived (his house number is easily teased out too).

The "N" in Nassaus seeming to contain an "r" and an "L" has most of the letters needed to for the name "Loran".

The other lined through “a” followed by an “s”, the second “a” in Dallas, could also be standing for “Not” party to the assassination. But an interpretation for this for this lined through second “a” in Dallas, I have suggested, is a compound letter containing the letters, CIA (you’ll need to disregard the horizontal lines running through it). This might make sense not only from the construction of this letter “a”, but falling as it does in the middle of the easy anagram for “Win Scott”.

Aside from the "W" in "West" being a compound letter, the word "West" itself has some other interesting possibilities. With the “n” attached to its lefts side like it is, it can be read, “nWest”, or “Northwest”. The compass direction for Northwest is 310 degrees. Changing 310 to letters yields DBF, so the intention of this could be “David ‘Bill’ Ferrie". The direction "West" being 270 degrees also has some interesting possibilities.

I’ve already suggested what I think are some easy name-anagrams that could be made from the label, (U.S. Assassinates, Gabaldon, Win Scott, El Indio, Collins Radio, Roselli, and more), and I’ve said that each of these names can individually be put inside their own box, their own odd looking picture frame, if you will. This could easily not be the way the label was intended to be decoded – better minds than mine need to be working on this.

I speculate that Lee Oswald carefully crafted a message and put it not inside the package, but on the label itself. And there may have been more than one “Undeliverable Package”. He packed in as much information as possible, and designed it to look innocent in the event that it wasn’t needed. He did this because he suspected he was being set up to take the fall for something that may come about, suspected that he was being set up to be the patsy, and if that turned out to be the case, he would likely not live to tell about it. He either did this to cover himself, or as a form of revenge – the reason doesn’t matter for decoding purposes. If his worst fears didn’t come about, there would just be some innocent looking packages for him to fetch from the dead letter office.

I think the label is filled with side messages, tidbits that he wanted to add. But I also think there is a central set of messages that are the main reason for the labels construction. And since decoding this central messages requires so many arbitrary decisions, there might have been a key. A simple column of numbers being added together on a scrap of paper could have done a lot. 613+2219, for example, would have told a decoder to make a name starting with “G” and ending with “N”, and a name starting with “W” and ending with “T”, or some such system.

I think the most likely place to have looked for a key, would have been the postal form bearing the name and address of George A. Bouhe that was associated with the Lee Oswald postage due notice in Oswald’s suitcase. Anyone looking for a possible code on the address label would have decoded the number “601” to “GAB” and probably also noticed that “GAB” were the initials of George A. Bough. This is not suggesting that George A. Bough had anything to do with the package or the assassination, but that the George A. Bouhe postal form, possibly stapled or taped to the Oswald postage due notice by Oswald himself, might have revealed a lot (if it hadn’t fallen down the memory hole).

Following this line of reasoning, the next most obvious place to look would have been near George A. Bough’s listing in Oswald’s address book. The adjacent page, however, has been torn out. There are other missing pages in the address book however.

Another likely place to look for a key is on the package itself. There seems to be random letters and numbers written all over the package but a better photo is needed to confirm this. Also, we haven’t seen the back of the package.

Or possibly the key is in plane sight. The best creative opportunity for a hidden message is on the bogus address line. "Lee Oswald" on the top line is sort of a given, as is "Dallas Texas" (sort of). But the address line starts off with a "6" and perhaps that's telling us to make six names or phrases, and since there seems to about six compound letters, this might be a good starting point for figuring out the central meaning.

Tom

BOOKS:

A1) Accessories After the Fact, by Sylvia Meagher - p. 63 and 64.

She paraphrases CD 205, p. 145, and gives her analysis and speculations.

A2) Harvey and Lee: How the CIA Framed Oswald, by John Armstrong – pgs. 782 to 784.

A3) Conspiracy - Anthony Summers, Paragon House Edition, pgs. 71-72.

A4) Murder from Within - Fred Newcomb & Perry Adams, Chapter 7: Scapegoat. (Probe, 1974) Soon to be re-released on CD

LINKS TO DOCUMENTS AND TESTEMONY:

B1) FBI photo of Oswald package – original source unknown at this time. http://3.bp.blogspot...rBagPackage.jpg

B2) Small photo of package label from The Undeliverable Package by Gary Murr.

http://jfkresearch.f...ge.com/murr.htm

B3) Commission Document 735 p.50 #288) Oswald possessions from Paine house (FBI) –“A blue composition suitcase, 28 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches.”

http://www.maryferre...33&relPageId=59

B4) Dallas Police Saturday inventory of Paine house (Nov. 23, 1963) (by Moore, Rose, and Stovall) “1 notice of attempt to deliver mail, card dated November 20, 1963, to Mr. Lee Oswald, 2515 West 5th, Irving, Texas – a parcel to be picked up.”

