The Education Forum

Gerry Hemming and Interpen

I think Gerry did not like to be photographed.

I think Davy did not like to be photographed.

I'm pretty sure jesus was not there either.

I will try to post an image ... URL ???

I'll have to learn how to post images later.

I like your quotes -- mosaic.

Thanks for the posts, Hiram.

Was the boat called Tejana II, or something like that?

BTW, Don't pay any attention to "Null and Void" here.

--Tommy :sun

Hi Tommy,

I did not see the name as we aproached the slip to board.

The stern may have been blocked.

It was kept in the Intercoastal Boat Yard.

I have not had time to learn to post an image.

If you have a photo of the Tejana III, you might post it

so that I can compare it to my photo.

--HH

Hiram,

The photo of the boat you posted looks like the one I found on the Internet when I was "researching" the Tejana III a couple of years ago.

Here's another one, with a list of the crew:

Tripulacion%20TEJANA%20revisado.png

According to some sources, Larry Laborde was captain of the ship.

Here are two photos of him. Do you recognize him?

1AALaBorde1.jpg

Do you recognize any of these other "characters' from back in the day?

http://spartacus-educational.com/1AAcubans.htm

Does this look like the "Davy" who came to your house with Hemming?

JFKdavis2.jpg

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKdavisH.htm

He's also in this group of photos:

JFKinterpen1.jpg

Thanks,

PS Does this look like the dock you went to?

JFKharbor.jpg

La Borde and boat slip are not the ones. I have seen the INTERPEN page.

--HH

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gerry did not like to be photographed.

I think Davy did not like to be photographed.

I'm pretty sure jesus was not there either.

I will try to post an image ... URL ???

I'll have to learn how to post images later.

I like your quotes -- mosaic.

Thanks for the posts, Hiram.

Was the boat called Tejana II, or something like that?

BTW, Don't pay any attention to "Null and Void" here.

Hi Tommy,

I did not see the name as we aproached the slip to board.

The stern may have been blocked.

It was kept in the Intercoastal Boat Yard.

I have not had time to learn to post an image.

If you have a photo of the Tejana III, you might post it

so that I can compare it to my photo.

--HH

Hiram,

The photo of the boat you posted looks like the one I found on the Internet when I was "researching" the Tejana III a couple of years ago.

Here's another one, with a list of the crew:

Tripulacion%20TEJANA%20revisado.png

[...]

Does this look like the "Davy" who came to your house with Hemming?

JFKdavis2.jpg

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKdavisH.htm

He's also in this group of photos:

JFKinterpen1.jpg

Thanks,

[...]

La Borde and boat slip are not the ones. I have seen the INTERPEN page.

--HH

Hiram,

OK, maybe Laborde was just a "mariner" on the boat at one time.

Different subject -- Was the "Davy" who was with Hemming Howard K. Davis?

Thanks,

Edited by Thomas Graves

Yes, it was H.K. Davis.

He did not say very much, except as I noted.

I never saw LaBorde nor that slip.

Is it important about HKD ?

Gerry blogged that Davy might be working at Miami International Airport Security.

I wish I could ask him some questions but these might not be welcomed.

He has to be retired by now, don't you think ?

I just have to know what was in the steel drum :)

-HH

Chris,

Keeping in mind that, at the age of eight, I was just a nipple-level, silent witness, I can only "know of" persons rather than know them as I knew my nine-year old best friend.

There are, as you may verify, six permutations of the initials in "Inter-american Affairs Commission".

And one of those permutations was already taken.

When I first entered the Internet around 1998, I began searching names of old friends, grade-school crushes, etc.

For several years, I got only one return, whenever I searched Fonseca or Fariñas, or Arguelles: it was a mention of Fariñas being arrested in Mexico along with his boss Wendell Rollason, for falsifying papers to get children out of Cuba.

He had told us all about this upon his return from prison.

When I got around to glancing at the source of the web story, I was extremely surprised and intrigued to find that it was a JFK assassination site.

There was nothing new there for years.

Then, one day, I searched again and the first thing that popped on the screen was the afore-mentioned CIA to FBI memo concerning Hermandad Cubana.

Apparently, in the intervening years, some records were released by ARRB.

I soon discovered that Gerry had been blogging extensively and was far from dead until 11 months before I found his blogs.

As I frantically zipped from one link to another, I once came upon a link that I have never been able to find again: I did not write it down.

In it, it was claimed that

there were five groups with IAC permutations.
Each one was private and featured by-laws that delineated their goal of rescuing 100,000 children and relatives who could not get visas to enter the U.S.,
and to knock off Fidel.
* Each one was headed by a tall Anglo philanthrope.
Said philanthrope was purportedly employed in import-export to Latin America.
Each one was a CIA cut-out with individuals sharing confusingly similar names and backgrounds.

