The Education Forum

Harry Dean: Memoirs

Post by Wim : "Within the confines of [Angleton’s] remarkable life were most of America’s secrets. “You know how I got to be in charge of counterintelligence? I agreed not to polygraph or require detailed background checks o­n Allen Dulles and 60 of his closest friends . . ." "

Harry, do you know who these 60 friends might be? Also, did you know of Bookhout?

John D

edit::how would one go about finding out who directed the mail opening operation? in dallas 63?

Edited by John Dolva

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a question for Harry Dean.

Harry I would be interested to know what you did in the weeks immediately after the assassination.

Did you for example leave the country & meet up with other contract agents similarly seeking to make themselves scarce?

Thank you.

Tony Basing

Post by Wim : "Within the confines of [Angleton’s] remarkable life were most of America’s secrets. “You know how I got to be in charge of counterintelligence? I agreed not to polygraph or require detailed background checks o­n Allen Dulles and 60 of his closest friends . . ." "

Harry, do you know who these 60 friends might be? Also, did you know of Bookhout?

John D

edit::how would one go about finding out who directed the mail opening operation? in dallas 63?

This Angleton quote is a reference to Operation Paperclip and Dulles' ties to the Nazis. Angleton was purportedly given the job of chief spy-hunter on the condition he would not look too closely at the Nazi ties of many of the U.S.' top spies. Paperclip was of course the Dulles-led operation to give Hitler's top spies amnesty for their war crimes, in exchange for their joining forces with U.S. and British intelligence against the KGB.

Edited by Pat Speer

This is a question for Harry Dean.

Harry I would be interested to know what you did in the weeks immediately after the assassination.

Did you for example leave the country & meet up with other contract agents similarly seeking to make themselves scarce?

Thank you.

Tony Basing

Tony

My concern after November 22 was that serious problems might arrive from my scheming associates. Also continued contacts and meetings with Bureau agents re; related subjects {eg} of political rightist and leftists groups and individuals as possible suspects. In general kept on with daily but fearful existance.

H. Dean

Guest Stephen Turner

Harry, thanks for posting all this good information, it takes some courage sir!

As with you, in my younger days I was politically active (on the other side of the fence though) I now draw little distinction between left and right, Rather those who see what is happing to our world, and want to do something about it. and those who cannot/will not see. I fear we are in the minority. once again Harry thanks.

Harry: what is your source for the plot to assassinate Kennedy in Mexico City in June 1963? And who is Guy Galabon, date of birth, livelihood, etc? Can you share more?

MORE excerpts  from the 1990 manuscript/book YROJ Connection To The JFK Assassination.

I was recruited by U.S. Intelligence by their uniquely convincing tactics.... { to avoid being indicted as an unregistered agent of a foriegn government}. By that time in 1960 I had been a humanitarian supporter of the Cuban revolution, and an active member of Castro's 26th Of July Movement..... in the United States.  I was 'to blow the whistle' on both The Fair Play For Cuba Committee, and my associates in The 26th Of July Movement. In the time frame of being appointed acting secretary of FPCC {Chicago} I was given the task of entering Cuba to gather information for U.S. Intelligence. Using the 'cover' of a pro-Cuba activist.....Cuban Intelligence {DGI} agent Fransisco Vega, put me through an interrogation usually reserved for suspected enemy agents {almost three hours at Havana Hdqrtrs} It was a most unpleasant ordeal. My humble story was borne out with apparently solid credentials, and certainly by check-outs Vega made with his U.S. contacts.

At a later debriefing with Central Intelligence and my usual...contact agents, when ask if I believed that the Cuban people would rise against Castro during an invasion by the U.S., I stated 'It is my sad duty to inform you that they will not attempt to aid in overthrowing that government. Giving the reasons, and apologizing for having to make such an unpopular report........

