The Education Forum

Guy Banister

One more thing: One thing that makes my biographical study of Ferrie easier than, say, a study of someone who lived in the 19th century, is that there are still people alive who knew him, and they will talk with the right approach.

There are several people in the assassination saga who deserve biographical study, and William Guy Banister is one of them. If any motivated (and impartial) observer would like to develop a specialty and become something of an "expert" in a narrow area, they might consider a study of Banister. Acquire every existing document, news article etc.; do a chronology, and use that as a road map to find people who knew him to interview, and this will lead to even more documentation. I just don't have the time any more, but I bet someone here does! Who was Banister? What was he really like?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"On 9th August, 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald distributed leaflets that supported Fidel Castro and his government in Cuba. On these leaflets was the address 544 Camp Street, New Orleans. This was also the office of Carlos Bringuier, an anti-Castro exile."

Sorry, but none of the leaflets contained the 544 Camp Street Address.

Also, what is your source that 544 Camp Street Address was Bringuier's office?

Todd:

My belief, for many years, was that the 544 Camp address appeared only on the Lamont "Crime Against Cuba" pamphlets. I was startled when Groden published a color image of one of Oswald's FPCC leaflets with the 544 address, and I wondered if it was a fake, or some artifact from the Stone film. Then Gus Russo printed one of Oswald's leaflets with the 544 address. My understanding is that it was real, that it was acquired from Oswald by NOPD officer Francis Martello when Oswald was arrested in New Orleans but kept by him for posterity, and that it ended up in the posession of Martello's widow. I understand there are also more of them. All this from a respected researcher.

Thank you for this updated info, Stephen. I know that I always sometimes never <grin> imagine things, at least in this case. Whenever someone uses phrases like "none of the pamphlets contained..." or "no one ever produced a pamphlet with..." or "there never was a pamphlet with..." I know that they are just blowing smoke and ascribing a much more omniscient and omnipresent perspective to themselves than anyone else would ever consider applying to them. Happens all the time in this research business. Never say never, as they say.

Seems ironic that it would take a slightly distorted quotation by a 3rd party non-JFK researcher, like Civil Rights Cold Case investigator Susan Klopfer, made by my alter ego from 15 years ago, to get me back onto the trail of Guy Banister and his multiple roles in the JFK conundrum. And for me to reopen the books on Guy Banister ONLY because he crossed paths with so many of my primary suspects and closely associated fiends, mainly the Wickliffe Draper, Andrew Preston, James Eastland, E.H. Hunt, Julien Sourwine and Robert Morris nexus of characters inolved with SISS and the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission may seem a bit disingenuous to some, but I think it is fully justified, given the depth and breath of research I have put into this group. Some of them, like the Drapers and the Prestons, have family ties to both United Fruit known as "El Pulpo" (or the Octopus) going back to about 1900 or even earlier with The Boston Fruit Company, including the use of their personal military attaches Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

of The United States Marine Corps, a young Douglas MacArthur and others like Matthew Ridgeway or George Patton who built their military careers, apparently as the bought and paid for little biatches for United Fruit in Latin America.

Then to find out that Gen. Smedley Butler, J. P. Morgan, John J. Raskob from Chase Bank, Gerald Maguire and Wickliffe Draper were involved with "The Plot to Seize the White House" by Jules Archer in the 1930's just sort of seals the entire deal up in a nice neat package.

Then if you consider that the path from Gerald Maguire against FDR through Russell Maguire against JFK who owned The American Mercury right after Clendenin J. Ryan owned it, you realize that this business of organizing coups against Presidents is a family business and a heritage going back 75 years or more. With Wickliffe Draper, if you count his relatives assault and murder against Lincoln over the issue of their quasi-monopolistic cotton and slave trade

issues you are talking about 150 years of Regicide.

"Thomas Ryan, who had financed the operation, died in 1928 and his son disposed of Auto-Ordnance Corporation. When the company was sold to Maguire Industries, Thompson lost control. The firm was to remain in Russell Maguire's hands until 1951 when it was sold to George Numrich, Jr. of the Numrich Arms Corporation."

