The Education Forum

JFK assassination film hoax: The blood mistake is Costella's!

I believe there are some descriptions of alteration to the Z-film that are misguided, but also some discrepancies, apparent edits, and other evidence that cannot be ignored, and which seriously devalue the Z-film for some scientific examinations conducted through simple viewing. If anybody demands it, I'll extend my neck and post the latter.

What I want to question here is possible use of a period film alteration technique - rotoscopy. With rotoscope technique and equipment, Alfred Hitchcock, for example, was able in "The Birds" (1963) to insert flaming buildings and gas pumps into an overhead shot of a small town, and then add a second set of mattes showing individual birds flying at foreground between the aerial camera and the composited town and fire scene below.

[...]

It would be great to have a small panel of 1960s cinematographers experienced in rotoscopy and other alteration technique examine the Z-film. Where's the guy that shot the Greeks fighting Ray Harryhausen's famous skeleton army in "Jason and the Argonauts" (also 1963) when you need him?

Hi David,

If you do a forum search you will see there are many thread about the supposed alteration of the Z-film. The question is not whether or not such alterations were technically feasible in 1963 but whether or not they could have done in a way that was not detectable even decades later.

Rolad Zavada the inventor of Kodakchrome II (the type of film Zapruder used) examined the original film and said no.

Dr. Raymond Fielding who literally "wrote the book" on 'Special Effect Cinemaphotograghy' said no.

Robert Groden who was the HSCA photo consultant examined the original and said he saw no signs of alteration

Oliver Stone says said no

The director of a movie called 'The Commision' (about the Warren Commision) said no.

The closest thing the alterationist have to an expert is Healy who is a videographer. Who refuses to produce any sample of any FILM compositing he has done. When pressed for evidence such alterations could have been made undetectably at the time he used to cite Fielding's book.

As to the blood splatter issue take a look at the forum I linked above Costella's inability to rebut Sherry or me is telling. Despite having a PhD in the subject he made blunder that anyone who remembers high schools physics should not have made.

I anyone is interested Fetzer, Tink, Craig, Costella and others go over "Moorman in the Street" for the upteenth time on the linked Yahoo group, interestingly Costella agrees that Jack and Fetzer etc are and were wrong.

Mark as per your post above

No one forced you to look at this thread. There are several threads/topics other than Z-film alteration that are primarily discussions of between 2 – 4 members. I find several of those topics and even ones that draw more participants boring but rather than berate the people who post on them I skip them.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Raymond Fielding who literally "wrote the book" on 'Special Effect Cinemaphotograghy' said no.

Robert Groden who was the HSCA photo consultant examined the original and said he saw no signs of alteration

The director of a movie called 'The Commision' (about the Warren Commision) said no.

Hi, Len. The most reliable parts of the alteration examinations I've read crystalized concerns that I've had for years about the sizing of the unbroken "sea of green" behind the Kennedys during the headshot frames; about discrepancies in crowd placement between the Z-film and DP still photos (some of which are discrepant from each other), and about the timing of the limo acceleration. Add in the blob and the blood spray and I have no question that the Z-film is altered. The best explanations have not yet been advanced, but other people are seeing what I'm seeing and working toward explaining it, which I see as a valuable research path.

Sometimes one has to work out in a lot of excess prose the question one really wants, and this is it:

The apparent skull fragment that flies up from the front of Kennedy's head seems too large to be part of the recorded damage there. I would ask researchers, Could the frontal blood-bone spray we see in Z be an isolated image of a now obscured right rear blowout, flopped and rotoscoped into a composited image of the limo and a blank green background of the DP lawn?

Edited by David Andrews

• 2 years later...
I believe there are some descriptions of alteration to the Z-film that are misguided, but also some discrepancies, apparent edits, and other evidence that cannot be ignored, and which seriously devalue the Z-film for some scientific examinations conducted through simple viewing. If anybody demands it, I'll extend my neck and post the latter.

What I want to question here is possible use of a period film alteration technique - rotoscopy. With rotoscope technique and equipment, Alfred Hitchcock, for example, was able in "The Birds" (1963) to insert flaming buildings and gas pumps into an overhead shot of a small town, and then add a second set of mattes showing individual birds flying at foreground between the aerial camera and the composited town and fire scene below.

[...]

It would be great to have a small panel of 1960s cinematographers experienced in rotoscopy and other alteration technique examine the Z-film. Where's the guy that shot the Greeks fighting Ray Harryhausen's famous skeleton army in "Jason and the Argonauts" (also 1963) when you need him?

Hi David,

If you do a forum search you will see there are many thread about the supposed alteration of the Z-film. The question is not whether or not such alterations were technically feasible in 1963 but whether or not they could have done in a way that was not detectable even decades later.

Rolad Zavada the inventor of Kodakchrome II (the type of film Zapruder used) examined the original film and said no.

The closest thing the alterationist have to an expert is Healy who is a videographer. Who refuses to produce any sample of any FILM compositing he has done. When pressed for evidence such alterations could have been made undetectably at the time he used to cite Fielding's book.

As to the blood splatter issue take a look at the forum I linked above Costella's inability to rebut Sherry or me is telling. Despite having a PhD in the subject he made blunder that anyone who remembers high schools physics should not have made.

I anyone is interested Fetzer, Tink, Craig, Costella and others go over "Moorman in the Street" for the upteenth time on the linked Yahoo group, interestingly Costella agrees that Jack and Fetzer etc are and were wrong.

Mark as per your post above

No one forced you to look at this thread. There are several threads/topics other than Z-film alteration that are primarily discussions of between 2 – 4 members. I find several of those topics and even ones that draw more participants boring but rather than berate the people who post on them I skip them.

my goodness Len you have taken a mighty big bite of the apple haven't you.... put Mr, Zavada and Ray Fielding in a room with me for 2 hours they'll become believers.... especially now that KODAK is damn near KAPUT-ski.... so how can you defend Roland Zavada so these day's, wasn't he the one who told you to get lost a few years back? You, a nobody, with no knowledge in the image-compositing field and a self admitted, I know nothing about film type, showing up here out of the blue trying to represent Roland.... lmfao... actually, I felt sorry for you and embarrassed to boot!

Sorry I missed your above post... what ever happened to Ray Fielding anyway.... he hasn't returned a call lately, however, I'm still on Rollies mailing list, you?

Carry on!