The Education Forum

Coming to a Library Near You...(or in this case, me)...JVB's latest tour....:-0

Apparently, Judyth has rented a room at the Eden Prairie Library, in my neck-of-the-woods, to give a talk and sign her two books this Tuesday, 1-3. Of all the libraries in the Twin Cities, much less Minnesota, I find this choice reeking of irony. I don't know if I will be able to squeeze it into my schedule, but have had a request to have it taped. If anyone would like to do that, please let me know...Thanks...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized I still have a copy of Judyth's unauthorized two-volume tome "Lee Harvey Oswald" that I was keeping in order to address discrepancies between it and her later book. But I am past that stage now. I am offering it first to Stephen Roy, but if he doesn't want or need it, I'll be happy to send it to the first person who emails me...

Edited by Pamela Brown

Pamela, I'd be sure it would not be a donation to someone who would make it vanish. Lots of folks have not followed the entire Judyth saga and I'm sure some that have would prefer that such items simply were not readily available...causes unnecessary confusion you know.

Pamela, I'd be sure it would not be a donation to someone who would make it vanish. Lots of folks have not followed the entire Judyth saga and I'm sure some that have would prefer that such items simply were not readily available...causes unnecessary confusion you know.

Thanks for the reminder, Larry. I am assured it will be well taken-care-of. It will be in good hands. :-)

I did not want to give Judyth a heads-up (though since she says she is 'smarter than the average Bear' (Yogi Bear, you are all probably too young to remember)) she has probably anticipated this, but I want to let you know that I have emailed all the relevant news sources in my area, not to tell them to 'disbelieve' her, but to make them aware of how controversial she is and make sure they know that she has left a wide swath of destruction throughout the JFK assassination research community. I also pointed them to my blog, findingjudyth.blogspot.com. After all everyone has been through, most especially Mary Ferrell, Debra Conway, Barb J, Blackburst and David Lifton, I feel it is the least I can do....

The way I see it now, Judyth took aim (with the help of Fetzer almost right from the start) at the heart of the real JFK assassination CT movement. She took aim at everyone who was a threat, not only to the WCR, but to her 'alternative universe' version of the assassination where she, not Marina, was the queen bee and the hub around which all these events took place. Judyth went to Dallas and insinuated herself into the lives of Debra Conway and Mary Ferrell. She attempted to get Mary to rewrite her timelines on Lee Oswald, which are a priceless resource, in order to take control of them for her own ends. She attempted to destroy Debra's credibility. As I see it, Debra fought back and got caught in the maelstrom. David Lifton was a threat too, because right from the start he didn't 'believe' her. Stephen Roy's extensive research of everyone connected to David Ferrie has turned up not one possible mention of Judyth. So she appropriated materials he shared with other researchers and is apparently using them in her new book. Barb J became the expert on all the details of Judyth's early life, demonstrating discrepancy after discrepancy, not to mention misuse of documentation and Judyth used all these threads of discussion to sanitize her story. I could go on...

Edited by Pamela Brown

Interesting coincidence -- I tracked down my copy of MF+TMV which, regrettably, is not the first edition but the 5th, published in 1999. It was published by Wordsworth Communications, PO Box 15381, Bradenton, FL 34280. Isn't Bradenton where Judyth is from?

In this version, on p105, we have a description of Haslam's bioweapon plot on p105 -- "Ferrie and the angry Cuban exiles may have been willing to develop a biological weapon to kill Castro, but I personally do not think that Dr. Mary Sherman (or the other doctors) would have knowingly been party to the secret development of a biological weapon."

It is my thinking that the 'bioweapon plot' is the weakest part of Judyth's story, and LHO's running around MC with a dewars jar full of mice toxin the most ridiculous part of her book. It may also be the most telling. For just when is it that Judyth claims to have first met Haslam and vv? Sometime in the very late 90's? I am starting to wonder just what the real story is.

If anyone has a copy of the first edition could you please check to see if this statement is included? It is in Chapter 12, The Treatise. Thanks so much...

