The Education Forum

Roswell confession

As Ron pointed out, one of the big reasons for UFOs being considered improbable is the distances to travel and the speeds involved. Without a Faster-Than-Light (FTL) drive system, it's all just too big. Scientists generally don't see any way around this problem as yet.

Some people, however, might be scratching at the surface of a system that makes 'conventional' FTL travel possible.

Now, I'm not strong on this suit so excuse any inaccuracies.

The problem with FTL now is that the closer we get to c (the speed of light), the mass of the object being accelerated becomes larger. As you approach c, the mass becomes "infinite". You'd need incredible propulsion to continue to accelerate and the attraction of the mass would probably kill everything aboard the spacecraft - including the spacecraft.

It would seem, though, that some scientists think they may be on the way to be able to reduce your mass to zero whilst still keeping all your regular dimensions. With zero mass, you could accelerate up to c and avoid all the nasty side effects. Although it is still very early days, this notion is not considered entirely impractical!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David Guyatt

When it comes to technical stuff I revert to counting ants...

But, with that caveat, I think the "zero gravity" concept might fit what you're think of. And if it is then we'reback to the Nazis, WWII, Operation Paperclip and a missing Nazi General called Kammler.

David

I believe the connection between the 229 and B-2 is the "burying" of the engines in the wing roots to reduce heat sig's.

ah yes....Kammler....

according to what I've read, derGeneral was involved in, or responsible for, research on something called "the Bell", near the facilities at Johannistal....which, supposedly, is also connected to 2 or more U-boats off loading at Patagonia, months after WW2 was over....

if anyone has info on Gen. Kammler after his "disapearance", please share.

thanks!

Guest David Guyatt

An additional curiosity about UFO's.

Some years ago a very able researcher friend of mine showed me a batch of FOIA documents he had been sent. In fact, he had a whole room full of FOIA material from a variety of US agencies. Included was one that revealed what I thought was a juicy secret.

At one time in the cold war, the US had a plan to send a fleet of bombers to the Soviet Union to nuke them in a first strike. To veil this fleet the smart guys at the Pentagon decided they would create a major UFO flap to feed the media and so hoodwink, they hoped, the Russians. How likely it is that the Russians would fall for this I have no way of knowing. But what interested me was the mentality of the decision as it related to the UFO phenomenon. It was as though UFO's were a good cover story for other more devious machinations.

If you think about this curiosity somewhat it suggests that UFO's, as an alien intelligence visiting this planet, didn't amount to a hill of beans to these frist strike nuke planners. Their focus was Russia their enemy. Very down to earth.

Now I wonder why that was...

David

Guest David Guyatt

I, for one, eagerly look forward to reading your important book, Peter. Others too, I think will flock to it once it is published.

David

• 4 years later...