http://jfk.ci.dallas...01/0117-001.gif

B5) Dallas Police Department, Property Clerk’s Invoice or Receipt (Nov. 26, 1963) Item #209 - “Postal Form, label bearing name George A Bouhe, 4740 Homer St. Dallas, Tex., Postal Form bearing name Lee Oswald dated 11/20/63”.

http://jfk.ci.dallas...26/2689-010.gif

B6) FBI 62-109090 Warren Commission HQ File, Section 28. This is FBI inventory of Paine residence showing NO exhibit No. 209 (#209 being postage due notice found by Dallas Police)

http://www.maryferre...40&relPageId=90

B7) Warren Commission Hearings Volume XXIII page 420 - “On November 25, it was determined that a postage due parcel had been on hand in the Irving post office for Mrs. or Mr. Oswald earlier in the week of the assassination and was delivered about November 20 or 21.”

http://www.aarclibra...Vol23_0226b.htm

B8 Commission Document 735 –FBI Gemberling Report of Mar 1964 (p. 42) Item No. 209: “A U.S. Postal Form “Notice of Attempt to Deliver Mail” bearing the name LEE OSWALD and dated 11/20/63.”

http://www.maryferre...33&relPageId=51

B9) From: Richard Gilbride HSCA Collection, scroll down to Gus Rose Interview Transcript pgs. 23 to 25 (Conducted 4/13/78)

http://www.reopenken...collection.html

B10) Warren Commission Hearings, Volume XXV p. 578. FBI Laboratory information concerning Q265 and Q266. The package containing paper sack found at the Irving Post Office addressed to Lee Oswald, 601 West Nassaus St, Dallas Texas.

http://www.aarclibra...Vol25_0304b.htm

B11) FBI 62-109090 Warren Commission HQ File, Section 28. FBI Exhibit No. “D60” description: “Brown envelope and paper bag from Irving, Texas, Post Office”

http://www.maryferre...0&relPageId=120

B12) Memorandum dated 12/16/63, from S.F. Latona to Mr. Trotter, about Q265 and Q266 – lack of fingerprints mentioned.

http://www.maryferre...79&relPageId=75

B13) FBI 105-8255 Oswald HQ File, Section 156, page 55. Another FBI description of D60, AKA Q265 and Q266.

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=717097

B14) FBI 62-109090 Warren Commission HQ File, Section 28, p. 26 and 27.

tp://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=75221818

B15) “Dallas Postal Inspector Roy Armstrong was interviewed by the FBI on February 24, 1964 and said that a package…”

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=752218

B16) Richard S. Stovall's letter briefly describing the Paine house search on 11/25/63 - lists personnel involved.

http://www.history-m...Vol21_0314a.htm

B17) Commission Document 205, p. 148. "On December 12, 1963, Dallas T-2 furnished information to SA Charles T. Brown reflecting a brown paper parcel had been located in the "Nixie"...18 inches in length...”

http://www.maryferre...2&relPageId=151

B18) From CD 735, p. 255, dated 2/25/64. With minor differences, the wording of this document was later added to a larger document, WC HQ File, Section 28, p. 26 (B15 of bibliography).

http://www.maryferre...3&relPageId=264

B19) This document is from CD 735, p. 254, (undated) it is similar in content to others.

http://www.maryferre...3&relPageId=263

B20) CD 1546, p. 102 & 103. These have to do with Ruth Paine, Marina Oswald and her children were being at the dental clinic on Nov. 20 when the postage due package might have arrived at the Paine house.

http://www.maryferre...1&relPageId=108

B21) CE 2060 (Vol. XXIV, p. 479. Secret Service agent Kelley speaking privately to Oswald. (scroll to CE 2060)

http://mysite.verizo...redExhibits.htm

ARTICLES:

C1) John Armstrong’s “November In Dallas 1997” presentation “Harvey & Lee” Transcribed by Jerry Robertson. Scroll down 2/3 way. Discusses postage due notice and package.

http://www.acorn.net...3/JA/JR-JA.html

C2) Article about package by George Bailey.

http://oswaldsmother...us-package.html

C3) Article about package by Michael T. Griffith written 1996

http://karws.gso.uri...ed_package.html

C4) The Undeliverable Package, by Gary Murr

http://jfkresearch.f...ge.com/murr.htm

C5) Michael Hogan, Post #177 on this thread quoting John Armstrong on package.

http://educationforu...ic=16665&st=165

OTHER:

D1) Lots of examples of Oswald's handwriting - CE 780 and following.

http://www.history-m...ntents_wh17.htm

D2) Documentation - the making of the replica paper sack at the TSBD.

http://www.aarclibra...Vol22_0028b.htm

D3) CE 2064 - FBI report concerning memorandum furnished by Postal Inspector HD Holmes, Dallas.

http://www.history-m...Vol24_0253b.htm

D4) Odum/Truly interview concerning packaging materials at TSBD and constructing a replica paper bag.

