The Education Forum

New Book!

I've read scores of issues of the American Opinion magazine, and several books by JBS authors. Their President-hating, Fake Patriotism is very clear to the honest and unbiased observer.

Also, the COVERT HOSTILITY of Robert Welch wasn't in his allegedly "honest" reporting of the progress of Communism, but in his insidious claims that sitting US Presidents were Communist Traitors.

It isn't really clear to me that such unpatriotic drivel should be protected by the First Amendment -- it's very close to shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

Whether or not John Birch Society leaders should have been brought up on charges, I still maintain that their anti-culture was the direct cause of the Zeitgeist that encouraged and concealed the JFK Killers..

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read scores of issues of the American Opinion magazine, and several books by JBS authors. Their President-hating, Fake Patriotism is very clear to the honest and unbiased observer.

Also, the COVERT HOSTILITY of Robert Welch wasn't in his allegedly "honest" reporting of the progress of Communism, but in his insidious claims that sitting US Presidents were Communist Traitors.

It isn't really clear to me that such unpatriotic drivel should be protected by the First Amendment -- it's very close to shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

Whether or not John Birch Society leaders should have been brought up on charges, I still maintain that their anti-culture was the direct cause of the Zeitgeist that encouraged and concealed the JFK Killers..

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

That's why we have more to fear from you than from the Birch Society. The reasons are as follows:

1. Since its inception (December 1958 but first chapters formed February 1959) virtually the entire political establishment in our country (right-wing and left-wing) rejected the JBS and its ideas as "extremist" and "irresponsible". The most well-known and influential conservatives of the 1960's including Sen. Barry Goldwater and William Buckley Jr. plus arguably the most respected conservative intellectual in 20th century America (Russell Kirk) all denounced Welch and the JBS. And so did J. Edgar Hoover!!

2. Furthermore, if you review the Gallup polling which was done several times on the JBS -- no significant percentage of the American people ever thought that the JBS was a worthwhile or respectable organization.

3. Consequently, as a society, we had nothing to fear from the JBS because everyone already rejected them decades ago.

4. When the JBS or its surrogates were brought into a courtroom environment because of libelous statements or articles they circulated --- the JBS and its surrogates lost big-time --- including the most significant case which produced a precedent-setting historic change in American libel law (Gertz v. Robert Welch Inc.). The JBS wound up paying Gertz $400,000 in compensatory and punitive damages. (In today's dollars, that would be approximately $16,753,321!!!)

4. HOWEVER --- persons like yourself POSE as patriotic and intelligent and fair-minded individuals BUT then you demand that we dismantle our civil liberties in order to "get at" groups like the JBS.

As you have written repeatedly in multiple threads here in EF, you think that Birchers are guilty of "treason" -- and everybody knows the prescribed punishment for treason. But TO YOU, freedom of speech is ONLY permissible when something said (or written) does not offend your particular sensibilities and you chafe at the notion that unpopular speech should be "protected by the First Amendment".

Why stop with the JBS? Who is next on YOUR list?

I've told you this before -- and I will repeat it now:

YOUR thought processes are IDENTICAL to not only the JBS members I have debated for the past 40+ years, your thought process is IDENTICAL to every right-wing radical and political extremist I have ever confronted or read about.

If you doubt me -- then just review the FBI files I have donated to Internet Archive in the "extreme right" category. Those files contain thousands of copies of newsletters, flyers, magazine articles, newspapers, speech transcripts, excerpts from recorded phone conversations --- so you will be able to easily recognize YOUR mentality in action.

Lastly, why stop with JBS members? Why not expand your hatred to everyone whom (as you wrote) was influenced by their "Zeitgeist"? So, for example, if someone who normally votes for a moderate conservative happens to like an idea which the JBS initiated or supports --- then let's put THEM on trial for "treason" too -- right? [incidentally, that would include ME -- because I agree with the JBS about telling the United Nations to locate elsewhere and I also agree with them with respect to the need to eliminate entire federal government agencies which do nothing to improve the lives of our people.]

Edited by Ernie Lazar

CELEBRATION OF SEPTEMBER 2015

In celebration of the fact that this new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy, by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield, was shipped this month, September, 2015, I am offering my three-part series in Smashwords on the history of Edwin Walker free of charge for the rest of this month.