A second revolution was raging. The liberal establishment in the U.S. was under attack by ultra-conservative forces that had begun to organize in 1958. This fast growing power absorbed the anti-Castro Movement there. They used these Cubans to further their own 'rightist' goals, such as the American Communist Party was doing in exploiting the opposing pro-Castro Cubans. But among the widespread 'rightist' movement were assassin-minded persons that would take action to aid in seizing control of the U.S. government if only given the word

Even being tight-knit with the individuals involved, except for bits and pieces of confusing information I failed to timely detect a clearer picture of the real and more subtle plot to kill the president...... the plan move relentlessly........ but a 'need-to-know' method of secrecy was being applied among my radical associates.

When the name of a Fair Play For Cuba Committee communist was broadcast  throughout the rightist circuit after the airing of an August, 1963 radio program from Station WDSU, New Orleans, Louisiana, Lee Oswald was 'selected' by another of our {JBS} associates, retired U.S. Army General E.A. Walker of Dallas,Texas.

The subject was chosen by 'Guy" Gabaldon as 'the fall guy' in the secretive plot against Kennedy. None of us objected,and found it humorous to frame a communist. I quietly considered it as goofy as the weird, but hazy, arrangements to kill the president.

When Kennedy visited Mexico City in late June of 1962, Gabaldon in league with some rightist Mexican Federal Police Officials, was set to shoot president Kennedy. Only a last minute escape problem aborted that assassination scheme.....Two other of our associates...Lawrence John Howard - aka Alonzo Escruido,and Loran Eugene 'Skip' Hall- aka Lorenzo Pacillo, were dispatched by Gabaldon to enlist to Oswald in { a phony CIA, Central Intelligence  Agency set-up} at Gabaldon's Mexico City area office.

Harry J. Dean, 1990

Guest John Gillespie

As with you, in my younger days I was politically active (on the other side of the fence though) I now draw little distinction between left and right, Rather those who see what is happing to our world, and want to do something about it. and those who cannot/will not see. I fear we are in the minority. once again Harry thanks.

Stephen,

Exactimundo! After so much consumption of isolated facts, theory and sentiment , I do share the JBS contention that it is not Right/Left at all , though that focus is precisely what the One World government advocates would have us keep.

Jim Marrs, in "Rule By Secrecy" pointed out that it is interesting to note that Lincoln and Kennedy adhered to currency regulations that were anathema to those wishing to establish and control world monetary policy.

I don't believe that the JBS has been a front or cover for the Mormons or any subsidiary for which the Mormons may have been a front/cover. Like so many organizations, I believe the JBS was an easy penetration target. Finally, however unsympathetic one may feel about the JBS, the amount of derisive propaganda against it over the years should be telling.

Yours Truly,

JAG

I disagree. I think the answer is still on the left (a commitment to equality between all the world’s citizens). The problem is that most political figures on the left who get into power move swiftly to the right. As I have argued on another thread, figures like Lenin and Stalin, should be seen as right-wing figures once they gained power. Tony Blair is another who fits into this pattern (although there are grave doubts about whether he was ever really on the "left").

Stephen,

Exactimundo! After so much consumption of isolated facts, theory and sentiment , I do share the JBS contention that it is not Right/Left at all , though that focus is precisely what the One World government advocates would have us keep.

Jim Marrs, in "Rule By Secrecy" pointed out that it is interesting to note that Lincoln and Kennedy adhered to currency regulations that were anathema to those wishing to establish and control world monetary policy.

I don't believe that the JBS has been a front or cover for the Mormons or any subsidiary for which the Mormons may have been a front/cover. Like so many organizations, I believe the JBS was an easy penetration target. Finally, however unsympathetic one may feel about the JBS, the amount of derisive propaganda against it over the years should be telling.

Yours Truly,

JAG

JAG

Quote, from YROJ Ms/book

An extremely costly seizure of the Republican Party was the urgent and powerful

first step by LDS/JBS for entrance into the legitimate political scene.............

H. Dean

Harry,

Can you elaborate on the "combination" from this excerpt.

"I do not know, but there were many influencial and powerful anti-Kennedy

adherents with the same philosophy as the 'combination'."

Wade

The 'combination' of LDS and it's political action arm JBS......such formed

the leadership to influencial and powerful anti-Kennedy, genuine conservative

Republicans and others.