http://www.aarclibra...Vol22_0028b.htm

D5) Hoover's 3/19/64 letter to Commission- paper bags Q10, K53, and paper/tape K2 (confusion)

http://www.maryferre...2&relPageId=138

D6) The Paper Sack, by Jerry McLeer, March 15, 2000

http://jfkresearch.f...om/papersac.htm

D7) Oswald orders Ogonek Magazine and others.

http://books.google....epage&q&f=false

Edited by Tom Hume

Tom , I continue to follow your idea with interest. Thank's for more of the historical context. On that note I'd like to make a couple of observations to do with the creases apparent on the now flattened out package. The label and the stamp imprint are pretty square indicating they came after the package was found partially opened. A couple of things. The creases and the distortion therefore of the closing stitch could be an indicator of the bulkiness of the package and the creases, straight on the left and crumpled corners indicates something about the contents dimensions, shape and thickness. Again a reason for better imagery to work out if rather than ' I suspect that Oswald addressed the package to "Dallas Texas" and crossed it out himself, writing "Irving Texas" ' . Irving Iexas( and more) was written first and then the label was stuck on the flattened package and then in hindsight the dallas crossed out which leads me to wonder whether Oswald had anything to do with the package at all.

edit add typos, and the label therefore covers the 'more', so in this sequence who stuck the label on.

Edited by John Dolva

The best argument that the “Undeliverable Package” has been designed to carry meaning:

http://www.jfkresearch.freehomepage.com/murr.htm

When you change the “601” to letters, I consider there to be a total of ten capital letters on the label: "L, O, G, A, B, W, N, S, D, T."

Since my theory is that Oswald made the label and crossed out Dallas himself, I think the city written in below the label, Irving, Texas, should also be considered. That would only add a capital “I” since we already have a “T” to work with: "L, O, G, A, B, W, N, S, D, T, I."

Now I’m going to propose a rule for making names and words out of these letters: Every word or name must include only letters that are on this list. You can use a letter more than once, only if those doubled or tripled letters are available on the label.

“GABALDON” can be made entirely from capitals contained on the label.

“ASSASSINS” can be made entirely from capitals contained on the label.

“ASSASSINATION” can be made entirely from capitals contained on the label.

"OSWALD'S TWIN BAG" can be made entirely from capitals contained on the label.

“COLLINS” can be made from caps, but there is no “E” to use for “ED”, and there is no “R” (so far) to make “Collins Radio”).

I’ve quickly run all the names of the usual suspects I could think of through the above rule, and so far have come up with very little. There are some short names, like “Alba”, but nothing more complete and compelling. This process can yield a lot of word anagrams, but not that many names. Give it a look and see what you come up with.

There are certainly more messages indicated on the label, but for now, I think I’ll regard this as level #1.

Here is a list of names of those who have contributed to this thread, and how those names would fare.

DAVID JOSEPHS = “DA ID OS S”

JIM DIEUGENIO = “ I DI G NIO”

TOM HUME = “TO M “

LEE FARLEY = “L A L “

JOHN DOLVA = “ O N DOL A”

MICHAEL HOGAN = “ I A L OGAN”

BARRY KRUSCH = “BA S “

THOMAS GRAVES = “T O AS G A S”

J. WILLIAM KING = “ WILLIA ING”

BERNICE MOORE = “B NI OO “

KARL KINASKI = “ A L INAS I”

RICHARD HOCKING = “ I A D O ING”

In a previous post I mentioned that there are two possible indications that we are supposed to multiply the “6” in “601”, times the “L” in “Lee”, and the “0” in “601” times the first “e” in “Lee”. This yields “66” and “A” respectively.

One could, and probably should, take this to mean “Alpha 66”. Decoding “66” further makes “GG”.

So this first level, as I’m thinking of it, yields at least:

“G.G. GABALDON”

“ASSASSINATION” (or some variation there of).

"OSWALD'S TWIN BAG"

“ALPHA 66”

If this was the entire message, it tells us a lot.

There are more levels which should deal with the pockets of letters imbedded in some of these capital letters; “c, o, i, n, r, and l” (and possibly more), and since the label starts out with the word “FOR” all in caps, we could consider these too.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

Tom, my older brother once told me that a man who can play jazz is a man who can do anything. I have only just now discovered your thread, and it's intriguing. I will offer my first impressions now, before digging into your complex code system.

(1) You find the word 'West' in association with 'Ewin' and I just wonder if 'Edwin Walker' can be found with any variation in your code.

(2) William Duff was arrested and given a lie detector test in connection with the 10 April 1963 shooting at General Walker. He lived at Walker's home from December 1962 to April, 1963. In 1964 Duff told the FBI that during that time period he had seen Jack Ruby visiting General Walker's home, more than once, and that Ruby brought the same two large men with him each time. Duff never heard a word of their long conversations.

