The Education Forum

Article: Jackie Kennedy believed LBJ killed JFK

Jackie Kennedy believed Lyndon Johnson killed JFK

By Richard Cameron, Communities Digital News

October 17, 2014

http://www.commdiginews.com/news-2/jacqueline-kennedys-jfk-assassination-theory-28064/#SGbYdKCtVMBcDz8r.99

This article has flaws but is nevertheless being posted here because it is being circulated on Facebook.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

This whole episode- where leaks to the press intimated that there were some bombshell quotes from Jackie accusing LBJ of complicity in the assassination- is very strange. Recall that Caroline Kennedy was behind the release of these tapes, in a very surprising, uncharacteristic move, far ahead of schedule (Jackie had ordered that they remain private until 50 years after her death). Unlike her brother, Caroline has always seemed to blanch at the very subject of her father's assassination.

These references to Jackie pointing the finger at LBJ were subsequently dropped, and ultimately the recordings aired on television contained nothing of the kind. To my knowledge, no one ever explained how these detailed initial leaks could have been based upon explosive comments that never existed. Perhaps ABC was unwilling to repeat the mistake of the History Channel and the "Guilty Men" episode of Nigel Turner's The Men Who Killed the President series.

I found it impossible to believe at the time that any American television network would air such comments, if they existed. I still strongly suspect that there must have been something in those tapes, and that they were suppressed. Do we know if the unedited tapes can be accessed by the public?

Paul T - what is your reaction to this article, especially Ruby's comments in their entirety? Have your read 'Brothers', in which Talbot outlines RFK's private investigation into his brother's murder? Do you think E. Howard Hunt's deathbed confession should be taken as all true, all untrue, or partly true?

I have no doubt that the Kennedy family, Jackie, Bobby, knew who done it, but had no choice but to close ranks, and no chance later on to blow the whistle. I hope this news story turns out to be true.

Note for Don Jeffries - would you remind me briefly what mistakes the Guilty Men episode made? It's been a while since I have seen it.

Paul,

"The Guilty Men" episode directly pointed the finger at LBJ. Powerful forces protested and quickly got the episode banned from further airplay. Coincidentally or not, the oft-aired "The Men Who Killed the President" series was not shown on the History Channel after this controversy arose, to my knowledge.

Yes I have seen it. The witnesses are all believable. I wonder if Douglas Caddy would post here as to whether he found Billy Sol Estes believable on the culpability of LBJ in the murder of JFK.