H. Dean

Harry: what is your source for the plot to assassinate Kennedy in Mexico City in June 1963? And who is Guy Galabon, date of birth, livelihood, etc? Can you share more?
MORE excerpts  from the 1990 manuscript/book YROJ Connection To The JFK Assassination.

I was recruited by U.S. Intelligence by their uniquely convincing tactics.... { to avoid being indicted as an unregistered agent of a foriegn government}. By that time in 1960 I had been a humanitarian supporter of the Cuban revolution, and an active member of Castro's 26th Of July Movement..... in the United States.  I was 'to blow the whistle' on both The Fair Play For Cuba Committee, and my associates in The 26th Of July Movement. In the time frame of being appointed acting secretary of FPCC {Chicago} I was given the task of entering Cuba to gather information for U.S. Intelligence. Using the 'cover' of a pro-Cuba activist.....Cuban Intelligence {DGI} agent Fransisco Vega, put me through an interrogation usually reserved for suspected enemy agents {almost three hours at Havana Hdqrtrs} It was a most unpleasant ordeal. My humble story was borne out with apparently solid credentials, and certainly by check-outs Vega made with his U.S. contacts.

At a later debriefing with Central Intelligence and my usual...contact agents, when ask if I believed that the Cuban people would rise against Castro during an invasion by the U.S., I stated 'It is my sad duty to inform you that they will not attempt to aid in overthrowing that government. Giving the reasons, and apologizing for having to make such an unpopular report........

A second revolution was raging. The liberal establishment in the U.S. was under attack by ultra-conservative forces that had begun to organize in 1958. This fast growing power absorbed the anti-Castro Movement there. They used these Cubans to further their own 'rightist' goals, such as the American Communist Party was doing in exploiting the opposing pro-Castro Cubans. But among the widespread 'rightist' movement were assassin-minded persons that would take action to aid in seizing control of the U.S. government if only given the word

Even being tight-knit with the individuals involved, except for bits and pieces of confusing information I failed to timely detect a clearer picture of the real and more subtle plot to kill the president...... the plan move relentlessly........ but a 'need-to-know' method of secrecy was being applied among my radical associates.

When the name of a Fair Play For Cuba Committee communist was broadcast  throughout the rightist circuit after the airing of an August, 1963 radio program from Station WDSU, New Orleans, Louisiana, Lee Oswald was 'selected' by another of our {JBS} associates, retired U.S. Army General E.A. Walker of Dallas,Texas.

The subject was chosen by 'Guy" Gabaldon as 'the fall guy' in the secretive plot against Kennedy. None of us objected,and found it humorous to frame a communist. I quietly considered it as goofy as the weird, but hazy, arrangements to kill the president.

When Kennedy visited Mexico City in late June of 1962, Gabaldon in league with some rightist Mexican Federal Police Officials, was set to shoot president Kennedy. Only a last minute escape problem aborted that assassination scheme.....Two other of our associates...Lawrence John Howard - aka Alonzo Escruido,and Loran Eugene 'Skip' Hall- aka Lorenzo Pacillo, were dispatched by Gabaldon to enlist to Oswald in { a phony CIA, Central Intelligence  Agency set-up} at Gabaldon's Mexico City area office.

Harry J. Dean, 1990

Jefferson

The source is Gabaldon, so stated by him and known to we his fellow

anti-Castro anti-Kennedy associates, re; Kennedy's June 1962 visit.

Guy Gabaldon, former U.S. Marine WW2, movie Hell to Eternity re; his

heroic deeds, now about age 80, ran for U.S. Congress 1964 {lost}.

1962/63 with finacial assists from others organized DAC, Drive against

Communism, leagued with John Birch Society leader{s} to become

DACA, Drive Against Communist Aggression, Southern California and

Mexico City..........

H. Dean

Edited by Harry J.Dean

Hello Mr. Dean.

Thanks very much for sharing all of this - very helpful -- it seems to fit in very well with a lot of material I have read and pieced together - although there are still some that I can't fit - like where Oak Ridge fits in, for example.

That aside, have you ever heard of an anti-Kennedy propoganda film called 'Measure - Countermeasure?'

Was also curious - Oswald's role as I believe I saw it somewhere?, was to ensure that the assassination failed, by informing and preparing the Trade Mart in advance of the arrival of the motorcade. Can't find the reference at the moment.