(3) As regards George Bouhe, the Warren Commission witnesses paint a fairly clear picture: Bouhe was in love with Marina, and showered her with gifts and dresses. Lee Oswald despised George Bouhe for that, and he warned Bouhe to keep away from Marina. Bouhe also paid for dental work for Marina; he wouldn't stay away from her. That's why the Oswald's moved again in Dallas -- to get away from the Russian Exile community there.

Oswald was originally friendly to the Russian Exiles, but after Bouhe's crass behavior (and the Russian community's tolerance of Bouhe), Oswald resented them all and wanted Marina to stay away from them. This was hell for Marina, because Lee also discouraged her from learning English. (Lee was evidently a jealous young man.) No Russian friends. No English-speaking friends -- Marina was locked in a closet, so to speak. So they fought bitterly for the first time in their marriage -- and all because of George Bouhe.

So, when considering George Bouhe in your calculations, Tom, it may be well to reflect on Lee's intense dislike of Bouhe, as testified by both the De Mohrenshildt's and others.

Anyway, back to the Mystery Package -- my first question is: WHAT ARE THE CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE?

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Hi Paul,

“(1) You find the word 'West' in association with 'Ewin' and I just wonder if 'Edwin Walker' can be found with any variation in your code.”

If Level #1 is about extracting meaning from only the capital letters on the label, your question deals with something I'm thinking of as Level #2.

There seem to be pockets of lower-case letters crafted into some of the capitals, and the “W” in West is one of these. I think there is an “i” in the center of the “W”, an “n” connected to the left side of the “W”, and over the top of this “n” is an “r”. With the “e” in West nearby, that makes “Erwin” but we would need to go elsewhere to find a “d”. Of course there’s one in Dallas, but there’s also a possibility closer by. The “n” attached to the “West” could be regarded as nWest, or Northwest. On a compass, Northwest is 315 degrees. “315” decodes to “DBF”. So here is one handy “D”, and it also provides everything we need to make “DRE”, and a "B" to make "JBS" (I'll show you where the "J" is in a second)(there's also a "C" nearby to make "FDC"). So the “r” imbedded in the "W" could be a part of Walker, and the capitals to make “WAL” and a near-by "e" to make “WAL er”, but we’re short a “k”.

There are at least two possibilities I’ve found, but others might be staring me in the face and I’ve haven’t noticed yet. First, exactly between the “1” in 601, and the letter “W” in West, there is what appears to be the letter “k”, probably written in pencil. It’s just below the line on which Lee Oswald is written.

If you’ll permit me, it’s as if that “K” is asking us to look toward the “601” for our answer.

We're going to turn the label upside down, but before we do, we're going to take the "G" ("601" decodes to "GAB") to use for "Gen" - and we already have the "e" and the "n".

The other “K”: When you turn the label upside down, the “601” becomes “109”, possibly referring to Kennedy’s WWII craft, PT-109. The numbers “10” and “9” decode to “K” and “J”, or “JK”. So here's a nearby "K" to finish off "Gen. Edwin Walker", and a nearby "J" to finish off "JBS" if you like.

This was an off-the-top-of-my-head attempt to answer your question, Paul, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear a much more elegant analysis.

To add something probably irrelevant here while you’ve got the label upside down, the “n” and “W” in West become the letters “M” and “U”. If this was intended, I haven’t found an application for these.

“Anyway, back to the Mystery Package -- my first question is: WHAT ARE THE CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE?”

CD 205, p. 145:

“On December 12, 1963, Dallas T-2 furnished information to SA CHARLES T. BROWN reflecting that a brown paper parcel had been located in the “Nixie” section of the Irving, Texas Post Office. The “Nixie” section has been described as the section in which mail and parcels are placed when such mail and/or parcels contain a non-existent or unlocated address or when the mail or parcels have been damaged in transit.”

“The brown paper parcel found in this section was partially opened at time of discovery. It was determined the brown paper parcel contained what appeared to be a brown paper bag made of fairly heavy brown paper which bag was open at both ends. The bag was approximately 18” in length. The parcel was addressed to Mr. LEE OSWALD at a non-existent address in Dallas, Texas. There was no indication the parcel had ever been mailed as there was no postage on the outer wrapper. The parcel was discovered at the Irving, Texas Post Office on December 4, 1963.”

“According to informant, inquiry conducted by Post Office personnel failed to result in the identification of any postal employees who had handled the parcel or knew anything about the parcel. It was not possible to identify the postal employee who had placed the parcel in the “Nixie” section at the Irving Post Office.”

This might be relevant to the paragraph above: In post #69, I listed the capital letters on the label: “L, O, G, A, B, W, N, S, D, T, I." I’m calling this level #1 because the capital letters are right there in front of us (once we convert “601” to “GAB”) – not much interpreting to do, just look and see what names and words can be made. “GABALDON, ASSASSINATION, COLLINS", etc. Using these letters on an anagram server, I find almost no meaningful word-anagrams, but using the method in post #69, here’s one that might suggest that we’re on the right track: “OSWALD’S TWIN BAG”.

