The Education Forum

Valkyrie at Dealey Plaza

Valkarie at Dealy Plaza and the Smoking JCS J3 Records

The new movie Valkyrie takes its name from the code word for the Nazi general's plot to assassinate Hitler, which resulted in the July 20, 1944 bombing at the Wolf's Lair bunker.

After interviewing Volkmar Schmidt, who met and talked with the accused assassin of President Kennedy about assassinating Hitler and General Walker shortly before he purchased the weapons, I began to research the details of the plot against Hitler and was struck by the similarities between the botched 1944 plot and the Kennedy assassination.

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2008/01...-interview.html

I wrote an article about how four of those individuals directly involved in the plot to kill Hitler were also entwined with the events at Dealey Plaza.

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2008/11...aley-plaza.html

Besides a number of characters being involved in both plots, I noticed that one key attribute of the Valkarie operation was adapted at Dealey Plaza - getting the targeted victim to approve the operation that lead directly to his death, a vital aspect of the operation that takes it from a murder to a coup.

In Phil Villarreal's review of the movie Valkarie, he notes, "There is a certain satisfaction in watching the plot come together. Amazingly it was actually Hitler who signed off on his own potential death warrant by authorizing changes in a contingency plan that set reserve troops into action to suppress a government takeover. Von Stauffenberg and his confederates wanted to use the troops to stifle the SS after Hitler's death."

In the assassination of President Kennedy we find that covert anti-Castro Cuban operations, approved by JFK, and intentionally exposed to RFK, were utilized in the assassination of President Kennedy, thus blackballing RFK from retaliation after the death of JFK.

Looking closely at the specific CIA authorized attacks against Castro that were connected directly to what happened at Dealey Plaza I came up with the June, 1963 Bayo-Pawly raid and the Halloween night attack by the raider mother ship Rex. [see: JFK Assassinaiton - The Administrative Details ] http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5762

On April Fool's Day, April 1, 1963, those responsible for covert operations against Cuba, the Cuban Coordinating Committee, suggested a number of specific plans to be directed against Castro, some of which were later approved by the President. Some of these specific operations approved by the President, which involved maritime attacks against Cuba from Florida (Bayo/Pawley-Operation Red Cross/the Rex), included agents and operatives who later became entwined in the events of that took place in Dallas.

Lamar Waldron argues that the Mafia dons redirected the plan for a coup in Cuba to kill JFK, while Gus Russo contends that Oswald acted on behalf of Cubans who retaliated in response to the JFK/RFK plots to kill Castro.

While I noticed the similarities between the Valkarie and Dealey Plaza and wrote about them, Gus Russo provides the proof of the plot and shows us where to find it.

Gus Russo (in The Nation and Brothers In Arms) lays out the story of the (March 1962) Hemingway plot against Castro, and quotes a number of former CIA officers who claim both JFK and RFK approved operations to kill Castro, every one of them on the CCC and in the room in April 1963 when the specific covert ops against Castro were approved – Califano, Haig, Halpern et al. http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10701

Knowing there was something going on between Valkarie and Dealey Plaza, I was still taken aback when I read the following passage in Gus Russo's new book Brothers In Arms. (p. 294)

"...But the (Cubala/AM/LASH) plot hurtled forward in hopes of success before the 1964 elections in the U.S. Joseph Califano, of the Pentagon's Cuban Coordinating Committee, was being pressed by Des FitzGerald for all the Defense Department intel he could get on the key Cuban military officers, scoping for a 'mole' within the regime. 52 FitzGerald was about to brief the Joint Chiefs and, although Califano was excluded from the meeting on September 25, Des and the Agency were, according to memos later released, studying how German generals had plotted to kill Hitler, in order to develop a way to organize high-ranking Cuban officers to kill Castro. 53.

Indeed!, not only were there common characters and similar attributes between the Valkarie plot and what happened at Dealey Plaza, the very office (Cuban Coordinating Committee CCC-OSACSA) I had previously identified were actively "studying how German generals had plotted to kill Hitler."

