The Education Forum

50 Questions that Can and Should be Answered

William Kelly

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to take your football and go home now, Dave?

I haven't the slightest idea what you're babbling about here.

But, anyway, I prefer baseball, Bob.

Yes, I can see that. Football would probably be a bit too rough for you.

39) Who gave the DPD the description of the assassin that was broadcast over the police radio at 12:45pm?

I touched on this topic in answering Question #33. It was very likely Howard L. Brennan who provided the description broadcast on the DPD radio at 12:45. But even if it wasn't--so what? In fact, I've always kind of liked the idea that maybe it WASN'T Brennan who was responsible for that APB broadcast. Because in that case, as I mentioned before in Question 33, it means that there was yet another (unidentified) person in Dealey Plaza who described the sixth-floor TSBD assassin virtually the same way that Howard Brennan did. Here's the verbatim words that were broadcast over the Dallas Police radio at 12:45 PM CST on November 22, 1963, just fifteen minutes after President Kennedy was shot:

"Attention all squads. The suspect from Elm and Houston is reported to be an unknown white male about thirty, slender build, 5 feet 10 inches tall, 165 pounds, armed with what is thought to be a 30-30 rifle. No further description at this time, or information. 12:45."

Let's compare that description with what Howard Brennan wrote in his 11/22/63 affidavit:

"He was a white man in his early 30's, slender, nice looking, slender and would weigh about 165 to 175 pounds."

Notice any similarities?

Of course, the part about the suspect being armed with a "30-30 rifle" probably didn't come from Brennan, because Brennan didn't know guns at all. So that part of the 12:45 DPD broadcast must have come from a different source entirely. But the description of the assassin is identical to the way Brennan himself described the assassin just a short time later on November 22nd in his Sheriff's Department affidavit.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...