The Education Forum

The Secret Service And CE399

David Von Pein

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee,

Why are you harping on the Price Exhibit when you've got WRIGHT ON FILM telling you what happened??

You really think Wright was lying his ass off to CBS-TV in '67?

And we've got Darrell Tomlinson telling us (via Ray Marcus) that he (Darrell) gave the bullet to Wright.

And we've got Richard Johnsen's report in CE1024, verifying he got a bullet from WRIGHT.

Given the above three things that PROVE forever that OP Wright handled a bullet on Nov. 22, I couldn't care less about what Wright wrote in the Price document. And that's because we don't NEED the Price Exhibit to answer this question (which is an inquiry that only one person on the planet thinks is up in the air):

Did O.P. Wright handle a bullet at Parkland on 11/22/63?

Are you done with your silliness on this Wright subject now, Farley? Or do you want to make yourself look more foolish than you already have (if that's possible)?

Edited by David Von Pein

v Pein: You really think Wright was lying his ass off to CBS-TV in '67?

Yes - like Seymour Weitzmann who, at the same CBS special, said he never found a Mauser. McCloys daughter was the "liaison-officer" between her father and CBS regarding this prime time doco...if I remember correctly

KK

Lee, I hate to jump in on this just as you are leaving, but two comments seem to be in order. First, its anecdotal but I have to remark that virtually any boy/man growing up down here in the southwest is not going to have much trouble in distinguishing between a sharp nosed hunting round and a blunt nosed bullet. You grow up that way, just as you grow up having some idea of calibers of weapons and bullets - hey dad, when do I get to trade my .22 for a 30.06 so I can go deer hunting.

Second, as to what got put into reports by whom, I'm afraid you are asking a bit much for the procedure of the time. Did anybody write reports that really captured who and when took Oswald's billfold into custody....? What about reports that would resolve the handling of the bullets in the TSBD, where's that comment about picking up the bullets and then putting them back down in the TSBD. And perhaps my favorite, we have a photo of a forensics kit down across Elm but there is no report about any investigation for bullets down there....and that did happen. Heck, it goes beyond the police, Lee Bowers doesn't even mention anything about reporting the tramps or their arrest - which we spend so much time talking about.

Everybody gets to pick their own scenario though - to me it looks like a sharp nosed hunting bullet came out of Dallas and ended up in

Rowley's possession - and then morphed into CE399 just when they needed to make the Oswald/lone nut story stick.

-- Larry

Everybody gets to pick their own scenario though - to me it looks like a sharp nosed hunting bullet came out of Dallas and ended up in

Rowley's possession - and then morphed into CE399 just when they needed to make the Oswald/lone nut story stick.

-- Larry

A bullet with a point on it is one that does not look like it hit anything.

Somehow this bullet that Wright saw has now morphed into a "sharp nosed" bullet.

Here is Pool's description of the bullet. He said it was "pointed" but gave some more description.

pool4k.png

What color was the bullet that Wright showed to Josiah Thompson?

Wrights statement conflicts with every other person who made a statement about this bullet.

Edited by Mike Rago

Mike, I don't know if you have done much hunting but whether you call it "pointed" or "sharp nosed", its pretty much the same thing - you may not have seen Mark Oakes video interview with Wright but he makes it pretty clear that what he saw was a hunting round...that was why I mentioned a 30.06 because that's a 30 caliber bullet commonly seen in the area of Texas/Oklahoma where I great up. And nobody is going to confuse it

with CE399. Also, as described by Wright in the interview, it was essentially pristine and had not hit anything - unlike CE399.

And his statement does not conflict with everyone else because Mark interviewed another person who saw it at the hospital and

described the same thing.

You can have the bullet be whatever you want it to be though... its certainly to bad it as well as some of the other key

evidence was taken out of Dallas before being photographed... Larry

Mike, I don't know if you have done much hunting but whether you call it "pointed" or "sharp nosed", its pretty much the same thing - you may not have seen Mark Oakes video interview with Wright but he makes it pretty clear that what he saw was a hunting round...that was why I mentioned a 30.06 because that's a 30 caliber bullet commonly seen in the area of Texas/Oklahoma where I great up. And nobody is going to confuse it

with CE399. Also, as described by Wright in the interview, it was essentially pristine and had not hit anything - unlike CE399.

And his statement does not conflict with everyone else because Mark interviewed another person who saw it at the hospital and

described the same thing.

You can have the bullet be whatever you want it to be though... its certainly to bad it as well as some of the other key

evidence was taken out of Dallas before being photographed... Larry

Actually it is not pretty much the same thing. That is the entire reason I posted the Pool interview.

He said it was pointed to. But he gives more detail.

pool4k.png

If you want to read the full Pool report you can find it at this prior post I made.

http://educationforu...=60#entry260795

Or you could have read it in this prior post by I made

http://educationforu...180#entry258202

You say that Wrights statement does not conflict with everyone else. I would like to see the statement of the other person you mention who you say agrees with Wright.

Edited by Mike Rago

Tomlinson never mentions Pool by name but Tomlinsons Warren Commission testimony corroborates Pools statement. Pool stated that he and Tomlinson were working together in the elevator.

In several places in Tomlinson's WC testimony he refers to "we".

This instance of the use of the word "we" appears to corroborate Pools statement.