Here are the URL's and the Coupon Codes you need to obtain these three volumes free of charge:

Promotional price: $0.00

A Brief History of Ex-General Edwin Walker (by Paul Trejo, 2012)

-- Part One

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/501625

Your coupon code is RG63Z (not case-sensitive).

-- Part Two

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/501629

Your coupon code is HQ39Z (not case-sensitive).

-- Part Three

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/501646

Your coupon code is CV94J (not case-sensitive).

Enjoy!

--Paul Trejo, MA

Just a reminder, folks, that this FREE OFFER ends at midnight tonight. Today is the very last day to take advantage of this offer, and obtain a copy of my three-part Smashwords eBook, absolutely free of charge.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Wow, Paul, your comments are truly astounding. Actual behavior is not as important as alleged thoughts and covert hostility.

BTW -- interesting how you diverted attention from your absolute falsehoods.

1. Drennan never told the FBI anything. Someone who spoke to Drennan contacted the FBI.

2. Drennan never told the person he spoke to that Walker was "planning" any murder.

3. The FBI never "deliberately concealed" anything re: Drennan's comments....In reality, the FBI immediately informed the AG, the Deputy AG, the Assistant AG for Internal Security and the Secret Service (twice on same day).

4. Robert K. Brown did not provide anything which connected the JBS or Walker to any murder plot -- thus falsifying your opening phrase, "In the Drennan/Robert K. Brown documents of April 1963". [in any event, there were no "Brown documents" in April 1963.]

Could anyone, BESIDES YOU, get so many things totally wrong in just ONE message?

Covert Hostility -- especially of the political variety as epitomized in the John Birch Society -- was what killed JFK.

It's more dangerous because it's so insidious -- so SNEAKY. So DISHONEST.

Backstabbers are always more dangerous than courageous opponents -- because the honest person has a 50/50 chance with an honest warrior.

When Edwin Walker was a US General, he was an honorable man. After Walker joined the John Birch Society and quit the US Army (forfeiting his Army pension) he became a dishonorable agent -- a highly trained US General transformed into a monstrous political activist -- not face to face -- but drifting toward the JBS mode of COVERT HOSTILITY.

(For example, in his personal papers of his Grand Jury hearing for the Ole Miss riots, Edwin Walker claimed that he was at Ole Miss "in order to calm things down." Yet he encouraged violence there, as eye-witnesses, including a living Bishop, widely attest. That's just one instance of what I mean by COVERT HOSTILITY.)

BTW -- COVERT HOSTILITY always translates into actual behavior -- though HIDDEN. Like the JFK murder.

Metaphorically speaking, JFK was stabbed in the back by sundry members of the John Birch Society.

1. It simply doesn't matter that the FBI files on Drennan were 3rd party -- they were RELIABLE.

2. Drennan admitted that WALKER was a JFK HATER, who, like all JBS "True Patriots" condemned JFK as a COMMUNIST, that is, as a TRAITOR, that is, as an ENEMY OF THE STATE. It was a death sentence to rational people (though the Covert Hostility of the JBS would simply look around innocently and exclaim, "Who, me??").

3. The FBI *clearly* "deliberately concealed" the entire Drennan File from the Warren Commission. That was the original point, and that was my point. And you know it.

4. The picayune trivia that you try to slice out of each sentence, Ernie, is obvious to most readers. You're evading the elephant in the room, Ernie -- namely -- that the Radical Right Wing as led by the resigned General Walker was known to be COVERTLY HOSTILE to JFK back in April of 1963.

And the Warren Commission never heard hide nor hair of it!

IMHO,

--Paul Trejo

Paul -- when you made this comment:

3. The FBI *clearly* "deliberately concealed" the entire Drennan File from the Warren Commission. That was the original point, and that was my point. And you know it.

You don't mean that the Warren Commission was never informed about Drennan, do you? Or that the Commission never was sent any FBI reports which contain references to Col. Robert K. Brown's comments about Drennan?

Edited by Ernie Lazar

Returning to the first chapter of Dr. Jeffrey Caufield's new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy, I'd like to highlight page 34.