“I will offer my first impressions now, before digging into your complex code system.”

My last post was an attempt to take some of the complexity out of the decoding process, to try to show that the “big” message was right in front of us. If it can be shown that there is a big message, an obvious surface-level message, then talented folks will try to unravel the more subtle layers of information.

I'm not doing much real decoding, I'm just using the Junior G-Man system below. I'm certainly no expert, but I've tried every system I could find, and this seems to be the one that yields results. My opinion is that Oswald, or someone, designed this label to be decoded easily. Aside from the "big message", much of the information seems to be localized in packets, like, possibly, Gen. Edwin Walker. Some of it seems to involve pictorial representations, something I may get into down the road, but right now I'm interested in the easy stuff, the obvious.

A=0)(B=1)(C=2)(D=3)(E=4)(F=5)(G=6)(H=7)(I=8)(J=9)(K=10)(L=11)(M=12)(N=13)

(O=14)(P=15)(Q=16)(R=17)(S=18)(T=19)(U=20)(V=21)(W=22)(X=23)(Y=24)(Z=25)

I appreciate the heads up on George A Bouhe. Inspired some time ago by Lee Farley I spent a great deal of time trying to make the label about George, and perhaps it will turn out to be. It seems mighty strange that the "601" decodes to "GAB" and the probable postage due notice for this package, found in Oswald's blue suitcase at the Paine's, was so closely associated with another post office form bearing the name and address of George A. Bouhe, that the Dallas Police inventory listed these two forms under the same item number. The Bouhe form subsequently disappeared down the memory hole.

In a future post, I’m going to suggest a possibility for a capital “H”.

Thanks Paul,

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

The label on the "Undeliverable Package" was very carefully designed by Oswald (or whoever) and very well executed. Using at least a couple of different layers or ways of understanding his messages, he told us who the prime movers were behind the assassination, and who were the mechanics. Here is a nearly fifty year old summery of the assassination of a president, and it’s my opinion that this is Oswald’s tale, the only one we have. And we should probably assume that he didn’t know everything, that he knew what he thought he knew or suspected, and not necessarily the bigger picture.

This label may look a little sloppy and haphazard, but it’s not. Every quirk and oddity was intentional, and realizing that allows us to look hard at the things that look suspicious – they all have meaning and are directing us toward the messages.

He wrote out the label, probably in a fairly light shade of ink, and then went over some of the letters again in a darker shade of ink, or with a heavier stroke, to accentuate the areas he needed to. In this way, and by adding extra markings, he made some of the letters on the label into compound letters, and he did it in a way that would tip us off as to what name or word he wanted us to make, by making localized pockets of these obviously manipulated letters. He also wrote other smaller numbers and letters, probably in pencil, to act as guideposts in areas where he thought we might get lost.

To really understand how he is guiding us toward the information he wanted to convey may be a little tedious for some, but it’s well worth a little time and effort I think.

We can start with an example discussed yesterday, the “W” in West, which also carries an “i”, an “n” and an “r”. Right away, we’re being tipped off that these extra letters are important and are telling us to do something. The most noticeable are the “i” and the “n”. So we can guess that we’re looking to make a name with a “WIN” in it someplace. I think this “Win” has more than one function, and one of those is to make the name “Win Scott” - more about that in a future post. Another function is to make the name discussed yesterday, “Gen. Edwin Walker”.

Keeping in mind the darker heavy lines, and the lighter lines, I’d like you to look at the “N” and the “a” in Nassaus. The “N” has a break in boldness near the top right. That break was intended to form two more letters, an “r” and an “L”. They’re both nicely formed.

The “a” next to it has a lot going on too. The right side is very heavily drawn over to form a “Z”. This leaves the left side with a “C” shape. Running down the middle is a slanted line making it look like a little like the head of a screw. S

We have then, an "l", an “r”, an “n”, a “z” and maybe an intended “c”. And these letters are embedded and bunched together seemingly to suggest a name – “Lorenzo”? or, “Lorenzo Pacillo”, AKA: Loran Eugene Hall. So where’s the “P”? Look at the “d” in Oswald and notice how it’s formed. The dark line from the “l” before it suddenly stops, leaving only the lighter connection between it and the “d”. Also, there is no tail on the “d”. And finally, it’s “p” shape is further accentuated by the difference in boldness between the two vertical parallel lines forming the stem. Turn the “d” upside down and you can see that if it had been crafted in any other way, it wouldn’t be looking like a “P. But as it is, and turned upside down, it’s a splendid “P”. Turn the label right-side-up again, and study the “a” just below the “d”. It’s very suggestive of a double letter, a “c” and an “i” which even appears to be dotted.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

The label on the "Undeliverable Package" was very carefully designed by Oswald (or whoever) and very well executed. Using at least a couple of different layers or ways of understanding his messages, he told us who the prime movers were behind the assassination, and who were the mechanics. Here is a nearly fifty year old summery of the assassination of a president, and it’s my opinion that this is Oswald’s tale, the only one we have. And we should probably assume that he didn’t know everything, that he knew what he thought he knew or suspected, and not necessarily the bigger picture.

