The Education Forum

Strikers and 5th February

John Simkin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gary Loughran

Three of the top ten strikers in the world, Carlos Tevez, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar, were all born on 5th February. So was one of the most promising strikers in England, Jordan Rhodes of Huddersfield.

So was David Sullivan ;)

Are you enjoying Sam's West Ham??

Three of the top ten strikers in the world, Carlos Tevez, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar, were all born on 5th February. So was one of the most promising strikers in England, Jordan Rhodes of Huddersfield.

So was David Sullivan ;)

Are you enjoying Sam's West Ham??

Enjoyment would be the wrong word. However, he is definitely more competent than most of West Ham's recent managers.

Guest Gary Loughran

Enjoyment would be the wrong word. However, he is definitely more competent than most of West Ham's recent managers.

I know what you mean. He goes for power, height and strength over pace and guile. I suppose if it gets us to the PL, then the end justifies the means - and if a couple of years stabiliy in the top flight is the net result...I could accept that.

I take it you read David Sullivan's interviews with Iain Dale? I came away with a much better impression of him than I expected or wanted to, much like Dale himself did.

I was taken aback that Parker got the England captaincy. Stuart Pearce obviously didn't read Dale's piece. My impression of Parker is that he isn't captain material, depite how much I like him and how good he is.