Caufield wishes to show that Lee Harvey Oswald interacted with Guy Banister in NOLA. Aside from the many sightings already well-known, e.g.those presented by Jim Garrison in 1968, Caufield wishes to show a negative correlation. Caufield writes:

Most, if not all, of Lee Harvey Oswald's public theatrics involved an associate of Guy Banister acting as his adversary. In April 1964, Oswald was involved in some way wiht a shooting at General Edwin Walker's Dallas home, and admitted his involvement to his wife. He ostentatiously handed out pro-Castro literature in downtown New Orleans and got into a scuffle with anti-Castro Carlos Bringuier. He debated Ed Butler, a staunch anti-Communist on the radio. In each of those instances, his supposed adversaries (General Walker, Carlos Bringuier, and Ed Butler) were all close associates of Guy Banister." (Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy, 2015, p. 34, emphasis added)

Caufield also notes two more seemingly unrelated incidents of Oswald's political activity in 1963, namely, his attendance at a CORE voting registration line in New Orleans, and also at a NOCPA rally. At both of those activities, associates of Guy Banister were also seen with Oswald!

Caufield is only getting started here, yet he is presenting historical material in a way that portrays Lee Harvey Oswald moving in right-wing circles -- despite the fact that the Warren Commission insisted forcefully insisted that Lee Harvey Oswald was moving in left-wing circles, although as a "Lone Nut."

In this sense Caufield presents a classic CT, but with a twist -- i.e. Oswald actually knew the people who set him up as a Patsy.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Back in the first chapter of Dr. Jeffrey Caufield's new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy, I'd like to highlight page 45.

Caufield wishes to show that Jim Garrison's failed case against Clay Shaw nevertheless provided some useful information for historians, that otherwise might never have been presented. First, Garrison identified Guy Banister and David Ferrie as accomplices of Lee Harvey Oswald (LHO) in New Orleans in the summer of 1963. Secondly, Garrison observed that LHO wasn't a Communist, but was being used by Guy Banister as a right wing provocateur.

Jim Garrison had relied on a key witness -- Jack S. Martin -- who was nevertheless also a notorious drunkard, and so the FBI dismissed these allegations quickly, and let David Ferrie back on the street. Caufield writes:

Unfortunately, Garrison claimed he did not know why Oswald had been used or what his role was. After the story broke that he was secretly investigating the assassination, Garrison announced that ultra-rightists were behind the murder. Soon after, he abruptly changed course and announced that government intelligence was responsible for the murder. His case and credibility sharply dropped thereafter. (Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy, 2015, p. 45)

Jim Garrison, argues Dr. Caufield, was stunned when the FBI didn't want to pursue his Suspect #1, namely, David Ferrie. Caufield then opines that the FBI's quick release of David Ferrie might be related to Guy Banister's close relationship to J. Edgar Hoover. Yet this point was confusing unto itself -- for Jim Garrison it meant that the US Government was involved in the JFK Cover-up because it was also involved in the JFK murder.

Therefore, Jim Garrison shifted his original theory of the JFK murder as a Radical Right Conspiracy, into a theory of the JFK murder as a US Government Conspiracy. The CIA, FBI, and SS were all supporting David Ferrie and Guy Banister, thought Jim Garrison, and so LHO must have really been working for the US Government.

I agree with Dr. Caufield that Jim Garrison's case and credibility took a sharp drop because of that switch -- not because the US Government cannot easily criticize itself -- but because the need for evidence gave way to sheer speculation and conspiracy paranoia.

If Jim Garrison had doggedly pursued his original theory of a Radical Right conspiracy in the JFK murder, then, when the FBI released David Ferrie so quickly, Garrison might have given J. Edgar Hoover the benefit of the doubt, and recognized that the "Lone Nut" theory was indeed vital to US National Security during the dangerous Cold War period -- precisely because of the Radical RIght conspiracy in the murder of JFK.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Returning again to the first chapter of Dr. Jeffrey Caufield's new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy, I'd like to highlight page 48.

Caufield concludes this chapter by noting that at least eleven witnesses saw Lee Harvey Oswald (LHO) in the presence of Guy Banister. Other witnesses saw LHO in the presence of Banister's close associates, such as Sergio Arcacha Smith, David Ferrie, and Kent Courtney. One witness, a US Border Patrol agent with impeccable credentials, told the HSCA that he frequently saw LHO and David Ferrie coming and going from Guy Banister's office.