This label may look a little sloppy and haphazard, but it’s not. Every quirk and oddity was intentional, and realizing that allows us to look hard at the things that look suspicious – they all have meaning and are directing us toward the messages.

He wrote out the label, probably in a fairly light shade of ink, and then went over some of the letters again in a darker shade of ink, or with a heavier stroke, to accentuate the areas he needed to. In this way, and by adding extra markings, he made some of the letters on the label into compound letters, and he did it in a way that would tip us off as to what name or word he wanted us to make, by making localized pockets of these obviously manipulated letters. He also wrote other smaller numbers and letters, probably in pencil, to act as guideposts in areas where he thought we might get lost.

To really understand how he is guiding us toward the information he wanted to convey may be a little tedious for some, but it’s well worth a little time and effort I think.

We can start with an example discussed yesterday, the “W” in West, which also carries an “i”, an “n” and an “r”. Right away, we’re being tipped off that these extra letters are important and are telling us to do something. The most noticeable are the “i” and the “n”. So we can guess that we’re looking to make a name with a “WIN” in it someplace. I think this “Win” has more than one function, and one of those is to make the name “Win Scott” - more about that in a future post. Another function is to make the name discussed yesterday, “Gen. Edwin Walker”.

Keeping in mind the darker heavy lines, and the lighter lines, I’d like you to look at the “N” and the “a” in Nassaus. The “N” has a break in boldness near the top right. That break was intended to form two more letters, an “r” and an “L”. They’re both nicely formed.

The “a” next to it has a lot going on too. The right side is very heavily drawn over to form a “Z”. This leaves the left side with a “C” shape. Running down the middle is a slanted line forming yet another “L”. Since the “N” also has an “L” crafted into it, we can guess right away that we’re supposed to be making something with more than on “L”.

We have then, a couple of “L”s, an “r”, an “n”, a “z” and maybe an intended “c”. And these letters are embedded and bunched together to suggest a name – “Lorenzo”, and more specifically, “Lorenzo Pacillo”, AKA: Loran Eugene Hall. So where’s the “P”? Look at the “d” in Oswald and notice how it’s formed. The dark line from the “l” before it suddenly stops, leaving only the lighter connection between it and the “d”. Also, there is no tail on the “d”, unlike most of the other letters in this penmanship. And finally, it’s “p” shape is further accentuated by the difference in boldness between the two vertical parallel lines forming the stem. Turn the “d” upside down and you can see that if it had been crafted in any other way, it wouldn’t be looking like a “P. But as it is, and turned upside down, it’s a splendid “P”. Keep the label upside down, and look carefully at the “L” next to it. It’s drawn much heavier in one area. What is that shape the darker line is making? Is it a “hook”? No, it’s a “Pick”. Turn the label right-side-up again, and study the “a” just below the “d”. It’s very suggestive of a double letter, a “c” and an “i” which even appears to be dotted.

Keep in mind, nothing on this label is haphazard or sloppy. If it looks that way to you, dig deeper.

Once we realize we have “L R N Z P I C” and the “Pick” to show us we’re on the right track, we can look in the neighborhood and fill in the rest for “LORENZO PICILLO”, AKA, Loran Eugene Hall.

As I’ve said in previous posts, I’ve changed my mind about a lot of things I once said about this label. Don’t dig back too far in my posts or you’ll encounter some of my muddled thinking. I’ve been working on this for a year and a half and it’s been, and still is, a work in progress. But I think we’re getting close – please bear with me.

My next post will deal with a name that seems unmistakable but is quite shocking to me. It’s a first and last name and also has a picture clue, similar to the “pic” just described, to tell us what this man did for a living.

Tom, this is an exciting possibility. Jim Garrison was also keen to interview Loran Hall in connection with his pursuit of Edgar Eugene Bradley. Further, Harry Dean (in this Forum) claims to be an eye-witness to these events, and he portays Loran Hall and Guy Gabaldon as two key players in the JBS conspiracy to assassinate JFK.

Harry Dean also mentions "Lawrence Howard" (AKA Alonzo Escruido) in this context. As I understand Harry Dean's portait, the leadership of the JBS gave Guy Gabaldon a lot of money. Gabaldon hired two guys -- Hall and Howard -- to monitor Lee Harvey Oswald. They were with Oswald for long periods of time, especially when he had no job (although Marina believed he was working) and when he could get away from Marina for days or weeks at a time (e.g. the Mexican episode). Gabaldon's offices were in Mexico. (Oswald received some of that money from Galbaldon in Mexico.)