Russo's notes tell us the proof that they utilized the German general's plans against Hiter can be found in a Joint Chiefs of Staff document J3 #29 (with the Record Identification File (RIF# ) 202-10001-10028), which Rex Bradford over at the Mary Ferrell Archives has conviently posted on line. (Thanks Rex).

It is dated September 25, 1963, the day the accused assassin left New Orleans for Mexico City, and there's a lot more interesting names and items in this memo than just the fact that they were studying the Valkarie plot to use against Castro.

Russo Notes:

#52. Califano. p. 124.

#53. Califano citing: JCS Memo for the Record, Walter Higgins, "Brifing by Mr. Desmond FitzGerald on CIA Cuban Operations and Planning," JFK Collection, JCS Papers, J-3, #29, 202-10001-10028, NARA.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=5

OFFICE OF THE SPECIAL ASSISTANT FOR

COUNTERINSURGENCY AND SPECIAL ACTIVITY

25 September 1963

MEMORANDUM FOR THE RECORD

Subject: Briefing by Mr. Desmond FitzGerald on

CIA Cuban Operations and Planning

• 1. At the JCS meeting at 1400 on 25 September, Mr. Desmond FitzGerald briefed the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
  • 2. Except for General Taylor and Admiral McDonald, the Joint Chiefs were present, as were the Directors and Secretariat. Colonel Higgins from SACSA was the only other officer in attendance.
  • 3. General LeMay opened the meeting by referring to papers recently discussed by the Joint Chiefs on policy and actions concerning military support of the CIA for operations against Cuba. General LeMay expressed the JCS position as had been reflected in the memoranda to Mr. Vance which in effect is that the Joint Chiefs do not believe that the operations to date are of a size and importance enough to justify the use of military support for protection.
  • 4. Mr. FitzGerald then discussed his personal feelings as to changed conditions in Cuba. Essentially, he believes that Castro's hold in Cuba has been seriously weakened since last July. He believes that the minor raids conducted by the CIA have contributed to this deterioration in Castro's influence and stability. He is firmly convinced that Castro will fall at some future, not too distant, date, and that such actions as the CIA are conducting, as well as those of exiles, are contributing to unrest and unsettlement.
  • 5. Mr. FitzGerald, in commenting upon criteria as to when the military support should be provided, offered the following. The greatest danger from his point of view is that the mother ships may be captured rather than be sunk. This will result in the capture of crewmen who have too much information and which could result in dangerous publicity for the United States. The location of these raids contributes to the possibility of capture. Hence, only when the raids are conducted in the more vulnerable areas from that point of view, is it likely that the CIA will request military support. He further stated that CIA has no intention of requesting aid for the coming raid.
  • 6. General LeMay questioned the danger of capture in view of the capabilities of Cubans and ridiculed the idea that small motor boats should have the capability of such a ship.
  • 7. General LeMay and others gave opinions concerning such technicalities as the capability of radar both on land and in the air, capability of ship radar of the U.S. and Cuba, the speed of the mother ship, which was cited as 10 to 12 knots, and other related items.
  • 8. Mr. FitzGerald made much of the Cuban volatile nature. He cited that many Cubans are now walking with their heads up and alert because of the realization that there are possibilities of raids and other outside supports, such as the light aircraft raids. He voiced the opinion that Castro would probably take desperate measures as his situation further deteriorates and would turn to creating revolutions in Latin America. He stated that even though his operations may be considered only minor, he thought they were doing about as much as could be done under the present policies. One of his problems was that he felt there was only a total of 50 logical targets and if he conducted as many as 10 raids a month, he would be unable to sustain the build-up of Cuban hopes. He further stated that there were times when certain types of raids were more favorable than others; for instance, on sugar centrals.
  • 9. In responding to the question concerning the non-attributality of U.S. equipment, he stated that all equipment they use could be bought on the open market in many countries, even though it was of American origin. He stated that intelligence was not as good yet as they would like to have; however, they are having greater success in having agents enter and depart Cuba.
  • 10. General Wheeler injected that he sympathizes with such planners as Mr. FitzGerald because he realizes that many good ideas are never accepted by the cautious policy makers. However, Mr. FitzGerald reported that he believes he had a clearer go-ahead on these operations than he has ever had in his past experience.
  • 11. Mr. FitzGerald said that over the next two or three months his plans include critical targets of three classes: electrical systems, sugar centrals, and oil. He cited that electrical systems, although a top priority and a key to the economy, were very difficult targets. The sugar centrals were only of a seasonal nature because unless hit at the peak season, they could be repaired without difficulty or loss of time. In regard to oil, the refineries are most important but were also toughest to hit.
  • 12. In response to a comment by General Shoup regarding the sabotage of mines Mr. FitzGerald said there had been a recent case of internal sabotage in a mine. He then explained how the success of his operations can only be measured when internal sabotage is increased. In response to a question, he admitted that there was not any coordination as yet with the internal sabotage program.
  • 13. He commented that there was nothing new in the propaganda field. However, he felt that there had been great success in getting closer to the military personnel who might break with Castro, and stated that there were at least ten high-level military personnel who are talking with CIA but as yet are not talking to each other, since that degree of confidence has not yet developed. He considers it as a parallel in history; i.e., the plot to kill Hitler; and this plot is being studied in detail to develop an approach.
  • 14. General LeMay then questioned the advisability of utilizing a communication technique to install a radio capability which would permit break-in on Castro broadcasts. He stated that an Air Force officer named McElroy was available to talk to Mr. FitzGerald on the matter, and Mr. FitzGerald accepted this offer.
  • 15. The conference closed with General LeMay directing that Mr. FitzGerald's planners meet with General Krulak's people and work out the details as to how the military can assist in supporting these operations. After Mr. FitzGerald departed, General LeMay gave added directions to Colonel Higgins to initiate necessary steps for planning.
  • 16. After the JCS meeting Admiral Riley called Colonel Higgins into his office and read a letter from Mr. McGeorge Bundy which discussed secrecy measures necessary related to Cuba CIA operations. Admiral Riley directed Colonel Higgins to have the nature of this letter put out through SACSA control to SACSA contact points to insure an adequate system for secrecy within the military services. Admiral Riley stated he was returning the letter to Mr. Gilpatric as he did not want written communication by SACSA, but to put this out orally. This was transmitted to Colonel Wyman who will take the action to prepare an appropriate memorandum for the record to be filed with General Ingelido in accordance with further direction by Admiral Riley.
  • 17. General Wheeler, Chief of Staff of the Army, called and questioned us concerning SACSA's access for the knowledge of such operations as mentioned in the McGeorge Bundy letter. I advised him that our Pendulum system was in being but that I would look into it in greater detail to determine that it met the letter as well as the spirit of the memorandum. I stated I believed this was so but had not had reason to do it until this date and therefore did not give him a positive answer at that time.
    WALTER M. HIGGINS, JR.
  • Colonel, USA
    Does anybody else find this interesting?