When you consider that it was Clendenin J. Ryan's grandfather Thomas Fortune Ryan who financed Thompson for his submachine gun project right after the first World War, you realize how important Clendenin J. Ryan's financing of Ulius Amoss' and Carleton Coon's ISI operations really were in fact. Amoss and Coon INVENTED the concept of programmed assassins using ManCand techniques, with Robert Emmett Johnson and perhaps even Gerry Hemming and Lee Harvey Oswald as 3 of their prized pupils, and it was inherited by Ray S. Cline after that in Baltimore. Doug Caddy indicated that he started YAF with funding from Charles Edison and the encouragement from his college roommate Clendenin J. Ryan, Jr. William F. Buckley, Jr. of course, not only started YAF, but worked for The American Mercury under Ryan, but was joined there by George Lincoln Rockwell and L. Brent Bozell his brother in law. Another Buckley brother in law, Gerald O'Reilly was President of the H. Smith Richardson Foundation during their MK/ULTRA research at Bridgewater State Hospital. Smedley Butler bailed out Pantapec Oil and Buckley's father's other interests in Mexico and E. H. Hunt bailed out United Fruit's and the Dulles brothers' interests during the Jacobo Arbenz coup in Guatamala. Of course, Buckley was the godfather to E. H. Hunt's children, a self-admitted JFK conspirator who often frequented by neighbor's childhood home in Miami, Florida. Hunt was the classmate of both Anastase Vonsiatsky and George Lincoln Rockwell at Brown University in Providence, RI and of course, we all known now that Vonsiatsky was THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE from Condon's novel of the same name. (Whew!) Thank you for following along at home, boys and girls. And representatives from the Draper, Buckley, Willoughby and McCormick families all rode against Pancho Villa in Pershing's Punitive Campaign against that "bandito." Now you know why Richard Condon mentioned the likes of Buckley, GLK Smith, Oliver, Draper, MacArthur, Willoughby, Robert Morris and others in his novel, or do you?

More on this Smedley Butler quote:

"I was a Racketeer and Ganster for Capitalism..."

Smedley Butler on Interventionism

-- Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

--SOME BACKGROUND--

The corporate Robber barons tried to stage a coup and take over the FDR presidency. They were angry about the New Deal and wanted to take over the Executive branch.

The supposed people behind the coup were JP Morgan, the Duponts, the Remington Steel interests and others. They had a middle man (name escapes...Gerald Maguire?) who met with Colonel Butler on a number of occasions to hopefully bring him on board to implement the coup. Butler was the highest ranking military officer at the time, and he was also the most respected and revered by troops nationwide. The corporate "boys" concluded it was necessary to bring him on board to initiate and rally the troops to do their bidding, which apparently was to send 500,000 troops to Washington D.C. and I would assume the White House.

Butler listened during the meetings, extracting as much of the information that he could. Then he went to a reporter for a Philadelphia paper and a New Jersey (i think) senator and proceeded to lay out the entire plan that had been place in front of him.

It's public record, although, it remains noticebly absent from history books.

Smedley Butler should have a monument in D.C. right next to Lincoln's. Perhaps he will some day.

Edited by John Bevilaqua

One more thing: One thing that makes my biographical study of Ferrie easier than, say, a study of someone who lived in the 19th century, is that there are still people alive who knew him, and they will talk with the right approach.

There are several people in the assassination saga who deserve biographical study, and William Guy Banister is one of them. If any motivated (and impartial) observer would like to develop a specialty and become something of an "expert" in a narrow area, they might consider a study of Banister. Acquire every existing document, news article etc.; do a chronology, and use that as a road map to find people who knew him to interview, and this will lead to even more documentation. I just don't have the time any more, but I bet someone here does! Who was Banister? What was he really like?

Beg to differ. I think we know Banister now about as well as we are ever going to know him, IMHO. And this new information which I have slowly dredged up about his little known roles with the Anti-Communism League of the Caribbean and WACL (c. 1995), with SISS (c. 2000), with United Fruit and the Guatamala coup (c. 2005), and now with Wickliffe P. Draper and James O. Eastland and the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission (c. 2010) really cements his role as the primary New Orleans operative in the whole JFK conundrum and maybe even more.

Anyone who attempts to trivialize his role by saying he was expendable is also being a bit disingenuous. It was critical to snuff him out before Garrison got to him, because he will go down in history as one of the Top Ten ground level operatives and controllers while I still think that David Ferrie and even Jack Ruby were truly expendable little pipsqueaks who talked too much. Banister, however, was a violent and unpredictable psychotic with truly pivotal and crucial roles to fulfill in the JFK plot, which was always a risky proposition for everyone involved. He knew more about the multiple tiers and the roles of some of the really major players than almost anyone else outside of Condon's Dirty Dozen. I mean his offices were in the same building with Brig. Gen. "Fighting Frank" Bonner Fellers and his For America and TMA operations as well as Oswald's FPCC operations and just around the corner from United Fruit and the Dulles brothers operations. Name anyone else with deeper or wider ranging connections. Anyone. And to say something like: "Well he died broke and behind on the rent, therefore he never got paid off appropriately for his pivotal role in the JFK hit, so it must not have been very pivotal after all." is also disingenuous. GLK Smith never got a dime for his Christ of the Ozarks or broke ground until perhaps June or July of 1964, he just started out with more money in the bank than Banister ($5,000.00 as of 12/31/1963) but they were both nearly destitute and very open to any mercenary operation to fill their coffers before retirement. And I am sure that Banister had been promised hundreds of thousands of dollars after the fact by the Draper forces. Just because he never lived to collect it does not exonerate him from culpability in the act. In fact, killing him was not only a good investment but a mandatory safeguard against further leaks during drunken revelries.