Pam,

I don't have that book, but I didn't know if you were familiar with or recall this (credit for find to either Barb J or Dave R., I think)

This is the amazon review for that book. Note the 2nd review listed,(January 2000) from an Avary Baker :

http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Ferrie-Monkey-Virus-Underground/dp/0964398125/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1414337797&sr=8-3&keywords=mary%2C+ferrie%2C+and+the+monkey+virus#customerReviews

"Mary, Ferrie: VERY Interesting! CIA Monkey Business By Avary Baker on January 19, 2000

Format: Paperback
Ed Haslam reveals that two -- maybe more--secret cancer research laboratories were connected with Tulane University, Dr. Alton Ochsner, and persons associated with the Kennedy assassination such as "Dr." David Ferrie and Lee Harvey Oswald. Logical, organized, and intriguing, this book contains hard-to-find photos and a good map. Haslam did his homework: he may have discovered the murderers of eminent cancer research scientist and orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Mary Sherman, who was found with a missing arm, on fire, and full of knife wounds, one to her heart. His book gives the reader a picture of sabotage, biological blunders and anti-Castro lab activity, and gives us hints about where the AIDS epidemic came from. Since this happened in New Orleans in 1963-1964, there may have been a lot of reasons for all the cover-ups concerning Oswald, who lived only about a mile from Dr. Sherman and the high tech research facility where she seems to have secretly worked. Bring your brains along, though: this book forces you to rethink what many people take for granted about the role of Lee Oswald, the alleged assassin of JFK."
So it appears that she read that book, and perhaps that is where the idea came from to incorporate it into the story.

"Avary Baker" is of course Judyth under an "alias" that any dummy can figure out because her middle name is "Vary". I guess this is her idea of a joke.

Yes. It has been my belief all along that Haslam seemed to have created an alternative environment that Judyth just walked into.

I had thought they did not meet until the late nineties. But they are both from Bradenton. Now I wonder when they actually did first meet and if and how the two of them cooked up this bioweapon plot early on. And we can see, in the 5th edition, this is not supposed to be a plot to kill Castro, but to prevent an epidemic....

Ok. I had a really uncomfortable feeling about going to the EP library to see Judyth so we are staying put. I hope I have not caused too much disappointment because of that.

On the other hand, I do feel that I can say, at last, that I feel I have "found Judyth." I will be writing my article and sharing it here and on aaj for vetting and suggestions as I go. I will be doing my best, not to discredit Judyth, but to explain her. I think her words and actions will speak for themselves. And in the process, I sincerely hope that anyone who is being lured into her web will gain some understanding of what they can expect.

To me the most evil people are those who play with the lives of others. This is what I have watched Judyth do -- with Marina Oswald, with hundreds of others, and also with me. I will do my best to add definition to her parallel universe, in hopes that others will be wiser as a result.

I have started writing Finding Judyth -- the article...I will share it at my blog as it develops. Comments and feedback are welcome...

http://findingjudyth.blogspot.com/2014/10/finding-judyth-article-work-in-progress.html

For Anyone Temped to "Believe" Judyth...(new post from Finding Judyth blog...)

Judyth Baker's modus operandi consists of one main tenet -- belief. If you 'believe' her, you are her friend; if you do not, you are her enemy. In fact, most any interest in anything Judyth has to say pretty much begins and ends with 'believing' that what she says is true, and that she is in a position to make such a statement.

Here is the dilemma as I see it -- Judyth did work at Reilly Coffee in NOLA at the same time as Lee Oswald. This is documented. They could have met there. It is not impossible that they became involved to some extent or another. However, beyond that, there is no actual objective documentation. There are no photos of them together. There are no love letters to her from him. No postcards. So what everyone is left with is "Judyth's word". And it is for this reason that 'belief' is so important. With 'belief' she is able to pick and choose what she calls 'documentation' and weave it into a fabric of appearances. And that is just what it is. In fact, it is my thinking that she has created a parallel universe which can only be entered by 'belief' because there is not sufficient actual documentation.

When Judyth contacted me in 2003 I explained that, as an historian, I did not 'believe' nor 'disbelieve' people. I weighed and evaluated what they had to say. I kept an open mind. I assured her that I would do that with her until her book (she was trying to sell her manuscript) had been published. However, that quickly translated into "Pamela must believe me". I was inundated with emails and drafts of chapters of her book (which I deleted in 2010 when we parted company) and brought into the circle of 'believers'.