Yet it was Guy Banister's stand on Segregation that shone most prominently for Dr. Caufield, and he notes that this stand did not shine similarly for Jim Garrison. Caufield writes:

Neither Jim Garrison nor the HSCA, the only ones to investigate Guy Banister, made not of Banister's extensive and all-consuming career as a segregationist...Banister's role in Senator Eastland's Senate Committee that persecuted those who challenged the sacred Southern institution of segregation -- which faced extinction under the Kennedy administration -- was also somehow missed...It became an ingrained myth initiated by Jim Garrison -- and carried on in conspiracy books -- that Guy Banister's extensive files were related to CIA activities, when there is no evidence that they were. (Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy, p. 48)

Actually, claims Dr. Caufield, Guy Banister's active role in Southern states' inquisitions against Earl Warren's integration movement were the true substance of Banister files, which resembled those of the SSIS and the HUAC, targeting integrationists and liberals.

CT literature to date, suggests Caufield, has failed to highlight Banister's association with a large number of ultra-rightist and segregationist groups that passionately hated JFK.

The link between Guy Banister and LHO is the first key, suggests Caufield, to solving the JFK murder. Whether portraying LHO as a Communist or as a "Lone Nut," there has been a distinct tendency to avoid thinking of LHO as moving in right-wing circles.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Over the years, as I have submitted FOIA requests to various agencies, I have always tried to include death records on persons connected to the organizations who were the subjects of my requests so that any documents released by the FBI would contain less redactions than otherwise would be the case.

It occurred to me as I was reading Dr. Caufield's book, that there may be readers here who plan to pursue their own research into the people, organizations, and events discussed by Caufield. With that in mind, I copy below one of the "death records lists" which I use when I submit certain types of requests. This one was primarily for requests on the Constitution Party of the U.S. Hope it helps someone with their own research! [The use of "RIDS Dead List" on certain names was merely to alert the FBI that they already had proof-of-death on some people because their names appears on the FBI's own internal list of deceased individuals which is called "RIDS Dead List".]

DECEASED PERSON NAME

SSN

BIRTHDATE

DEATH

G. Seals Aiken

253-36-0451

08-08-1898

12-76

Thomas Jefferson Anderson

409-10-4628

11-07-10

08-30-02

T. Coleman Andrews Sr., aka Thomas Coleman Andrews Sr.

578-48-1899

10-15-83

George Washington Armstrong Jr.

04-27-00

01-03-65

Bertha D. Bailey

526-50-7160

01-04-1888

07-15-67

Catherine Palfray Baldwin

091-40-3260

11-08-1881

03-68

Ross Robert Barnett (former Governor MS)

425-82-3369

01-22-1898

11-06-87

John U. Barr Sr.

434-36-9519

01-27-1889

06-06-64

Carlton Evans Beal

574-03-1436

09-13-14

08-23-94

Ted Billings aka Theodore Billings

299-07-8286

05-06-06

05-77

Harry W. Binegar

302-03-4552

06-02-01

02-88

Arthur G. Blazey (Dr.)

309-48-3432

01-27-08

02-18-95

Marian Mae Blazey aka Marian Mae Burkett

aka Mrs. Arthur Blazey

309-48-1584

04-26-10

10-19-92

Edgar Eugene Bradley

550-26-1051

08-23-18

07-28-04

Jerry Milton Brooks (FBI #845-657-A)

487-32-6333

01-13-30

12-25-05

Jack William Brown aka William Brown

(Dixie Klans Imperial Wizard)

413-36-5575

05-04-09

10-04-65

Richard Girnt Butler (RIDS Dead List)

568-03-6017

02-23-18

09-08-04

Herbert Wallace Butterworth aka Wally Butterworth

082-03-0984

10-25-01

02-24-74

Olga Butterworth

163-01-8487

11-30-1895

02-79

Mary Dawson Cain

08-17-04

05-06-84

Everett John Claycamp

308-40-7884

04-26-12

10-12-01

Upton Close aka Josef Washington Hall

02-27-1894

11-13-60

Alvin A. Cobb

435-28-4641

04-22-02

02-84

Richard Berkeley Cotten (RIDS Dead List)

