The Education Forum

Paul Kuntzler New York Times Conspiracy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://thephoenix.com/article_ektid31507.aspx

When somebody actually gets a complete copy of the ad, please post it so we can all read it.

Thanks,

BK

The guy does have a pretty good understanding of the perps IMO.

Highlights:

"...“President John Fitzgerald Kennedy,” he contends, “was murdered by Vice President Lyndon Baines Johnson in a widespread, incredibly complex and brilliantly planned conspiracy that involved the Federal Bureau of Investigations directed by J. Edgar Hoover, the Central Intelligence Agency directed by David Atlee Phillips, the Secret Service, the United States Navy, General Curtis LeMay of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Ford Motor Company [for secretly repairing the bullet damage to the limo), the Dallas Police including Dallas mayor Earle Cabell, big oil of Texas, the Texas political establishment, the mafia, and the anti-Castro Cubans.”

When asked why he cares so keenly about this issue, why he’s devoted so much time and money to something most people just shrug away with a rueful frown, his normally even-keeled voice rises considerably. “Because it changed the course of history. The last 43 years! There would have been no Vietnam war, where 57,000 Americans died and 300,000 were injured, including my brother. Two million Vietnamese. Nixon wouldn’t have been president. There wouldn’t have been any Bushes. There wouldn’t have been an Iraq War. It’s a matter of integrity. I think the American people, once they learn the truth, will take a big broom and clean house.”

There were also six VHS volumes of The Men Who Killed Kennedy, an incendiary British documentary series that began airing on A&E in 1988; a DVD of fresh footage from Dallas’s WFAA-TV, called JFK: The Story Behind the Story; and some crumbling, yellowing newspapers, one of them the November 23, 1963 issue of the New York Times, screaming: KENNEDY IS KILLED BY SNIPER AS HE RIDES IN CAR IN DALLAS; JOHNSON SWORN IN ON PLANE.

The package contained another issue of the Times, this one dated November 25, 1963, the day after Jack Ruby pumped Lee Harvey Oswald’s stomach with a hot .38 slug. PRESIDENT’S ASSASSIN IS SHOT TO DEATH IN CORRIDOR OF JAIL BY A CITIZEN OF DALLAS: KENNEDY ADMIRER FIRES ONE BULLET, the headline reads. President’s assassin. Not “alleged” assassin, or “accused” assassin. Less than 72 hours after John F. Kennedy was killed, the Times was already sure of its man. Maybe Kuntzler is on to something when he accuses the Gray Lady of whitewashing the truth.

The assassination, Kuntzler says now, “is the pivotal event of my life.” But it wasn’t until 1991, when a friend sent him a video documentary on the conspiracy theory, that he began studying it in earnest. He bought Crossfire, by assassination theorist Jim Marr. And the first set of The Men Who Killed Kennedy. He spent the next four years buried in evidence. Finally, he says, “I came to two conclusions: Lee Harvey Oswald killed no one — neither Dallas police officer Jefferson Davis Tippit nor President John Fitzgerald Kennedy. And that the government had restructured evidence to bring it in line with their version of events.”

Nearly 40 years later, a friend gave Kuntzler a copy of Robert Caro’s Master of the Senate, the third of a proposed four-volume biography of this very complex politician.

“One third of the way through, I realized that Lyndon Johnson was responsible for the assassination,” Kuntzler says plainly. “I learned that he was utterly corrupt. He was always on the take. That he had an overpowering ambition for being president, and he would stop at nothing.”

THE GAY RIGHT: Clay Shaw (top) and David Ferrie (bottom) allegedly set up Oswald through the CIA.

In his 20s, Kuntzler had supported seemingly populist Texas Democrat Lyndon Johnson. He campaigned for him in 1964, heading into the Deep South with stacks of “LBJ for the USA” stickers. Nearly 40 years later, a friend gave Kuntzler a copy of Robert Caro’s Master of the Senate, the third of a proposed four-volume biography of this very complex politician.

“One third of the way through, I realized that Lyndon Johnson was responsible for the assassination,” Kuntzler says plainly. “I learned that he was utterly corrupt. He was always on the take. That he had an overpowering ambition for being president, and he would stop at nothing.”