When Judyth's 'unauthorized' book was published in 2007, called "Lee Harvey Oswald" (I am divesting myself of my copy today, sending it on to another researcher, and heaving a big sigh of relief) I began researching Judyth's claims in it. That was what I had agreed to. Now that her book was out, my end of the bargain, to remain objective, had been completed. Judyth became angry, insisting that this was not an authorized version and contained countless errors and that I should not yet research her claims. I fell for that one, and waited until 2010, when "Lee and Me" came out to tell her once again that our agreement was completed. At that point, she expressed astonishment and claimed there had been no such agreement to begin with. This is Judyth. A user. I felt I had been cleverly manipulated. And, during that time, my own status in the research community had been challenged, as I worked like a little hamster on a treadmill to keep an open forum for Judyth, and to try to quell the massive tide of those calling her a fraud perpetrating a hoax.

My thanks for seven years of objectivity was her apparently emailing all of her current 'believers' (she had by that time left hundreds of others in the dust) to tell them of my defection. She then emailed me, claiming with vicious hypocrisy -- "Who will believe you now?" This is the real Judyth.

So, if you decide to "believe" Judyth, expect to be flattered and flooded with emails. Expect to live a Judyth-centric life. Expect requests for money (which she did offer to repay). Expect to be pulled into a negative vortex of suspicion and subtle threats. If she has contacted you and asked you to be a believer, you can be confident that she considers you a threat to her parallel universe in some way and will attempt to undermine your credibility. When and if you defect, prepare to be treated badly. If you have walked into her alternate universe on your own (I will include Haslam here too, as it seems he created the universe that Judyth walked right into with his book Mary Farrie and the Monkey Virus), then you may have the option of remaining objective and weighing and evaluating what you are being told…good luck...

Well said Pamela, it seems to be very hard for people to follow how long and sad this saga has been - and that is from someone who was very interested in Ed's first version of his story - when it was something far different and outside what has become the Judyth universe. Larry

Someone posted this on Facebook. I thought it interesting...

The interviewer doesn't appear to believe her, either.

Judyth Vary Baker, the former lover of alleged John F. Kennedy killer Lee Harvey Oswald, joins the David Pakman Show in the brand new video below to drop new JFK assassination bombshells, including that Oswald once SAVED JFK’s life and that he was framed for the assassination. Baker claims to have unknowingly been working for the CIA prior to JFK’s assassination and if what she shares here is true, history’s about to be unchained

http://beforeitsnews.com/conspiracy-theories/2014/10/history-to-be-unchained-bombshell-new-jfk-assassination-info-revealed-2466092.html

I emailed this guy earlier today to let them know there is an alternative to simply'believing' her...:-0

Well said Pamela, it seems to be very hard for people to follow how long and sad this saga has been - and that is from someone who was very interested in Ed's first version of his story - when it was something far different and outside what has become the Judyth universe. Larry

Thanks, Larry. May I ask who Ed is and what his first version of Judyth's story is? I am not aware of that...

Pamela, I was referring to Ed Haslam and the first two editions of Mary's Monkey, I got each of them as they became available. I'm sure you are familiar with them. Certainly in his first writing on the subject he was totally focused on possible consequences of the polio vaccine, ultimately on immune deficiency diseases and on the a covert effort to deal with those issues. That was all there was to it, the only linke was Ferrie's purported personal interest in cancer research. There was nothing in those scenarios that included Judyth nor mention of either her or an unnamed character that would resemble the way she eventually came to present herself. At least that's the way I recall it at this distance in time.

Pamela, I was referring to Ed Haslam and the first two editions of Mary's Monkey, I got each of them as they became available. I'm sure you are familiar with them. Certainly in his first writing on the subject he was totally focused on possible consequences of the polio vaccine, ultimately on immune deficiency diseases and on the a covert effort to deal with those issues. That was all there was to it, the only linke was Ferrie's purported personal interest in cancer research. There was nothing in those scenarios that included Judyth nor mention of either her or an unnamed character that would resemble the way she eventually came to present herself. At least that's the way I recall it at this distance in time.

Yes, thanks Larry. I do agree. I have a copy of the Fifth printing, but have borrowed the first printing, and have a request for an inter-library loan to do that again.