Got it... from Spartacus:

"If the assassins had attempted to shoot Mr. Kennedy at the Trade Mart, they would either have been killed or captured because the whole area was crawling with federal officers who were heavily armed. Lee Harvey Oswald, working as a federal security agent, had performed his job well," Dean said.

Since the President was killed right in front of his place of employment, I think it's safe to assume that Oswald suspected he'd been played - if that was the case, where did he think going to the Texas Theatre was going to get him? Was this a 'false' rendezvous point [in which case the 'Plan' was to set him up to be killed right there], or would you know if the 'plan' was to remove him to Cuba for some other goal? To finalize the smear, or other?

Would you happen to know if the shooting of Officer Tippit was simply the unfortunate consequence of bad timing, or part of the setup?

I apologize for some of these questions which I can't assume that you would know the answer to - last one:

According to Richard Case Nagell, he informed Hoover directly of the impending assassination conspiracy [scheduled for September, if I recall].

"The truth of the matter is. I told my superiors about this plot when I first learned of the details, but they ignored it," Dean added.

Did Hoover simply use a 'pocket-veto?'

- lee

Guy Gabaldon, former U.S. Marine WW2, movie Hell to Eternity re; his

heroic deeds, now about age 80, ran for U.S. Congress 1964 {lost}.

1962/63 with finacial assists from others organized DAC, Drive against

Communism, leagued with John Birch Society leader{s} to become

DACA, Drive Against Communist Aggression, Southern California and

Mexico City..........

As of 2003, Gabaldon was still alive and giving speeches, blaming the decline of "Christian" America on "leftist liberals" and the ACLU.

http://www.americasvoices.org/archives2003...gelT_012203.htm

Ron

Hello Mr. Dean.

Thanks very much for sharing all of this - very helpful -- it seems to fit in very well with a lot of material I have read and pieced together - although there are still some that I can't fit - like where Oak Ridge fits in, for example.

That aside, have you ever heard of an anti-Kennedy propoganda film called 'Measure - Countermeasure?' 

Was also curious - Oswald's role as I believe I saw it somewhere?, was to ensure that the assassination failed, by informing and preparing the Trade Mart in advance of the arrival of the motorcade.  Can't find the reference at the moment.

Got it... from Spartacus:

"If the assassins had attempted to shoot Mr. Kennedy at the Trade Mart, they would either have been killed or captured because the whole area was crawling with federal officers who were heavily armed. Lee Harvey Oswald, working as a federal security agent, had performed his job well," Dean said.

Hi, Lee

Most if not all the above quotes were by a writer named W.R. Morris with

whom I fell-out after The Tom Snyder Show,in New York City. Morris was

a good investigative reporter but went on to write several stories contributing

them to me, and were his own ideas, and about which I learned many years later.

Morris was angry as I would not agree to go along with a book he intended to

write. One example is a publication called ' The Secret Papers Of Harry Dean', I received a copy of it from Gary Buell in 2004 and realized it and other such

writings by Morris were angry attempts to involve me, by placing his own words in

my mouth. Words that still reach out from his grave.

Would like to get a copy of The Measure-Countermeasure item if possible. Thanks,

Harry

Since the President was killed right in front of his place of employment, I think it's safe to assume that Oswald suspected he'd been played - if that was the case, where did he think going to the Texas Theatre was going to get him? Was this a 'false' rendezvous point [in which case the 'Plan' was to set him up to be killed right there], or would you know if the 'plan' was to remove him to Cuba for some other goal? To finalize the smear, or other?

Would you happen to know if the shooting of Officer Tippit was simply the unfortunate consequence of bad timing, or part of the setup?

I apologize for some of these questions which I can't assume that you would know the answer to - last one:

According to Richard Case Nagell, he informed Hoover directly of the impending assassination conspiracy [scheduled for September, if I recall].

"The truth of the matter is. I told my superiors about this plot when I first learned of the details, but they ignored it," Dean added.

Did Hoover simply use a 'pocket-veto?'

- lee

Edited by Harry J.Dean