556-05-4807

09-18-19

06-18-98

Kent Howard Courtney (RIDS Dead List)

539-09-1329

10-23-18

08-12-97

Phoebe Greene Courtney (RIDS Dead List)

433-02-8190

03-13-18

09-14-98

Lucille Cardin Crain

061-01-3820

08-28-01

02-83

Merritt Barton Curtis (Brig. General, USMC)

579-34-6132

08-31-1892

05-16-66

Curtis Bean Dall

083-18-2391

10-24-1896

06-28-91

Mary McPhilomy Davison

072-10-6449

03-02-1896

06-13-78

James Parker Dees (Rev.)

237-16-6665

12-20-15

12-25-90

Pedro Augusto Del Valle aka P.A. Del Valle

094-24-8109

08-28-1893

04-28-78

Robert Bolivar DePugh

499-18-3700

04-15-23

06-30-09

Stanley L. Drennan (M.D.)

07-15-16

09-04-08

James Oliver Eastland (U.S. Senator, MS)

428-74-0194

11-28-04

02-19-86

Bertram Ellis aka Bert Ellis

141-07-0069

12-19-15

05-08-96

Philip Lee Eubank

465-03-9728

09-15-1890

12-71

Medford Bryan Evans

415-34-3355

08-21-07

02-04-89

Harry T. Everingham

321-18-4076

08-14-08

05-01-05

Myron Coureval Fagan

063-16-9694

10-31-1886

05-12-72

Halliburton Fales

087-32-5712

04-02-1885

05-70

Bonner Frank Fellers (Brig. General, US Army)

579-38-6958

02-07-1896

10-07-73

Edward W. Focke

274-14-2108

05-08-1882

02-66

George T. Foster

332-32-8621

11-06-1894

10-28-88

William Potter Gale (RIDS Dead List)

569-18-2561

11-20-16

04-28-88

Kenneth Goff aka Oliver Kenneth Goff aka “John Keats

09-19-14

04-11-72

Percy L. Greaves

131-10-4163

08-24-06

08-13-14

Louise Gronnert aka Marian Lou Gronnert

540-09-4419

04-01-04

03-23-82

Millard Dee Grubbs

403-14-0203

08-07-1886

07-17-72

James Evetts Haley aka J. Evetts Haley

462-90-3960

07-25-01

10-09-95

Loran Eugene Hall aka Lorenzo Hall

515-20-3802

01-04-30

04-17-95

Billy James Hargis

455-20-3977

08-23-25

11-27-04

Merwin Kimball Hart

064-07-0484

06-25-1881

11-30-62

Augereau J. Heinsohn Jr. aka A.G. Heinsohn Jr.

411-05-5589

04-02-1896

07-31-80

Jack M. Helm (KKK leader)

02-07-10

W.D. Herrstrom aka William Dewey Herrstrom

468-36-8430

06-20-1898

08-02-90

Alexander F. Hudgins

224-01-2611

04-22-06

05-11-90

Hal Hunt aka Harold Wheeler Hunt

540-20-1123

05-111892

02-08-88

H.L. Hunt aka Haroldson Lafayette Hunt

02-17-1889

11-29-74

Emmett Lee Irwin Jr.

01-03-1893

10-08-65

Joseph Peter Kamp

262-89-1848

05-03-00

06-07-93

Vivian Kellems

113-09-8118

06-07-1896

01-25-75

Jack Kershaw

10-12-19

09-07-10

J. Bracken Lee aka Joseph Bracken Lee

529-10-8030

01-07-1899

10-20-96

Norman F. Liermann

387-20-9430

12-13-05

04-30-82

Joseph Benton Lightburn

235-34-5546

08-29-1899

12-03-80

Bertha B. Lininger (Dr.)

