The Education Forum

A.J. Weberman's Coup D'etat in America Database

I seem to recall that Hemming would make up stuff to tell Weberman, such as E. Howard Hunt escaping from the TSBD by a rope in the elevator shaft.

:-) - If that weren't so frustrating as a serious truth seeker, that'd be hilarious. hell, it's still hilarious.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My inclination is to dismiss Weberman and Hemming, other than, as David suggests, a starting point for some angle or other. I never throw the baby out with the bathwater, but it is wise to label bathwater what it is when you see it.

I seem to recall that Hemming would make up stuff to tell Weberman, such as E. Howard Hunt escaping from the TSBD by a rope in the elevator shaft.

Much of what is contained in the nodules as "quotes from Hemming" lack the nuances of the spoken word (as opposed to the written word). Hemming was a very sardonic character. He used sarcasm like an exacto-knife; a means by which to cut the fat from the bone or to point out the naivety of the inquisitor.

Weberman makes the mistake (intentionally or otherwise) of writing a lot of what Hemming said in conversations with him as if it was prose--without deeper meaning.

See below:

"Weberman did the same thing as the CIA!"

[WARNING: Strong Language]

Edited by Greg Burnham

I too think David makes a good point. Weberman undoubtedly has researched the case extensively and in doing so uncovered some interesting connections that are worth looking into. I just have concerns about how discerning he was (is). But, hey, at least he has the good sense to recognize Judyth Vary Baker is a fraud.

i don't know enough about JVB to have an opinion on her - to be sure, the "LHO was FBI undercover to expose the assassination plotters" sounds pretty far-fetched - and she stated someone verified this in 2014...? so then last night I saw some of McBride's interview on BO Radio where he said the same thing, and he surely seems to be legit; 30 years researching JFK AND Tippit...

hmmm...

The funny thing is, when and if one of the "Great Theories" comes to fruition, that's also going to settle the score on who all's been lying the whole time, too. Right? That's going to be an awful lot of fun discovering all the frauds.

just sayin'. :)

The Oswald as an FBI undercover informant has been going around since 1964.

Her whole story is like a greatest hits of Oswald/assassination conspiracy theories in which she places herself right in the middle of the web that she wove.

Edited by Brian Schmidt

she doesn't look stable, anyway.

any opinion on Joseph McBride and his Tippit study?

The Tippit incident - the whole Oak Cliff set of events - is to me one of the most fascinating parts of this thing.

The idea that Tippit might have been "involved" - wow... that kinda wants to make sense, really.

Glenn - I explored the possibility that Tippit was 'Badgeman'. McBride did a great job on this subject but stopped short on this. The interesting thing was looking at Tippit's movements after the assassination. The gas station where he was spotted (reliably) was only a few miles from Dealey plaza. He was waiting by a freeway exit there and then took off like a bat out of hell. He was a sharpshooter for sure as McBride proves, and most likely a far right winger. Also not too bright and possibly suffering from PTSD. If he was a shooter, it would certainly create a good reason to kill him.

the distinct possibility of this is what's so intriguing. it just seems so plausible.

wow.

i am eager to read McBride soon. after several others...

I don't think Oswald was an FBI informant, but it's possible, depending on how broadly one defines informant.

I agree with Joseph McBride that Tippit was hunting for Oswald before he was shot.

I have always thought it was Tippit's job to kill LHO so that there would be no arrest and no opportunity to have the Patsy declare himself as such and have him ask for and be denied counsel, only to be killed on national tv. THAT was the turning point for many. When Tippit was unsuccessful, he was killed and the wallet planted linking the Patsy to that murder. So Tippit became very useful after all. This was just my speculation as until recently there was very little research into Tippit's murder.

a most intriguing part of this case is the whole thing around JD Tippit. as more data is revealed about all that, the more mysterious, and potentially revealing, it becomes. way cool.

Dawn - agree with you for many years, maybe still. But McBride got me thinking about the possibility that Tippit might have been more than that. He was certainly frantic in his movements from about 12:45 pm until his death shortly after 1pm.

Glenn - in addition to his proximity to Dealey Plaza after the killing, the alibi for his whereabouts in the half hour before is very weak. There is no evidence that the story of his taking a shoplifter into custody is true, and to me it reads more like a deliberately planted story to mislead researchers into questioning whether Tippit might have been in uniform behind the picket fence. We owe McBride a debt of gratitude whether he agrees with this or not. He is also the intrepid researcher that dug up the very important Hoover memo to 'George Bush of the CIA.

I didn't know that about the memo - we certainly do owe him - the memo's authenticity has of course been questioned; is it surely legitimate?

it seems there's still a lot of room to learn more about Tippit, from what I've read.