Edited by William Kelly

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Homer of the JFK case -- a/k/a Gerry Patrick Hemming -- told me that the gunman in the TSBD was a "Nazi Rat Line sniper" whose target was JBC, at whom he fired "on full automatic."

Why the governor? Hemming in heavy German accent: "'Because he didn't bid high enough.'"

Was the sniper concerned that researchers would discover his identity? GPH again: "'Just be sure zey shpell my name rrright!'"

The Homer of the JFK case -- a/k/a Gerry Patrick Hemming -- told me that the gunman in the TSBD was a "Nazi Rat Line sniper" whose target was JBC, at whom he fired "on full automatic."

Why the governor? Hemming in heavy German accent: "'Because he didn't bid high enough.'"

Was the sniper concerned that researchers would discover his identity? GPH again: "'Just be sure zey shpell my name rrright!'"

Oft times, here on the Forum the response to a very revealing post such as the one Bill Kelly has made here, would be to supply supplemental documentation buttressing the facts and/or assertions contained therein. Many of the Califano papers are incredibly lengthy, and I am not as well versed as some are in that area.

So instead, I would like to take a moment to hopefully to do something just as important, which is to address the advocated, some might say "pablum for the masses" theories on the Castro did it wellwishers and the illogical or, downright ludicrous claims they espouse......