Mr. Tomlinson: Well, really, I can't be positive, just to be perfectly honest about it, I can't be positive, because I really didn't pay that much attention to it. The stretcher was on the elevator and I pushed it off of there and I believe we made one or two calls up before I straightened out the stretcher up against the wall.

http://www.jfklancer.../tomlinson.html

Here is the portion of Pool's statement where he says that he and Tomlinson gave someone a ride in the elevator.

Prior to his discovery of the bullet, Pool recalls that he and Tomlinson gave another person a ride up to either the second or third floor1.

Regarding Tomlinson not mentioning Wrights name. Tomlinson was never asked what he did with the bullet by Arlen Specter. Specter was totally concerned with on which stretcher Tomlinson found the bullet. Specter was expecting Tomlinson to say the bullet was found on stretcher A because Tomlinson told Specter that before the sworn testimony but at the time of the sworn testimony Tomlinson would not confirm it was definitely on stetcher A.

Mr. SPECTER. Now, just before we started this deposition, before I placed you under oath and before the court reporter started to take down my questions and your answers, you and I had a brief talk, did we not?

Mr. TOMLINSON. Yes.

Mr. SPECTER. And we discussed in a general way the information which you have testified about, did we not?

Mr. TOMLINSON. Yes, sir.

Mr. SPECTER. And at the time we started our discussion, it was your recollection at that point that the bullet came off of stretcher A, was it not ?

Mr. TOMLINSON. B.

Mr. SPECTER. Pardon me, stretcher B, but it was stretcher A that you took off of the elevator.

Mr. TOMLINSON. I believe that's right.

Mr. SPECTER. But there is no question but that at the time we started our discussion a few minutes before the court reporter started to take it down,

Page 132

that your best recollection was that it was stretcher A which came off of the elevator?

http://www.jfklancer.../tomlinson.html

Regarding Agents Crowley and Johnsen not marking the bullet. Crowly and Johnsen were SS Agents. We do not see the marking of the bullet until it passes into FBI custody.

Tomlinson does not mention anyone's name in his WC Testimony.

Mr. SPECTER.. Who interviewed you about it?

Mr. TOMLINSON. I don't remember the name of either one of them, but one was the FBI man and one was the Secret Service man.

Mr. SPECTER. How many times did the FBI interview you?

1http://imageshack.us...mlinsonride.png

2Link to Pools interview

http://jfk.hood.edu/...han/Item 03.pdf

Edited by Mike Rago

The Testimony of Dr. Ronald Jones.

Dr. Ronald Jones was one of the first doctors to see the president at Parkland Hospital.

He saw the neck wound before the tracheotomy was performed.

He says that the wound in the throat is consistent with an exit wound of a very low velocity missile.

Arlen Specter asked Dr. Jones if he saw any wounds. Dr Jones responded he saw a small wound in the neck no greater than a quarter inch in diamter.

Mr. SPECTER - Did you observe any wounds?

Dr. JONES - As we saw him the first time, we noticed that he had a small wound at the midline of the neck, just above the superasternal notch, and this was probably no greater than a quarter of an inch in greatest diameter, and that he had a large wound in the right posterior side of the head.

Arlen Specter then asks Dr. Jones to describe the wound in the throat as precisely as he can.

Mr. SPECTER - Will you describe as precisely as you can the wound that you observed in the throat?

Dr. JONES - The wound in the throat was probably no larger than a quarter of an inch in diameter. There appeared to be no powder burn present, although this could have been masked by the amount of blood that was on the head and neck, although there was no obvious, amount of powder present. There appeared to be a very minimal amount of disruption of interruption of the surrounding skin. There appeared to be relatively smooth edges around the wound, and if this occurred as a result of a missile, you would have probably thought it was a missile of very low velocity and probably could have been compatible with a bone fragment of either--probably exiting from the neck, but it was a very small, smooth wound.

Dr. Jones says the wound in the neck is consistent with a very low velocity exit.

Mr. SPECTER - In this report, Dr. Jones, you state the following, "Previously described severe skull and brain injury was noted as well as a small hole in anterior midline of the neck thought to be a bullet entrance wound. What led you to the thought that it was a bullet entrance wound, sir?

Dr. JONES - The hole was very small and relatively clean cut, as you would see in a bullet that is entering rather than exiting from a patient. If this were an exit wound, you would think that it exited at a very low velocity to produce no more damage than this had done, and if this were a missile of high velocity, you would expect more of an explosive type of exit wound, with more tissue destruction than this appeared to have on superficial examination.

Mr. SPECTER - Would it be consistent, then, with an exit wound, but of low velocity, as you put it?

Dr. JONES - Yes; of very low velocity to the point that you might think that this bullet barely made it through the soft tissues and just enough to drop out of the skin on the opposite side.

The very low velocity exit wound described by Dr. Jones is exactly consistent with the video clip below showing that the bullet which passed through JFK's neck then struck Connally on his left side(Connally hat flap where it looks like he is swatting a fly). And is also consistent with the condition of CE 399 as described by Pool and as shown in the NARA pictures. Connally was struck by a second bullet (which missed JFK completely) as Connally turned back to his right

Link to complete testimony of Dr. Ronald Jones

http://jfkassassinat...ony/jones_r.htm

Edited by Mike Rago