Todd:

My belief, for many years, was that the 544 Camp address appeared only on the Lamont "Crime Against Cuba" pamphlets. I was startled when Groden published a color image of one of Oswald's FPCC leaflets with the 544 address, and I wondered if it was a fake, or some artifact from the Stone film. Then Gus Russo printed one of Oswald's leaflets with the 544 address. My understanding is that it was real, that it was acquired from Oswald by NOPD officer Francis Martello when Oswald was arrested in New Orleans but kept by him for posterity, and that it ended up in the posession of Martello's widow. I understand there are also more of them. All this from a respected researcher.

Stephen, do you happen to know which book of Groden's it was where that color image was published? In The Search for Lee Harvey Oswald,

(Penguin Books 1995, p 66) Groden writes "In June he was on the streets of New Orleans passing out the leaflets. Hand-stamped on the first batch

was the address 544 Camp Street. All later handouts bore either his Magazine Street address or post office box number 30016."

Stephen, if Groden's above claim is correct, how did Martello get one in August?

On page 68 Groden repeats the claim and reproduces the stamped Camp Street address, but there is no picture of the leaflet.

In the above mentioned book, Groden does reproduce Commission Exhibit 3120 (The Crime Against Cuba) and it does show the Camp Street address.

It doesn't seem to appear here: http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol26_0405b.htm

Of course when he testified before the Warren Commission, Martello told Wesley Liebeler: "I turned the original paper over to the United States Secret Service along with the pamphlets, all of the pamphlets."

My favorite Martello quote was this: "Well, as far as being capable of an act, I guess everbody is capable of an act, but as far as dreaming

or thinking that Oswald would do what it is alleged that he has done, I would bet my head on a chopping block that he wouldn't do it."

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/w...Vol10_0035a.htm

Finally, Gus Russo does print an alleged photo (attributed to the National Archives) of the handbill with the name L. H. Oswald

above the 544 Camp Street address, but his account of the entire episode does not seem complete or even credible. First he explains

that Oswald "didn't claim Banister's address as his own." Then on the next page, Russo posits that Oswald used the Camp Street address

in order to embarrass Banister. Russo writes that shortly before his death in 1964, Banister offered that explanation to his brother Ross.

Russo also concludes: "After much contention, it has become clear that Banister had nothing to do with Oswald or any Kennedy assassination attempts."

Todd:

Stephen, do you happen to know which book of Groden's it was where that color image was published? In The Search for Lee Harvey Oswald,

(Penguin Books 1995, p 66) Groden writes "In June he was on the streets of New Orleans passing out the leaflets. Hand-stamped on the first batch

was the address 544 Camp Street. All later handouts bore either his Magazine Street address or post office box number 30016."

Stephen, if Groden's above claim is correct, how did Martello get one in August?

On page 68 Groden repeats the claim and reproduces the stamped Camp Street address, but there is no picture of the leaflet.

In the above mentioned book, Groden does reproduce Commission Exhibit 3120 (The Crime Against Cuba) and it does show the Camp Street address.

It doesn't seem to appear here: http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol26_0405b.htm

Of course when he testified before the Warren Commission, Martello told Wesley Liebeler: "I turned the original paper over to the United States Secret Service along with the pamphlets, all of the pamphlets."

My favorite Martello quote was this: "Well, as far as being capable of an act, I guess everbody is capable of an act, but as far as dreaming

or thinking that Oswald would do what it is alleged that he has done, I would bet my head on a chopping block that he wouldn't do it."

Finally, Gus Russo does print an alleged photo (attributed to the National Archives) of the handbill with the name L. H. Oswald

above the 544 Camp Street address, but his account of the entire episode does not seem complete or even credible. First he explains

that Oswald "didn't claim Banister's address as his own." Then on the next page, Russo posits that Oswald used the Camp Street address

in order to embarrass Banister. Russo writes that shortly before his death in 1964, Banister offered that explanation to his brother Ross.

Russo also concludes: "After much contention, it has become clear that Banister had nothing to do with Oswald or any Kennedy assassination attempts."

