The Education Forum

Virtual School Website

John Simkin

I also have some material (Flash Animation in English and some short articles in Spanish) on Cold War Politics and Olympic Games. It could be a good idea to upload it on E-HELP website.

I'll have something sorted out you can both use after the weekend <_<

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have now completed the work on the Olympic Games Project. It amounts to 21 pages (9,182 words).

I have posted it on the Virtual School Website. However, as always I have received numerous error messages during the process and will check with Chui Hsia to see if it has been published correctly.

I would like to create some activities to go with the material. However, I have been told that the website will eventually be closed down. Is it therefore worth me doing this?

I too did have produce different new material for History department but I do think that it’s a meaningless gesture today.

The Virtual school will soon be made inactive and by that made unattractive for visitors.

I do not believe that many other departments at Virtual school do produce or publish anything.

On the other hand: would we (we = History department) like to go down with the flag on top? If the answer is yes than maybe we can try to be active until the last moment.

Edited by Dalibor Svoboda

Would you like to upload it to the e-help website? You could be the first to try out the new system?

I am afraid there is a copyright issue here. The copyright of the material belongs to Department of Education (they paid for my participation). They have yet to decide what will happen to this material when the VS closes down.

• 2 months later...
Would you like to upload it to the e-help website? You could be the first to try out the new system?

I am afraid there is a copyright issue here. The copyright of the material belongs to Department of Education (they paid for my participation). They have yet to decide what will happen to this material when the VS closes down.

As I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) the VS-website is to close between Sepotember 2005 (old site) and September 2006 (New site). Copyright problems should solve themselves by then.

• 2 weeks later...
As I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) the VS-website is to close between Sepotember 2005 (old site) and September 2006 (New site). Copyright problems should solve themselves by then.

If nothing else the meeting Virtual school are planning to hold in Stockholm 16-17 of September this year should clarify a lot of questions members do have.

Therefore I hope that as many members of History department as possible will attend this meeting.