The Education Forum

Oswald Leaving TSBD?

Guest Mark Valenti

One puzzling aspect is the way the object is so much lighter in shade than everything else. It can't be that the lens is reflecting ambient light because the film cameramen are in motion and a reflected patch of light would shift as the motion continued (that's a guess, I'm no scientist).

The face of cameras are metallic, brushed metal, glass, and irregular black and silver patches. This object seems to be wholly illuminated, as if it were all of a singular piece.

The motion he makes looks exactly like someone taking a photo, but the light reflection is a question.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way back on this thread I suggested the possibility that the bright light we were seeing in PM's hands was just that - a light. My suggestion was that if PM was Oswald, and Oswald was doing what I hypothesized, establishing an alibi for himself on a continuous strip of film, that he would need to light his own face and others that were standing with him in the shade.

I suggest a movie camera, and many of the models made in that era had brackets where a continuous light source could be mounted. A still camera would merely need a flash, but if the bright spot we think we see is a light, it is not a flash, but continuous.

And I agree with Greg and Terry, "We probably need to stop speculating and concentrate on getting the clearest rendition of it we can."

Edited by Tom Hume

It seems to me that this person may have a watch/bracelet on his right wrist (suggesting a left-handed person) while Oswald wore his on the left....

So close yet just far enough not to know...

Prayer%20man-Recovered_zpshsa8cbm9.jpg

prayerman-closeup_zpszc4di26u.gif

It seems to me that this person may have a watch/bracelet on his right wrist (suggesting a left-handed person) while Oswald wore his on the left....

So close yet just far enough not to know...

Prayer%20man-Recovered_zpshsa8cbm9.jpg

prayerman-closeup_zpszc4di26u.gif

Was a wrist watch ever listed in Oswald's possessions?

Great idea Mr Parker. We're waiting in anticipation....

Sorry Vanessa... it was penned in to do yesterday, but got side-tracked with other stuff... (catching up on GST reporting - very exciting stuff).

My best guess would be one that would fit in his pocket...

Great idea Mr Parker. We're waiting in anticipation....

Sorry Vanessa... it was penned in to do yesterday, but got side-tracked with other stuff... (catching up on GST reporting - very exciting stuff).

My best guess would be one that would fit in his pocket...

No probs Walter. :)

I also think something pocket-sized makes sense.

PS FWIW I think he was actually taking a picture of Weigman and the others sitting up on the journos car. Weigman seems to focus right on PM just as PM is focussing right on Weigman as he takes the picture.

And why does Weigman's camera swing back after panning past PM? Is it because he's seen the flash of the camera or whatever it is that looks illuminated in PM's hands?

I can't see any other activity that might have attracted Weigman's attention at that precise moment. Does anyone else see anything?

Thanks for that explanation of Weigman, Randy.

How about this interpretation then? Weigman hears the first shot and at the same time sees the flash of whatever it is that PM is holding in his hands. That's why he pans back.

I'm not saying Weigman thought the shot came from PM but something has attracted his attention and causes him to pan back. He's not panicked and running at this time - he's still just filming the crowd but goes back for a looksee for just a few split seconds.

Just enough time to view PM again. And I think it's because of that bright object PM is holding. What else stands out in those frames?

How about this interpretation then? Weigman hears the first shot and at the same time sees the flash of whatever it is that PM is holding in his hands. That's why he pans back.

I'm not saying Weigman thought the shot came from PM but something has attracted his attention and causes him to pan back. He's not panicked and running at this time - he's still just filming the crowd but goes back for a looksee for just a few split seconds.

Just enough time to view PM again. And I think it's because of that bright object PM is holding. What else stands out in those frames?

Is it just a coincidence that the two SS agents, seen riding on the right side of the follow up car in the Altgens 6 photo, are also looking intently at the steps of the TSBD?

Life-Altgens.jpg

Is it just a coincidence that the two SS agents, seen riding on the right side of the follow up car in the Altgens 6 photo, are also looking intently at the steps of the TSBD?

Life-Altgens.jpg

Hmm. Interesting observation.

You bet. Outside of Chaney on the motorcycle, these two SS agents seem to be the only people outside of the limo showing any kind of reaction.

Looking back at the GIFs in post #1903, there's a guy standing in the front row of the crowd on the left (as you view) who has also turned right round to look behind him in the direction of the TSBD entrance...