When I saw the film JFK in the theatre, I whispered to my friend, next to me, that Stone was an excellent producer because his Cubans were absolutely perfect in dress, demeanor, phraseology, appearance, etc. And I suddenly exclaimed, at one point, "Look at that, they even have a very tall Americano in fatigues, cap, boots, and pistol strapped on ... just like our group had !!!

I had been disappointed so many times by films that jumbled together many Latin cultures; not caring enough to acknowledge our distinctive characteristics.
Thus, one might see a sarape paired with a Cuban straw hat, a flask of gaucho mate, and a Puerto Rican asopao dinner. But not Stone! I did not learn that the head Cuban conspirator was not actually Cuban, until many years later. That was excellent as was the depiction of the crates of rifles etc.

In the years since Dallas, Gerry had gained weight and aged so I had not recognized him in his cameo appearances.

The film's furor died down. I got busy with my career, and time passed.

Decades later, on this forum, I discovered that there was a good reason for the similarity; it was no coincidence; it was Gerry !

The man who was a close friend of my family for decades, Anthony Fariñas, was married to a woman from New Orleans.

He ran an export-import business to Latin America.

He made his first money in the Hotel Workers business, by coordinating labor, from Central America, and arranging conventions to Miami from said countries and from South America, during the tourism off-season. He did not want to tell me what he did when I asked him, one day, after he finished teaching me the rudiments of chess. He held an index finger to his zipped lips and said, " We won't talk about that. " and smiled mysteriously. I asked him because he seemed to be so adventurous that I thought I might want to follow his foot steps when I grew up.

Gerry blogged somewhere of a trip that included a Tony Fariñas, along with other tough guys.

I searched images and found that this Tony was not our Anthony Fariñas,, but was and organized crime figure.

However, this Tony did make his money as a Union leader for the same Hotel workers that our guy organized.

And one son's name is also Tony Fariñas.

I am intrigued by this but have not been able to form any conclusion about the apparent coincidences.

As I mentioned, I met Gerry, who was definitely involved in setting up the Pontchartrain training camp.

One reason for swampy terrain is that the Bay of Pigs is hard by the Zapata swamps of Cuba.

BTW, Zapata Oil may not be the only link to the failed operation. A perfectly reasonable source of the term "Operation Zapata" is in reference to the Cuban swamps.

I think those swamps are named after the Mexican rebel Emiliano Zapata who was routed hence by Teddy Roosevelt, but I may be wrong.

An alternative swampy training ground was, of course, the Florida Everglades.

Certainly, Gerry trained others there and, what is more, not only did I know of others, as you say, but it would be difficult to not know several young men who where training there for a second invasion: it was as secret as a regional Boy Scout Jamboree.

My first real USMC water canteen was given to me by one such trainee. He taught me to scrub the corrosion out of the inside of it by using raw rice and water as a shake scrubber. He took pity on me when he saw me spit the hot water from my toy, toxic plastic canteen, as I played war with my Peanuts Gang friends in the stifling Florida sun.

Everybody and their dogs, in Miami of the 1960's, knew groups who trained in the Everglades and in New Orleans.

As a student in Miami High (SW 7th Street) many of my classmates were the children of BOP veterans.

There was absolutely nothing remotely secret about these operations.

I opine that it was meant to be that way by Dulles et al.

When our Government teacher, one day, explained to the class that the U.S. had nothing to do with the BOP operation because it would have violated the Neutrality Act, most of us glanced at eachother in disbelief and could not contain muffled guffaws, if you will forgive the oxymoron.

BTW, immediately after Fonseca and Arguelles were executed in Cuba, our group dissolved like an Alka-Seltzer and we were ostracized by most of our neighbors for some time.

My uncle immediately came down with a type of lung cancer that was repeatedly described, by his doctors, at Jackson Memorial Hospital, in Miami, as "the most amazingly rapid and aggressive cancer they had ever seen; unheard-of in their experience ..." ... etc.

Every time someone came by from visiting him, they had identical descriptions of the doctors' comments to them.

He went, from the man you see next to Fonseca, to a living skeleton, in twenty-eight days.

Once, I accidentally stepped into his sick room at home and I stumbled back three steps: I did not recognize him; he had been transformed so quickly since I last saw him two weeks before.

I have trouble with the film Altered States, because it has a scene where the hero is turned into a mass of burning lava as he slammed his arms, fists clenched, against the walls of his home's hall way.

My uncle was delirious with horrible, searing pains and he slammed his arms against the walls in a similar fashion while shaking his fist up to a god who did not help him.

We had not street smarts enough to procure him some morphine.

Those were terrible days for us.

I have read the pro's and con's regarding Mary Vary Baker.

Can you blame me for harbouring some suspicion that some of her story might be all too veridical ?

--HH

Edited by Hiram Huesca

John,

I just revisited a web site about exile groups that sells a poster , care-of Haro.

