The Education Forum

George H. W. Bush and Assassination of JFK

I'd feel a little better about Bush's Rotary Club speech

if we had some witnesses, a copy of his speech or subject,

the arrangements for his appearance, the newspaper

coverage, etc. Surely SOMEONE in Tyler remembers him

being there...if he were there. Can anybody come up

with a clipping or a genuine witness? Seems like the

It was the Kiwanis Club, and according to Kitty Kelly's book The Family, Kiwanis vice president Aubrey Irby was given the news of the assassination by a bellhop while Bush was speaking. Irby told Kiwanis president Wendell Cherry, who told Bush, who did not continue his speech. Irby and Cherry may both still be around to confirm Bush's presence.

Also, according to Kelly's book, Barbara Bush remembers clearly being in Tyler. She was writing a letter in a beauty salon when she heard the news.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what are you Republican/CIA/Bush/Haliburton/America-hating lunatics implying? That he was delinquent in passing along pertinent security information, or that he had a role in the assassination itself? If the latter, I look forward to the defamation lawsuit you nuts so richly deserve. And to think someone recently posted a thread lauding Simkin for running an "intelligent" message board.

If you read the complete thread you will realize that George H. W. Bush has been accused of far greater crimes than passing along security information. By the way, Bush denies that he is the "George H. W. Bush" in the memo. That is the same Bush who denies he was involved in Operation 40 and knew anything about the Iran-Contra deals.

I don't think George Bush will sue me. He uses other methods to keep people quiet. I recently invited the author of a very good book on Bush that was published in 1993. I wanted to ask him about where he got his information about the links between Bush and Operation 40. His reply was very interesting.

"When I wrote the book it was 15 years ago. I am no longer into it anymore after I was targeted for murder by a member of the first Bush's White House. Since then I have kept my nose clean for fear of my health and safety."

As for being anti-Republican, haven't you read my posts on Lyndon Johnson? In the next few days I will be making some posts on Bill Clinton's relationship with drug lords in Alabama. My target is corrupt politicians, whatever party they belong to. Democracy does not exist unless you are able to expose corrupt politicians. Mind you, your biography claims that you are in public relations in Washington. I suppose your job is to protect corrupt politicians.

It was the Kiwanis Club, and according to Kitty Kelly's book The Family, Kiwanis vice president Aubrey Irby was given the news of the assassination by a bellhop while Bush was speaking. Irby told Kiwanis president Wendell Cherry, who told Bush, who did not continue his speech. Irby and Cherry may both still be around to confirm Bush's presence.

Also, according to Kelly's book, Barbara Bush remembers clearly being in Tyler. She was writing a letter in a beauty salon when she heard the news.

Thanks for the reference, Ron. Sorry about remembering it

as the Rotary Club instead of Kiwanis. I guess because in Fort

Worth the downtown Rotary Club always meets on Friday.

Hmmmm. Odd that Barbara Bush would travel to Tyler to go

to a beauty shop! Women usually prefer their own hairdresser.

And she goes to a beauty shop instead of going with her

husband?

Jack

Just what are you Republican/CIA/Bush/Haliburton/America-hating lunatics implying? That he was delinquent in passing along pertinent security information, or that he had a role in the assassination itself? If the latter, I look forward to the defamation lawsuit you nuts so richly deserve. And to think someone recently posted a thread lauding Simkin for running an "intelligent" message board.

If you read the complete thread you will realize that George H. W. Bush has been accused of far greater crimes than passing along security information. By the way, Bush denies that he is the "George H. W. Bush" in the memo. That is the same Bush who denies he was involved in Operation 40 and knew anything about the Iran-Contra deals.

I don't think George Bush will sue me. He uses other methods to keep people quiet. I recently invited the author of a very good book on Bush that was published in 1993. I wanted to ask him about where he got his information about the links between Bush and Operation 40. His reply was very interesting.

"When I wrote the book it was 15 years ago. I am no longer into it anymore after I was targeted for murder by a member of the first Bush's White House. Since then I have kept my nose clean for fear of my health and safety."

As for being anti-Republican, haven't you read my posts on Lyndon Johnson? In the next few days I will be making some posts on Bill Clinton's relationship with drug lords in Alabama. My target is corrupt politicians, whatever party they belong to. Democracy does not exist unless you are able to expose corrupt politicians. Mind you, your biography claims that you are in public relations in Washington. I suppose your job is to protect corrupt politicians.

This book?

Jack

husband?

Jack

This book?

Jack

In Barbara Bush's autobiography she gives a detailed account of their activities that day.

