The Education Forum

Alex Kleinlerer claims to be alarmed that LHO was returning from Russia?

looking through some material regarding George Bouhe and friends, I found this statement as recorded in an FBI interview by SA Malon Jennings on 12/3/63.

"Kleinlerer stated that he's a very good friend of Max Clark. When he saw in the paper that Oswald was returning to the US with his Russian wife, he spoke to Max Clark and his wife at that time, and he was against having anything to do with Oswald because he said he did not trust him. He stated that at that time, Max Clark seemed to feel the same way, but later Oswald and his wife were brought to Ft Worth by some of the Dallas acquaintances of Max Clark." (2nd attachment, 2nd paragraph)

Now this interview of Kleinlerer was in the context of investigating "other individuals" connected to George Bouhe and the St Nich Parish Russian community; I can't imagine Kleinlerer saying he didn't trust Oswald on the sole basis of whatever a newspaper article would have stated about him or the fact that he was returning from Russia.

The way this statement is written, it certainly sounds to me like there was some kind of knowledge of or familiarity with Oswald by both K. and Max Clark previous to O's trip to Russia.

On the previous page to this one, Kleinlerer is described as saying he just met O. 14 months ago, through Elena Hall.

Am I missing something, or reading too much into this...??? Or does that sound kinda curious to anyone else, too?

post-6441-0-54431500-1470506232_thumb.jpg

post-6441-0-79757700-1470506246_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glenn Nall

ok, so what I'm getting at is that Oswald wasn't known to any of these people before he went to Russia (how could he be? he (they?) was busy touring the country and joining the Marine Corps); Bouhe, the Fords, the Paines, the Clarks, the Halls - so why is it that Kleinlerer would state that he doesn't want anything to do with Oswald because he doesn't trust him?

does no one else find this comment weird?

Edited by Glenn Nall

I think you're right that, if the report means what it says--it's not a signed deposition, but a secondhand account of an interview--then Oswald was the subject of discussions BEFORE KLEINLERER EVER MET HIM.

That would be QUITE odd, IMHO.

It would make me wonder WHY such discussions took place.

right - what kind of discussion about Oswald would there be...? because he "saw it in the paper"? IF so, what paper - what kind of paper is writing that "Lee Harvey Oswald's on his way back from Russia with a new Russian wife"...?

and if he didn't see it in a paper, then ... ?