It occurs to me that attorney and convict Dean Andrews testified to the Warren Commision that he first met Lee Harvey Oswald in his office in New Orleans, when Oswald entered accompanied by some "gay Chicanos". Well, that sounds a bit odd, but if Oswald was accompanied by Hispanic men in New Orleans, it remains possible that the two men were Hall and Howard.

If we can't find many other names besides these, then it is possible that Oswald was kept in the dark as regards the higher-ups.

Now -- why would Oswald work with these guys? For one thing, they were also former U.S. Military men, very right-wing (as Oswald sometimes pretended to be, or perhaps actually was), and would accept cash payments for underground activities. Oswald might have been spying on them for the FBI. Or, Oswald might have been trying to earn extra cash. Or, Oswald might have been responding to threats from Guy Banister and David Ferrie. Or some combination of reasons.

So, Tom, does your cryptography find anything like 'Alonzo Escruido?'

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Hi Paul,

The answer to your question about Alonzo Escruido, AKA: Lawrence John Howard, AKA: Fat Larry, is yes, no, and maybe. The materials we had to make Lorenzo Pacillo are very similar to those needed to make Alonzo Escruido. What would be nice to have is a representation of a "screw" maybe, to let us know were on the right track (ES-SCREW-IDO). There could be one down at the bottom of the first “s” in Nassaus. A possible slotted head is on the left, with the threaded part is on the right, but we need to wait for a better photograph of the label to see - it's pretty murky down there. The "a" itself looks a lot like the head of a screw with that line running diagonally through it - that could have been the intent, but I think I want more. However, there is one more indication that we’re on the right track. Except for some vowels, most of the key letters to make Alonzo Escruido are very close together, and the “T” in “Texas” just below these is formed to ever-so-much resemble a tilted “Y”. This would bolster Alonzo Escrudido with a "Larry". So I think I'd give it a maybe.

I haven't been able to locate Tyler Newcomb. Last year his contact information was on "The Gringos" website which is no longer active. Supposedly, Tyler might be in possession of the original photos his father Fred took of the label and package. If anyone knows his whereabouts and would be willing to contact him, it would be helpful.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

The entire (decoded) address line on the “Undeliverable Package” reads:

W. G. BANISTER - IN THIS NOTE IS YOU

The note, of course, is the label itself and all the buried information it carries, and I suspect the “you” is a bigger group than just the people indicated on the label. This was probably done as a little side comment, the big message, and surprise, is W. G. Banister.

Every letter on the address line is used, no letter is used twice or anything like that, and no letters were borrowed from elsewhere. Both phrases are totally complete.

The first part, “W.G.Banister”, is a simple anagram using all of the first ten letters. The second part, “In this note is you”, is not an anagram, it’s a form of phonetic Spanish.

I’ll do Banister first.

“601” becomes “GAB”, (also an anagram of the initials for his business, (“Guy Banister Associates”).

“WEST” is four letters, and the “W” has an imbedded “n”, an “r”, and an “i”.

That’s ten letters, “GABWESTNRI”, and using all ten make the ten letter name, “W.G Banister”.

All the rest of the line, “Nassaus St” had the primary purpose of carrying most of the letters for one of his primary messages, “Assassination”, or some variation of that word. His task was to use his message letters in a way that would at least look like a real address of some sort, but he probably noticed somewhere along the line that he could craft them into a comment: “In this note is you”.

Take a look at the photo of the label and notice the “a” with the line through it. Next look at the last letter on the line, a “t”, and notice the “A” drawn across the stem.

The first letter in “Nassaus” is “N”. In Spanish that sound is “En”, which means “In”. The second letter, “a”, is lined through and it’s meaning is, “not a”. The Spanish word is spelled the same, “nota”, and it means “note”. Next there are two “s”s. The Spanish word with that sound is “es” and it means “is”. Next we have “aus” and that sound is spelled “os” in Spanish and means “you”. The next letter is “S”, and the last letter is a “t” with an “A” on its back. This “S ta” sound in Spanish is the word “esta” and means “this”.

N(a)ssaus St (a)

N – not a – ss – aus – S – ta.

En - nota - es - os - esta.

In note is you this.

Phrased in English, “In this note is you”

Most of the things I’ve been posting about are a stretch, even for me, and I know that a good deal of it is just plain WRONG. I think this analysis just might be right. For a long time I thought the “GAB” must have something to do with George A. Bouhe. Then I thought it must be about Gabaldon, and although he may still play a big roll in the rest of the messages that come out of this label, the primary function of those numbers are to provide a start for the seven letters that follow, and all ten of the first ten letters of this address line are totally used up by the ten letter name, “W.G. Banister”. That’s a big elegantly made message, and I suspect the rest of the line he just made because he found he could. Like I said, the right hand portion's primary function was to supply most of the letters for “Assassination”.