551-80-8117

03-10-1889

09-15-70

Bard A. Logan

304-09-1722

04-04-12

02-16-78

John Russell Maguire aka J. Russell Maguire

aka Russell Maguire

093-10-9884

07-27-1897

11-10-66

W. Henry McFarland Jr. aka William Henry McFarland Jr.

(RIDS Dead List)

172-22-4359

05-09-21

01-15-96

Lucille S. Miller

009-56-4858

06-13-10

02-77

Joseph Adams Milteer

261-32-0646

02-26-02

02-23-74

Harold Montgomery (Senator, Louisiana State Senate)

437-48-9596

04-19-11

12-17-98

Richard Bartholomew Moran (Brig. General, US Army)

466-58-5495

11-26-1895

02-13-72

Robert John Morris

051-14-3181

09-30-14

12-29-96

Eustace Clarence Mullins Jr.

223-18-8681

03-29-23

02-20-10

Revilo Pendleton Oliver

358-42-3679

07-07-08

08-10-94

Leander Henry Perez Sr.

07-16-1891

03-19-69

Harold P. Poeschel

135-07-5761

11-20-11

04-06-89

Stanley Pospisil

267-24-1028

06-25-1892

03-16-71

Oren Fenton Potito (RIDS Dead List)

024-24-9686

06-07-31

05-02-95

Kirk Edward Ragland

567-48-1498

06-26-37

06-11-97

William Monroe Rainach aka Willie M. Rainach

434-18-8881

07-31-13

01-26-78

Francis Xavier Ranuzzi aka Francis X. Renault

aka Frank X. Ranuzzi

579-10-6646

02-17-18

08-17-96

Franz L. Ralston

159-07-5119

10-30-02

02-84

John Richard Rarick (U.S. Congressman)

312-18-6242

01-29-24

09-14-09

Jackson George Ricau

438-05-7199

02-04-18

02-10-01

H.S. Riecke Jr. aka Henry S. Riecke Jr.

436-03-7882

01-17-08

03-84

Archibald Edward Roberts aka Arch Roberts

237-05-9922

03-21-15

07-28-06

Delphine Points Roberts

436-13-1699

02-25-05

02-76

George Washington Robnett

321-18-6766

12-30-1886

01-70

George Lincoln Rockwell (RIDS Dead List)

039-09-5458

03-19-18

08-25-67

Robert Marvin Shelton (RIDS Dead List)

424-34-0016

06-12-29

03-17-03

William James Simmons (RIDS Dead List)

428-03-9371

07-17-16

11-24-07

Dan Smoot aka Howard Drummond Smoot

452-03-3106

10-05-13

07-24-03

Willie Augustus Somersett aka William Somersett

241-26-3190

03-27-02

05-07-70

George Soule

11-24-1896

03-18-83

Suzanne Silvercruys Stevenson

03-31-73

Willis Emerson Stone

07-20-1899

03-02-89

J.B. Stoner aka Jesse Benjamin Stoner Jr.

(RIDS Dead List)

414-24-1727

04-13-24

04-23-05

Mary Surrey (Mrs. Robert Surrey)

261-36-7329

10-21-17

01-79

Robert Alan Surrey aka Bob Surrey

327-20-7488

10-08-25

06-08-87

Wesley Albert Swift (Rev.)

551-12-8781

09-06-13

10-08-70

Jack Breckenridge Tenney

568-14-8910

04-01-1898

11-04-70

Strom Thurmond aka James Strom Thurmond (U.S. Senator, SC)

250-64-5145

12-05-02

06-26-03

Ned Oneal Touchstone

434-30-4346

09-27-26

07-88

Lyrl Clark Van Hyning

585-06-2058

07-23-1892

06-16-73

James Reagan Venable

259-60-6012

01-15-05

01-18-93

Edwin Anderson Walker (Maj. Gen. US Army)

460-64-3005

11-10-09

10-31-93

George Corley Wallace (former Governor AL)

456-36-7390

08-25-19

09-13-98

Clyde J. Watts

443-40-5169

12-30-07

11-75

James A. Weis

286-18-4620

07-30-1890

07-08-74

Robert H.W. Welch Jr.