One claim is the allegation that Fabian Escalante was scurrying back to Cuba after coordinating the assasination of JFK in Dallas.....

Counterpoint: Does anyone really believe if that was true that, there would not be a counterintelligence operation that had been monitoring it from the beginning, or close to it, and that if you accept the aforementioned premise, that there would also not be any photographs and supporting factual documentation showing Escalante in the act of doing what it is claimed he was doing?

Instead, we are supposed to assume that yes "that is what happened," but the documentation is postponed in full in the archives, even though it is, in essence the linkage that would have given the causus belli for the invasion that subsequently, never happened.

To which my next response would be, not buying that either; for if such material did exist, the desired action of assassinating President Kennedy and eliminating Castro by a accompanying invasion would have the de facto Cuban involvement in the assassination, that in my view, has never existed!

Another claim centers on one Autillio Ramirez Ortiz.

See Live By The Sword pages 226-227.

In those pages you will discover that Ortiz is magically morphed from someone who hijacks a plane to Cuba and in the next paragraph is "given a job at a Cuban intelligence facility,"...I suppose my mental prowess isn't developed enough as Mr Russo's, to make a long story short yes, you guessed it Ortiz "discovers" the lauded "Osvaldo-Kennedy" file.......

Russo in the next paragraph goes on to tie John Martino to Ortiz, since Martino's source was "a Cuban named Ortiz."

Draw your own conclusions.

Edited by Robert Howard

Thanks for responding Charles and Robert. - BK

13. He commented that there was nothing new in the propaganda field. However, he felt that there had been great success in getting closer to the military personnel who might break with Castro, and stated that there were at least ten high-level military personnel who are talking with CIA but as yet are not talking to each other, since that degree of confidence has not yet developed. He considers it as a parallel in history; i.e., the plot to kill Hitler; and this plot is being studied in detail to develop an approach.

14. General LeMay then questioned the advisability of utilizing a communication technique to install a radio capability which would permit break-in on Castro broadcasts. He stated that an Air Force officer named McElroy was available to talk to Mr. FitzGerald on the matter, and Mr. FitzGerald accepted this offer.

Maj. Gen. Ivan Wilson McElroy USAF

15. The conference closed with General LeMay directing that Mr. FitzGerald's planners meet with General Krulak's people and work out the details as to how the military can assist in supporting these operations. After Mr. FitzGerald departed, General LeMay gave added directions to Colonel Higgins to initiate necessary steps for planning.

Maj. General V. H. Krulack USMC

Col. Jack Hawkins - Action Officer Bay of Pigs and Cuban Raider Force - Task Force Alpha

16. After the JCS meeting Admiral Riley called Colonel Higgins into his office and read a letter from Mr. McGeorge Bundy which discussed secrecy measures necessary related to Cuba CIA operations. Admiral Riley directed Colonel Higgins to have the nature of this letter put out through SACSA control to SACSA contact points to insure an adequate system for secrecy within the military services. Admiral Riley stated he was returning the letter to Mr. Gilpatric as he did not want written communication by SACSA, but to put this out orally. This was transmitted to Colonel Wyman who will take the action to prepare an appropriate memorandum for the record to be filed with General Ingelido in accordance with further direction by Admiral Riley.

Col. Walter M. Higgins, Jr. Executive Officer SACSA

Mr. McGeorge Bundy, Special Assistant to the President for National Security

Admiral Riley

Mr. Rosewell Gilpatrick - Implicated in the Gen. Dynamics F-111 Scandal

17. General Wheeler, Chief of Staff of the Army, called and questioned us concerning SACSA's access for the knowledge of such operations as mentioned in the McGeorge Bundy letter. I advised him that our Pendulum system was in being but that I would look into it in greater detail to determine that it met the letter as well as the spirit of the memorandum. I stated I believed this was so but had not had reason to do it until this date and therefore did not give him a positive answer at that time.