Later, Kuntzler tracked down Barr McClellan’s book Blood, Money & Power: How L.B.J. Killed J.F.K. in an Atlanta bookstore, which confirmed his suspicions. The scales dropped from his eyes. The disparate parts of the assassination synthesized into a coherent whole, each actor’s role and motive crystal clear.

• LBJ helped put the plot into motion and was apprised of its workings. He “was largely a bystander, but he was a beneficiary.”

• J. Edgar Hoover threw in his hat because of Kennedy’s plans to oust him as FBI chief.

• The CIA brass was incensed by Kennedy’s plan to scale back the agency to the size envisioned by Harry Truman.

• The Texas oil industry was furious about Kennedy’s desire to reduce the lucrative oil-depletion allowance.

• The Mafia, who’d helped JFK win the 1960 election, was apoplectic at his brother Robert’s redoubled efforts to smash organized crime as attorney general.

• Cuban exiles, still smarting from the Bay of Pigs disaster and being sold out to defuse the Cuban Missile Crisis, were also mad.

That’s not all, says Kuntzler.

• Dallas mayor Earle Cabell, whose Brother, Charles, was forced by Kenned to resign as deputy CIA director after the Bay of Pigs, signed off on the last-minute change in the parade route that would bring Kennedy directly into the line of fire.

• The upper echelon of the Secret Service was aware of what was going down, and some rank-and-file agents were told to stand down just before the motorcade entered Dealey Plaza.

• The Ford Motor Company secretly patched up the limousine, so as to erase evidence of bullets fired from the front.

• And Air Force chief of staff Curtis LeMay, who clashed with Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis, was reportedly seen smiling and smoking a cigar at the slain president’s hasty autopsy — held at Maryland’s Bethesda Naval Hospital, where documents suggest two different brains may have been examined.

Hovering over it all, the theory goes, was the specter of war in Southeast Asia. “Eisenhower warned against the dangers of the military-industrial complex,” Kuntzler says. “War means money. Then and now. The whole military complex was involved. They wanted the war in Vietnam. Kennedy had signed the document, in October of 1963; he was going to pull about 14,000 advisors out.”

Lee Harvey Oswald was indeed a patsy, Kuntzler alleges, drawn into the plot as a fall guy. What’s more, he was an FBI and CIA employee ($200 a month) who tried to warn bureau superior James Hosty of the plot 10 days before the assassination. Kuntzler also swears by Dr. Charles Crenshaw’s assertion that newly sworn-in president Lyndon B. Johnson called the operating room of Parkland Hospital after Oswald was mortally wounded, demanding a deathbed confession be extracted from him.

Kuntzler is adamant that Gerald Posner’s book, the anti-conspiracy Case Closed — which drew some of its material from Posner’s sources inside the CIA — is an agency con job on the American people. And, he says, the New York Times, which “heaped extravagant praise on Posner’s book” but “discredited Oliver Stone’s film [JFK] before it was even released to the public” — is guilty by association. Posner has also written an occasional article for the Times.

“It is my theory that [the Times and the Post] are directing conspiracies of silence,” Kuntzler says. The Times knows the truth, but, even 43 years removed, is “scared to death” of the American people learning the true facts about the assassination.

..."

http://thephoenix.com/article_ektid31507.aspx

When somebody actually gets a complete copy of the ad, please post it so we can all read it.

Thanks,

BK

C'mon. Somebody post the friggin ad!

Surely we have members from the NE.

Well, here's a few comments:

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlDC/news...adlee_64164.asp

http://www.washblade.com/2006/6-8/news/localnews/theory.cfm

A DC COPA conference was once held at the same time and in adjacent rooms as the National Association of Gay and Lesbian Journalists. John Judge went over to their administrators and gave them some free passes to the COPA conference with the hope that they would actually come over and write about political assassinations.

Now this guy is using a unique tactic and is either poisoning everything he mentions or establishing a new podium in the mainstream media that hasn't been adequately used before.

Kuntzler is also pals with Thomas Lipscomb, President of Times Books, who shared the podium with Kuntzler, Fetzer and Mellen and others at that conspiracy conference at the Willard Hotel, which ended in a doneybrook befitting the House of Joy bar.

