The Education Forum

The Flap at the top of the Head

While much has been made of the Parkland/Bethesda divide, whereby witnesses at Parkland Hospital mostly claimed the fatal head wound was towards the back of the head, and where the autopsy photos and x-rays seem to depict no wound in this location, I recently came to realize this "divide" is not as wide as presumed. While some have long claimed the confusion was brought about by the fact there were flaps of bone that were closed up for the autopsy photos, I found this far-fetched.

But I now believe I was wrong. When one looks at a GIF of two of the back of the head photos, it becomes readily apparent that the top of the head held in Boswell's hand moves between the pictures, and that he is holding onto a flap of bone that when opened up would extend across the top of the head almost to the back of the head. This is in keeping with the x-rays, moreover, which showed extensive fracturing in this area. While this flap does not appear to extend down onto the far back of the head, and will no doubt prove "unsatisfactory" to those wishing to believe the wound was actually on the far back of the head, it should prove interesting to the more open-minded, and destroy the notion the photo shows no damage to the top of the back of the head, where many witnesses recalled a wound.

JFKBOH.gif?attredirects=0&d=1

This flap would not be the reported "surgery to the top of the head"? A flap created by incising the scalp and pulling it back, with the skull fragments attached, where these had previously been contained by the intact cranial scalp. Which scalp had remained intact because of the back-of-head blowout, that blowout concealed by photo alteration in the shot of Boswell pinching the scalp flap closed.