023-07-1169

12-01-1899

01-06-85

Thomas Harold Werdel (U.S. Congressman, CA)

571-16-0850

09-13-05

09-30-66

G.I. Whitmer aka Gilbert I. Whitmer

214-16-6677

12-17-1898

11-86

John Bell Williams (U.S. Congressman)

427-92-2218

12-04-18

03-25-83

Charles Andrew Willoughby (Brig. General)

074-30-1995

03-08-1892

10-25-72

Peter Laurentious Xavier

099-22-8088

11-12-01

08-17-81

Allen Alderson Zoll aka A. Alderson Zoll

569-38-5285

10-21-1895

08-69

CONSTITUTION PARTY-RELATED DEATH RECORDS below consist of obituaries, OR cemetery grave information, OR data from Social Security Death Index Master File from websites:

http://www.mocavo.com/Social-Security-Death-Index/246389 AND http://sortedbyname.com/

Edgar Eugene Bradley

http://www.mocavo.com/Edgar-Bradley-1918-2004-Social-Security-Death-Index/07168057907021328250

Jerry Milton Brooks

BROOKS, JERRY was born 13 January 1930, received Social Security number 487-32-6333 (indicating Missouri) and, Death Master File says, died 25 December 2005

Kent Howard Courtney aka Kent Harbinson Courtney

http://www.ancientfaces.com/person/kent-h-courtney/83148435

OBIT on Stanley L. Drennan

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=40986831

Billy James Hargis

http://www.economist.com/node/3499528

Loran Eugene Hall

http://death-records.mooseroots.com/l/165693848/Loran-E-Hall

Eustace Clarence Mullins Jr.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=47591350

Kirk Edward Ragland

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=8899264

John Richard Rarick (former U.S. Congressman, Louisiana)

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theadvocate/obituary.aspx?pid=132918357

Francis X. Ranuzzi

http://www.ancientfaces.com/person/francis-x-ranuzzi/90824397

Jackson G. Ricau

http://www.mocavo.com/Jackson-Ricau-1918-2001-Social-Security-Death-Index/18049478027099644438

Robert Marvin Shelton

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/20/us/robert-shelton-73-leader-of-big-klan-faction.html

William James Simmons

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/clarionledger/obituary.aspx?n=william-james-simmons&pid=98633348

J.B. Stoner aka Jesse Benjamin Stoner Jr.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/04/27/AR2005042702099.html

Robert Alan Surrey aka Bob Surrey

http://www.mocavo.com/Bob-Surrey-1925-1987-Social-Security-Death-Index/04745737924568331552

Mary Surrey (Mrs. Robert Surrey)

SURREY, MARY was born 21 October 1917, received Social Security number 261-36-7329 (indicating Florida) and, Death Master File says, died January 1979

Returning again to the first chapter of Dr. Jeffrey Caufield's new book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: The Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy, I'd like to highlight page 48.

Caufield concludes this chapter by noting that at least eleven witnesses saw Lee Harvey Oswald (LHO) in the presence of Guy Banister. Other witnesses saw LHO in the presence of Banister's close associates, such as Sergio Arcacha Smith, David Ferrie, and Kent Courtney. One witness, a US Border Patrol agent with impeccable credentials, told the HSCA that he frequently saw LHO and David Ferrie coming and going from Guy Banister's office.

Yet it was Guy Banister's stand on Segregation that shone most prominently for Dr. Caufield, and he notes that this stand did not shine similarly for Jim Garrison. Caufield writes:

Neither Jim Garrison nor the HSCA, the only ones to investigate Guy Banister, made not of Banister's extensive and all-consuming career as a segregationist...Banister's role in Senator Eastland's Senate Committee that persecuted those who challenged the sacred Southern institution of segregation -- which faced extinction under the Kennedy administration -- was also somehow missed...It became an ingrained myth initiated by Jim Garrison -- and carried on in conspiracy books -- that Guy Banister's extensive files were related to CIA activities, when there is no evidence that they were. (Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy, p. 48)

Actually, claims Dr. Caufield, Guy Banister's active role in Southern states' inquisitions against Earl Warren's integration movement were the true substance of Banister files, which resembled those of the SSIS and the HUAC, targeting integrationists and liberals.

CT literature to date, suggests Caufield, has failed to highlight Banister's association with a large number of ultra-rightist and segregationist groups that passionately hated JFK.

The link between Guy Banister and LHO is the first key, suggests Caufield, to solving the JFK murder. Whether portraying LHO as a Communist or as a "Lone Nut," there has been a distinct tendency to avoid thinking of LHO as moving in right-wing circles.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

I note here that page 48 is the final page of Chapter One of Dr. Caufield's new book. We have summarized all of Chapter One at this point, so the floor is now open for comment and debate on its contents as presented here -- or other contents of Chapter One.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Due to others of record who were on the scene, we suspect Garrison was also influenced by certain “researchers” who gained favor with the DA.