BK

There is a two full page ad in the July 31, 2007 New York Times. (Mot inexpensive!)

BTW, The New York Times recently upped its daily cost (outside of New York) from $1.00 to $1,25, a fairly hefty increase on a percentage basis. Not sure what the cost of the Sunday "Times" is.

Unfortunately I think the ad may hurt rather than help the conspiracy position in part because he throws so many people into the conspiracy.

Such as: J. Edgar Hoover because JFK was going to replace him. Sorry, J. Edgar had the "goods" on JFK; he was untouchable. And Hoover was mad as heck that his FBI was being blamed for allowing LHO to "slip through the cracks". No way J. Edgar was part of the conspiracy.

He also says the Ford Motor Company was part of the conspiracy!

I would like to see a well-reasoned (and conservative) pro-conspiracy argument printed as an advertisement. I have been impressed with some of the essays written by Michael Griifin in making the case for a conspiracy. AsI said, I think the Kutzler ad hurts rather than helps due to its extremism.

Edited by Tim Gratz

I have to agree with Tim here. I just read the advert in the NY Times while, at times, holding my head in my hands. What a great oportunity this was, two full paes of whatever content we needed to get out on the Kennedy assassination. Naming where he thinks the shots came from and who the shooters were is very tricky business. The story of sarti et al is far from verified and the Mac Wallace identification is disputed.

Mr. Kuntzler casts quite a wide web of conspirators here. Though I agree that some on them were quite involved, they are all presented as active planners in the plot and the complexity of their roles can not be given the time needed in such a short piece.

I'm glad that Mr. Kuntzler sees fit to spend his money in a manner such as this, but I feel that the content could have been vastly improved.

At one point he says that the FBI was headed by Hoover and the CIA by David Atlee Philips. This is grossly inaccurate and glaringly incorrect to those with knowledge in this field.

I'm encouraged that Mr. Kuntzler is involved, but discouraged that he did not seek editorial assistance in this piece.

I know that several researchers have contacted him, so hopefully more can come from this.

John

Yes, John, absolutely it was a great missed opportunity.

I just reread Michael Griffin's response to John McAdams and I think it makes the case for a conspiracy quite persuasively. I would like to see an essay like that broadly distributed.

Hey, here's a goal if (may be a BIG if) we can get our heads (and money) together.

We ought to be able to complete an advertisement demonstrating (conservatively) why a conspiracy existed that can fit on a single page and run it in the US Today on November 22.

I'd like to see our members e.g. Michael Griffith, Larry Hancock and Pat Speer assist in writing the piece.

And don't make it controversial by claiming that everyone in the "establishment" (and his brother) was a conspirator.

First step, I assert, is to convince the public that a conspiracy existed. Speculating re who belonged to the conspiracy goes too far for the first go-round, in my opinion.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Here is some background history on Paul Kuntzler?

http://www.washblade.com/2006/6-8/news/localnews/theory.cfm

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/whis...22whisplead.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2004Jul20.html

http://www.rainbowhistory.org/congress.htm

Maybe he should be invited to join the Forum where he will meet people who really know who killed JFK.

post-7-1185950804_thumb.jpg

Peter wrote:

"Good idea. I think ANYONE would be hardpressed to try to condense in a coherent and readable style to the uninitiated the complexities of the events in two or even four or eight full pages - no matter how small the print. Many have struggled with large books on this intricate subject..."

Peter, there sure are complexities but remember the old KISS adage. I think a lot could be said in a ONE PAGE ad in USA Today. Why not limit the ad to, e.g., the three reasons (four? five?) it is likely that JFK was killed as a result of a conspiracy.

Here's another idea: use the ad to create a public demand that all the relevant documents be released in a non-redacted form, in keeping with the spirit of the JFK Records Act. And that would include the Joannides documents.

I am quite certain that the Ford Motor Company had nothing whatsoever to do with the assassination, even if Henry Ford II was a friend of LBJ.

Unfortunately, it is assertions such as these that play into the hands of people such as Vincent Bugliosi.