Gen. Wheeler - Chief of Staff of US Army

Pendulum system - "in being" at SACSA

Maj. Gen. Ivan Wilson McElroy, USAF

According to his official biography, Col. McElroy was assigned to the Recruiting Service, his last official appointmenet, and not working with Gen. LeMay and the Joint Chiefs on a special Cuban communications project.

Does anybody have anything on Adml. Riley or Higgins, other than his SACSA reports and this note:

25. IG Report, 75-77; "Highly Sensitive Activities," CIA-DDP Files, CIA Misc. Files, box 6, JFK-M-07 (F1), ZR/RIFLE, Harvey, Sept. 3, 1975 (NA); Memo by Col. Walter M. Higgins, Jr., Executive Officer, SACSA, briefing of JCS by Fitzgerald, Aug. 5, 1963, box 1, RG 218, JCS Records, JFK Assassination Records Collection (NA); Vance to Fitzgerald, Sept. 3, 1963, ibid.; Vance quoted from CIA Paper for NSC, June 8, 1963, FRUS, 1961-1963, XI, Cuban Missile Crisis and Aftermath, 828. For the diving suit story, see Prados, Safe for Democracy, 312-13.

p. 209 - From book The Bay of Pigs

http://www.af.mil/bios/bio.asp?bioID=6387

Ivan Wilson McElroy was born in 1913 in Austin, Texas.

General McElroy received his formal schooling in the Austin public schools, graduating from Austin High School in February 1929. From 1929 through 1933 he studied aeronautical engineering as a student at the University of Texas. During this period he served as a member of Infantry and Cavalry units of the Texas National Guard.

Entering the U.S. Military Academy in July 1933, he was, in June 1937, commissioned a second lieutenant in the field artillery. He entered the Air Corps Flying School and subsequently graduated at Kelly Field, Texas, in October 1938. Transferred to the Air Corps, he was assigned to the 20th Pursuit Group at Barksdale Field, La.

In May of 1941 he was assigned as the group operations officer of the 51st Pursuit Group and accompanied this group to the China-Burma-India Theater of Operations in January 1942. In 1943 and 1944, while operating out of jungle strips in Assam, he commanded the "Burma Banshees" or the 80th Fighter Group, which harassed Japanese activity along the fabled Burma Road and throughout North Burma. It was this group that, on March 27, 1944, intercepted a Japanese raid of 15 bombers and 25 fighters, shot down all 25 fighters and 14 of the 15 attacking bombers without loss of a single airplane or pilot. In the fall of 1944, he returned to the United States.

During the succeeding few years, he commanded fighter bases at Hillsgrove, R.I.; Suffolk Air Base, Long Island, and Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, N.C.

In 1946, he was assigned as senior instructor for the 63rd Air National Guard Wing at Ellington Air Force Base, Texas, and served in this capacity until he entered the Air War College at Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., in August 1948. Upon graduation, he was assigned as chief, Air Force Plans Branch, War Plans Division, Deputy Chief of Staff Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force. In August of 1952, he entered the National War College, Washington, D.C. On graduation in 1953, he again went overseas and served initially as assistant chief of staff for plans and operations with the Third Air Force in England. In 1955, he was assigned as commander of the 81st Fighter Bomber Wing at Bentwaters, England. During his tenure as commander, his wing won the special weapons delivery competition at the Air Force Fighter Weapons Meet at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.

On return to the United States, he commanded the 49th Tactical Air Division at Bergstrom Air Force Base, Texas, and later the 834th Tactical Air Division at England Air Force Base, La.

During June 1960 he was transferred to Headquarters 12th Air Force for duty as deputy for operations, prior to his assignment to the Recruiting Service in September 1961.

Rated a command pilot, General McElroy holds the Legion of Merit, Distinguished Flying Cross, Air Medal, Commendation Ribbon with oak leaf cluster, and the Presidential Unit Citation.

(Current as of November 1964)

Edited by William Kelly

Also Brownie Points and a feather in your cap if anyone can find the letter from Bundy that was delivered by Gilpatrick and read to the Joint Chiefs regarding security and the covert operations against Cuba.

And has anyone ever heard of the Pendulum system that was "in being" that Higgins was going to look into and get back on?