They managed to sway ( distract) Garrison towards their own theories that mostly revolved around Government involvement, chiefly, the CIA. I won’t get into individual names but they are known to most.

In our opinion, the main factor for Garrison’s abrupt shift was fear and intimidation by the Right Wing extremists in Garrisons midst. I suspect he was strongly urged, if not threatened by some influential segregationists to cease pursuing that trail.

Keep in mind who became his $ponsors …!

Bill

Edited by William O'Neil

The left right dynamic goes a long way to explaining why.

An example is the early analysis of the rise of Nazism. East German or Marxist historians readily saw it as a result of Capitalist Crisis. West German historians shied away from that and focused more on individuals.

It is easier to blame 'the other'. One reason I've stated in the past that the conspiracy theorist is the conspirators best friend. To rise above all bias and to approach with no fear or favour inevitably lays one open for the charge of traitor and various other milder and severer forms of coercion. Obviously that sort of pressure is of no use if the truth is wanted. I've maintained for a long while that segregation is the key. I'm still a bit stunned that now this approach is being taken seriously. 10 years ago I found few, if any, willing to do so. Good, at last, I'm winding down my involvement. Too old and tired now.

The left right dynamic goes a long way to explaining why.

An example is the early analysis of the rise of Nazism. East German or Marxist historians readily saw it as a result of Capitalist Crisis. West German historians shied away from that and focused more on individuals.

It is easier to blame 'the other'. One reason I've stated in the past that the conspiracy theorist is the conspirators best friend. To rise above all bias and to approach with no fear or favour inevitably lays one open for the charge of traitor and various other milder and severer forms of coercion. Obviously that sort of pressure is of no use if the truth is wanted. I've maintained for a long while that segregation is the key. I'm still a bit stunned that now this approach is being taken seriously. 10 years ago I found few, if any, willing to do so. Good, at last, I'm winding down my involvement. Too old and tired now.

John, for the record, I've always admired your long, consistent and rational insistence that US Segregation was the motor force behind the JFK assassination. I can't think of anybody else on the Forum who has advocated this approach longer than you have.

It has been a half-century -- and finally the US Segregation theory of the JFK murder has a book of its own.

This is because the countless CIA-did-it theories were always too melodramatic and fiction-like, and so unsatisfactory. All other theories were even more so.

I'm glad you can finally breathe a sigh of relief that your long-held theory is finally getting the discussion it merits. IMHO this will be the final and universally satisfactory theory of the JFK conspiracy -- simply because it's true.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Due to others of record who were on the scene, we suspect Garrison was also influenced by certain “researchers” who gained favor with the DA.

They managed to sway ( distract) Garrison towards their own theories that mostly revolved around Government involvement, chiefly, the CIA. I won’t get into individual names but they are known to most.

In our opinion, the main factor for Garrison’s abrupt shift was fear and intimidation by the Right Wing extremists in Garrisons midst. I suspect he was strongly urged, if not threatened by some influential segregationists to cease pursuing that trail.

Keep in mind who became his $ponsors …!

Bill

Bill, did you want to add further remarks about this with regard to Chapter One of Dr. Caufield's new book -- or is this a preview of material we are going to encounter as we proceed deeper into the book?

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Paul, Actually it's a general observation that has to do with the nature of the Garrison "probe". It's sudden turn away from the 'Racist Right' (or "Nazi's" as Garrison once described them)

to the "intelligence agencies" was noticeably acute. It's a theory, but I believe from our research that it's an accurate take.

I saw a video once where Garrison says (and I'm paraphrasing here) 'When you talk about the NSRP and the Citizens Councils... what you're really talking about is the CIA!... that's whats behind them.

Somewhere I have this video, but I cannot locate it. My point is that it displays his shift away from the radical segregationists, to the intelligence agencies such as CIA. You may say that Garrison merely came up empty handed in that regard, and moved onto another theory, but his own documents show he had good enough leads not to suddenly abandon it. (IMO)

Bill