The Education Forum

Ramon F. Herrera

I was born in Venezuela, emigrated to the US in the 1980s. I have engineering degrees in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering. The Latin American angle of the 50-70s have always interested me. In my family (Catholic, of course) the Kennedys reached the highest levels of admiration. I like to think of myself as a pioneer of the Internet, since I was fortunate enough to be at MIT when the network was being created. Worked with Bolt, Beranek & Newman (BBN) who were the first Internet Provider and did the analysis of the Dictabelt audio.

I have been a participant in the first newsgroup, alt.conspiracy.jfk for almost as long as it exist, but lately I spend my time in JFK Facts, where I have done translations and audio work.

I spent many years in Cambridge, Massachusetts and relocated to Houston, Texas, a few years, ago. Have visited Dealey Plaza several times. The book that I have been recommending lately is "The Last Investigation" by Gaeton Fonzi, one of my personal heroes.

The day job that I do is software engineer, completely unrelated to any of the above.

I am currently working on a web site that will combine 2 of my passions the JFK Assassination and science (Physics of the violent backsnap, audio, etc.)