The Education Forum

Did Ruby talk about Oswald at Ray McKeown's before the assassination?

Chris Newton

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting testimony on page 623.

McKeown is describing to the HSCA how he was watching TV when...

"I seen it when he killed him".

Then he goes on to describe a conversation he had with the friend that was living with him when both Ruby and Oswald visited, Sam Neal.

"And then Sam called right after that and we went down to somewhere, I do not know where. [CN- the bar?] He call me up and say, hey, that is the son-of-a-bitch who was at your house, that is the guy who was at your house talking about Oswald.

I said. it sure is."

Ruby was talking about Oswald at McKeown's? That's quite the reveal and no follow-up.

http://www.maryferre...Id=631&tab=page

Interesting testimony on page 623.

McKeown is describing to the HSCA how he was watching TV when...

"I seen it when he killed him".

Then he goes on to describe a conversation he had with the friend that was living with him when both Ruby and Oswald visited, Sam Neal.

"And then Sam called right after that and we went down to somewhere, I do not know where. [CN- the bar?] He call me up and say, hey, that is the son-of-a-bitch who was at your house, that is the guy who was at your house talking about Oswald.

I said. it sure is."

Ruby was talking about Oswald at McKeown's? That's quite the reveal and no follow-up.

http://www.maryferre...Id=631&tab=page

Chris,

I think the stenographer could have missed the pause or inflection I spoke of in my prior post.

But after giving this further consideration, I do believe that McKeown revealed that Ruby had spoken to him about Oswald.

Interesting, to say the least.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

The most significant thing here is what the FBI hid from the Warren Commission, and the HSCA hid from everyone: Jack Ruby was heavily involved in Cuban gun-running. The HSCA’s myopic questioning of McKeown, mostly by Purdy, completely side-stepped the issue that Ruby’s involvement with CIA asset Donald Browder centered around the gun trade and arms shipments to Cuba.

Does anyone doubt that people sending military-style armaments to Cuba would be monitored by American Intel? Does it seem possible the Jack Ruby’s Cuban gun-running would be unnoticed by the CIA?

What had to be hidden at all costs was the clear fact that, at least prior to the assassination, Jack Ruby was under CIA protection, or at least allowed to operate freely under American Intel’s watchful eyes.

Does anyone doubt that people sending military-style armaments to Cuba would be monitored by American Intel? Does it seem possible the Jack Ruby’s Cuban gun-running would be unnoticed by the CIA?

Isn't it possible that CIA knew of smuggling, which by nature is heavily mob connected, and looked the other way if there were useful profits to be made? AKA like they did almost everywhere else? SE Asia, S. America, Watts.

So the next big question is when could Ruby have mentioned Oswald to McKeown?

It wouldn't have been in 1959 when he was "scared" and told the FBI that he had only met Ruby one time. He told the HSCA 4 times, apparently having "forgotten" what he told the FBI in '64. And for what reason would Ruby be visiting McKeown in, I assume, '62-'63?

Isn't it possible that CIA knew of smuggling, which by nature is heavily mob connected, and looked the other way if there were useful profits to be made? AKA like they did almost everywhere else? SE Asia, S. America, Watts.

OK, Chris, if you want to keep asserting the Mob was the elephant in the room here, by all means please present your evidence. But I ask you….
  • Did the Mob protect Jacob Rubinstein and his Cuban arms shipments from U.S. federal prosecution?
  • Did the Mob put "LHO" in front of Shaw's Trade Mart in New Orleans shilling for Castro?
  • Was what CIA accountant James Wilcott called the “Oswald Project” a creation of the Mob?
  • Did the Mob pretend that "LHO" did all those things in Mexico City?
  • Did the Mob send this "Lee Oswald" fellow to McKeown's house?
  • Did the Mob put the entire U.S. Government to sleep after JFK’s assassination?
C’mon….

Jim,

I see.

You want stick me in the "Mafia did it" camp. But I don't see it that way, they were an element that was used and not the head of the snake. My top level conspirators all are part of the aristocracy not the underworld. When was it in the sixties during the Castro/Cuban thing that the mob was not riding in the CIA's rumble seat?

I've read many times that Ruby was running guns (but can't remember if it was to Cuba) and that Ruby and Oswald were acquainted. (This was a long time ago before I had time to check it out.) Is there evidence for these two things other that what Chris just found? If so, this is great corroboration.

(One of Ruby's gals said that she saw Ruby with Oswald, I believe.)

All I care about is the head of the snake.

We are on the same sheet of music for the most part.

I don't think CIA prevailed upon Ruby to whack Ozzy and I don't think the Mob had a reason to want him whacked. That said, I still think it was the Mob that prevailed on Ruby to do it. Because they were a means to an end.

I just remember the allegations that the CIA was financing their operations in Central or South America when Reagan was in office. People talked about it like it was true. I was young, busy, and not too interested to pay much attention. But if they were making money from drug smuggling to America, nobody should be surprised if they made money running guns to Cuba.

I just remember the allegations that the CIA was financing their operations in Central or South America when Reagan was in office

Sandy,

Mike Ruppert, Dan Hopsicker, John Judge and others, were way out front in reporting a lot of that. It's not subject I'm up to speed on.

Aug 3rd, 1963...

According to the HSCA, Ruby drives to Edna, Tx. to visit Candy Barr whom he had called about 6 times in the last 30 days. Edna, Tx. is south of Dallas about a 5 1/2 hours by car.

Per his HSCA testimony, Robert Ray Mckeown lives in San Leon, Texas which is on a little peninsula sticking out into Galveston Bay just south of Houston. It's about 4 1/2 hours south of Dallas by car.

This is the latest date prior to the assassination that I put Ruby in easy visiting distance of R. R. McKeown's.