The Education Forum

Christian David

I was just wondering if anyone knew if Christian David was still alive? I haven't been able to find out via the internet. I haven't come across an obituary or any notice of his death. I am asking because I remember in the episode of TMWKK that he had written a letter with what he knew of the assassination and given it to his lawyer if I remember rightly. I think he said the letter could only be opened when he died. I never heard any more about it so just wondered what had happened to him?

I was just wondering if anyone knew if Christian David was still alive? I haven't been able to find out via the internet. I haven't come across an obituary or any notice of his death. I am asking because I remember in the episode of TMWKK that he had written a letter with what he knew of the assassination and given it to his lawyer if I remember rightly. I think he said the letter could only be opened when he died. I never heard any more about it so just wondered what had happened to him?

I seem to recall that he died, but the letter has never been revealed.

Jack

I seem to recall that he died, but the letter has never been revealed.

Jack

Apparently he is still alive. There is lots on the www about Da-veed. For instance:

People have had 25 years to come up with alibis." When asked why he didn't bother to interview one of his alleged assassins (Saveur Pironti) he claimed he couldn't because he thought, "It was too dangerous." Some investigators, such as author Anthony Summers, however, continue to believe the Rivele leads worthy of further investigation. Summers writes:  For those who wish to see no further progress in the Kennedy case, a much-trumpeted British television program . . . was a welcome event. Among its many follies, the program named as Gunman Two and Gunman Three two men whose names had come up during Rivele's discussions with [Christian] David, but who David had since specifically said were innocent. In the wake of the television program, one of the men produced a plausible alibi for November 22, and Rivele's exclusive story suddenly appeared -- however unjustifiably -- to have been exploded. Rivele's French publishers backed off, and no American publisher had been found as this book went to press. Rivele himself, disgusted with the Central TV fiasco, weary from years of non-stop investigation, turned to other work.

"I have not touched the case since 1988," Rivele recently confirmed. "David was released from prison a few years ago and is alive in France. I assume that [witness Michel] Nicoli is still alive. David's letter to his lawyer [discussed in the documentary] was obtained (I don't know how) by two researchers (one in Dallas, one in Paris), who promised to make it public last spring, but evidently were frightened out of doing so. They still won't share the contents with me." "I believe that Sarti was involved," he says, "but apparently I was wrong on the other two." (Rivele has since become a successful Hollywood screenwriter; his credits include Oliver Stone's Nixon.) Christian David, of course, is only one of literally several dozen convicted felons who have come forward with claims about John F. Kennedy's death over the years. Whether his tale merits any more credence than any of the others remains to be seen. Click here for a summary of Steve Rivele's story, as seen in The Men Who Killed Kennedy. Click here for some further information from Rivele's book, as yet published only in France. Meanwhile, a recent book, Triangle of Death: The Shocking Truth about the Role of South Vietnam and the French Mafia in the Assassination of JFK, by Bradley S. O'Leary and L. E. Seymour, alleges that Christian David lied with regard to many of the details he gave Rivele, but that there is nevertheless a kernel of truth to his story. Only time will tell whether Nigel Turner's audience will embrace a theory that places the blame for Kennedy's death squarely on the government of South Vietnam.

Successful GOOGLE searches depend on using the right search words in the

correct order of importance. For instance googling CHRISTIAN DAVID, yields

nothing. (CHRISTIAN gets lots of religious feedback and DAVID yields lots

about people named David)

But try...

Steve Rivelle JFK assassin Christian David

...and you will find lots of stuff. Let us know if you find anything of interest.

Jack

Hi Jack,

many thanks for the info! You're right - I didn't find anything first time as I had only googled under 'Christian David'. I just tried 'Christian David + JFK assassination' and now I'm getting somewhere! I'll try your combination as well. If I find anything of interest I'll be sure to post it.

I wonder who the two researchers are who got hold of the letter and how they did, if it was supposed to have been locked away until his death? Hm....questions, questions.......

Edited by Francesca Akhtar