She also said that a man named Mr. Zeppo had them flown into dallas on his private plane that day.

The Zeppo part makes me think of Tosh Plumlee (nicknamed Zappy or Zapata?) and the plane he says he flew into Dallas that day.

She described circling the airport waiting for the President's plane to leave so they could land.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Robbins

• 3 months later...
I have just visited my own George H. W. Bush page. Google AdSense had sold the advert to the Cuba Study Group. Does anyone know anything about this group?

http://www.cubastudygroup.org

It seems just another part of the Bush fund for economic terrorism aimed ae the Cuban people. Making funds available for those who wish to interfere with Cubas sovereignty, backed by those who had their property nationalised after the Cuban revolution (like the Mafia and United Fruit for exaple), and through further desatabilising the economy by offering dollars to those who sign up, they hope to one day get their hands on it again. Given how they used it at the time, and what they have been up to since then, obviously their little enterprise deserves to fail.

"Posted on Fri, Mar. 17, 2006

Helms-Burton Act may need change, supporter says

BY PABLO BACHELET

Knight Ridder Newspapers

WASHINGTON -

Ten years after the controversial Helms-Burton Act tightened the U.S. trade embargo on Cuba, one of its staunchest supporters now says that some of its key passages may need to be changed.

Back in 1996, President Clinton signed the Cuban Liberty and Democratic Solidarity (Libertad) Act, which provided support for Cuban dissidents and threatened lawsuits against foreigners who invested in Cuban properties seized from U.S. subjects and businesses.

It also detailed what Cuba needed to do before the embargo could be lifted: for instance, when a transition government would have to hold elections - within 18 months - and who could head that government, not Fidel Castro or his brother Raul.

Florida Republican Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart, who drafted parts of the law, said he's generally pleased with Helms-Burton because it took key elements of Cuba policy out of the president's hands and thereby allowed the embargo ``to survive the second four years of the Clinton administration.''

But the law also contains ``static'' - unnecessary provisions, he added. ``Legislating is never a pretty process,'' he told The Miami Herald in a recent interview.

Diaz-Balart says he favors paring the conditions for lifting the embargo to three: Cuba must free all political prisoners and allow exiles to return, opposition political parties must be legalized, and the government must declare it will hold democratic elections ``in six months, one year, two years, three years.''

And what about the rest of Helms-Burton, including the clause that bars Fidel or Raul Castro from heading a transition government? Diaz-Balart makes it clear that if Raul met the three conditions, he would deal with Raul.

``That's what I call static,'' Diaz-Balart said. ``I don't care what the name is. The real name is legitimacy.''

If required, Helms-Burton could be changed ``in 72 hours'' to make it easier to lift the embargo, he added.

The Castro brothers have given no sign that they would consider Diaz-Balart's proposals for change. But his remarks nevertheless have raised some eyebrows among Cuba observers.

Tomas Bilbao, executive director of the Cuba Study Group, made up of moderate exiles who back a peaceful transition in Cuba, said Diaz-Balart's statements were ``a smart change in focus.''

``The congressman recognizes that the all-or-nothing approach in Helms-Burton is an impediment to bringing about a change,'' said Bilbao, director of operations for Florida Republican Sen. Mel Martinez's 2003 campaign.

Clinton signed the controversial Helms-Burton bill in 1996 amid the indignation that followed the shootdown by Cuban MiGs just weeks before of two small planes flown by the Miami-based Brothers to the Rescue. Four men were killed.

Critics of the law say it limits the role the U.S. government can play in Cuba after Castro.

``Giving people reason to believe that the United States sees itself as the ultimate arbiter of what happens in Cuba, which government is good or bad, which government is acceptable or not, which one is democratic or not ... undermines the objective of the U.S. playing a positive role in promoting a peaceful democratic transition in Cuba,'' said Richard Nuccio, a Clinton White House advisor on Cuba.

The Cuban government, which has attacked the provisions as a galling example of U.S. interventionism, estimates that Helms-Burton has cost the island $82 billion in potential investments. But it also oddly claimed that the government weathered the law's impacts. The law was passed when Cuba was opening itself up to foreign investments for the first time since the 1950s.

``They tried to score a home run on us, and we split their bat,'' the newspaper Juventud Rebelde said on its front page on March 12, when Helms-Burton turned 10 years old.

Many in the Cuban American community still back the legislation, largely drafted by Roger Noriega and Dan Fisk, then respectively aides to Sen. Jesse Helms of North Carolina and Rep. Dan Brown of Indiana, both Republicans.