Yep: 321 St. Charles Ave. (United Fruit) to 544 Camp Street (Banister/FPCC address) is only about 1/2 mile or less as the crow flies... Google Map it.

Looks like one of my purloined citations dug out from the deep recesses of my mind has caused a little maelstrom of controversy here. Now I realize why Russo is: [always] [sometimes] [never] (circle one) considered unreliable regarding his ultimate conclusions and stacking of the evidence into deviously distorted and convoluted facts.

Anyone care to pitch in on the links of Banister via his Anti-Communism (or Anti-Communist) League of the Caribbean

into all the regime changes he is alleged to have participated in involving "Banana Wars" and "Banana Dictators" over the years including the E.H. Hunt coup for United Fruit against Jacobo Arbenz in Guatamala? The office of United Fruit built in 1920 was right on East Charles St. near the offices of Banister after all.

And what do you make of the possible sinister roles of Banister, SISS and/or Eastland in the Klein's Sporting Goods fiasco, in the Clinton, LA voter registration drive or in the Oswald leafleting campaigns? Seems to be a pattern here.

When you combine that with the brand new discovery of Banister's role with Draper's MissSovComm, DeLesseps Morrison and Eastland you have to reach the almost inescapable conclusion that Banister was knee deep into some

really deep and sinister events and people.

Edited by John Bevilaqua

Todd:

I'm going from memory. I recall it from one of Groden's two picture books. I thought it was in Search, but maybe it was in his Killing of JFK book. I'm not so sure I'd trust Groden's summary of dates.

As for the Martello thing, send me a personal message on this board.

Todd:

I'm going from memory. I recall it from one of Groden's two picture books. I thought it was in Search, but maybe it was in his Killing of JFK book. I'm not so sure I'd trust Groden's summary of dates.

Stephen and Michael

The green colored "Hands Off Cuba" FPCC pahmplet was printed in "The Killing of a President" on page 141

However, to me it looks like its not real

If you would like I could post a scan of that page so you guys could see for yourselfs

Dean

Edited by Dean Hagerman

Todd:

Stephen and Michael

The green colored "Hands Off Cuba" FPCC pahmplet was printed in "The Killing of a President" on page 141

If you would like I could post a scan of that page so you guys could see for yourselfs

Dean

Hi Dean

H. Dean here, please do post scan of "Hands Off Cuba"

Harry

Todd:

Stephen and Michael

Dean

Hi Dean

H. Dean here, please do post scan of "Hands Off Cuba"

Harry

No problem Harry

Let me scan it up

1okqpw.jpg

Harry, Stephen and Michael, here you go

Thanks Dean.

From my past experiences with FPCC this flyer seems genuine.

Harry

I trust your judgement Harry

Whoever said that the life and times of Guy Bannister should be looked at in detail, is a pretty sharp chap. As usual the problem, is that there is a lot of spiderwebs to weave in and out of regarding him and his "associates." Take Bannister's ONI credentials. I would love it if one person could prove conclusively his being, "once ONI, always ONI."

Even though it is important to remember finding factual evidence of a conspiracy, is the goal in that regard, and not getting into endless point-counterpoint "road to nowhere" forum postings, there are some rather incredible assertions re Bannister and his "near the end of his life activities."

Submitted for your approval......

In the saga of the JFK assassination, there are several intelligence agencies that recieve scant attention, at least factually

compared to the Agency, which has been written about extensively in comparison.....albeit with good reason

A trifecta?

How about the Office of Naval Intelligence, Air Force Intelligence and Field Operations Intelligence.

Digressing, there is an allegation that Layton Martens mother had foreknowledge, to a degree of plans to assassinate JFK, and that she was placed in a mental hospital not once but twice, and that Guy Bannister was involved in the subject matter.

This is as described in The Dealey Plaza Echo Vol 11, Number 1 March 2007

See page 13 of Rose Cheramie by John J. Johnson

If this is true that would tend to validate a certain amount of material that has been written about the Big Easy in "those days."

Seems like there has been a considerable negative imprint here on the forum the last few months, I suppose thats what happens when the resident bull in the china closet, is given carte blanche.....I guess the old adage about squeaky wheels is true.....

Another informative piece of information of sorts, if one is interested in Oswald and the Great Game, is

The Secret Services Handbook - Michael Bradley with Thomas Carmichael

http://books.google.com/books?id=iWWaTQH5ikgC&dq=

If you agree that some things not publicized are more than worthwhile, the book seems to fit that category....

Dealey Plaza was almost 50 years ago, but the great game goes on and on.........

Edited by Robert Howard