What follows may be just coincidences, but what you see when you look at the word “West” is also the large lower-case “n” attached to the left side of the “W”, like “nWest”, or “NWest”, or “Northwest”. The compass direction for Northwest is 315 degrees, and an anagram of “315” is “531” and W. Guy Banisters office was at 531 Lafayette St.

315 also decodes to “DBF”. I don’t know if David William Ferrie ever used the middle name Bill, but if he did, “DBF” works for "David 'Bill' Ferrie".

The next area to tackle is in the area of the "O" in "Oswald. If W. G. Banister is this obviously unambiguous, maybe there's a big surprise waiting up there too.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

I haven't been able to locate Tyler Newcomb. Last year his contact information was on "The Gringos" website which is no longer active. Supposedly, Tyler might be in possession of the original photos his father Fred took of the label and package. If anyone knows his whereabouts and would be willing to contact him, it would be helpful.

Sadly, Fred T. Newcomb passed away on March 30, 2012.

Tom, I'm sure you could contact Tyler when the time is appropriate. His email address is in the lower right hand corner.

http://murderfromwithin.com/rip-fred-t-newcomb_280.html

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the update, sad though it is, and I will wait a while before trying to contact Tyler.

A better photograph of the label is certainly needed, however, especially now. I don’t know if you’ve looked at my previous post, but I was shocked several hours ago to see that for all this time I’d been overlooking the obvious. The first seven letters of the address line, the line where the author (Oswald I believe) had the most control, spelled out the anagram for “W.G. Banister”. And with those extra letters obviously imbedded in the “W”, it shows proof positive that not only does the label carry meaning, but that that meaning was intentional. Using every one of those first ten letters, and without going through any fancy rigmarole, that’s what it says: “W.G. Banister”.

The remainder of that line, the “Nassaus St” section, I say, if you don’t like my analysis of that, simply disregard it and focus on what a mind blower the “601 West” is. I don’t speak Spanish by the way, and if anyone would care to correct my translation, I’d be much obliged.

This changes everything for me, and I want to now start fresh with this new knowledge – start fresh at this point. As I’ve said before, don’t dig back into my posts too far, this is a work in progress and much of what I’ve claimed is just plain wrong. Much might end up being correct however. I’m guilty of thinking out loud on this forum, and I’m sure I’ll have more fits of muddled thinking in the future.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

Go for it Tom.

------------

edit add : the packages journey. That package was constructed in a sequence, At some point when the package was empty, whether cut off the roll or not with or without the first stitch the first address was written. The contents placed inside. No stamps. Hand delivered? The contents removed out of the crumpled package and the label pasted on the package then seeded into the USPO arriving undeliverable and damaged, opened, in the nix room where it was discovered stamped received meaning obviously someone recieved it? and inspected by HDH and then ... nothing.

Edited by John Dolva

Hi John,

Thanks to Lee Farley, here’s a link to the JFK-John Armstrong Collection at Baylor. This has a better version of the package photo that we’ve been looking at. There seem to be numbers, letters, and symbols all over the package, but who put them there…?

http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/po-arm/id/25951/rec/3

This collection contains a document that would seem to indicate that some postal employees at the Irving Post Office where talking about an Oswald package in the “Nixie” section as early as November 23rd, and there’s also a different wording of Harry Holmes’s opening of the package.

You wrote:

“edit add : the packages journey. That package was constructed in a sequence, At some point when the package was empty, whether cut off the roll or not with or without the first stitch the first address was written. The contents placed inside. No stamps. Hand delivered? The contents removed out of the crumpled package and the label pasted on the package then seeded into the USPO arriving undeliverable and damaged, opened, in the nix room where it was discovered stamped received meaning obviously someone recieved it? and inspected by HDH and then ... nothing.”

Since I think Oswald made the package and label, my imagined sequence is different than yours.

Since I believe the label to be a very complex but easily decipherable set of messages, it must have taken many days and a great deal of intelligence and motivation to create it. And since the messages that are revealing themselves point fingers toward suspects heavily connected to the suspected power centers behind the assassination, I have trouble imagining why these powerful individuals would be implicating themselves with the information contained on the label.

By the way, I’ve always thought the small “o” inside the larger “C” inside the large “O” in “Oswald” was just that; a small “o”. I’ve changed my mind. I believe it’s actually two “L”s - one right side up, and one upside down. The label portion of the new photo from Baylor is very washed out and void of any real detail, but it caused me to take another look at this particular detail. With the three adjacent letters, “s”, “e”, and the “W” containing an “i” and an “n” as it does, “E. Collins” might be the intention here (and there are indications that this “OCLL” complex letter is engaging in a pictorial activity on the label).

After reading my post #75, does anyone else suspect that this label contains any intentional messages?

Tom