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, a Florida Republican, said the law put an economic stranglehold on Castro, brought new attention to rights abuses in the island and ``provided help for human rights activists and pro-democracy forces in Cuba.''

Helms-Burton also generated an international storm of protest because it extended the reach of U.S. courts. Its Title III, which would allow U.S. residents to use U.S. courts to sue foreigners who invest in confiscated U.S. properties in Cuba, has been consistently waived by both the Clinton and Bush administrations.

Title IV, which strips executives and owners of foreign companies that invest in Cuba of their U.S. visas, has been selectively used, much to the irritation of Cuban-American lobbyists. The State Department has taken away visas, or threatened to do so, of Canadian, Mexican and Jamaican investors, but not of the more powerful Europeans."

It looks to be an initiative from American Cuban exiles.

"Google AdSense had sold the advert to the Cuba Study Group". What does that mean? What do you mean with advert?

Wim

Google AdSense arrange for adverts to appear on my web pages. What happens is that organizations buy keyword searches. In this case, they purchased "George H. W. Bush".

• 3 weeks later...

husband?

Jack

This book?

Jack

In Barbara Bush's autobiography she gives a detailed account of their activities that day.

She also said that a man named Mr. Zeppo had them flown into dallas on his private plane that day.

The Zeppo part makes me think of Tosh Plumlee (nicknamed Zappy or Zapata?) and the plane he says he flew into Dallas that day.

She described circling the airport waiting for the President's plane to leave so they could land.

Chuck

Coincidence?

The social security death index has 9 zeppos listed.

The last 3 are Albert, John and Minnie.

All are from Pennsylvania.

Albert died in Jan. 1964.

John, 30+ years junior to albert and minnie, died in 2003 in miami, florida.

There are tax forms in the archives listed as belonging to John and Minnie Smith.

I wonder if Albert and Minnie are the parents of John and if Albert was also named John?

Pure speculation.

I would sure like to know if a plane owned by a Mr. Zeppo landed in Dallas on 11/22/1963.

• 3 weeks later...

As for being anti-Republican, haven't you read my posts on Lyndon Johnson? In the next few days I will be making some posts on Bill Clinton's relationship with drug lords in Alabama. My target is corrupt politicians, whatever party they belong to. Democracy does not exist unless you are able to expose corrupt politicians.

John,

May we know the name of the author to whom you refer? When they threaten to kill you for writing a book, i become a lot more interested in that book.

I would love to read anything more re Clinton and drug lord/shipment connections. I've read one account of CIA cocaine shipments landing in Mena, Arkansas while Clinton was governer. Unfortunately, i wasn't able to find another such account from a different source. IMO, there has to be more than one source before i can consider something as credible/believable.

Oh, and if anybody cares: i'm neither republican nor democrat. I'm someone who searches for the truth.

I have read much and much -and there are certainly more interesting tidbits here than in the published domain- about the Bush connection to the JFK murder. I don't see it. Almost everything i do see, is written in the language of desperation; a person starts with a conclusion and then desperately tries to fill in the pieces to bring one to said conclusion. I neither defend nor attack anyone. But in the land of smoke and mirrors, i think it behooves me (and everyone really) to be a "hard sell" and at the same time to be open to any new idea (and that facts should come before the conclusion, not the other way around).

Regards,

Randy

Edited by Randy Downs

George H. W. Bush might not have been involved in the assassination of JFK but he was someone who was involved in a great number of illegal acts. I have therefore decided to start up a new section on my website entitled "the Crimes of George H. W. Bush":

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAirancontra.htm

Oh, excellent. I would really like to see HW Bush get the attention he so deserves. I'll go to that page and see what percentage of his enemies died at a young age.

George H. W. Bush might not have been involved in the assassination of JFK but he was someone who was involved in a great number of illegal acts. I have therefore decided to start up a new section on my website entitled "the Crimes of George H. W. Bush":

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAirancontra.htm

John...EXCELLENT! I just spent 30 minutes perusing it!

Maybe you should add his worst crime is foisting his idiot son on us,

while he and Cheney pull the puppet strings.

I suggest that everyone google BUSH CRIME FAMILY for even more.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Guest Paul Gibson

That realy get my gult up to mention some kind of romance of Camelot if you want to know how he realy got mention on the camelot it was from a small wizzard a boy about 6 or 7 years old with a bag of frog cee meealo a amphibiancide he wearing a wizzard out fit for a disguise would throw a handful of the amphibiancide on the presidents face right in front of the media within a few minutes the president would begin to make deep kroaks kroaking out of his control so came the gesture not to play it on his side the wizzard but on the other a trial at Camelot him a fake human replica and a toad.