BK

Which was supposed to mean what?

It's too bad that Hemming had an aversion to speaking plain English whenever sharing inside info. (An exception: when he told Weberman that E. Howard Hunt went down the TSBD elevator shaft by rope. Sturgis, too, as I recall, I'm not sure, though how can I forget such vital information.)

Hemming told Twyman, in what Twyman describes as an emotional moment, that "the Patriots did it." Was he referring to the eventual Super Bowl champs, or whom?

It's too bad that Hemming had an aversion to speaking plain English whenever sharing inside info. (An exception: when he told Weberman that E. Howard Hunt went down the TSBD elevator shaft by rope. Sturgis, too, as I recall, I'm not sure, though how can I forget such vital information.)

Hemming told Twyman, in what Twyman describes as an emotional moment, that "the Patriots did it." Was he referring to the eventual Super Bowl champs, or whom?

Hey, the most significant thing happening at the moment - 6:30 PM EST is the certifiable fact that the Underdog Philadelphia Eagles are in the process of soundly kicking the arse of the Dallas Cowboys, and if all the planets line up right, including the improbable Oakland victory over Tampa Bay and the Chicago loses (too bad Obama), the Eagles make the playoffs.

It's in God's hands now.

BK

At the same table GPH claimed that, prior to the Oklahoma City bombing, Chelsea Clinton had been set up on a blind date with Tim McVeigh.

What it means is that Hemming was a sophisticated dissembler of half-truth with an agenda that at best is partially understood.

Hey, the most significant thing happening at the moment - 6:30 PM EST is the certifiable fact that the Underdog Philadelphia Eagles are in the process of soundly kicking the arse of the Dallas Cowboys, and if all the planets line up right, including the improbable Oakland victory over Tampa Bay and the Chicago loses (too bad Obama), the Eagles make the playoffs.

It's in God's hands now.

BK

Eagles 44 - Dallas 6

13. He commented that there was nothing new in the propaganda field. However, he felt that there had been great success in getting closer to the military personnel who might break with Castro, and stated that there were at least ten high-level military personnel who are talking with CIA but as yet are not talking to each other, since that degree of confidence has not yet developed. He considers it as a parallel in history; i.e., the plot to kill Hitler; and this plot is being studied in detail to develop an approach.

14. General LeMay then questioned the advisability of utilizing a communication technique to install a radio capability which would permit break-in on Castro broadcasts. He stated that an Air Force officer named McElroy was available to talk to Mr. FitzGerald on the matter, and Mr. FitzGerald accepted this offer.

15. The conference closed with General LeMay directing that Mr. FitzGerald's planners meet with General Krulak's people and work out the details as to how the military can assist in supporting these operations. After Mr. FitzGerald departed, General LeMay gave added directions to Colonel Higgins to initiate necessary steps for planning.

Col. Jack Hawkins - Action Officer Bay of Pigs and Cuban Raider Force - Task Force Alpha

16. After the JCS meeting Admiral Riley called Colonel Higgins into his office and read a letter from Mr. McGeorge Bundy which discussed secrecy measures necessary related to Cuba CIA operations. Admiral Riley directed Colonel Higgins to have the nature of this letter put out through SACSA control to SACSA contact points to insure an adequate system for secrecy within the military services. Admiral Riley stated he was returning the letter to Mr. Gilpatric as he did not want written communication by SACSA, but to put this out orally. This was transmitted to Colonel Wyman who will take the action to prepare an appropriate memorandum for the record to be filed with General Ingelido in accordance with further direction by Admiral Riley.

Maj. Gen. Michael Joseph Ingelido (1916-?), Sec. OJCS 1960-1964.

Col. Walter M. Higgins, Jr. Executive Officer SACSA

Mr. McGeorge Bundy, Special Assistant to the President for National Security

Admiral Riley, Vice Admiral Herbert D. Riley, Deputy CNO (Operations & Readiness), OP-O3, Dir of Joint Staff (1962-1964)

Mr. Rosewell Gilpatrick - Implicated in the Gen. Dynamics F-111 Scandal

17. General Wheeler, Chief of Staff of the Army, called and questioned us concerning SACSA's access for the knowledge of such operations as mentioned in the McGeorge Bundy letter. I advised him that our Pendulum system was in being but that I would look into it in greater detail to determine that it met the letter as well as the spirit of the memorandum. I stated I believed this was so but had not had reason to do it until this date and therefore did not give him a positive answer at that time.