This site confuses me because we don't recall Pedro nor the photo of him on line.

Since the name, bond design, slogans, etc. of our group were decided in my presence, I am sure the HC was born in my house.

It is possible that, after my uncle's death, and that of founders Comandante Fonseca, Argüelles, et al, and the scuttling of the cutter, by Fidel, the H.C. somehow continued its life elsewhere. If so, it is news to me.

I wish I had more bytes allowed to post photos of the house as it looked at the time, at 169 N.W., 28 Street, Mia, Fla.

as well as my folks and me at the Orange Bowl when the prisoners came back for the John and Jackie Show. That photo depicts, as well, Frank Sturgis and some Interpen members sitting, among the prisoners, a few yards in front of us.

Not to my knowledge, in 1962:

If you read the memo attached, ( &^&%$^ I am out of KB for attachments ) the organization was not founded in 1963 as indicated in the exile group's web site where a $0.96 donation gets you a poster.

http://cuban-exile.com/menu1/!group.html

Go to Mary Ferrel's site and look for Argimino Fonseca and Hermandad Cubana, A New Anti-castro Group in Miami ...

There is a clear ( no blacked out lines ) version of both pages there.

The memo mentions September of 1962 as the time CIA got the "untested source" report.,

It was founded in my living room, in 169 NW 28 Street, Miami Fla., prior to the Missile Crisis of October of 1962.

Fonseca et al left for Cuba in late mid-October and were announced as captured and shot just before Holloween - bummed that holiday out for us.

The bonds I attached a copy of, above, were designed at that time ( I had input into their design and I put the dry seal on each of them ); not in 1963.

No one I have contacted remembers the name Pedro De Haro.

Maybe you can find him in the two pictures I attached above.

If you have contemporaneous photos of him or any biographical information, I could use it.

-HH

P.S., I need more attachment KB's .

Hiram,

The most trouble-free way to create attachments here on this site, is to open a free Photobucket account. You can upload your photos to Photobucket and then create a link in your message on this site to the specific photo in your Photobucket account.

Tom

Not to my knowledge, in 1962:

If you read the memo attached, ( &^&%$^ I am out of KB for attachments ) the organization was not founded in 1963 as indicated in the exile group's web site where a $0.96 donation gets you a poster.

http://cuban-exile.com/menu1/!group.html

Go to Mary Ferrel's site and look for Argimino Fonseca and Hermandad Cubana, A New Anti-castro Group in Miami ...

There is a clear ( no blacked out lines ) version of both pages there.

The memo mentions September of 1962 as the time CIA got the "untested source" report.,

It was founded in my living room, in 169 NW 28 Street, Miami Fla., prior to the Missile Crisis of October of 1962.

Fonseca et al left for Cuba in late mid-October and were announced as captured and shot just before Holloween - bummed that holiday out for us.

The bonds I attached a copy of, above, were designed at that time ( I had input into their design and I put the dry seal on each of them ); not in 1963.

No one I have contacted remembers the name Pedro De Haro.

Maybe you can find him in the two pictures I attached above.

If you have contemporaneous photos of him or any biographical information, I could use it.

-HH

really.

still?

never mind. you'll figure it out.

Edited by Glenn Nall

I loath the bucket.

I guess I'll have to break down and use it.

I have just found more files, at ARRB , on Fonseca, Gerry, and others.

Curioser and Curioser: Fonseca may not have died and one person claims he used our money for his private needs.

A claim is that he used $800 ( about $8000 today ) to buy the cutter ( and torpedo ? ) .

If he didn't die in late October 1962, then the broadcast we heard from Radio Rebelde, Habana, Cuba of his execution was a spoof transmission.

I would not have guessed that this tiny group would have warranted such a transmission from ??? .

Anyway, this new find is very confusing and does not jibe with my very clear memory of what I witnessed.

I will post links ETC. ( and bucket ) soon.

Edited by Hiram Huesca

OK John,

Tell me what you think of this,

www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=89714&search=Hermandad_Cubana#relPageId=1&tab=page

This memo derives from the CIA TO FBI memo I mentioned earlier.

In the memo above, it states that HC no longer exists as of date of same: June 1963.

And the bonds were being sold ( by us ) on or before September 1962.

This clearly doesn't gibe with De Haro and 1963 date of inception for HC.

The other six pages of the link above are new to me and I have not had time to make sense of it.

I don't know if $800 ( $8,000 today ) would have bought that cutter with the built-in torpedo !

I think it had a small cannon too.

And I am not clear regarding the actual fate and date of demise of Fonseca et al, since some allegations therein suggest that he may have just run off with our money.

But I doubt that the Habana broadcast of their execution was a spoof by JM/WAVE or other installation; too much cloak and dagger for a puny group like HC.

Pedro de Haro was the President of Hermandad Cubana.