Gen. Wheeler - Chief of Staff of US Army

Pendulum system - "in being" at SACSA

Edited by William Kelly

When reading some accounts of the Cold War with names also familiar to JFK researchers, the following are some of the books that one encounters.

Richard Helm's - A Look Over My Shoulder.

William Harvey - Flawed Patriot.

Charles P Cabell - A Man of Intelligence.

Allen Dulles - Master of Spies.

This post is more in relation to a "remember these guys," type of post;

The biography of Dulles and the autobiography of Helms both go into some detail regarding Allied sources of Nazi intelligence during World War II.

Some of which was at one time extremely controversial, involving Hans Gisevius, the Kriesau Circle, Eduard Schulte and Fritz Kolbe...The adroit historian knows of the equally controversial "Bull-Pauls" material.....But one of James Srodes [Allen Dulles biographer] biggest scoops in his Dulles bio is the following:

So it is that a growing number of intelligence scholars now believe that British intelligence in Switzerland actually fed Ultra secret communiques from the German Eastern Front to Soviet Military Intelligence by using its famous Lucy Ring branch of the Rote Kapelle in Switzerland....

page 267 - Allen Dulles: Master of Spies - James Srodes - Regnery - 1999

Of equal interest, at least to myself, is Richard Helms self-described account of Allen Dulles relationship with Fritz Kolbe, who, according to Helm's provided high-quality material of importance to U.S. counterintelligence, such as the outing of the agent CICERO and material that was pretty close to the inner sanctum, if you get my meaning; it took the British roughly a year or so, before they grudgingly conceded the intelligence was dead on accurate......

After reading the material in these two books my impression was that there needs to be a 100 percent factual account of these type of relationships in the context of the Kennedy Assassination, and no disrespect intended, not Mae Brussell style, but lucid, analytical and footnoted, obviously the HSCA nor the ARRB had any interest in exploring, and/or contributing to this area of inquiry. Please consider that my perceptions regarding the Kennedy Assassination are pretty much in line with the interest of the militant Cuban groups, 26th of November, Alpha-66 the power struggle that ensued and individuals such as Harvey, Roselli, Dulles, Joannnides, Phillips etc, Richard Cain, Arthur Vallee and the upper hierarchy which some refer to as the Knights of Malta.

.....But there are areas that have not been adequately explored and the German/neo-fascist/John Birch type groups of that era all require the most dilligent efforts, if the mass-media manipulated history as it now stands, is ever successfully eviscerated.

Edited by Robert Howard

Great thread and contributions.

May I throw in Werner Von Alvensleben, son of WVA, Sr whose conniving helped Hitler into power and who, according to a number of sources, was also involved in the plot against him?

Here is just a sampling of some of the descriptions of WVA, Sr:

"a shady tycoon masquerading as the director of the ultra-conservative 'League for the Protection of Culture'"

"an obscure political adventurer"

"a fifty-seven year old Rightist"

"Schleicher was not well served by his immediate confidants. Werner Von Alvensleben was a typical conspiritor"

"And then Baron Werner Von Alvensleben got busy. He rushed around Berlin spreading an alarming story that a Papen dictatorship would mean civil war"

"a dubious attempt by the Reichswehr to get Werner Von Alvensleben, a self-styled master of intrigue, to sow suspicion about Papen within the Nazi Party leadership"

"a gadabout in conservative circles with entree to the Nazi leadership"

Recall the info first posted here by Robert H - that Harold Byrd had been on Safari in Africa with WVA, Jr and had brought him back to the US post-assassination.

And many thanks again for all who read this thread and especially to those who have the courage to comment on it.

But in forgetting for a moment the Nazi plot to kill Hitler, and how they were studying it and adapting it against Castro, I'd like to focus especially on the following few items:

...14. General LeMay then questioned the advisability of utilizing a communication technique to install a radio capability which would permit break-in on Castro broadcasts. He stated that an Air Force officer named McElroy was available to talk to Mr. FitzGerald on the matter, and Mr. FitzGerald accepted this offer.

It's quite apparent that without the Chairman of the JCS Gen. Taylor in the room, Gen. LeMay holds sway - and is clearly running the meeting.....

Then there's this whole subterranian message from Bundy and Gilpatrick being conveyed via Adml. Riley, which Higgins transcribes as:

What is THIS all about?

Is there a letter or memo from Bundy and Gilpatrick to Riley/JSC on or around September 24, 1963, and what did it say?

To me, this cuts to the key elements of the matter.

BK

Higgins Memo from Sept. 25, 1963 meeting of the JCS: Point 16.

Could this have anything to do with NSAM #261 - of Sept. 23, 1963, Re: Highest priority be given to Four Leaves?

http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:6lM-jp...;cd=1&gl=us

NSAM 261Assignment of Highest National Priority to Project FOUR LEAVES

http://www.jfklibrary.org/Historical+Resou...+Desk/NSAMs.htm

EBFC6C2F3A0E4140909D201FE92205C0.jpg

A Couple of things;

Everyone on the Forum is familiar with The Family Jewels, which, somewhat recently were all the rage. The only instance in which I have obtained documents under the provisions of the F.O.I.A. was in 2005, when I obtained and subsequently posted

some, if not all of the material here on the Forum.

In one document, a memo to William E Colby on page 22, there is a passage that reads......

5. During the period when Des Fitzgerald was in charge of the Cuban Task Force, DCI McCone's office learned, quite by accident, that Fitgerald had secured the cooperation of several prominent U.S. business firms in denying economic items to Cuba. There was no question but that the businessmen were glad to cooperate, but knowledge of this operation had to be rather widespread.

8. There are three examples of using Agency funds which I know to be controversial. One was the expenditure of money under Project MOSES in securing the release of Cuban Brigade prisoners. Details of this operation are best known to Larry Houston, Mike Miskovsky, __________, and James Smith. Second', as you well know, when Lou Conein received his summons

to report to the Joint General Staff Headquarters on 1 November 1963, a large sum of cash went with him. My impression is that the accounting for this and its use has never been very frank or complete. Third, at one of the early Special Group meetings attended by McCone he took strong exception to proposals to spend Agency funds to improve the economic viability of West Berlin, and for an investment program in Mali, his general position was that such expenditures were not within the Agency's charter, and that he would allow such spending only on the direct personal request of the Secretary of State or the Secretary of Defense, or sic tote [the] White House.

Robert: Most individuals intimately familiar with the intrigues involving the assassination of Ngo Dinh Diem would probably agree that the "cash" referenced with regards to Conein, may have found its way to Diem's enemies.....

The above information is merely a supplement to the thread, but there is another interesting genealogical tidbit, that is compelling.

When Lee Oswald made plans to attend Albert Schweitzer College, the Warren Commission had access to a document which was entitled List of References, followed by a voluminous list of over 65, persons representing 20 different countries.

My own impression of Albert Schweitzer College was greatly influenced by George Michael Evica, who no doubt would have been interested in the Rev. Robert H. Schacht who, was listed in the above referenced document under the heading U.S.A.

Further research leads to a Unitarian Church and a fire which took place in 1966 which caused a great deal of damage.....

So the connection is found in the pages of the URL listed below, which states.......

.......Under Dr. Edes, 1803-1832, the church became definitely Unitarian in theology and affiliated with the Unitarian movement in America. For many years it was known as The First Congregational Church (Unitarian). In April, 1953, however, the congregation voted to change the name to The First Unitarian church of Providence. In the words of the minister, Dr. Robert H. Schacht, 1931-1968, "It was accomplished by a gracious understanding of the progressive spirit which permeates our beloved old church and by the desire of its present members to meet the challenging needs of our day with the full resources of the liberal Christianity we hold dear."

www.firstunitarianprov.org/about/history.shtml